Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #51
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Alexander went to the Broncos with the second overall pick. So much for being under the radar.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #52
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Yet another reason to hate the Broncos!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #53
Senator

Finally received the schedule. We practice Tue, Thursday of this week, and then Saturday we have the official weigh in at 9:45, then scrimmage the Hawkeyes from 11:30-12:00 in front of the world. We are then going to go over to our field and scrimmage the Hawkeyes from 12:30-2:30pm.

This is good, as both teams want to spend some time working full teams against another one. The funny thing is; we just received the scehdule for the season. We play the same Hawkeye team in game one. Well, I guess we will know each other pretty well by the 27th. Just one of those weird things. We had 16 other teams, and we draw the Hawkeyes for the scrimmage and first game.

Date Place Time Home Away

Sat 09/27/08 Field 1 4:45 PM Hawkeyes
Sat 10/04/08 Stadium 12:30 P Yellow Jackets
Sat 10/11/08 Field 2 3:30 PM Broncos
Sat 10/18/08 Field 1 3:30 PM Panthers
Sat 10/25/08 Field 1 6:00 PM Colts
Sat 11/01/08 Stadium 10:00 A Killer Frogs
Sat 11/08/08 Field 1 3:30 PM Saints
Sat 11/15/08 Field 2 4:45 PM Chargers

Pre-season scouting report:

Game 1: Hawkeyes - we scrimmage them a week before we play them for almost 3 hours. I wonder if I can run the same offensive play over and over. If it looks like we are having a hard time with this team in the scrimmage, I am going to run every play to get reps in. If it looks like we are better than them by a long shot, I may only run 6 or so plays and save my others. Early indications are we are much better, but who knows.

Game 2: Yellow Jackets - The odds on favorites to win the entire thing. In the coaches poll, they were ranked #1. We were ranked #7 out of 18 teams. The head coach and his staff are very good and always prepared and have the best QB in the league. Rumors are they are running the spread offense and kicking field goals, which would blow everyone's mind. Hopefully I can scout them with my DVD, and I bet I put in 40 hours in film study of this team before we play them.

Game 3: Broncos - The hated Broncos. I don't like the coach, and he has Alexander. They are considered a lower level team (because of the coach and his ineptness). I expect to win this game.

Game 4: Panthers - The mystery team. Now, this is the team that had the Top Gun coaches who looked roided up and couldn't stop looking at each other longingly during the tryouts. But during the draft, the coach made some bizarre choices early on that made me think he was an idiot. I think we destroy this team or are destroyed, no middle ground.

Game 5: Colts - I didn't get a chance to play this team last season, but he brought 6 players back from his squad. The coach seems a little unfocused to me, but when he saw the single wing last season he loudly proclaimed if we "tried that shit on him, he would whip our ass." He gets his wish this season.

Game 6: Killer Frogs - We beat this team 14-6 in game one last season. They are looking for payback. The coach kept 6 players who look pretty good. This team is ranked #3 in the coaches poll. We should have our hands full.

Game 7: Saints - We lost the last game of the regular season last year to this team in triple overtime. It was a war. The Saints coach is smart and has the equal of Jack in a kid named Atmore. I expect this game to be a defensive war.

Game 8: Chargers - If l lose to this team, I hope the ghost of Lombardi haunts me forever. The coach tried during the draft to pick 9 players in a row that had already been drafted. How can I lose to this guy??

So, in just speculative theory, we have 4-5 games I think we should win just on coaching alone. The other 3-4 are going to test us all that we want.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 09-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #54
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Yellow Jackets - The odds on favorites to win the entire thing. In the coaches poll, they were ranked #1.

I generally like the way that sentence sounds.

Good luck - worth noting that even without any real, constructive input, I'm really enjoying reading this (and the other team coaching dynasties out there). Thanks for doing it.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #55
Senator

Last night was another practice. We inch closer to the days I love. Prepping for an upcoming opponent, and seeing the results on Saturday. Heaven.

At practice last night, I saw some things I really liked. The boys were "up" and seem like a group that are naturally spirited. They want to hit someone other than each other.

