Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2017, 02:55 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Izulde Jestor - All Divisions FBCB

Thanks to help from Young Drachma, I was able to install his All-Divisions mod. I'm taking over my undergrad alma mater of UW-La Crosse, in hopes that I can bring the Eagles to glory.

Because we have so.damn.many.teams we're instituting not only a 68 team NCAA tournament and a 40 team NIT, we're turning on the CBI and CIT, because just making it to any kind of postseason tournament is going to be a miracle. In fact, there's so many conferences, we can't even assign automatic NCAA tournament bids to all champions.

To make things more fair, in order to get an automatic tournament bid, your conference has to be 2 prestige or higher. That means the Big Sky and Big South lose their automatic bids. We'll also be turning on conference prestige updates and if your conference rises to 2 prestige - automatic bid granted. Drop to 1 prestige, lose your auto bid.

Starting in Year 2, we'll also be eliminating all conference tournaments. You want in the Big Dance, win your conference. That will open up NIT slots for deserving teams.

Conference Movement is turned off. Instead, I'll do a review every 5 years and see if there's any logical movements worth making.

UW-La Crosse Eagles
Our roster, like most of the WIAC, stinks. There's a few schools who got lucky in the generation rolls, most notably UW-Oshkosh, who have an Orange/Green sophomore. Lucky bastards. UW-Stevens Point have a Red/Green RS Freshman; UW-Platteville a Red/Green RS Sophomore.

We have four scholarships, which will go a long way to building our roster. But with so many schools, it's going to be tough landing people. BTW, all formerly D-2 and D-3 schools start off with 10 prestige, near as I can tell, so it's a nice, even playing ground.

I'm letting the AD handle scheduling.

BTW, there's 1,047 schools total, so even with maxed out tournaments, it's going to be tough to get a postseason gig.

Man oh man, did UW-Platteville ever get a steal in the first official commit month - a 6'3 SG named Gilbert Bilyeu who will be the class of the conference once he develops. Guess we should have gone harder to try and land him.

One of the guys we chased committed to Northern State University, and unfortunately we couldn't get anyone to sign on the line. Not a good start to the recruiting season.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm going to skip the roster overview because of how bad this team is. How bad? We lose our first game 41-48, to Gallaudet University, which is a school for the deaf and hard of hearing. Considering I'm hearing impaired myself, this is fucking hilarious. We lose by 2 points next game to some scrub Baptist college, and I'm already getting depressed.

Fuck it takes a long time to sim with over 1,000 schools. We have a number of nagging injuries crop up and finish the month 2-3, our biggest win an upset over Cornell. No recruit decisions, so we'll press on.

Oh, by the way, I've also replaced the generic logos of the WIAC schools with proper ones, which I'll do if I end up traveling from conference to conference. Anyway, December sees us starting conference play towards the end of the month, whereupon we're 6-8 (2-2). Since .500 in WIAC is our AD's primary goal, I'm perfectly fine with that (especially given how terrible our roster is).

We lose another recruit, to Arkansas-Little Rock. Boo. No one willing to commit yet, and in the delay, it's looking like we're going to lose someone else.

January starts off well with winning two games, but we drop the next 5 to fall to 4-7 in conference play by month's end.... which puts us in a 3 way tie for last.

We also lose that recruit who we led on, but got snuck past by someone else.

However, we also land our first commitment!

PG Archie Collins - Ridgewood HS - West Lafayette, OH - 5'7, 160 - 3*
#1267 overall recruit, and Ohio All-State. His small size led him to not be recruited outside of us, but if the scouting is accurate, he'll come in as our best 3 point shot, passer, and ballthief, and a starter as a true freshman. Raw, but the kid has game, and I'm thrilled about the pickup.

Win one, lose the rest. It's life for an Izulde team. We finish 9-20 (5-11) on the year.

But there's happy news!

C Dave Scott - Garden Spot HS - New Holland, PA - 6'10, 205 - 3*
Pennsylvania All-State who my scouts rate as YELLOW/BLUE! Even if that scouting is wholly off base, holy cow! #1401 ranking says probably, but he looks to be an absolute beast inside with superb passing for a big, and potential elite post defense and good shotblocking. Can't rebound worth a damn, but who cares? This is a tremendous get no matter how you slice it.

I'm wondering why all these conferences without auto bids are wasting their time with conference tournaments. It's irritating, and I can't wait to dump them all off next year.

Two non-actual D-I schools earn #1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament. HTF?! ...Oh. Somehow there's some non-DI schools with ridiculous prestige ratings, like 88 for Bentley. Er okay.

More news!

C Andrew Diep - Tri Senior HS - Nottoway, VA - 6'9, 210 - 3*
So the AI makes some curious recruiting decisions here. Originally, Diep had quite a few offers, but then people pulled out, and he was just sitting there with no offers, so I jumped in - Red/Blue by my staff, with good inside shot, offensive rebounding, and handles for a big at first blush. Ranked #1403. Between him and Scott, our post situation is looking really good for the next four years.

Still one guy out there we're trying to land, but even if this ends up three of four filled, we'll have a banner season.

Florida wins the NCAA tournament, toppling North Carolina. As for the rest of the tournaments, Minnesota State beats UNLV in the NIT Final, Illinois tops BYU-Hawaii in a three game CBI series, and Pfeiffer edges Delta State 71-69 in the CIT championship.

A couple of our seniors make the All-Conference 2nd Team. Watch me not care.

Code:
2011 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 13 3 .813 24 8 .750 317 10 UW-Stout Blue Devils 11 5 .688 17 13 .567 391 10 UW-Platteville Pioneers 10 6 .625 15 17 .469 482 10 UW-River Falls Falcons 8 8 .500 16 15 .516 530 10 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 7 9 .438 13 17 .433 666 10 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 7 9 .438 12 18 .400 729 10 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 6 10 .375 11 18 .379 761 10 UW-Oshkosh Titans 5 11 .313 13 16 .448 812 10 UW-La Crosse Eagles 5 11 .313 9 20 .310 818 10

Yep. Dead last. Familiar place for my teams.

We did end up grabbing the fourth 3* guy - a Virginia All-State SF. Recruiting class rankings are very interesting, but that'll be next update, as I'm fighting migraine and hella nausea.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Code:
2011 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 261. UW-Stevens Point WIAC PG Sonny Timms *** 0 0 1 2 0 437. UW-La Crosse WIAC PG Archie Collins *** 0 0 4 0 0 493. UW-Platteville WIAC SG Gilbert Bilyeu *** 0 0 1 0 1 543. UW-Whitewater WIAC SG Daniel Boman *** 0 0 1 0 0 558. UW-Stout WIAC SF Jamaal Sprayberry *** 0 0 1 2 1 682. UW-River Falls WIAC SG Malcolm Nunez ** 0 0 0 3 0 703. UW-Superior WIAC C Agustin Anderson ** 0 0 0 2 2 719. UW-Eau Claire WIAC C John Nickels ** 0 0 0 2 0 1047. UW-Oshkosh WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

The Pointers' comparatively high ranking is due to the fact they grabbed the #393 ranked player in the country, but I scouted the dude, and wasn't impressed by him then. I'm even less impressed now, so there's really no question, after reviewing all the incoming freshmen, that we had the single best class in the WIAC. But more on that with the post-TC roster over.

Recruiting By State
IN: 1
OH: 1
VA: 1
PA: 1

Recruiting By Rankings
1200-1300: 1
1400-1500: 3

Recruiting By Awards
All-State: 3

This last season, #1401, #1403, #1420, and the highest ranked - #1267. In a normal league, that'd be 1* trash, but because there's so many schools, we have to change our perceptions of rankings. As an example, the school with the worst recruiting class that landed a player is SUNY-Maritime, who landed 1* Melvin Beer, who despite his great name, was ranked #2923 in the class.

927 schools managed to land at least one player, and those who didn't... well, for example, there's St. Joseph's (LI), which now has just 9 players on the roster. I legitimately think there's no walk-ons in this universe, which means there's going to be a lot of activity in the transfer market.

Speaking of which, two guys got pissed with their lack of PT last season, and are transferring. We have three seniors, so that's fine with me to walk in with 4 or 5 scholarships.

Oh, BTW, our prestige dropped a single point, to 9. Biggest jump? UW-Superior, to 15, as a result of their CIT invite and loss in the first round. The Yellow Jackets were the only WIAC school to go to the postseason.

Takes me a while, but I set all Conference Tournament Teams to 0. I should probably remove the conference tournament dates as well, but that'd be forever and I just don't want to bother with it for now.

No changes to auto bids, so we'll carry on.

Coaching Changes
Dick Burg turns that CIT appearance into the job at Michigan Tech, which went 22-9 (14-6) last year, had a 149 RPI and 42 prestige, and still didn't make a postseason tournament. Compare this to UW-Superior with a 24-8 (13-3) record and 317 RPI, who did get an invite.

A quick check around the bottom of the alphabetical non-DI conferences shows that winning the championship doesn't guarantee a postseason berth, but somehow the Yellow Jackets got in over a far more deserving Huskies.

Anyway, UW-Superior hires 51 year old Terrell Diaz, Minnesota's coaching assistant. The Golden Gophers lost in the first round of the NCAA tournament last season.

We swing for the fences on a couple guys in the transfer session, but after the first one, it's all scrubs, so we pass on that.

