Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #151
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Babson - Average

(looks like he lucked out with card creation for this one)

Again.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #152
chesapeake
College Starter

Average for Llyw

Last edited by chesapeake : 02-28-2012 at 07:33 AM.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:52 AM   #153
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nielsen will sit this one out and get a massage from Ingrid.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #154
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

David Ginsberg will go average again.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #155
britrock88
Pro Starter

Average for Bafou.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #156
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Got half the athlete's results for the 2nd throw...still waiting on the declaration on the other half

(for Ashkayev I used Normal as was the instruction from ntdeacon's initial post on style...but it can be changed...just post the new style before I post the results)
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #157
larrymcg421
Head Coach

McGillicuddy - Average

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:51 AM   #158
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Rambis will throw one more normal, then chill out on the third.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #159
PilotMan
Head Coach

I can't believe that! The likelihood of 3 consecutive fouls given my choices is about 3%. What luck!

Given that, the Norwegians insist that he only go out and give a normal attempt for the next throw. If he fails to score well on this one, he is pretty much done for.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #160
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

all out for mccloud
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #161
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Frank Justice - average
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #162
kingfc22
Head Coach

Gonzalez - normal
Old 02-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #163
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 3 - Shot Put - Throw 2

Babson
Babson...prepares himself for his second turn...he gets set...uncorks...and oh my!!!...he's really launched this one...it is extremely long. There is no white flag so this one is going to count. We wait on the measurement and the official distance is 57' 1" I only count two results better on the entire card...1 in average and 1 in allout...This is a huge result - which puts the pressure on everyone else...it will still remain to be seen if his stamina will hold up for the entire event...

Ginsberg
Ginsberg takes his second attempt...and it looks very similar in execution but shorter in distance 44' 4""Last result was 3rd shortest in the column, this was the second shortest...a serious run of bad luck for Ginsberg

Nielsen
Nielsen chose to pass his second attempt...following Babson's launch it will be interesting to see what the big Dane does next round...

McCloud
McCloud's 3rd attempt is a big toss...the put clearly travels more than 53'...but there the flag is raised. It was late going up but regardless the result is the same Foul

Llyw
Llyw gives his second turn a go and he also ends up with a Foul Amazing how quickly fortunes can change in the decathlon...from the highs of a personal best in the Long Jump to a huge decision on how to handle the 3rd throw in the shot with no score currently on the board and the current overall leader having a big result...

Rambis
Rambis has a slight hitch in his attempt and his throw comes up short of the previous result 49' 8" Still quite a few results that are better...

Justice
Justice's second attempt results in another Foul For the second straight event, Justice will head into his final attempt with no score on the board. Last time he posted a respectible result in the long jump, it will be interesting to see if he can deliver again when the pressure is on

Bafou
The strange form doesn't work as well this time as his throw is short of his first attempt...49' 4". Still half of the result are better than the current recorded score.

McGillicuddy
The second attemp from McGillicuddy is almost identical to the first. I can't tell by eyeballing it if it is an improvement or not. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if the measurement came back exactly the same...and the announced distance is 44' 1" Only 3 results worse this time...another player with a serious run of bad luck...

Ashkayev
Ashkayev, coming off his own run of bad luck, gives the put a mighty heave...and it is a pretty good one. Significant better than his first. Oh and looking at the replay he came about as close to a foul as you can without having the white flag raised. I'll bet you couldn't have fit a piece of paper between his toe and the board. The measurement is...51' This is a good result, but not nearly a personal best. There are 11 better in the average column and 5 in the allout

Gunderson
Gunderson, frustrated by his performance thus far, really takes his anger out on his second attempt. He uncorks and lets out a huge roar as the put flies into the landing area. He has a good result this time...though not nearly a personal best...the result measures in as50' 2" This result is about in the middle of possible outcomes for the column...

Gonzalez
Gonzalez ends up over rotating and stepping on top of the toe board.Foul Gonzalez will go into the final throw with one of the worst possible outcomes possible on his card...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:39 AM   #164
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 2 - Shot Put - 2nd Attempt Leaderboard

Code:
Babson - 57' 1" Rambis - 52' 11" Nielsen - 52' 4" Ashkayev - 51' Bafou - 50' 5" Gunderson - 50' 2" McCloud - 47' 10" Gonzalez - 46' 8" Ginsberg - 44' 10" McGillicuddy - 44' 1" Llyw - - Justice - -

Last edited by Breeze : 02-29-2012 at 07:48 AM. Reason: edited to correct my posting mistake on Gunderson's results...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #165
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Ready for declaration of style...
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 AM   #166
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yay.