A few of the "lesser" kids really showed me something. Payton, Clayton, and Tre - our 13,14,15 rated players came to practice ready to learn. In the Oklahoma drill, little Clayton took on Jack and took him out. The screams from the kids and the bounding whoops from the coaches made the whole practice buzz. Clayton has been afraid to hit, and he lined up against the toughest, biggest kid in the entire league and went toe to toe. It was beautiful. Later, on one on one drills, little Tyler called out Jack for a one one one drill and Jack just crushed him. Tyler got up and said, "That didn't hurt. My dad paid alot of money for these pads". I couldn't stop smiling. I think we have some hitters with alot of heart. Will it translate, will it translate to the field?

One more practice, then the open kimona scrimmage. My excitement level is building.....

Last edited by Senator : 09-17-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 PM   #56
Senator

Got an email from the #1 seed. He is trying to get in my head.

"I got some tricks up my sleeve for you....I'm changing it up when we play you guys. I hate to lose. I heard all of the teams are struggling. We have a few weak kids but I think our defense will be just as good as last years but our offense will be a little different than last year. It should be a tough game for both of us. The first game has me worried because I don't know what to expect from the kids that haven't played. I am running the spread,double wing,trips,quad,wish bone,and I formations. The backfield has 50 plays committed to memory so far. I am going to be tough to beat."

I told him I am only thinking about the Hawkeyes. Then I said, "You sure have a diverse offense. As for me..... Single Wing 4 Life."

Old 09-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #57
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't know how football is, but in basketball the time it would take to install 10 plays is monumental. If he has installed anywhere close to 50, I admire his staff's ability.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:40 PM   #58
Poli
FOFC Survivor

He forgot to add the A-11 Offense. I'm disappointed.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #59
Senator

A couple of bon mots from team notebook:

One of the kids moms showed up Tuesday night hammered. She came up to talk to me after practice with a 32 ounce tumbler full of vodka, most of which had already been consumed. Luckily the team mom's saw my dilemma, and made sure she didn't drive the player home, by driving them home. The vodka was so strong from the glass, it was stinging my eyes.

It looks like Andrew and Garett go to the same school, and have major issues with each other. Andrew is 130 pounds and the sweetest kid I ever met. Garett is 65 pounds and seems angry. I notice they glare at each other during practice, but that is normal when you are beating each other up 6 hours a week. But, the history is, that Garett runs around with a bully around school. They get into trouble. Apparently, Andrew comes to the aid of kids when the bully goes on his rampage. Garett is the friend of the bully, so the hatred is transferred to Andrew. Apparently, on Monday, Garett and the bully walked into the restroom and saw Andrew washing his hands. They called Andrew a "loser", and Andrew maintained his composure but seethed the past few days. He told his dad, "I am calling out Garett during drills, and when I pound him in the dirt, I am going to ask him who the loser is now."

How to handle this?

Option 1: Do nothing and let it work itself out, as every team has these types of things happen.

Option 2: Put them on each other as much as possible to let them fight the anger out of them.

Option 3: Do buddy events that force them to talk, interact, and get to know each other as people.

Option 4: Sit them down and lecture them on teamwork and being cohesive as a team.

Option 5: Run them every time I hear of a school altercation.

Option 6: Use their hatred of each other as a motivational tool

Last edited by Senator : 09-18-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 AM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

I vote 4 and 3 both, first a talk, then assign them some tasks that force them to interact positively. Can be as simple as have them lead the team onto the field for your first game (We go 2 by 2 and have the players hold hands) Put in a "fun" end of practice event like a piggyback race and pair them up. I did those types of things once a week when I coached Pop Warner years back and it was always something the kids enjoyed.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #61
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Same as BYU. Anytime I've had known bully issues I've pulled the boys aside since losing Tyler W.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #62
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I don't think the problem is that these two don't know each other. I've done something in basketball where they are a team and are forced to rely on each other, like BYU is suggesting.

I think this idea that people don't get along because they don't know each other is a naive and pat explanation perpetrated upon us. First impressions are not only lasting, but often correct. Short of a change in outlook by one of the players, and in this case we'd all hope it would be Garett, I don't see these two every liking each other.