There was a Blue/Blue fourth year senior who transferred from UNLV of all places - Joe Johnson, who hies it to Kentucky. UW-Oshkosh snagged a Red/Orange guy from Troy. Oh, and there *are* walk-ons. The Titans got the #6051 ranked recruit as a walk-on. Some scrub from Colorado. They also got a Red/Red from Colorado College to transfer.

Two freshmen walk on, and neither one is that awful. One is even a Red/Orange from Cadott, WI, which is where my mom grew up. Pretty nifty.

However, I do cut two other non-scholarship seniors to give us the full boat of 5 scholarships to fill.

We whiffed on two guys, one of whom I really, really wanted, but he went to Upper Iowa.

The player we did land?

SG Scott Davis - Black River Falls HS - Black River Falls, WI - 6'4, 184 - 3*
#1101 is the highest ranked recruit we've ever landed. Academically he's going to be an issue (2.35 GPA, 980 SAT score), but he looks like a solid all-around prospect, if a touch raw, and could give us a comparatively potent set of floor generals in the backcourt. My staff sees him as a Red/Blue currently, and he was interested in us from the beginning, having us as his #3 choice. I'm kind of excited about him, because that means we can go full-bore with all my guys in the lineup as soon as next year.

All right, so I'm going to review just my recruits post training camp.

Perimeter Players

Archie Collins - Ridgewood HS - West Lafayette, OH - 5'7, 162 - 3*
Made some good gains in 3 point shooting and steals, and ranks as our best player in both categories. Incredible hops for a guy that short, but needs to improve his quickness and floor general skills. Still, he's one of the better 3 point shooters and ball thieves in the conference, and I look forward to him developing his game. Ohio All-State player. Red/Green. Starting PG

Albert Gannon - Nottoway HS - Nottoway VA - 6'7, 217 - 3*
Virginia All-State player who has one skill - shooting. Superb jumper and an okay 3 point shot. Needs to do a lot of work defensively and will always cough up the ball. Clearly the most likely candidate to lose his starting spot as we get more well-rounded talent in, and his Red/Yellow reflects that. Starting SF

Post Players

Dave Scott - Garden Spot HS - New Holland, PA - 6'10, 213 - 3*
Put on 8 pounds of muscle and really improved his strength in TC, but he has a ways to go. The single best inside scorer and shotblocker in the WIAC. Drawbacks - can't rebound, can't shoot anywhere else, will turn the ball over a ton, and is only an average defender at the moment. Good news is, he's equally good at the perimeter and paint. Still, this Pennsylvania All-State kid is Yellow-Green! Only UW-Oshkosh's initial stud can lay claim to that current color. I'm expecting big things out of him. Will start at PF.

Andrew Diep - Tri Senior HS - Straughn, IN - 6'9, 219 - 3*
The only recruit not to make an All-State game, he's close to Scott in inside scoring knack, and is an absolute beast on the offensive glass. Similar lack of range applies, and he can't drift out to the perimeter, but does have good handles for a big. Gets the nod at C due to awful perimeter defense. Orange/Green, which is impressive.

There's a few other Orange/Green guys floating around in the WIAC and one Yellow/Green, but nobody has what we have in terms of current ability. Closest is UW-Platteville with two Orange/Green and a lot of Yellow potential guys. UW-River Falls has two Orange/Green freshmen worth watching, and though they're both natural shooting guards, I expect Jarred Bronson to take PG duties.

Right now I'd say the three best teams are us, UW-Platteville, and UW-River Falls, but we'll see what happens.

Three games on tap in November. First up, 66-60 win over Coe, powered by Dave Scott's 18 point, 10 rebound, 1 block outing, Andrew Diep's 10 points and 11 rebounds, and Archie Collins' 13 points and 2 steals.

Albert Gannon's 15 points, block, and steal can't save us from a 52-69 loss to Utah State. Worse yet, Archie Collins develops Plantar Fasciitis and is out 48 days. FML. That means we have to slow down our pace and play an inside game until he gets back.

As a result, our shooting deserts us and we drop a hard 46-47 decision in St. Olaf, despite 11 points, 11 rebounds, a block, and 4 steals by Andrew Diep and 13 points, 2 blocks from Dave Scott.

A bit of good news to break the gloom, as we grab our second recruit.

C Raphael Jernigan - Wirt County HS - Elizabeth, WV - 6'9, 236 - 3*
Thick bodied West Virginia All-State big who should be a decent inside shot with stellar handles and some shotblocking ability. Can't rebound right now, but he's strong, and allows us to start building up some depth in the paint. Some intriguing upside as a defensive disruptor overall. #1504 ranked.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Woot! These all-divisions sims are always a riot!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 AM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

We hammer St. Mary's (MN) 67-54, with Dave Scott picking up 14 points, a block, and a steal, and Albert Gannon leading all scorers with 16 points. That's the second PotG award in as many wins for Scott.

A trip to Northern Iowa translates to a 46-80 massacre, Andrew Diep our lone genuinely good player on the night with 10 points, 8 rebounds, and a block. They were 5-0 coming in, so it's not like this is any sort of a surprise.

The nerds of MIT are gracious hosts, allowing us a 51-36 win as Albert Gannon is 3/5 behind the arc for 18 points, 6 rebounds, and a block. 10 points from Dave Scott and 10 rebounds and a block by Andrew Diep. Really liking how those three are gelling. Following that win, we're in the non-red for RPI for the first time ever at 476.

9 point home loss to Minnesota-Crookston prevents getting over the .500 hump, and once again, Andrew Diep is the only one who stands out - 15 points, 13 rebounds, as everyone else has a garbage shooting night. But much like the UNI loss, our opponents were unbeaten (6-0) before the game.

We run a short rotation in a 64-53 road win over Augustana, with Andrew Diep just missing a double-double of 12 points, 9 rebounds, and a block. Also netting 12 points and a block - Dave Scott, who earns PotG because of free throw line camping. For all his hype as a shooter, Albert Gannon chucks his way to 15 points and a steal, and he'll be closely watched next year.

Another shot at going over .500, and this time we actually get it! 55-42 away victory playing Colby. He's inefficient, but mad props to Albert Gannon for 18 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal, leading the entire game in all three of those first categories.

And of course we get thrashed by UW-Whitewater 41-63 on our own damn court to open WIAC play, as we all shot like ass. If I told you we fell below .500 and moved to 0-2 in the conference by dropping our next game at home too, would you be surprised? Of course not. But that's not entirely what happens - we lose 59-62 to Washburn due to one of our scrubs getting hurt. [b]Andrew Diep/b] did everything he could with 17 points and 15 rebounds, and Albert Gannon had a rare great shooting night for 20 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a block, but in the end it wasn't enough. Turns out it was Samuel Schaeffer, a RS junior, dislocating his knee and putting him out of action for 25 days. We've been hit hard by the injury bug, which pisses me off.

Still, at least we land another recruit.

PG Justin Boldt - Clarke HS - Osceola, IA - 6'0, 178 - 3*
A common trend among all our commitments is that they're academically borderline this year. Boldt was drawing a lot of interest, and I thought we'd lose him, but we win in the end. Really good from the FT line, with tantalizing upside overall as a shooter. Looks to be a great post defender for a guard, though his perimeter defense needs work. I'm not seeing a floor general here, but that's okay because we have Scott Davis coming in. I'm predicting Boldt, whom my assistants see as Red/Blue, as a combo guard - possibly a starting SG next year in a small backcourt. We'll see, though. #1391 player who smells like a steal if/when he develops.

Code:
2012 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Stout Blue Devils 2 0 1.000 7 4 .636 444 14 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 2 0 1.000 4 8 .333 781 10 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 1 .500 6 3 .667 730 15 UW-Platteville Pioneers 1 1 .500 4 5 .444 779 13 UW-Oshkosh Titans 1 1 .500 3 8 .273 547 9 UW-River Falls Falcons 1 1 .500 2 8 .200 940 13 UW-La Crosse Eagles 0 1 .000 5 6 .455 640 9 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 0 1 .000 4 7 .364 412 11 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 0 2 .000 4 6 .400 991 12

Stunned to see Stout and UWW in the early lead - Neither team impresses me. But we'll see how the rest of it goes.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:34 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Woot! These all-divisions sims are always a riot!

Yeah, great work on it, though it was jarring at first seeing so many non D-1 schools with high prestige. Do you want me to zip up logos as I gradually fill them in for those missing?

Old 05-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yeah, great work on it, though it was jarring at first seeing so many non D-1 schools with high prestige. Do you want me to zip up logos as I gradually fill them in for those missing?

Sure, that'd be awesome on the logos.

The high prestige for the non D-1 schools is probably a vestige of the fact that I literally combined all three D1/D2/D3 files into that db. I tried to mitigate the problems by having the prestige changes for the different levels (D3 programs are all 1 prestige for example) but yeah...if I ever went back to edit it, I'd fix that.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Now this sounds cool. I need to check this mod out. Too bad there's not a way to add more tournaments so that each division can have their own set of postseason tournaments. 4 postseason tournaments for 3 divisions just isn't enough! Will definitely be following.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Now this sounds cool. I need to check this mod out. Too bad there's not a way to add more tournaments so that each division can have their own set of postseason tournaments. 4 postseason tournaments for 3 divisions just isn't enough! Will definitely be following.

Hai. You can download the All Divisions mod here.

All my other FBCB mods (not all by me) are here: FBCB/FBPB3 Mods
Old 05-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure, that'd be awesome on the logos.

