Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2008, 05:57 AM   #301
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tuesday's practice was nice. Good weather and the boys really seemed to pay attention. They appeared ready for our Super Bowl. Connor returned and participated in drills and we got a lot accomplished.

Thursday, on the other hand, was a mile backwards. Ray, Ryan, Bryce, and Carlos...starters on both sides of the ball were missing. Ray and Ryan reportedly sick, Bryce at the circus, and Carlos without a ride. Hmmph!

That left me without the starter at 2 back and without his 'backup'. It left me without my key figure in Trojan or the backup there as well. Much less losing two of my starting linemen.

I don't know, we'll see how ready we are Saturday, I guess.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #302
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Good Luck w the Super Bowl!!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:34 AM   #303
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli
I told my defensive linemen to "grab grass" if they felt they were getting shoved out of a gap. One drive into our first game on our field and the boys alerted me that they couldn't grab grass on the turf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Sorry but ...

I agree, absolutely classic........I can only imagine the look on your face

Good Luck tomorrow, err today Rodney.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #304
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thanks, I have to admit, I'm a little anxious to get this one going.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:41 AM   #305
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Let's go Vols, let's go!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Go Vols !
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #307
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2008 C Bracket Super Bowl Champions, the Volunteers!

Vols win, 12-0.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:24 PM   #308
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice Job Rodney, great finish to the season, you really got the kids rolling.

It's early, but are you planning on staying with this group?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #309
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm strongly considering the defensive coordinator job for the 11-12 year olds next year. I'm likely to take that job if the 9/10s contract to 2-3 teams next year.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Way to go! I hope you had a fun season.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #311
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I loved every minute of it. I wish I had 10 more to play. I have no idea what I'll do with all this free time.
Old 11-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #312
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Congrats!!
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #313
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mr Poli, there's a call for you on line one ... man says his name is Hamilton, or something like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #314
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Mr Poli, there's a call for you on line one ... man says his name is Hamilton, or something like that.
I wish!

I'm seriously having coaching/football withdrawals...and just watching it isn't helping. We're having a pizza party tonight, which will be fun for all, including me.

The 'select' team has turned ugly. By ugly, I mean U G L Y you ain't got no alibi ugly. At the board meeting last Wednesday the guy wanting to run the team approached the board about using the league's pads for this tournament he's entering them in. This was after a board member mentioned that when her son goes to football camps she just checks out football pads for her son before the season starts for us.

This guy clearly has a few enemies on the board and has a vendetta against them. Likewise, they hate him and aren't going to help him if they can help it.

He started out professionally, laid out what a great deal it would be for the boys and how he'd be willing to pay for whatever extra cost the insurance would rack up...things like that.

The...ladies that don't like him start howling right away. No, no, no, they said...including the one that said she checked out pads early (like she had a leg to stand on).

As they kept shutting him down he began to lose his cool. Moreover, so did the parents that showed up for the meeting just to see if their boys could use the pads.

Threats, not of physical harm but of what they'd do with their boys next season, were made. Things got really, really bad.

Somehow, the members of the board that were actually for the tournament got the board to agree to at least look into it immediately (though three nay votes came from the ladies). Unfortunately, one of those ladies was tasked to look into the insurance portion.

Not to anyone's surprise, the league was 'told' that they could not have coverage by insurance or by having parents sign a waiver. At least, that's what was the ladies said.

Phone calls were made to parents with players on the team. On top of that, letters were mailed out by the league today that stated that any boy using the pads in any way now that our season was over was subject to a ban from the league.

Now, I'm not necessarily on either side. Frank, the guy who put this team together, has his own agenda and he knew what he was getting into. He knew the problems he'd have and he dug his own grave. He could have, in my opinion, easily navigated around this by allowing someone else to take the lead on this project.

The ladies on the board are despicable as well. They weren't going to agree with anything they heard. I'm disgusted that one of those naysayers admitted earlier to having her boy check out pads before our practices started. Embarrassing.

Anyhow, now some of us are rather hacked at the 'ladies' on the board and we're looking at trying to replace them. I might end up on the board if that's the case.

Frank is looking at taking the boys/parents that are loyal to him and possibly playing up in the city next season.

Oh joy.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:43 PM   #315
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The boys and parents gave me a couple of gift cards and a team autographed football. I was grinning ear to ear. That was really nice of them.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #316
TonyR
High School Varsity

Did you decide if you were going at it again next year as the HC or as an AC?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #317
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It's a long way off, but at this point I might move up to the 11-12s and be the defensive coordinator. Anything's possible, though. If they need me at the 9/10s, I'll go there without a problem.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #318
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Congratulations Rodney!!!

Whatever you decide, your passion will get you as high as you want to go.. this is what more kids sports need!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #319
TonyR
High School Varsity

Great season none-the-less Rodney.
It sounds like some of the other coaches would appreciate having you be their assistant.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:10 PM   #320
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was nominated and voted the league's assistant coaching director.

So I am now the coaching director's "YES" man.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #321
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #322
TonyR
High School Varsity

So, bigger job than just AC ?
Great group shot.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:09 PM   #323
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Scott's now saying I may be dubbed the head coach and defensive coordinator, though I think the title 'head coach' would be in name only. After all, he does have more experience in this league and with these kids than I do.

As for the assistant coaching director, I now help run our spring flag football, assist in selecting and recruiting new head coaches, and listen to complaints by parents about their boy's playing time.

I found out yesterday that I was one of three head coaches out of the nine teams we had that didn't receive a single complaint.

Other parents from my team were selected as well. Nick T's mom moved up from "Field and Safety" (super joke position, in my opinion) to Vice President. Carlos's mom takes over as cheerleading director...though I don't believe she's ever shown up for a meeting. That pretty much tells you how bad our last director was. Nick and JD's mom and dad take over as fundraising coordinator and field and safety, respectively. Bryan was also nominated for assistant coaching director but declined at the meeting when he saw I was his opponent. He actually gave a quick comment in front of everyone about how I was definitely the better choice.

With now five people from my clan on the board, I feel I will now run the show. I need to work on my evil plans right away.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #324
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I found out yesterday that I was one of three head coaches out of the nine teams we had that didn't receive a single complaint.

With all the crap to deal with and the over-the-top parents you read about doing crack-head things, this is something to really be proud of.