Hopefully you build up some trust between the two. But no matter what I think you do set clear boundaries of what is OK or not. I would be frank with them and explain that if they can't get at least tolerate each other it's going to hurt them, as their learning and PT will suffer, and it's going to hurt the team. While you set the goal of tolerate to them, I would, of course, aim much higher.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 AM   #63
Senator

I think it will be fine long term. Andrew has a big heart, and Garett seems easily led, and we are showing him the right path.

Practice was a little sluggish last night. I think the guys are really tired of hitting each other, and ready to play someone else. Tomorrow is quite a day. I will help the bantam coaches with weigh in from 7-9:30, and then weigh my guys in, and afterward scrimmage the Hawkeyes. Then we go over to our field to continue, and I am buying the pizza for the day. I am allotting about 300 dollars for pizza and drinks for 35 players and parents. I hope it is enough. Maybe I should add another 100 to be safe.

Things that happen to every coach, that I was hoping might avoid this season, happened.

First, our starting fullback and linebacker, Derek, showed up with a severe sprain on his ankle. He was running around at recess, and hurt himself. So, I am keeping him out of this scrimmage and hoping he will be ready by game day on the 27th.

Wil is the only one who has missed a practice and he needs it most. When he arrives, he has forgotten his mouth piece, pants pads, and yesterday, his jersey. Luckily, I have been doing this long enough, where I have several backups of everything a kid could lose, break, or forget. He is exhausting my supply, though.

My assistant coach, whose son is my QB and CB, and the leader of the team, informed me yesterday he will miss 3 games because he paid 2000 dollars for season LSU tickets and will go to them. I would never have drafted my star player if I knew he would miss games. I also need the coach there, as he handles special teams and linebackers. He and I are going to have a very frank discussion tomorrow.

So, a day of frustration, that I hope works itself out by next week. Tomorrow, though, we will see where we are, as we scrimmage a very poor team, by all accounts.

Last edited by Senator : 09-19-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:31 AM   #64
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My assistant coach, whose son is my QB and CB, and the leader of the team, informed me yesterday he will miss 3 games because he paid 2000 dollars for season LSU tickets and will go to them. I would never have drafted my star player if I knew he would miss games. I also need the coach there, as he handles special teams and linebackers. He and I are going to have a very frank discussion tomorrow.

What a bunch of BS. That's showing the kid how to be a committed, responsible person by joining a team and bailing when there is something "more fun" or something Mommy and Daddy want to do. Not to mention leaving you minus a coach for several games.

What a douche.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #65
Senator

Well boys, I would love not to have to report this, but a dynasty thread should be truthful and honest or what is the point?

We played a team today in the kickoff classic scrimmage that really does not have much going for it. They whipped us. They got outside of our supposed select level corner and ran to the house twice. Our center direct snap failed 12 out of 17 plays. Which means, those 12 plays were bust, where we just jumped on the ball. We scored once, a methodical march on the 5 good plays, but they were a better team. And they should be a .500 squad.

We went back to our field afterwards and scrimmaged. The boys were hungry and tired and it was a hour and a half of attrition basically. Big Jack got racked in the first scrimmage, and then he twisted his ankle in the second. We pin so much on his play that when he is out, we have little in reserve. Speaking of reserves; ours are really green and really small, and really scared of what they got themselves into.

Now, it is typical for first time players to be shell shocked playing in front of everyone against another team, and we have 10 newbies. But, I was able to watch some of the other teams we play, and I am being sincerely honest when I say, based on what I saw, we are 1-2 win team. Now, true I didn't pick a true player I wanted until the 5th round, but that is hole I dug, and I have to live with it.

So, for those following along, we face this same team next Saturday. You might be following a train wreck, but I won't make excuses. I am going to give these kids my best effort, and take my whippings like a man.

I know that we are the defending champions, even though I only have 3 players from that team, but I could see the happy grins on the other coaches faces when they saw I had little to show them today. I guess I would have been the same way.