The high prestige for the non D-1 schools is probably a vestige of the fact that I literally combined all three D1/D2/D3 files into that db. I tried to mitigate the problems by having the prestige changes for the different levels (D3 programs are all 1 prestige for example) but yeah...if I ever went back to edit it, I'd fix that.

I'll be honest - I'm probably going to go through it and set all the D2 and D3 schools to 10 prestige, fix a couple typos here and there, and update the logos, then restart. That's a long-term project, though, so I'll stick with this dynasty for a while. Obviously I'll zip everything up and send it to you when it's done, so people have access to everything.

Quote:

It's all three divisions put into one huge, 1,045 school division, so you wouldn't be able to set postseason tournaments by division anyway, even if the game allowed you to add more postseason tournaments (which would be a cool idea - to be able to add more tournaments).

I have to say I'm really impressed with how well the engine is able to scale recruiting with that many schools. Brilliant work by Brian there, to make it supple enough to handle that kind of monstrosity.

So we're down a starter and a backup turned starter for our first game in January, and so of course lose 49-58 away to UW-Superior, getting that 0-2 WIAC start I expected. 13 points, a block, and a steal by Dave Scott the only noteworthy showing.

Archie Collins *just* manages to get to day-to-day status in time for our next game, and we win a 76-74 thriller vs UW-Stout to get our first conference win of the year - snapping a 3 game losing streak in the process. This went to OT, and Albert Gannon had one of his best shooting nights for 26 points, 6 assists, and a steal, going up against fellow touted freshman Jamaal Sprayberry. Also standing out for us was Andrew Diep with 20 points.

Sadly, we lose 58-66 vs UW-River Falls the next game. I don't understand it. This happens to me every damn FBCB sim ever - we start off well in non-conference play, and then shit the bed once league play begins. It makes no sense. Back to inefficient Albert Gannon's 20 points and 6 rebounds. Andrew Diep just misses the double-double with 9 and 9 and a block. Nice to see Archie Collins tee off for 17 points and a steal.

Another game, another near-miss on the double-double by Andrew Diep with 9 points, 9 boards, 4 assists. Difference being this time we win, 56-48 in Steven's Point. He was PotG, but I kinda feel like Dave Scott's 15 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks, and a steal should have gotten it, 5 of 15 night aside. Archie Collins contributes 12 points and a steal.

A chance to go .500 in both overall record and WIAC standings, and guess what happens? Yep. 70-75 road loss in Platteville. Three of our starters fouled out and the Pioneers had a ridiculous 37-22 FTA advantage that sealed the difference. 11 points, 2 blocks for Andrew Diep; 14 points, 6 rebounds for Albert Gannon; and a jaw-dropping 18 points and 3 steals by Archie Collins. One of those nights that highlights the critical importance of getting all that amazing 3* talent in here as quickly as possible.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Bullshit 77-78 home loss to UW-Eau Claire. I get so pissed at how STUPID this damn engine is in how it treats non-conference games and conference play so differently for human teams. There's no excuse for us to be fucking 2-5 in conference right now. Absolutely none! 14 points, 7 rebounds and a steal by Andrew Diep, 16 points and a block by Dave Scott. Once again Archie Collins steps up with a great 14 points before fouling out. Oh look, a 34-22 FTA for them. 13 points, 7 rebounds, and a steal for Albert Gannon, who got torched on the defensive end. We're not playing press or trap at all, so I have no fucking idea why we keep getting fucked over on the FTA margins. Stuff like this is why I really, *really* hate FBCB's lack of visible foul drawing and discipline ratings, and any sort of defensive statistical metrics.

52-65 loss to UW-Oshkosh. Everyone stunk. Scrub Jack Card has the game of his life with 22 points and a steal in a 70-47 beatdown of Whitewater, but it's Andrew Diep's 12 points, 12 boards, and a steal that win PotG. Dave Scott chips in 10 points and 2 blocks, and Albert Gannon mixes in everywhere with 8 points, 7 rebounds, a block, and a steal.

So we're 8-11 (3-6) at this point, which puts us on track to hopefully do better than last season, even though I think we should be challenging for the conference title. Then again, if we hadn't been fucked over in at least two games, we'd be, at minimum, 10-9 (5-4). That's how close the margins have been.

On the flip side... another recruit!

C Ronald Hutchinson - Kewaunee HS - Kewaunee, WI - 6'11, 213 - 3*
Looks to be a really great foul drawer (8 FTA/game). My staff says he's a great 3 point shooter for a big, yet he's 0.1/0.7, shooting 7.1%, so that's probably wholly inaccurate. If other parts are accurate, he'll be a decent overall rebounder out the gate and our best post defender. And yes, I realize we've been loading up on post guys - this will give us 4 in 2 years - but it's the hardest position to recruit. Oh, also should be a decent inside scorer, too. Ranked #1103, which is just below Scott Davis. IMO, he fell through the cracks due to being super slow and in need of developing his stamina. I'd love to see him be willing to take a redshirt year. Scouts see him as Orange/Green, so probably not - could be an elite at both ends rebounder, though, so I really want him to take a year to just develop.

Code:
2012 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Platteville Pioneers 7 2 .778 11 6 .647 566 13 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 7 2 .778 12 5 .706 612 15 UW-River Falls Falcons 7 3 .700 8 11 .421 859 13 UW-Stout Blue Devils 5 4 .556 11 8 .579 590 14 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 5 4 .556 7 12 .368 666 10 UW-Oshkosh Titans 4 6 .400 6 14 .300 843 9 UW-La Crosse Eagles 3 6 .333 8 11 .421 779 9 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 2 7 .222 7 13 .350 694 11 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 2 8 .200 6 12 .333 895 12

Yay, we're not last at least.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archie Collins PG 9 9 34.4 11.1 0.8 3.0 2.3 1.2 0.1 2.6 2.4 1.0 Albert Gannon SF 19 19 33.3 12.7 1.1 5.2 2.2 0.4 0.4 2.4 2.8 -0.3 Jack Card PG 19 19 32.2 7.6 0.8 3.4 1.7 0.8 0.1 1.9 1.8 1.1 Andrew Diep C 19 19 32.2 10.8 3.7 8.7 1.5 0.3 0.5 2.1 3.3 0.3 Dave Scott PF 19 19 30.2 9.1 1.2 4.7 1.1 0.3 1.3 1.6 3.1 3.5 Samuel Schaffer SG 14 9 21.8 5.1 1.1 2.9 0.8 1.1 0.1 2.0 1.7 -1.6 Gregory Ulmer PF 19 0 13.1 2.2 0.7 2.7 0.6 0.1 0.2 0.5 2.0 -4.0 Earl Krug SG 19 0 11.1 2.5 0.3 0.9 0.5 0.2 0.1 0.8 0.8 -1.6 Michael Barner SF 19 1 9.5 2.7 0.2 1.3 0.7 0.4 0.1 0.5 1.2 -2.0 Abraham Pennington C 18 0 4.8 0.3 0.2 0.5 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.9 -2.7 Ronnie Moline PG 10 0 3.5 1.4 0.0 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.2 0.1 -1.3 Harley Yancey PF 7 0 1.0 0.6 0.1 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.0 -0.1

Here is where you can see how badly our bench of scrubs has hurt us, and how Dave Scott has been precisely the critically important player I'd hoped for, with a team high +3.5.

Last edited by Izulde : 05-01-2017 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:01 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

We just can't put together a decent game in losing 55-70 to UW-Superior, despite Albert Gannon going off for 20 points on fabulous shooting, including a flawless 4/4 from 3 point range. 10 points, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks for Dave Scott, and though an awful shooting night, Andrew Diep makes his presence felt with 9 points, 13 rebounds, and 3 blocks of his own. Archie Collins gets hurt again - fortunately this time it's just a DTD injury.

3 starters foul out, including both our bigs = 60-69 loss to UW-Stout. Before he's tossed, Andrew Diep has 9 points and 14 rebounds, and a decent night by Archie Collins rings up 13 points, a block, and 3 steals - the only one of our freshmen not to be disqualified.

Losing streak snaps with a 74-72 road upset of UW-River Falls. 8 points, 12 rebounds, and a block by Andrew Diep, an inefficient as hell 10 points, 8 rebounds, and a steal by Albert Gannon. But PotG rightfully goes to Dave Scott's 9 points and 8 rebounds with good shooting work. The win has us matching our 9 victory total from last season - a testament to in the infusion of talent.

You're not going to win many games when you shoot 27.5% as a team, and we drop one 48-56 to UW-Stevens Point. Andrew Diep puts up 13 points before fouling out, and yeah.

Official new season high for wins and hitting last year's WIAC wins mark by knocking off UW-Platteville 71-70. Dave Scott has one of his best games with 19 points, 8 rebounds, and a block; Andrew Diep adds 16 points and 7 boards, and Albert Gannon overcomes yet another poor shooting night with 10 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals. Also bad shooting is Archie Collins for his 13 points and a steal. Both those guys are in danger of losing their starting spots next season.

Two more chances to improve on the first year's conference play and hopefully clinch getting out of last place. We go 2 hours north to my mom's alma mater, UW-Eau Claire, and pay them back for last month's embarrassment, 67-53. Andrew Diep gets 12 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal; Dave Scott 14 points, a steal, and 2 blocks, and Archie Collins 11 points. Yet, it's Good Albert Gannon who shows up and takes over with 17 points, a block, and 3 steals. That assures us of getting out of the WIAC basement. Yay!

Heartbreaking 45-48 loss in Oshkosh to end the conference season. We lost it at the free throw line, which has been an issue for us all year long. 11 points by [b]Andrew Diep/b] is the only noteworthy stat.