Babson will try and catch his breath by sitting out the final toss.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #167
PilotMan
Head Coach

Im confused, did Gunderson get a 50-2 or a 48-11?

Like Steam?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #168
PilotMan
Head Coach

Either way I guess, he's going all out on his last throw.

Like Steam?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #169
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hey PM,

Sorry, transcribe error when I was working on the results...the write up is correct the leaderboard is wrong...you're at 50' 2"...fixing it now...
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #170
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ashkayev normal
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #171
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. Nielsen will save his strength. The Danish women's curling team is in town.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #172
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

David Ginsberg will go average yet again.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #173
kingfc22
Head Coach

Gonzalez - average
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #174
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Half of the athletes have reported in...
Old 02-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #175
larrymcg421
Head Coach

McGillicuddy - Average

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #176
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Frank Justice - Average
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #177
chesapeake
College Starter

Llyw is going average. It may knock me out of the decathlon, but I don't know how I can win with the points I am likely to get from the safe card.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #178
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Rambis will sit out throw 3.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #179
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Average for mccloud
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #180
britrock88
Pro Starter

Average for Bafou. Sorry for delaying the proceedings by 5 hours!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #181
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 3 - Shot Put - Throw 3

Babson
Babson...feeling some of the effects of fatigue, has elected to sit out this round...

Ginsberg
Takes his 3rd attempt hoping to improve on the 44' 4" score he currently has on the board, but unfortunately, he clips the board and Fouls Still dealing with the serious run of bad luck

Nielsen
Nielsen enjoying his massage and conserving his energy, Nielsen elects to pass...

McCloud
McCloud's 3rd attempt is a big toss...this throw is clearly better than his first...it may not be close to personal best but it will certainly earn him significantly more points tha a 47' throw... 51' 5"

Llyw
Llyw comes into this final attempt without a score...a foul here will eleminate him from the competition...and with his form being off, we'd assume he'd be pretty conservative with this attempt. He gets ready, and there is a pretty good effort put into this throw. It certainly isn't an allout effort, but he didn't hold much back. No flag is raised and he'll record an official distance of 49' 1" Certainly not a great result, especially when most of the column was over 50', but at least he keeps himself in the game...

Rambis
Decides his 52' 11" result is good enough and passes...

Justice
Like Llyw the pressure is on here. This is the second straight event where Justice has left his fate up to his final attempt...just like the long jump he doesn't back off on his attempt, there was nice explosion out of the croutch...he has a nice throw here...52' 11" For the second straight event, Justice comes through when he needs to...There were better results on the card, but considering the situation, this turned out better than could have been expected.

Bafou
Just couldn't quite time up the awkward form to improve on the first throw...in fact, this one was shorter than the 2nd...48' 11".

McGillicuddy
McGillicuddy unwinds on his 3rd attempt and this throw is going to be longer than the previous one - but it still is not one he's going to be overly pleased with...45' This result is still in the bottom 3rd of the column...

Ashkayev
coming off his nice 51' effort in the previous throw, Ashkayev is pumped about his 3rd attempt...he gives it a heave...and the white flag goes up...Foul

Gunderson
Gunderson steps into the circle for his final attempt...he is looking more relaxed...the 50'+ result from the previou throw must have allowed him to settle in, knowing his got a decent score already recorded...he unwinds and really launches this one...He yelling as he watches the put fly through the air. The ball lands and he raises his arms in triumph, while cutting a quick glance at the official with the white flag. This is a great effort...and the official distance is measured at 55' 8" MAX OUT!!!

Gonzalez
Gonzalez, give the results of the other performers really needs to do something here. That 46' score on the board would really put him in a hole if he can't improve...the throw is away and it registers 49'

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #182
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 2 - Shot Put - Final Leaderboard

Code:
Babson - 57' 1" Gunderson - 55' 8" Rambis - 52' 11" Justice - 52' 11" Nielsen - 52' 4" McCloud - 51' 5" Ashkayev - 51' Bafou - 50' 5" Llyw - 49' 1" Gonzalez - 49' McGillicuddy - 45' Ginsberg - 44' 4"
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #183
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 2 - Shot Put - Event Points

Code:
Babson - 938 Gunderson - 912 Rambis - 860 Justice - 860 Nielsen - 849 McCloud - 832 Ashkayev - 824 Bafou - 813 Llyw - 788 Gonzalez - 786 McGillicuddy - 711 Ginsberg - 699
Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #184
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Overall Leaderboard