Last edited by Senator : 09-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #66
Senator

September 21, 2008
Week 1 - Must Haves for Success

GOALS
A. GOOD SNAP
B. STOP THE SWEEP

OFFENSE

1. The Snap – We had 12 of 17 plays result in fumbled snaps where we could not run a play. The snap will be resolved this week. I am taking Reegan and Richard and spending all the time I need to get them ready. As of now, Reegan starts.

2. Running backs ready positions - Almost all of the backs had their knees rarely bent and the knuckles were not touching the ground. Fix this.

3. Left side of line – If the snap is at correct velocity and position, never a problem, unless backs are not running hard enough. Determine good snap, quick backs off the ball, and if the problem still exists, run adjustment play called CROSS, using the FB as a blocker on left side.

4. #4 wing back – Garett walked to line of scrimmage, lined up in wrong positions, held almost every play, and ran through wrong hole on reverse. #1 have honest talk with him, #2 replace with Thomas.

5. Tight Ends – Austin needs to hold block on left side, and Ryan needs to block someone and get out of the way, never stand around. BLOCK until whistle blows.

6. Consider adding 2 more outside plays to playbook.

DEFENSE

1. #20 fastest kid in the entire combine with a 5.80 forty. Second place was almost 6.0. He burned us on the corners. The Hawkeye coaches feel they could have done that all game, so we will have to spend our time here working on stopping the sweep.

2. Our safeties and corners sucked in and did not play their positions. This was at all three positions. Teach them better this week.

3. Linebackers need a second look – best personnel? Review

4. Defensive ends – Big part of stopping the sweep

5. Jack – Harness his enthusiasm – play smarter

Old 09-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #67
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ouch. Having coached a couple of really awful teams that first game can sure provide a sinking feeling. Hopefully once your offense hits its rhythm better, with more successful snaps, your defense will follow
Old 09-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #68
BYU 14
Coordinator

Tough go in the scrimmage my friend, but like I always say, plenty of good opportunities for teaching. As you know we had our share this week too.

I will say this, in the circumstances you are facing now, you are the type of coach I would want my son playing for. It is crystal clear that you care and will do a great job coaching them up!
Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #69
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I couldn't agree more. I have faith you can coach these boys up and get them confident in themselves.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #70
Senator

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the continued support. Even though I have played football 17 years, and coached for 4, I have learned a very valuable lesson. Until you have something to compare your team to; you have no idea what you have.

Lesson learned. Hey, we stop the sweep and solve the snap, we have a shot.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #71
Senator

F me.

I guess the boys wanted no more of what happened to them on Saturday. My starting LB, and both DE's moms called today and said they were sick. We get what we deserve on Saturday.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #72
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah when that stuff happened to me, it nearly drove me out of coaching. And after only one game? Man that's rough. I'm so sorry to hear about that.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We get what we deserve on Saturday.

Actually, seems more like you (that show up) will get what they (who didn't show up) deserve.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-23-2008 at 07:57 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #74
Senator

Ok, our starting LB and FB Derek will not be able to play Saturday. He was one of the few solid guys who I was depending on and who played well during the scrimmage Saturday.

We will have to start little Payton, who is all heart and no talent. But, you know what, he will give us his best, and that is good enough for me.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #75
Senator

I didn't have this problem last year, and maybe I just got unlucky this season.

Derek is out from his asthma. Wil called me on my way to practice,

"Coach, I don't feel good and will miss practice tonight, my mom is right here and asked I call you."

"Wow, Wil, I am sorry to hear that. You have missed one or two practices a week, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I just don't feel good. I will see you Tuesday."

"Well, today is only Thursday, are you going to miss the game on Saturday?"

"Yeah, I will feel bad until then."

"Can I talk to your mom?"

"She is in the bathroom, now."

"Please tell her I will call her later."

16-2 = 14.

Practice starts. We must work on stopping that sweep. We put little Payton in at LB to teach him his assignments since Derek is out. He says he is having an asthma attack. His mom comes over and says she is taking him home.

14-1= 13.

We do some half lines and fit and freeze drills with the remaining players. Then Tyler tells his dad he is sick and has to go home.

13-1 = 12.

We work on wrapping up, Jack hit Clayton with a good tackle. Clayton starts crying he broke his hand. He tells his mom he wants to go home. His hand is not broke but the coaches and I see what is spreading among the players. Clayton cries dramatically until they leave.