We still have 3 more non-conference games to play, though, to try and pad our wins improvement. Not having conference tournaments allows for non-conf games to sprawl over into March. But there's one more in February, and it's a 64-47 takedown of Wheelock. Dave Scott goes off for 23 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks, and a steal in an amazing game. Albert Gannon puts up 12 points, 6 rebounds, a block, and a steal, and Archie Collins contributes 12 points and 3 steals.

We lock up our final commitment of the season at the end of February.

SG Daniel Rohde - Westfield HS - Westfield, MA - 6'3, 184 - 3*
Massachusetts All-State honoree who got no attention all season long from anyone but us. Can't defend anyone, but is capable of generating some steals. Very raw from a shooting perspective, but could be amazing there. Really needs a redshirt year, and the #1479 recruit is definitely last and least of our gets this season.

Galling 69-71 loss to Cornell in NY because we don't make free throws. It's a problem I'm looking to address with our recruiting class this season. 9 points, 12 boards, 5 assists, and a steal for Andrew Diep, 11 points and 10 rebounds by Dave Scott, 20 points, a steal, and a block on a wasted great night from Albert Gannon, and 12 points and a steal come from Archie Collins.

Our season concludes with a pleasing 68-55 road win over Marantha Baptist. Albert Gannon goes ham for 22 points, a block, and 2 steals, and Archie Collins shot terribly, but found his way to 11 points and 2 steals. Jack Card popped up with 16 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.

No postseason games for WIAC schools.

Code:
2012 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Stout Blue Devils 12 4 .750 19 10 .655 382 14 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 12 4 .750 20 9 .690 410 15 UW-River Falls Falcons 10 6 .625 13 16 .448 757 13 UW-Platteville Pioneers 9 7 .563 14 15 .483 592 13 UW-Oshkosh Titans 9 7 .563 12 17 .414 681 9 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 8 8 .500 12 17 .414 548 10 UW-La Crosse Eagles 6 10 .375 13 16 .448 716 9 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 3 13 .188 10 19 .345 723 11 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 3 13 .188 10 19 .345 919 12

I kinda feel bad for UW-Superior and UW-Stout. They put together resumes to deserve consideration, but it just wasn't meant to be. Although we didn't have quite the season I was hoping for, we made huge strides this year, and I'm excited to see how things look down the road. Stout, Superior, Platteville, and River Falls were all expected to compete for the conference title, and they finished the Top 4 as expected. Everyone else was supposed to be .500 in the WIAC.

Wow! I just noticed #19 Duke got snubbed from the NCAA tournament and had to settle for a #1 NIT seed. Breaks the realism that a Top 25 team gets hosed out of an NCAA bid, but whatever.

3 seed Illinois beats 4 seed Purdue in an 87-85 thriller - Three Big 10 teams made up the Final Four, with Ohio State also in. The lone party crasher? Dayton.

Duke is mad about the snub and rolls past everyone to win the NIT, 91-77 over 3 seed Notre Dame.

New Mexico sweeps past Claflin in the CBI 2-0, and BYU-Hawaii wins the CIT, edging past Wheeling Jesuit 68-67 after losing the 3 game CBI final last year. The Seasiders are definitely a team cresting.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archie Collins PG 19 19 34.1 10.4 0.8 2.7 2.2 1.2 0.2 2.6 2.7 1.6 Albert Gannon SF 29 29 34.0 13.2 1.0 5.2 2.1 0.8 0.4 2.5 2.6 0.6 Jack Card SG 29 29 32.3 7.3 0.7 3.2 1.8 0.8 0.1 1.9 2.0 1.2 Andrew Diep C 29 29 31.3 10.4 3.7 8.8 1.6 0.3 0.6 2.0 3.4 1.4 Dave Scott PF 29 29 31.0 9.6 1.3 5.4 1.3 0.3 1.3 1.6 3.1 1.8 Samuel Schaffer SG 23 9 14.4 3.4 0.7 1.8 0.6 0.7 0.1 1.3 1.2 -0.9 Gregory Ulmer PF 29 0 12.9 2.6 0.7 2.7 0.6 0.0 0.1 0.5 2.0 -2.8 Earl Krug SG 29 0 10.8 2.6 0.2 0.7 0.4 0.1 0.0 0.9 1.1 -2.0 Michael Barner SF 29 1 8.0 2.2 0.2 1.4 0.6 0.4 0.1 0.4 1.0 -1.4 Abraham Pennington C 27 0 4.7 0.5 0.2 0.6 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.3 1.0 -1.5 Ronnie Moline PG 12 0 3.1 1.2 0.0 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.2 0.1 -1.3 Harley Yancey PF 9 0 1.7 0.6 0.1 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.2 -0.6 Thomas Garcia PG 0 0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archie Collins PG 66 154 .429 41 69 .594 24 75 .320 1.28 Albert Gannon SF 124 316 .392 86 129 .667 50 155 .323 1.22 Jack Card SG 83 186 .446 42 77 .545 3 20 .150 1.13 Andrew Diep C 121 239 .506 61 123 .496 0 2 .000 1.27 Dave Scott PF 104 206 .505 71 138 .514 0 0 .000 1.35 Samuel Schaffer SG 27 70 .386 21 24 .875 3 21 .143 1.11 Gregory Ulmer PF 28 63 .444 20 37 .541 0 2 .000 1.21 Earl Krug SG 27 61 .443 18 27 .667 3 17 .176 1.23 Michael Barner SF 18 38 .474 20 34 .588 7 19 .368 1.66 Abraham Pennington C 3 16 .188 7 10 .700 0 4 .000 0.81 Ronnie Moline PG 2 6 .333 9 13 .692 1 5 .200 2.33 Harley Yancey PF 2 3 .667 1 2 .500 0 0 .000 1.67 Thomas Garcia PG 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 0.00

Now if we can just improve at the free throw line... overall I'm pretty happy with the individual performances, and we've got a strong base going forward.

Awards
Code:
2012 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: FR C Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 10.4 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.6 APG 0.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR C Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 10.4 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.6 APG 0.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG Coach of the Year: Thomas Coon UW-Stout 19 - 10 (12 - 4) All-league 1st Team: C FR Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 10.4 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG PF FR Dave Scott UW-La Crosse 9.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.3 BPG SF FR Albert Gannon UW-La Crosse 13.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.1 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.4 BPG SG SR Carmelo Harkey UW-Stout 13.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR Marco Brown UW-Superior 10.7 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 2.7 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C SO Galen Haynie UW-Oshkosh 9.0 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 0.9 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.3 BPG PF SR Elliot Bolduc UW-River Falls 7.4 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 0.9 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.2 BPG SF FR Jonathan Johnson UW-Superior 7.4 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG FR Daniel Boman UW-Whitewater 15.4 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR Hank Jennings UW-Whitewater 11.7 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.0 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 10.4 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.6 BPG PF FR Dave Scott UW-La Crosse 9.6 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.3 SPG, 1.3 BPG SF FR Albert Gannon UW-La Crosse 13.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 2.1 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.4 BPG SG FR Daniel Boman UW-Whitewater 15.4 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG FR Sonny Timms UW-Stevens Point 7.6 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.2 BPG

We did amazing work in the awards department, but I think Carmelo Harkey got screwed out of the WIAC Player of the Year. On the one hand, it's great to see us grab so many awards. On the other hand, it's depressing that we did so well there, but stunk in conference play.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:20 AM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

Code:
2012 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 322. UW-Stout WIAC SG Clinton Sadowski *** 0 0 1 0 1 333. UW-La Crosse WIAC SG Scott Davis *** 0 0 5 0 0 467. UW-Stevens Point WIAC SG Tyler Slay *** 0 0 2 0 1 545. UW-River Falls WIAC PF Michael Johnson *** 0 0 1 1 2 764. UW-Oshkosh WIAC PF Robert Grossman ** 0 0 0 1 0 824. UW-Eau Claire WIAC SF Lee Myles ** 0 0 0 1 0 846. UW-Superior WIAC PG Darrick Brown * 0 0 0 0 1 1045. UW-Platteville WIAC 0 0 0 0 0 1046. UW-Whitewater WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

Second best class in the WIAC again. UW-Stevens Point is quietly putting together good recruiting classes as well. Foster Ball was a very underrated pickup, and I could see the argument for their having the best class. Clinton Sadowski was the #269 ranked player and the only one initially coming in as Orange/Green. Like most of the non-Pointers talent coming in, he's a huge academic risk, but that's how you get talent to come down to this level.

I just noticed I had Conference Prestige changes off. Oops. That's fixed now.

We retained our prestige at 9, which strikes me as a little unfair, but what can you do?

Recruiting By State
IA: 1
MA: 1
WI: 2
WV: 1

Recruiting By Rankings

1100-1200: 2
1300-1400: 1
1400-1500: 4
1500-1600: 1

Recruiting By Awards

All-State: 5

We're developing a profile as a team who likes to recruit in the Midwest and the East Coast, targeting All-State players out east. Our range is pretty much consistently in the 1100-1500 rankings, which allows us to go after a lot of good, but not eye-popping players.

3 scholarships available, and we're going to be targeting PGs and wings primarily. I feel like we're pretty good in the post right now, but a couple good floor generals would go a long way to addressing some of our issues.

We strike out with 2 of our 3 initial targets, which I kind of expected, but we're deep enough that we can afford that luxury.