Code:
Babson - 2930 McCloud - 2792 Llyw - 2650 Rambus - 2629 Nielsen - 2616 McGillicuddy - 2606 Bafou - 2592 Ginsberg - 2589 Gunderson - 2588 Justice - 2570 Gonzalez - 2500 Ashkayev - 2462

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #185
chesapeake
College Starter

Just checking -- the write up for Llyw says 49-11 and the final leaderboard says 49-1. Not that I'm scrimping for every last point, but...well, OK, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Very disappointing event. But today is St. David's day, so I expect great things for Wales's finest athlete.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM   #186
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Just checking -- the write up for Llyw says 49-11 and the final leaderboard says 49-1. Not that I'm scrimping for every last point, but...well, OK, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Very disappointing event. But today is St. David's day, so I expect great things for Wales's finest athlete.

damn my write ups...that's what I get for over typing...hang on. I still have all the rolls associated with the game saved. so i'll research it back. Sorry about that...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #187
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
damn my write ups...that's what I get for over typing...hang on. I still have all the rolls associated with the game saved. so i'll research it back. Sorry about that...

Ok, in this case the write up is wrong. The result was 49' 1" so the score and leaderboards are accurate...sorry about the mix up...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #188
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, resting didn't work out AS well as I'd hoped, but moved up in the standings, and saved some energy.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #189
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 3 - Shot Put - Review

I think it is easy to see the winners and losers in this event. Babson and Gunderson clearly outpaced the rest of the field, whereas McGillicuddy and Ginsberg trailed the pack by a significant margin. This may be an over simplifaction of the winners and losers, especially when you consider that Babson was the only A performer in the event and was supposed to do well and McGillicuddy and Ginsberg were F level and weren't supposed to do well...

The only player in this event that outreached his grade was Bafou...who as a D beat a couple of C performers...

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #190
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

General Overview

I have played this game for years...and I typically will compete with 15 or so competitors, and I have never had 2 max outs in a single competition. I also don't remember ever going this long into the competition and not experiencing a single injury. In fact, if you look back on the previous competition I held, you'll see how impactful the injuries were...if I remember correctly there were 3 or 4 athletes that didn't even finish the competition because of injury (and that takes 2 injury rolls by the same person over the course of the 10 events...)

There have also been a surprising number of poor results in the early rolls. For instance, in the Shot Put, 3 competitors elected to pass their final throw, and of the remaining 9...6 had their best result on that attempt (of course 2 had there only succesful throw on that attempt).

This has been a pretty peculiar event so far...(and I like it...)

When we look at the scoring...Babson is out in front by a pretty good bit, and Ashkayev is training by a decent margin, but the spots 3 - 11 are actually quite tight. Only 150 points separate those spots. For perspective 3rd place is 280 points from first.

While Babson has the early lead, he was expected to have a lead at this point. In fact, if he didn't have a lead now, he'd be in real trouble for the remainder of the meet. Babson is about to enter 2 events where his lack of stamina is going to hurt...and the field will potentially have the ability to close the gap.

Next up is the High Jump...and I'll be posting how this event works shortly (I want to reread how we did it last time, because there was some confusion and I'd like to avoid it this time around)...

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #191
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Ground Rules - High Jump

Fatigue Ratings

Ok, as I mentioned much earlier in this dynasty, the orginal game built all of the fatigue factors on the first day from this single event. The way the orginal game worked was that every athlete was given 7 jumps without penalty...For every subsequent jump there was a time adjustment made for the 400 Meters...

Because...

1. I think it is foolish that only 1 event impacts fatigue and...
2. I allowed players to create there athletes with different skill sets (rather than assume every athlete has the same abilities), therefore I need to factor in the different levels of stamina

so I have adjusted the game rules for fatigue. The new rules still revolve heavily around the high jump...but as was stated earlier a pass on a previous event gives the user an extra jump here without penalty. The default 7 jumps without penalty is still the base number - however if your character has low stamina you won't get 7 without penalty, and if you have a high stamina number you can go over 7 and not impact future events...

Now the question I will post to you is, how would you like to proceed? (and yes I know I still need to tell you how the event will work and I'll get to that...if you think you need that information before making the decision let me know and I'll provide it...but I felt this was important to understand). I figure we have a few options...