12-1= 11.

The 11 who remain include 5 kids that were probably going to play minimum plays because of experience and talent. We repped them the best we could, but I really think we might be beat by 30 points on Saturday because these kids need to fed into football slowly and in the right situations. Playing a full game on both sides of the ball, will be asking way more than they should be asked at this point in their development.

I don't recall in any year coaching going through something like this.

Last edited by Senator : 09-26-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #76
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Mercy.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #77
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Boy, there is no way my folks would let me get away that kind of crap. Is it just me or have times really changed?
Old 09-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #78
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

When I pulled that kind of stunt, after consoling me for a reasonable amount of time, my Dad would say "Look, you're not hurt. You want me to give you something to really cry about?" Worked like a charm.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #79
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Man do I feel for you. What an ugly situation and it's only getting worse. I wish you some luck with their parents. Man that just sucks.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #80
Senator

Ok, trying to give the facts is sounding alot like whining. So, ok Senator, you are in a tough spot. What are you going to do?

I have been watching the scrimmage film over and over. I think I can nasty my right overbalanced TE and pinch that DE, which gives me numerical advantage on that right side. I have big Jack pulling, and thunder Perez running. (I call Perez Earl Campbell because of his legs and build). If I have to run 16 power and 18 sweep every damn play I will. Then I will hit them with a 43 reverse. If we can get the snap off, I think we can get yardage.

Defense, box the ends and have the corners contain. Make them go inside on us, force it. Give up 4 - never 80, and hope we can get a turnover or a miscue on them.

That's the game plan. 4:45pm CST. We are going to show and see what happens.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 PM   #81
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Give up 4 - never 80, and hope we can get a turnover or a miscue on them. That's the game plan.

I like this. If you get beat, let it be because the other guy has simply got more weapons, not because you didn't make the best of what you have.

All you can really do in this kind of situation is work with what you have & give them the most opportunities to succeed, and that seems like what you've come up with.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #82
Senator

We won 20-12. With 18 seconds to go at our own 40, score tied 12-12, I called time out and gave the line and backs my best Rockne speech, and told them to take it to the house.

16 power, beautifully done, touchdown. Little Tyler outran the fastest guy in the league for the score.

Last edited by Senator : 09-28-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:20 PM   #83
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

WTF? OMG ! LOL !

Nice job Coach
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #84
Barkeep49
Coordinator

This is the best possible thing to have happened. I'm guessing the health of your team is going to experience some remarkable recovery. Congrats!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #85
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn the doubters and their Froggie chants, great job coach!!
Old 09-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #86
Senator

Oh, why the heck not, let's celebrate with video.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Lovin' the video. Once their big guy stumbled for just a second it was over.

The demolition of your back in the post-TD celebration by what looks like a very tall lineman was worth the price of admission too
Old 09-28-2008, 11:37 PM   #88
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Awesome!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #89
Senator

Stats and summary written by parent.

Junior Cowboys vs. Hawkeyes
9/27/2008 4:45 PM at Football Field
Score Board
9/27/2008 4:45 PM
Football Field
1 2 3 4 F
Junior Cowboys
6 0 6 8 20
Hawkeyes
6 0 6 0 12
Junior Cowboys Offensive Stats Summary
Pts F Rush Yds Rush Plays Rush Avg Pass Plays TDs Yds Tot 1st Downs T/O
20 280 23 12.2 2 3 280 6 3