Perimeter Players

Justin Boldt - Clarke HS - Osceola, IA - 6'0, 178 - 3*
Didn't make the gains I was hoping for defensively, but he's still a solid enough all around player that he'll get the nod at SG. Okay 3 point shot, but really needs to improve his jumper and perimeter defense like he's capable of. Orange/Green. Maybe a four year starter, maybe not. Our backcourt is really in flux still.

Archie Collins - Sophomore
Code:
Height: 5-7 Weight: 165 High School: Ridgewood High School Hometown: W Lafayette, OH tat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 19 19 34.1 10.4 0.8 2.7 2.2 2.6 0.86 1.2 0.2 2.7 Career 19 19 34.1 10.4 0.8 2.7 2.2 2.6 0.86 1.2 0.2 2.7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 3.5 8.1 .429 2.2 3.6 .594 1.3 3.9 .320 1.28 1.63 Career 3.5 8.1 .429 2.2 3.6 .594 1.3 3.9 .320 1.28 1.63

Blossoming into an elite 3 point shot with strong stealing talent, but his defensive issues and small size have him taking a back seat after starting last season. But that's okay - that just means we're stronger. Frustrating lack of progress on his jump shot, however. And I hope the injury issues from last season don't come back. Upgraded to Orange/Green.

Daniel Rohde - Westfield HS - Westfield, MA - 6'3, 184 - 3*
An absolute dumpster fire defensively, but he made enough progress with his shooting and floor general skills that he's our third string point guard and I wouldn't mind terribly seeing him getting minutes. Could be a sparkplug offensively off the bench in his time here, but if he ever starts, we'll know things have gone south somewhere. Red/Green. 3 position player.

Scott Davis - Black River Falls HS - Black River Falls, WI - 6'4, 184 - 3*
I had him focus on shooting and floor general skills in training camp, the end result of which is that he improved enough to steal the starting PG spot from Collins. Our best passer/handler, and he has a promising jump shot developing. Next year he'll dial back his conditioning to start putting a little attention to his perimeter defense, which managed to improve slightly even with no time assigned. Four year starter? Who knows. Depends on how we do in recruiting in the coming years. Orange/Green. 3 position player.

Albert Gannon - Sophomore
Code:
Height: 6-7 Weight: 218 High School: Nottoway High School Hometown: Nottoway, VA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 29 29 34.0 13.2 1.0 5.2 2.1 2.5 0.86 0.8 0.4 2.6 Career 29 29 34.0 13.2 1.0 5.2 2.1 2.5 0.86 0.8 0.4 2.6 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 4.3 10.9 .392 3.0 4.4 .667 1.7 5.3 .323 1.22 0.59 Career 4.3 10.9 .392 3.0 4.4 .667 1.7 5.3 .323 1.22 0.59

Put in huge amounts of work on his jumper in the offseason and made some decent gains in his 3 point shot. He's pretty much maxed out on his shooting ratings, so his last two years we're going to focus on his ball skills, rebounding, and defense to make him as good as he can be. Improved to Orange/Yellow.

Post Players

Dave Scott - Sophomore
Code:
Height: 6-10 Weight: 214 High School: Garden Spot High School Hometown: New Holland, PA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 29 29 31.0 9.6 1.3 5.4 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.3 1.3 3.1 Career 29 29 31.0 9.6 1.3 5.4 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.3 1.3 3.1 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 3.6 7.1 .505 2.4 4.8 .514 0.0 0.0 .000 1.35 1.76 Career 3.6 7.1 .505 2.4 4.8 .514 0.0 0.0 .000 1.35 1.76

Blew up on his inside shooting and blocking, and made a significant leap forward in his post defense. Stamina gains were really good as well, so I'm hoping this is when he takes that next step and becomes the kind of beast mode player he's capable of, night in and night out. FT shooting is terrible, and has some room for improvement, so I may start focusing on that more - especially since his conditioning is good now. The only Green/Green player in the entire WIAC! Let's hope he dominates like he has the ability to. Without question, the best player ever to don an Eagles jersey, even if he never will be able to board by the scouting.

Ronald Hutchinson - Kewaunee HS - Kewaunee, WI - 6'11, 213 - 3*
Got his ass suspended for the first semester. Didn't do great with his conditioning either, and overall is kind of a hard dude to train up because of his skill spread and upside range. Probably a career bench player, but might squeeze in a starting spot in his senior year if he gets his shit together. Red/Green.

Raphael Jernigan - Wirt County HS - Elizabeth, WV - 6'9, 236 - 3*
A bit of a tweener, and he's actually 248 lbs now. Good inside shot with okay handles, can sort of hit the jump shot and all right on the offensive glass. Can't defend, but will churn out steals and blocks. Not sure what position he is really, but he'll play 3 spots as well and is one of the more interesting players I've ever had. Orange/Green.

Andrew Diep - Sophomore
Code:
Height: 6-9 Weight: 223 High School: Tri Senior High School Hometown: Straughn, IN Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 29 29 31.3 10.4 3.7 8.8 1.6 2.0 0.79 0.3 0.6 3.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2012 4.2 8.2 .506 2.1 4.2 .496 0.0 0.1 .000 1.27 1.38

Love this kid. Made big leaps in inside scoring and rebounding, and bumped up his post defense. You can make the argument that it's actually him who is our best player and not Scott. Regardless, those two are locked in as four year starters and I'll fight anyone who says differently. Yellow/Green! If he could just block shots more consistently, he'd be perfect.

Starting Lineup
PG Scott Davis (FR)
SG Justin Boldt (FR)
SF Albert Gannon (SO)
PF Dave Scott (SO)
CE Andrew Diep (SO)

We have just 2 games in November, and it opens hosting Cornell. The Big Red shoot just 19.1% and we celebrate our first home game 59-30 winners. Raphael Jernigan is PotG and I don't know why - 8 points, 4 rebounds and a steal doesn't seem like much. Maybe it's that he did it in 16 minutes? Anyway, Andrew Diep with 8 points, 14 rebounds, Dave Scott the inverse with 14 points, 8 rebounds, and a block. Albert Gannon matches Scott's 14 points with 6 boards and a steal, and Justin Boldt has 10 points and 2 steals.

68-70 bullshit road loss to Lyndon State. We outplayed them and still managed to lose despite 8 points, 13 boards, 2 blocks by Andrew Diep, 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks and a steal from Dave Scott, 16 points and 2 steals by Albert Gannon who went down for a week with injury, and 11 bench points by Archie Collins.

No recruits have made decisions, but we're liable to lose two of them anyway. Despite that, I still can't make myself pull the trigger to let them go. I keep hoping for a miracle. In any case, I think it's going to be a rough recruiting year. I aimed too high at first since we only have three scholarships and that set us way back.

Still salty over that loss. Ugh. And we have 3-0 Lawrence on tap, too.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Will be interesting to see how your recruiting turns out on the court. But mostly, it's fun(ny) that you're getting to get so deep into a D3 league's rivalries and so forth.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:57 AM   #14
Comey
College Starter

I've attended a game involving Gallaudet (at York College). A friend of mine is an interpreter in high schools, and one of her boys was looking to play there. It was rather amazing to witness how everything happens.

Gallaudet was damn good, by the way.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:53 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Will be interesting to see how your recruiting turns out on the court. But mostly, it's fun(ny) that you're getting to get so deep into a D3 league's rivalries and so forth.

It's really great, actually, especially since we all start with the same prestige. Makes watching the evolution and changes over time a lot more fun to watch - one of the reasons I love doing Zeroed Out dynasties.

Quote:
I've attended a game involving Gallaudet (at York College). A friend of mine is an interpreter in high schools, and one of her boys was looking to play there. It was rather amazing to witness how everything happens.

Gallaudet was damn good, by the way.

That's awesome! I just found it incredibly ironic that we got beat by them since I'm hearing impaired myself (and am dreading the potential day when I become completely deaf).

Absolutely destroyed by Lawrence 46-73, which I kind of expected. 12 points and a block by Dave Scott; 10 points and a steal from Justin Boldt as the lone decent showings.

Texas A&M-Kingsville hammers us 97-64. Andrew Diep (15 points) and Archie Collins (17 points, a steal) played well - everyone else not. Important note - our RPI is 120 after the loss, so our AD has handed us a brutal early non-conference schedule.

It takes OT to do it, but we upset Lake Superior 80-75 on their home court. Justin Boldt wins PotG honors with 17 points, 6 rebounds, and 2 steals on near-flawless shooting. Albert Gannon leads all scorers with 18 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 steals. Dave Scott racked up 13 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks, and before he fouled out, Andrew Diep just missed a double-double - 9 points, 13 rebounds, a block. 12 points and 1 steals off the bench for Archie Collins, and Raphael Jernigan made his presence felt defensively with 3 blocks and a steal.

12 points, 7 rebounds, a block for Dave Scott, and 11 points and a steal for Albert Gannon, but Upper Iowa, who stole a recruit from us last year, still thumps us 79-67. While we're 2-4, the RPI is now up to 46!

10 points, 9 rebounds and a steal for Albert Gannon a 24 point blowout loss to Northern Iowa. Raphael Jernigan is day to day injured as well. I noticed we're getting absolutely hammered from 3 point range in these bad beats, but we're already running a 3-2 zone, so not sure what else I can do.

Andrew Diep single-handedly carries us to a 53-42 win over Luther with 19 points, 15 rebounds, and 2 blocks - the only significant performance of the night. Ugly wins are still wins.

