Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2007, 07:00 PM   #201
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just want to clarify one thing...

When I say "I am unequivocably certain you guys will be making a bad choice..." it is because you will be killing off another Light.

I am not sold on BrianD and would love to hear other peoples' thoughts on people that aren't me (not that there was much thought on me from anyone else, though I can't blame people for voting for me based on my inactivity to this point).

I will warn you guys to be suspicious of anyone who checks back into the thread and doesn't recant their vote for me.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #202
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ugh RPI, 8 minutes just doesn't leave you enough time..

Deadline is 8am ET, schmuck.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #203
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post

whoa, where did that come from?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

SHould you tell him or should I?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM   #205
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Umm, the thread title????

WTF?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #206
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
[color="Red"]You awake at dawn, and are horrified to discover that spleen1015 is missing! In his chambers, you discover all his attendants, slaughtered, and spleen - turned inside out.

Day 2 has begun - vote deadline 8pm ET (really)[/COLOR]

hey RPI, if you bothered to visit the thread you would have seen this. I see the thread title says AM but why would we have an 8:00 am deadline?

Next time think before you post

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-04-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:09 PM   #207
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- my response is because he called me a schmuck not because of the question over deadline
Old 01-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #208
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
hey RPI, if you bothered to visit the thread you would have seen this. I see the thread title says AM but why would we have an 8:00 am deadline?

Next time think before you post

Ok, first I want to say I'm sorry if you were offended by my post. When I call someone a "schmuck" it is almost a joke, and I frequently call myself a "schmuck".

So I'm sorry for that miscommunication.

And as far as having "bothered" to visit the thread, I have admitted that I'm sorry for not having checked in for the first vote. When I glanced at the thread this AM, I saw 8am in the thread title and was not worried about rushing home or making some kind of effort to post as I knew (or thought I knew) I'd have a good evening and night to chime in and try to find some bad guys.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-04-2007 at 07:19 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #209
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, first I want to say I'm sorry if you were offended by my post. When I call someone a "schmuck" it is almost a joke, and I frequently call myself a "schmuck".

So I'm sorry for that miscommunication.

And as far as having "bothered" to visit the thread, I have admitted that I'm sorry for not having checked in for the first vote. When I glanced at the thread this AM, I saw 8am in the thread title and was not worried about rushing home or making some kind of effort to post as I knew (or thought I knew) I'd have a good evening and night to chime in and try to find some bad guys.

that first line should read ...'is almost always a joke...'
Old 01-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #210
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm sad that RPI checked in so close to the deadline as I'd have loved to not vote for him, especially upon hearing where his lack of urgency came from.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #211
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well I didn't take it as a joke but if I overreacted I am sorry
Old 01-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #212
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Oh, and as to why I thought an 8am deadline is reasonable...

Some of you may recall that I haven't played in a WW game for a while. When I was last playing, we frequently used 12/24 hour deadlines. That is, the first day deadline could be 8pm (as roles were sent out on the evening of 1/3), making the first vote a 24-hr deadline, the first night deadline 8am, then the next "day" deadline 8am following the 12-24 pattern.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #213
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Well I am not going to freak out or anything if the 8pm deadline holds, but I feel like it was not AT ALL unreasonable for me to expect an 8am deadline given that it would have fit in with the timeframe of games when I last played them, and that it is specifically the reason I didn't bother to post while I was at work today.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:16 PM   #214
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I am not going to freak out or anything if the 8pm deadline holds, but I feel like it was not AT ALL unreasonable for me to expect an 8am deadline given that it would have fit in with the timeframe of games when I last played them, and that it is specifically the reason I didn't bother to post while I was at work today.

My main justification being, of course, that I 100% believed that the deadline was 8am on 1/5/07.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #215
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
My main justification being, of course, that I 100% believed that the deadline was 8am on 1/5/07.

Sorry, keep forgetting to say my main point... I had believed the deadline was at this time because that is what the thread title says. Note that the "Day 2" in the thread title is correct, giving me every reason to believe the time with that was the correct value.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #216
Blade6119
Coordinator

RPI, if it makes you feel better i didnt vote for you

And lathum is a schmuck, no worries
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lathum I don't blame you as I didn't take it as a joke either. I'm just glad we can all mark down on our werewolf notes that for RPI shmuckiness is next to godliness and understand his use of the word.

I do appreciate the post RPI made and Lathum responded to.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly WW Mod
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #218
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry, keep forgetting to say my main point... I had believed the deadline was at this time because that is what the thread title says. Note that the "Day 2" in the thread title is correct, giving me every reason to believe the time with that was the correct value.

It was an error by the GM, one i think id be ok with him correcting by extending the day 8 hours. But, i believe his night post said PM so reading the thread would have corrected the mistake for you
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #219
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I'm starting to take some of this stuff personal

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I just get a little sensitive when I throw something out there and it doesn't go over like I had hoped. I'm sick and tired of having a vanilla role with no communication with people, no abilities, jack schitt... it gets flipping boring and frustrating having to figure things out on my own.

That random.org thingy must really not like me or something, I've had a semi-cool role maybe twice, but that's it.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, and as to why I thought an 8am deadline is reasonable...

Some of you may recall that I haven't played in a WW game for a while. When I was last playing, we frequently used 12/24 hour deadlines. That is, the first day deadline could be 8pm (as roles were sent out on the evening of 1/3), making the first vote a 24-hr deadline, the first night deadline 8am, then the next "day" deadline 8am following the 12-24 pattern.
As the inventor of the 12/24 I'm kind of sorry they've gone by the wayside. With our super large games they're too slow, but it'd be nice to bring them back, perhaps in some of the small games since I think it's a nice schedule for people like Chief or, in this case, RPI who could use that extra time.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:21 PM   #221
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Lathum I don't blame you as I didn't take it as a joke either. I'm just glad we can all mark down on our werewolf notes that for RPI shmuckiness is next to godliness and understand his use of the word.