1. I can post in the thread how many jumps you get before penalties occur
2. I can PM you the same (if you think opponents not knowing provides a strategic advantage)
3. I can give you hints through the write ups of how your character is feeling phsyically and you can do your best to interprit the message.
4. We can go blind, with you knowing your stamina score you entered and try to adjust your jump totals based on how you believe I would break it down.

Another question to you is...

Do you want to know the exact time penalties for going over on the next event (the 400 Meters)...there also can be some penalties accessed on the 2nd day if the number of attempts is excessive...(and I can provide those as well, but that might get a bit cumbersome)...

Let me know...

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #192
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
Ground Rules - High Jump

Fatigue Ratings

Ok, as I mentioned much earlier in this dynasty, the orginal game built all of the fatigue factors on the first day from this single event. The way the orginal game worked was that every athlete was given 7 jumps without penalty...For every subsequent jump there was a time adjustment made for the 400 Meters...

Because...

1. I think it is foolish that only 1 event impacts fatigue and...
2. I allowed players to create there athletes with different skill sets (rather than assume every athlete has the same abilities), therefore I need to factor in the different levels of stamina

so I have adjusted the game rules for fatigue. The new rules still revolve heavily around the high jump...but as was stated earlier a pass on a previous event gives the user an extra jump here without penalty. The default 7 jumps without penalty is still the base number - however if your character has low stamina you won't get 7 without penalty, and if you have a high stamina number you can go over 7 and not impact future events...

Now the question I will post to you is, how would you like to proceed? (and yes I know I still need to tell you how the event will work and I'll get to that...if you think you need that information before making the decision let me know and I'll provide it...but I felt this was important to understand). I figure we have a few options...

1. I can post in the thread how jumps you get before penalties occur
2. I can PM you the same (if you think opponents not knowing provides a strategic advantage)
3. I can give you hints through the write ups of how your character is feeling phsyically and you can do your best to interprit the message.
4. We can go blind, with you knowing your stamina score you entered and try to adjust your jump totals based on how you believe I would break it down.

Another question to you is...

Do you want to know the exact time penalties for going over on the next event (the 400 Meters)...there also can be some penalties accessed on the 2nd day if the number of attempts is excessive...(and I can provide those as well, but that might get a bit cumbersome)...

Let me know...

Oh...and if I confused the hell out of you - let me know that as well. It wouldn't be the first time trying to do a Decathlon dynasty.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #193
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

From my understanding, my opinion.

Either PM the number of jumps we get, or hint it. Exact time penalties are unnecessary.

FURTHERMORE...as far as fatigue goes, will it still be beneficial to marshal our resources for this event, or try to come as close to the "fatigue point" as possible? Aka - if we manage a couple good jumps early, is there still a point to resting?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #194
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 4 - High Jump - Game Mechanics

This event is handled differently from the previous ones. The easiest way to explain this (and boy I hope I didn't just stick my foot in my mouth)...is to consider the physical card first...

On everyones card there is height listed for each roll...Here is Jim Thorpe's from the original game...

Code:
10 - 7' 1" 11 - 7' 0" 12 - 7' 6" 13 - 7' 5" 14 - 7' 4" 15 - 7' 2" 16 - 7' 5" 17 - 7' 1" 18 - inj 19 - 7' 4" 20 - 7' 1" 21 - 7' 6" 22 - 7' 2" 23 - 7' 2" 24 - 7' 3" 25 - 7' 3" 26 - 7' 6" 27 - 7' 6" 28 - 7' 4" 29 - 7' 0" 30 - 7' 6" 31 - 7' 5" 32 - 7' 3" 33 - 7' 4" 34 - 7' 4" 35 - 7' 4" 36 - 7' 3" 37 - 7' 4" 38 - 7' 2" 39 - 7' 1"

So you can see that a roll of 10 = 7' 1"...however, that doesn't mean your character got a 7'1" result...

The way this event works, the jumping will start at a set height (in our case that will probably be 6'4" or 6' 5") and then each athlete will announce if they are going to jump or pass. If the person chooses to jump AND they roll a result equal to or better than the height attempted, they cleared the bar. If the result is lower then they missed. The event ends when 3 consecutive misses occur. However, please note, that you don't have to clear a height to move up...for instance, Thorpe might decide to take an initial jump of 7'1" just to get on the board (as you can see from the column he should easily clear this height), but due to poor luck he rolls an 11 and misses...rather than waste another attempt at the shorter height and risk hitting the fatigue number, he might elect to pass on his second attempt and then jump when the height hits 7'2"...(not a typical way to play, but perfectly acceptable).