It does my heart good to top UW-Stout 66-58 on the road in our first WIAC game. Albert Gannon blitzes them for 19 points and a steal in winning PotG, but I could see the argument for Dave Scott - 14 points, 4 blocks, and 3 steals! Andrew Diep chimed in with 9 points and 8 rebounds, and shout out to Justin Boldt's 4 steals as turnovers were a huge difference here. Really nice Christmas present on the 25th, let me tell you.

Andrew Diep steps up for 18 points, 11 rebounds in a 61-56 win over UW-Stevens Point that we got despite a -10 disadvantage in turnovers. Justin Boldt added 11 points and a steal as we move to 2-0 in conference play.

Two rejections. Rough recruiting year continues. On the other hand...

Code:
2013 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Platteville Pioneers 1 0 1.000 7 4 .636 753 16 UW-La Crosse Eagles 2 0 1.000 5 5 .500 134 9 UW-Stout Blue Devils 1 1 .500 7 4 .636 825 19 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 1 1 .500 5 6 .455 566 10 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 1 .500 6 4 .600 696 19 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 1 1 .500 7 4 .636 314 10 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 1 1 .500 5 4 .556 577 11 UW-Oshkosh Titans 0 1 .000 4 6 .400 841 12 UW-River Falls Falcons 0 2 .000 2 8 .200 880 14

Let's enjoy this, because it may not last very long. The board's excited to see this, which is cool. Looks like we'll have a fair few non-conference games stacked on the back end of the season, too.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dave Scott PF 10 10 31.1 10.3 1.1 6.3 0.9 0.4 1.9 2.3 3.0 -3.5 Albert Gannon SF 10 10 29.5 10.8 0.9 5.0 2.3 1.0 0.2 3.7 2.9 -4.7 Justin Boldt SG 10 10 28.7 9.1 1.1 3.0 1.6 1.3 0.1 2.4 2.2 -2.3 Andrew Diep C 10 10 28.0 10.3 2.9 9.9 1.7 0.2 0.5 1.9 3.7 0.7 Scott Davis PG 10 10 24.7 6.1 1.6 2.9 2.1 0.3 0.0 1.4 2.2 -2.2 Archie Collins PG 10 0 22.2 7.4 0.4 1.6 1.6 0.7 0.2 1.2 1.8 2.5 Raphael Jernigan PF 10 0 20.1 4.8 1.2 3.7 0.8 0.5 0.3 0.5 2.1 -3.2 Daniel Rohde SF 10 0 7.5 2.2 0.1 1.4 0.5 0.1 0.1 0.5 0.8 -0.7 Gregory Ulmer PF 10 0 5.4 1.0 0.2 1.1 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.6 -0.7 Samuel Schaffer SG 8 0 5.4 1.6 0.3 1.1 0.1 0.1 0.0 0.1 0.4 -1.6 Michael Barner SF 1 0 2.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0 -6.0

Having a deep pool of talent for this level means we're able to run a pretty heavy rotation. The +/- is obviously skewed by our blowout defeats. Andrew Diep is prepared to make a real case for defending his WIAC Player of the Year award.

We're not relying quite so much on Albert Gannon which is great - allows him to be more selective with his shooting. Dave Scott is in a shooting slump so far - just 42.4% on the year, but Andrew Diep is making up for some of that with his improvement.

Marquee matchup of the early WIAC play up next vs UW-Platteville.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Ronald Hamilton complained about lack of PT. It's like dude, you were academically suspended for the semester! Hopefully that'll sort itself out now.

It's a nailbiter, but we win 74-73 vs Platteville to seize the WIAC lead. Andrew Diep is the star of the game with 16 points, 11 rebounds, and a block. 15 points for Albert Gannon, 14 on awful shooting by Justin Boldt, who does also add 5 rebounds and 3 steals. Terrible shooting night for Dave Scott too, but he has 9 points, 6 blocks!, and a steal. It's the latest we've ever had a winning overall record.

The winning continues, 75-60 in Eau Claire. Albert Gannon nets 20 points, a block, and a steal, but it's Justin Boldt's 14 points and a steal that's Player of the Game due to 6 of 6 from the FT line. 14 points, 9 rebounds for Dave Scott, and Archie Collins paces the bench with 11 points.

Both our starting bigs take charge in Whitewater for a 78-55 rout. Andrew Diep hammers home 20 points, 9 boards; and Dave Scott collects 18 points, 9 rebounds, a steal, and 3 blocks. Archie Collins pops up for 11 points, a steal, and a block off the bench.

We immediately turn around and drive across the state back home, as we have Superior the next night. No fatigue at all as we win 67-62 and have already matched our conference win total from last season, and our overall wins from the first year. Stepping up in this one is Albert Gannon for 19 points, 5 rebounds, and a steal, and Archie Collins off the bench with 12 points, which Andrew Diep matches.

It's not pretty at all, but volume shooting gets Albert Gannon 18 points, 7 rebounds, and a steal in a grotesque 72-65 win vs UW-Oshkosh. 12 points and a block by Andrew Diep, too. Multi-faceted game by Justin Boldt with 11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and a steal.

Next night we head up to River Falls and set them down 71-54, guaranteeing that we can finish no worse than .500 in the conference! Leading the charge once again is Albert Gannon with 20 points and a block, but Dave Scott gets the deserved best player award with 16 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and a steal. Not to be left out of the double-double party is Andrew Diep with 10 points and 14 rebounds.

Sadly, UW-Stout stops us 60-77 to ruin our faint dreams of an undefeated WIAC season and clinching a winning conference record. 9 points, 12 rebounds and a steal for Andrew Diep, and 10 points and a block by Scott Davis as the lone bright spots in a sea of chucking. That also ultimately drops our RPI to its lowest point of the year at 211.

One more shot to guarantee a winning WIAC mark this month, and we pull it off in style, beating down fellow great recruiters UW-Stevens Point on the road, 67-47. Andrew Diep sparkles with 17 points and 11 rebounds, Dave Scott grabs 17 points, 8 rebounds, and a block, and Raphael Jernigan is perfect in shooting for 10 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes. The frosh is quietly putting together the kind of season that portends a good senior year when he's ready to take a starting spot.

6 conference games to go, plus a slate of non-conference outings. We're already just 1 win away from tying last year's overall victory total.. and as for the standings... well...

Code:
2013 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-La Crosse Eagles 9 1 .900 12 6 .667 181 9 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 7 3 .700 13 6 .684 398 19 UW-Stout Blue Devils 7 3 .700 14 6 .700 488 19 UW-Platteville Pioneers 5 4 .556 11 8 .579 501 16 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 5 5 .500 11 8 .579 429 10 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 4 6 .400 8 11 .421 525 10 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 3 7 .300 7 11 .389 777 11 UW-River Falls Falcons 3 7 .300 5 13 .278 851 14 UW-Oshkosh Titans 1 8 .111 5 13 .278 953 12

No matter how you look at it, this is going to be the greatest season in UW-La Crosse history, unless we somehow lose all our remaining games. Here's a look at how the shooting stacks up thus far:

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dave Scott PF 72 177 .407 52 87 .598 0 0 .000 1.11 Albert Gannon SF 79 189 .418 41 58 .707 23 78 .295 1.17 Andrew Diep C 84 159 .528 39 88 .443 0 0 .000 1.30 Justin Boldt SG 56 141 .397 33 37 .892 17 62 .274 1.15 Scott Davis PG 33 78 .423 30 33 .909 7 34 .206 1.32 Archie Collins PG 40 92 .435 30 55 .545 24 61 .393 1.46 Raphael Jernigan PF 39 82 .476 16 31 .516 2 4 .500 1.17 Daniel Rohde SF 10 31 .323 10 14 .714 4 12 .333 1.10 Ronald Hutchison C 5 8 .625 3 5 .600 1 2 .500 1.75 Gregory Ulmer PF 3 11 .273 4 5 .800 0 0 .000 0.91 Samuel Schaffer SG 7 16 .438 4 4 1.000 1 4 .250 1.19

It feels like opponents must be keying in on Dave Scott, because that's a 10% drop from last year. But Albert Gannon, Andrew Diep, and Archie Collins are all improved from last season - especially Collins, who has less pressure coming off the bench and is turning into a real sniper from downtown.

Even better, we finally reel in our first recruit:

PG Bob Graham - Port Huron Northern HS - Port Huron, MI - 5'11, 156 - 3*
Yes, he's shorter, but he's an All-State PG who has posted phenomenal stats in his senior year. My staff is lukewarm, rating him as a Red/Yellow, but think he has stellar perimeter defense upside. Personally, I think he's way better than advertised. Even if he's not that good, though, he's still a guarantee of at least one 3* All-State player in our recruiting. Also checks out as our highest ranked recruit ever at #1017 - so close to being a Top 1000 player. The other guys we get, if any, don't look near as exciting. It's just been a bad year after two stellar crops.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #17
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It's all three divisions put into one huge, 1,045 school division, so you wouldn't be able to set postseason tournaments by division anyway, even if the game allowed you to add more postseason tournaments (which would be a cool idea - to be able to add more tournaments).

I have to say I'm really impressed with how well the engine is able to scale recruiting with that many schools. Brilliant work by Brian there, to make it supple enough to handle that kind of monstrosity.

Yea, I figured the game engine would crash with a quickness, but you don't seem to have had any major issues.