TOTAL 2
Junior Cowboys Rushing Stats
No Name POS YDS ATT TDS 2PT FUM LNG AVG
12 Payton RB 2 2 1 1.0
25 Garet HRB 13 2 18 6.5
32 Brenton RB 90 8 1 1 57 11.2
20 Thomas RB 80 3 76 26.7
18 Tyler QB 95 8 2 3 50 11.9
TOTAL 280 23 3 1 3 76 12.2
Game Summary
Cowboys Win 20-12 over tough Hawkeye squad. Using a trio of running backs, the Cowboys gained 280 yards and three touchdowns in route to an exciting last second finish in the first game of the 2008 season. Feisty quarterback Tyler , along with Big Brenton, and Crazy legs Thomas, rushed 23 times and averaged 12 yards a carry to carry the offense. Along with Payton and Garret in the offense, the backfield rushed with authority behind the almost perfect snapping of Richard. The line dominated, as the big boys Jack, Andrew, Jacob, Reegan, and Austin kept the pressure on. Defensively, the team had their hands full as Hawkeye running back Fudge, showed speed to the outside on two long sweeps to bring the score 12-12 late in the fourth quarter. On the last drive, which started at the Cowboys own 15, things looked rough until Brenton powered 25 yards to get the team a new set of downs. Then, on 3rd and 14, a picture perfect reverse to Garret gave the Cowboys 1st down at the 50 yard line. With 18 seconds left, the Cowboys had time for one more play. 16 power was the call, and Tyler sped past stumbling defensive men, and scored on the long run. The defense caused several bad snaps, and seemed to frustrate the Hawkeye team all day. Next up is the impressive Yellow Jacket team, who won 32-0 over the Saints.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #90
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Is that big guy's head to big for a white helmet?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:01 AM   #91
Senator

His dad is a coach at a local high school and that is the color of the helmets. He gets it free.

Last edited by Senator : 09-30-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #92
Senator

The new "very informal" coaches poll is out. We draw the #1 seed this week.

1. Yellow Jackets (1-0) - beat Saints 32-0
2. Killer Frogs (1-0) - beat Broncos 27-6
3. Hornets (1-0) - beat Steelers 43-0
4. Longhorns (1-0) - beat Hurricanes 26-0
5. Raiders (1-0) - beat Panthers 18-6
6. Indians (1-0) - beat Desperados 14-0
7. Cowboys (1-0) - beat Hawkeyes 20-12
8. Chargers (1-0) - beat Scorpions 14-0
9. Colts (1-0) - beat Red Raiders 6-0
10. Saints (0-1) - a solid team that met a juggernaut. Might win out from this point.
11. Hawkeyes (0-1) - Gave us all we wanted. A B Bracket team (5-8) when said and done.
12. Broncos (0-1) - From what I saw had 2 pass plays and 2 running plays.
13. Panthers (0-1) - Don't know. Just a guess, they are not very good.
14. Scorpions (0-1) - The two cool coaches could not pull a win together despite hours trying.
15. Desperados (0-1) - Not sure why they are so bad, but they are.
16. Red Raiders (0-1) - a strong team from last season re-tooling after losing top heavy 10y olds.
17. Hurricanes (0-1) - coach seems indifferent to everything.
18. Steelers (0-1) - This poor team is so poorly coached, I bet there is a change before season end.

Last edited by Senator : 09-30-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #93
Senator

Ok, so we missed a bullet last week. What can we expect from the Yellow Jackets. I know the coaches. They are very, very good. The defense swarms, they gang tackle, the always win the first two steps off the ball. The head coaches son plays LB and QB and he might be the MVP of the league. Smart, fast, plays with contained anger.

We are going to install a few changes from our usual setup to adjust to HIM. We feel if we contain him on both sides of the ball, we might be in the game. I still think I will need to score 20 or more to win.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 PM   #94
Senator

Good practice tonight. We decided to go for broke against the highly favored Yellow Jackets. Anything can happen.

Here is the compiled offensive highlights from Saturday.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #95
Senator

By the way, #32 is my Earl Campbell, Perez. #18 is Tyler. #20 is Thomas.

Shaking hands at the end - big guy up front is my DC and I always trail the end to talk to the coaches.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #96
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Not exactly the single wing I was expecting. You should email me your playbook.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:45 AM   #97
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Great stuff, Senator...definitely have some solid, little runners!!

Great run by #20 when he cut back to the near side of the field for what looked like 50 or so yards. Even better, one of the kids chasing him drops to his knees in exhaustion after the play is over...ah, to be a kid again!!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #98
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Why does one kid have a black helmet?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #99
Senator

Quote:
His dad is a coach at a local high school and that is the color of the helmets. He gets it free.

see above

Old 10-01-2008, 09:21 PM   #100
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Sorry, my bad.