I do appreciate the post RPI made and Lathum responded to.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly WW Mod

I dont have to listen to you, i voted for the other guy
Demotivation
Old 01-04-2007, 07:22 PM   #222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I just get a little sensitive when I throw something out there and it doesn't go over like I had hoped. I'm sick and tired of having a vanilla role with no communication with people, no abilities, jack schitt... it gets flipping boring and frustrating having to figure things out on my own.

That random.org thingy must really not like me or something, I've had a semi-cool role maybe twice, but that's it.
It's hit or miss for cool roles, but WW is a pretty solitary game. [shill]You'll want to play in Hoop's game, though, because you can pick, to a certain degree, just how cool your character will be.[/end shill]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #223
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I dont have to listen to you, i voted for the other guy
Way to buck authority there Blade :P
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 PM   #224
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
It was an error by the GM, one i think id be ok with him correcting by extending the day 8 hours. But, i believe his night post said PM so reading the thread would have corrected the mistake for you

Ok, put yourself in my shoes... you regretfully miss out on the first day vote... wake up @ 6:30am, glance at the thread title while getting ready for work, see that the title indicates a 12/24 schedule and that I will be able to go to work and come home with plenty of time to defend myself.

Why WOULDN'T I glance at the thread title, note the apparant deadline, and act as I did?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #225
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hear you DC, I never get a good role either....
Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, put yourself in my shoes... you regretfully miss out on the first day vote... wake up @ 6:30am, glance at the thread title while getting ready for work, see that the title indicates a 12/24 schedule and that I will be able to go to work and come home with plenty of time to defend myself.

Why WOULDN'T I glance at the thread title, note the apparant deadline, and act as I did?
RPI I think most of us agree that it's an understandable, but unfortunate, set of circumstances. As I indicated in my vote, and earlier in the sign-up thread, I was glad to see you play again and hope that next game you can have a smoother existance.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What are you talking about? You always seem to have a cool role.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #228
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I sympathize with you, and i understand your point. But the initial rules state deadlines are at 8 PM, the night action post said 8 PM, and day ones lynch was 8 PM. So while i see what your pointing out, its dependent upon you not even opening the thread until night 2..which is not very productive
Demotivation
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #229
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
I sympathize with you, and i understand your point. But the initial rules state deadlines are at 8 PM, the night action post said 8 PM, and day ones lynch was 8 PM. So while i see what your pointing out, its dependent upon you not even opening the thread until night 2..which is not very productive

Ok, I agree that I made a mistake.

I accept that. But I think if you guys consider WHY I made that mistake it's more reasonable than appears on the surface (the key thing being I was totally used to 12/24 deadlines).
Old 01-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I use dice!!!

Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

st.cronin's here - lets' wait on him

Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #232
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Uh... riiiiiight. Weren't you the bodyguard last game? That's a pretty cool role ain't it?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #233
st.cronin
General Manager

Sorry about the thread title. I have the votes as:

7 - RPI-Fan - Chief Rum, Jonathan Ezarik, Lathum, Schmidty, Barkeep49, BrianD, Lonestargirl
3 - BrianD - Alan T, RPI-Fan, Anxiety
1 - LoneStarGirl - Dodgerchick
1 - Dodgerchick - Blade 6119

results coming - stay tuned

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM   #234
st.cronin
General Manager

RPI-Fan has little to say during the day, even as accusation after accusation bears his name. Finally, he stands, and says, coldly: "I don't expect that you schmucks would remember that I have already been Tried, during the War of Power. That's fine. I will willingly pass through again." He disrobes, passes into the arches, and emerges from the other side, unscathed. "Well, you all have wasted an entire day on this nonsense. I hope some of you have some clever ideas for tomorrow."

Night 2 has begun - deadline 8am ET

knives out
Old 01-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #235
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm a schmuck. Oy vey.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #236
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I take that as a positive occurance, all things considered.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #237
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Strike that. I'm actually thrilled at not needlessly losing a good guy.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Not that it matters, but I did *not* vote for BrainD

Old 01-04-2007, 07:52 PM   #239
st.cronin
General Manager

note: that result had nothing to do with the deadline mixup. It was not my way of fixing an error, it was already built into the game.

knives out
Old 01-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #240
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I am terribly sorry about not getting a vote in, I've become used to the 10 pm deadlines of the past few games I played. I'll try to do better henceforward.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #241
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well I guess we learned our lesson. RPI any clue to what your role is?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #242
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Well I guess we learned our lesson. RPI any clue to what your role is?

I don't think he can answer you LSG, he's kinda dead.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #243
Blade6119
Coordinator

He passed the test, and his side was not revealed...i took it to mean he was still alive as well.
Demotivation
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #244
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Yeah, I was taking it to mean he was alive...

St. Cronin verify?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #245
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wait...

2. RPI-Fan - Tried day 2, passed, of the Light

His side is revealed
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #246
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Tried = Lynched
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #247
Blade6119
Coordinator

then he is dead, and i would just like to point out i was right
Demotivation
Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #248
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Oh well.... St. Cronin did a good job of confusing me.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #249
st.cronin
General Manager

RPI Fan is still alive, and still in the game.

knives out
Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #250
Blade6119
Coordinator

HAHA, I WAS RIGHT AGAIN!!!
Demotivation