I'm still hesitant to try and download and install it though, for 2 reasons:

First and foremost, I don't want installing a new mod to effect the Coaches and Players Interactive Dynasty Reports I have going, as I've invested a lot into them. I don't think it should, but it's been so long since I've downloaded a mod, I just can't remember how it works or even how to do it.

If it all checks out, I'd be willing to give it a go and just sim through seasons.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Yea, I figured the game engine would crash with a quickness, but you don't seem to have had any major issues.

I'm still hesitant to try and download and install it though, for 2 reasons:

First and foremost, I don't want installing a new mod to effect the Coaches and Players Interactive Dynasty Reports I have going, as I've invested a lot into them. I don't think it should, but it's been so long since I've downloaded a mod, I just can't remember how it works or even how to do it.

If it all checks out, I'd be willing to give it a go and just sim through seasons.

The game can handle it, I've tested for hundreds of seasons. Also a new mod doesn't affect anything you're doing. It's just another setup you can use to start the game when you load a new league save. So the leagues are separate from whatever you have going.

Installing a mod:

Quote:
Put them in the Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\defaultleagues folder or whatever yours is called, give them their own unique name (mine is Omnibus) and put the files inside that folder.

Then start a new game and choose Omnibus as the starting league setup and it'll work.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:54 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

Critical game in Platteville and we play strong for a 70-57 win, locking up 10 conference wins and an absolute minimum matching last year's total overall. 13 points, 11 rebounds for Andrew Diep, 13 points, 2 blocks and a steal by Dave Scott, 17 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists for PotG Albert Gannon and an exceptional shooting night by Justin Boldt for 16 points before he fouls out.

A pair of 14s by Andrew Diep keys a 67-57 win over Eau Claire, aided by a surprising 14 points, 12 rebounds, and a steal by Albert Gannon. We were terrible behind the arc - 1 of 13 - or this would have been a complete rout.

Next win will secure a Top 3 WIAC finish. Unfortunately we lose an 81-90 shootout with UW-Whitewater, and making just 50% of our FTs sunk us, as did the Warhawks shooting 60.8%. Just one of the nights where they couldn't miss 19 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, .3 steals by Albert Gannon, the starting frontcourt of Diep and Scott combining for 26 points, and 13 bench points by Archie Collins wasn't enough. We're assured Top 3 anyway thanks to some losses down the table, and now our next win means a Top 2.

17 points and 3 blocks by Dave Scott is PotG as we not only do it, we beat the very team we needed to secure the WIAC championship, topping Superior 70-63 on the road!!! What could have been for Young Mr. Scott, though, as he made just 1 of his 7 FT shots. 13 points and a steal by Albert Gannon and 14 points from Justin Boldt provide the needed support. UW-La Crosse - WIAC Champions. Very sweet sound, and it reverses a terrible year and a disappointing season all in one.

Our RPI is 235 at this point, so it's about trying to win enough games that we can go to a postseason tournament somewhere. 13 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks by Andrew Diep, 15 points and a steal by Albert Gannon later, we have a 62-54 road victory over UW-Oshkosh. But it was Raphael Jernigan's clutch 11 points and a steal down the stretch that earns PotG, as free throw troubles nearly cost us this one.

We get beat badly on the boards and should have lost by more in disappointing 70-71 drop to Morrisville State. Albert Gannon (19 points, 6 rebounds, a block, a steal), Andrew Diep (11 points, 10 rebounds, a block), and Archie Collins (13 points, 6 rebounds, a steal) did what they could, but a 51-64 FGA differential means we lose.

That ends a three game road trip, and we're back home a couple nights later we fall at home 73-77 to River Falls because they get an obscene 42-20 FTA advantage that makes no damned sense!, though truthfully, the whole team was just really lackluster. Not a good February at all, and we need to snap out of this funk.

Four games left, all of which are on the road and non-conference. We still have difficulty getting people to come play here. 78-87 loss to Marywood, despite Andrew Diep's 12 points, 13 rebounds, Dave Scott's 12 points and 2 blocks, Albert Gannon's 17 points, 9 rebounds, block and steal, and a combined 22 bench points by Raphael Jernigan and Archie Collins - the first time in this universe we've had 2 of my guys score in double digits off the bench.

That's a 3 game losing streak, our 10th loss of the year, and our RPI is crashing through the floor. We also assure ourselves of not getting 20 wins this season without postseason help, but I suppose that'd be too much to hope for.

Since there's only three games left, we'll go to the end of the regular season. 44-57 loss to North Central (MN) continues our late season slide, with only Andrew Diep (13 points, 14 rebounds, a block) having an authentically good night. A 60-77 loss to Central follows, and I'm too bummed to report stats. And we close out with a 50-61 loss to a bad St. Mary's (MN) team in our worst game of the season.

That's a sudden 6 straight losses to end the year and plummet our RPI to 352 heading into Selection Sunday. We don't deserve to go to the postseason.

And we don't.

Code:
2013 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-La Crosse Eagles 13 3 .813 16 13 .552 352 9 UW-Platteville Pioneers 10 6 .625 19 10 .655 385 16 UW-Stout Blue Devils 9 7 .563 18 11 .621 532 19 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 9 7 .563 18 11 .621 332 10 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 9 7 .563 18 11 .621 334 19 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 7 9 .438 14 15 .483 559 10 UW-River Falls Falcons 6 10 .375 10 19 .345 784 14 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 5 11 .313 11 18 .379 614 11 UW-Oshkosh Titans 4 12 .250 10 19 .345 819 12

We're left to wonder what might have been without that late season collapse. So heartbreaking to get so close, only to piss it all away.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Albert Gannon SF 29 29 30.8 13.0 1.2 5.3 2.4 0.9 0.3 3.3 2.8 0.8 Andrew Diep C 29 29 30.6 11.3 3.3 9.7 1.4 0.2 0.3 1.4 3.2 2.8 Dave Scott PF 29 29 30.0 10.7 1.4 5.6 1.2 0.5 1.8 1.7 2.9 -0.3 Justin Boldt SG 29 29 29.9 9.4 1.0 3.2 1.7 1.1 0.0 2.0 2.3 0.5 Scott Davis PG 29 29 25.4 5.4 1.5 3.1 2.3 0.5 0.2 1.6 2.1 1.0 Archie Collins PG 29 0 22.3 6.9 0.6 1.9 1.7 0.8 0.1 1.1 2.1 1.1 Raphael Jernigan PF 29 0 17.6 5.4 1.1 3.2 0.7 0.4 0.3 0.7 2.5 -1.1 Ronald Hutchison C 19 0 6.3 1.7 0.7 2.4 0.4 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.7 -0.5 Daniel Rohde SF 29 0 5.7 1.7 0.1 0.9 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.6 0.6 -1.2 Gregory Ulmer PF 18 0 3.7 0.8 0.1 0.9 0.2 0.1 0.0 0.2 0.4 -0.8 Samuel Schaffer SG 19 0 3.5 1.3 0.2 0.8 0.2 0.1 0.0 0.3 0.2 -1.1 Michael Barner SF 3 0 1.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.0 0.0 -4.7

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Albert Gannon SF 130 313 .415 77 114 .675 40 128 .313 1.20 Andrew Diep C 131 251 .522 66 153 .431 1 1 1.000 1.31 Dave Scott PF 117 278 .421 77 145 .531 0 0 .000 1.12 Justin Boldt SG 91 220 .414 60 68 .882 31 104 .298 1.24 Scott Davis PG 54 126 .429 36 44 .818 13 57 .228 1.25 Archie Collins PG 60 152 .395 46 84 .548 34 99 .343 1.32 Raphael Jernigan PF 64 121 .529 27 54 .500 2 6 .333 1.30 Ronald Hutchison C 11 25 .440 7 11 .636 3 7 .429 1.28 Daniel Rohde SF 15 39 .385 13 18 .722 5 15 .333 1.23 Gregory Ulmer PF 5 16 .313 4 5 .800 0 0 .000 0.88 Samuel Schaffer SG 8 18 .444 6 6 1.000 2 6 .333 1.33

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 9 Record Vs 1-50: 0-0 Poll Rank: NR Season Record: 16-13 Record Vs 51-100: 0-0 RPI Rank: #352 Conference Record: 13-3 Record Vs 101-200: 0-0 Home Record: 7-6 Record Vs 200+: 16-13 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 66.3 1 419 Points 65.9 9 641 Points 0.4 4 463 O.Reb 10.9 2 338 O.Reb 11.2 8 793 O.Reb -0.3 5 570 D.Reb 24.7 1 337 D.Reb 25.1 8 760 D.Reb -0.3 4 571 Rebounds 35.7 1 329 Rebounds 36.3 9 811 Rebounds -0.6 5 582 Assists 12.3 1 406 Assists 12.3 9 629 Assists 0.0 4 470 Steals 4.6 3 690 Steals 5.0 6 398 Steals -0.4 4 585 Blocks 3.2 1 248 Blocks 2.2 8 385 Blocks 1.0 2 162 Turnovers 12.8 5 326 Turnovers 13.7 2 394 Turnovers -0.9 4 323 Fouls 19.3 3 523 Fouls 20.4 2 167 Fouls -1.1 3 262 FG% .440 1 269 FG% .419 4 317 FG% .021 3 230 FT% .597 91033 FT% .684 8 813 FT% -.088 91043 3P% .310 3 611 3P% .326 7 569 3P% -.016 7 631 PPS 1.23 5 486 PPS 1.22 3 414 PPS .017 4 412 Adj. FG% .482 1 422 Adj. FG% .469 5 337 Adj. FG% .014 3 347

Sigh.