I hope this explains the event clearly...if not please post your questions and I'll attempt to clarify...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #195
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
From my understanding, my opinion.

Either PM the number of jumps we get, or hint it. Exact time penalties are unnecessary.

FURTHERMORE...as far as fatigue goes, will it still be beneficial to marshal our resources for this event, or try to come as close to the "fatigue point" as possible? Aka - if we manage a couple good jumps early, is there still a point to resting?

Great question...The benefits for protecting against fatigue in this event are certainly reduced. By saving attempts you will enable yourself to have more attempts on the Pole Vault the next day without incurring a penalty in the 1500. Due to the day off between the 5th and 6th events...most fatigue will be erased anyway. Only in a case where significant fatigue was incurred in day 1 would a penalty carry over for the hurdles and discus (prior to the Pole Vault on day 2)...and typically that penalty would be half of the total for full fatigue (though that option exists - but as long as no one goes crazy and attempts some obscene number of high jump attempts a full 2nd day fatigue won't be accessed...)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #196
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

So I guess I need to know

1. how you'd like to proceed at this point with regards to understanding fatigue

2. What height you'd like to attempt first...
Old 03-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #197
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
1. I can post in the thread how jumps you get before penalties occur

I would say 1. or 3. myself, more because it's in keeping with how we've done the first three events, but I won't be particularly bothered if it doesn't end up being one of those.

Will we get an indication how well our characters are expected to perform here before deciding on what heights we want to attempt?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #198
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 4 - High Jump - Card Review

this might help with the request above...I wrote this up a couple of days ago waiting on declarations and I forgot I hadn't posted it yet...

Babson
High appears to be 7', low appears to be 6' 6" but it is on the 11 so hard to roll. Most of the high probability rolls are in the 6' 9" to 6' 10" range...with a couple of 7' results in the low and high 30s. Projection 6' 9"

Ginsberg
High is 7' 2", low is 6' 5" on the hard to roll 17. The high probability rolls are a hodge-podge of results from 6' 8" to 7' 2". Projection 6' 11"

Nielsen
High is 7' 6", 2 of them on the 20 and 27...low end is 6' 9" on the 17. next lowest roll is 6' 11" and there are 3 of them. The rest of the results are all 7' or better... Projection 7'2"

McCloud
The low is only 6' 4" but it is on 13...there are several 6' 5" and 6' 6" sprinkled around. High is 6' 11", but only 1 and it is on 27...a couple of 6' 10"s as well. Projection 6' 9"

Llwy
low is 6' 6" and there are a couple. High is 7'2" on a 13. There are 7 results of 7' or better with 2 in nice spots 35, adn 36...Projection 6' 11"

Rambis
1 result of 7' (22), also a few 6' 11" on the 15, 24, 25, 36, and 38...so not bad spots. Low is 6' 6", and it is in several spots...Projection 6' 10"

Justice
low is 6' 5" on 39 and a few 6' 6"s are around. The high is 7' 2" and there are a couple (22, 37). There are a few other 7' results, most fall in the 6' 9" to 6' 11" range. Projection 6' 10"

Bafou
No 7' results...high is 6' 11"...and I only see 2 on 14 and 27. A few 6' 10s as well. Low is 6' 5" and I count 5...projection 6' 8"

McGillicudy
Low is 6' 5" but I only see 1 on 39...there are a couple of 6' 6". High is 7' 2"...there are 5 total 7' or greater results...projection 6' 10"

Ashkayev
Low is 6' 6" and there are a few of those, and quite a few 6' 7" results (though most are in the teens). The high is 7' but not in high probability locations. Projection 6' 9"

Gunderson
6' 6" is the low, on 11, 19, and 39...so most are very low probability rolls...High is 7' and there are 5...again not in high probability spots. Projection 6' 9"

Gonzalez
High is 7' and there are 4 of them...including a nice one on 34...low is 6' 5" in low probability spots. Projection 6' 10"
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #199
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Clearly we should start at 7'.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #200
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 4 - High Jump - Event Ground Rules

One more Very Important Note that I failed to mention earlier (and I think I screwed this up last time as well in my explanations...)

Once a height is passed...the bar is never lowered again. Therefore you can't start jumping at 6' 10" miss, and then elect to jump 6'7" just to get a score...once a height is passed there is no going back....

This is where the strategy and decision making gets a bit tough and why it is important to have enough attempts to get a good score...

Last edited by Breeze : 03-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.