We pick up our second recruit at the end of March, but I'm eh on him, and there's no one else left in the pool who excites me. So we'll roll over a scholarship to next year.

Too bummed to recap stuff right now, so that'll be next post.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #20
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Rough end to the year, ugh. I should share my fbcb.ini file with you. It might work better for a league like this, because it has a lot more depth in it and you see a lot more variability in scoring and outputs. It just feels like college basketball to me compared to the vanilla game.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

PG Robert Cunningham - 6'3, 185 - Linganore HS - Frederick, MD - 3*
Will probably be a combo guard and has the size for it. Could be a good perimeter defender potentially, but I'm definitely seeing a career reserve here. Picked him up primarily in hopes that his epic 3 point gunning talent at the HS level translates to college as a 3&D specialist. #1427 ranked player.

Final Four is notable this year as 3 seed Duke and 2 seed UCLA in one half, 14 seed Oral Roberts and 12 seed Clemson in the other. Bad decision making by the committee on one half of the bracket. The highest seed in NIT Final Four? 5 seed Colorado.

Very frustrating to see 11 seed Augustana win the CIT, considering we beat them at their place early in the year. 4 seed Alaska-Anchorage was their victim in a laugher. 3 seed Kentucky sweeps 12 seed Grand Valley State in the CBI, and Colorado beats 7 seed Baylor in the NIT.

NCAA Championship sees 12 seed Clemson with one of the biggest upsets in history, stunning 2 seed UCLA 70-68. What a classic!

Code:
2013 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: SO C Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 11.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 1.4 APG 0.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR PF Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG Coach of the Year: Izulde Jestor UW-La Crosse 16 - 13 (13 - 3) All-league 1st Team: C SO Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 11.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG PF SO Dave Scott UW-La Crosse 10.7 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.5 SPG, 1.8 BPG SF SO Jamaal Sprayberry UW-Stout 12.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG SO Daniel Boman UW-Whitewater 14.9 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR Charles Larkin UW-Platteville 12.2 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C JR Xaver Edrich UW-Superior 10.8 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.2 BPG PF FR Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF SO Albert Gannon UW-La Crosse 13.0 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 2.4 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.3 BPG SG SO Gilbert Bilyeu UW-Platteville 11.0 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.7 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.4 BPG PG SO Sonny Timms UW-Stevens Point 8.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.0 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Thomas Draper UW-River Falls 5.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.2 SPG, 1.6 BPG PF FR Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF FR Lee Myles UW-Eau Claire 9.4 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR Justin Boldt UW-La Crosse 9.4 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.0 BPG PG FR Scott Davis UW-La Crosse 5.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.2 BPG

Andrew Diep adds to his growing legendary status. Funny how he's superseded Dave Scott in accomplishments. Awesome to see that I've won the WIAC Coach of the Year, even given our tailspin at the end.

Oh, I forgot to cover Coach Movements, but that's okay because there weren't any.

Our prestige jumps up to 14, and the athletic department is going to allocate funds to improve the facilities. Right now, we have 7 rated, which is tied for 5th in the conference.

Facilities - 10+ in WIAC
UW-Platteville: 17
UW-River Falls: 17
UW-Superior: 15

Note: Everyone in the WIAC starts with 10 rated facilities, so we'll be the fourth school in the conference to have authentic upgrades next year.

My coaching skill also improves, but before I allocate points, I want to look at our recruiting rankings for this year.

Code:
2013 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 481. UW-Whitewater WIAC C James Jordan *** 0 0 1 0 2 535. UW-La Crosse WIAC PG Bob Graham *** 0 0 2 0 0 549. UW-Stevens Point WIAC SG Terence Hicks *** 0 0 1 0 1 677. UW-Superior WIAC SG Jeffrey Mathes *** 0 0 1 0 0 688. UW-Oshkosh WIAC SG Robbie Kling ** 0 0 0 3 0 691. UW-River Falls WIAC PG Keenan Hicks ** 0 0 0 2 1 737. UW-Platteville WIAC PG Wayne Raby ** 0 0 0 2 0 766. UW-Eau Claire WIAC SG Danny Townsend ** 0 0 0 1 1 840. UW-Stout WIAC SF James Berg * 0 0 0 0 2

First year everyone has managed to get commits to sign, but it was a down year overall. That 481? #4 last year, #3 the first season. Our third straight second place showing? #4 last year, #4 the first season. That being said, a lot of the talent that's coming in has been criminally underrated - a ton of unexpected Green potential guys, and Terrance Hicks is Orange/Green out the gate, and objectively the best player in this class.

We're now expected to compete for the conference championship, and UW-Superior is the first school to require outright winning it.

[u]Green Potential Players In WIAC By School[/b]
UW-La Crosse: 10
UW-Stevens Point: 6
UW-Eau Claire: 4
UW-River Falls: 3
UW-Platteville: 2
UW-Superior: 2
UW-Whitewater: 2
UW-Oshkosh: 1
UW-Stout: 1

Clearly my greatest strength has been in being able to find the hidden gems, with consistently recruiting well for our level the second best, so I'm going 2 Offense, 7 Recruiting, 11 Scouting for distribution, because that's accurate.

Recruiting By State

MD: 1
MI: 1

Recruiting By Rankings

1000-1100: 1
1400-1500: 5

Recruiting By Awards
All-State: 6

Because I failed to meet expectations the first two years, the needle of approval doesn't move from Average despite our conference title. I've two more years with Andrew Diep and Dave Scott, so I may try and jump in that time frame.

Finally we have prestige changes in conferences! Unfortunately, so many conferences now meet the 2 prestige minimum that we're going to have to make 3 prestige a minimum requirement.

Lost Auto-Bids
Atlantic Sun
MEAC
Southern
Southland
Summit
SWAC
WAC

Gained Auto-Bids
California Collegiate Athletic Association
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference
Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association
Conference of Carolinas
East Coast Conference
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Great Lakes Valley Conference
Great Midwest Athletic Conference
Great Northwest Athletic Conference
Gulf South Conference
Heartland Conference
Lone Star Conference
Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Mountain East Conference
North Atlantic Conference
Northeast 10
Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
Pacific West Conference
Peach Belt Conference
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
South Atlantic Conference
Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Sunshine State Conference
WIAC!

That's 48 NCAA bids now automatically determined by the conference champions, and somehow the WIAC manages to sneak in there. Added pressure now. The Mid-Major Top 25 Rankings now has a ceiling of 3 prestige as well.

UW-Superior is the first WIAC school to break the 20 prestige plane at 22. Only UW-Whitewater and UW-Oshkosh are at the base of 10 prestige. No one is below that threshold.

No coach movement in the WIAC, which is to be expected now that we've established ourselves as an auto-bid conference.

A scrub got pissed and transferred out - Ironically, he was our lone senior, so the 2 scholarships we have heading into the transfer period are what we have for the whole year. There's only one guy I really like, and he opts for Kentucky.

I gotta be honest - I'm not really digging the whole sudden jump up of so many D2 and D3 conferences to auto-bids and a ton of them with 4 and 5 prestige over established D-I conferences, and one like the WIAC getting in an auto-bid when we only have one school ever to make the postseason.

My suspension of disbelief has finally shattered. So what I'm going to do is close this dynasty down, re-adjust everything (probably zeroing out all the non-DI schools) and starting over.

Last edited by Izulde : 05-04-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Rough end to the year, ugh. I should share my fbcb.ini file with you. It might work better for a league like this, because it has a lot more depth in it and you see a lot more variability in scoring and outputs. It just feels like college basketball to me compared to the vanilla game.

What changes did you make in it?

Old 05-05-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
What changes did you make in it?

Umm..incoming recruits are better. I did a ton of testing to get more variability in scoring. So you can see 100+ games, but also games in the 40-60 range depending on the program.

Umm...I think a lot of factors are turned down too, so it looks more like modern basketball where there are lots of jumpshooting, 3 point games (meaning teams that go cold don't have great games, etc.) and I'll just need to upload the file and you can see what's different, it's on my Windows laptop tho.

Quote:
PG Robert Cunningham - 6'3, 185 - Linganore HS - Frederick, MD - 3*
Will probably be a combo guard and has the size for it. Could be a good perimeter defender potentially, but I'm definitely seeing a career reserve here. Picked him up primarily in hopes that his epic 3 point gunning talent at the HS level translates to college as a 3&D specialist. #1427 ranked player.

Final Four is notable this year as 3 seed Duke and 2 seed UCLA in one half, 14 seed Oral Roberts and 12 seed Clemson in the other. Bad decision making by the committee on one half of the bracket. The highest seed in NIT Final Four? 5 seed Colorado.

Very frustrating to see 11 seed Augustana win the CIT, considering we beat them at their place early in the year. 4 seed Alaska-Anchorage was their victim in a laugher. 3 seed Kentucky sweeps 12 seed Grand Valley State in the CBI, and Colorado beats 7 seed Baylor in the NIT.

NCAA Championship sees 12 seed Clemson with one of the biggest upsets in history, stunning 2 seed UCLA 70-68. What a classic!

Code:
2013 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: SO C Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 11.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 1.4 APG 0.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR PF Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG Coach of the Year: Izulde Jestor UW-La Crosse 16 - 13 (13 - 3) All-league 1st Team: C SO Andrew Diep UW-La Crosse 11.3 PPG, 9.7 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG PF SO Dave Scott UW-La Crosse 10.7 PPG, 5.6 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.5 SPG, 1.8 BPG SF SO Jamaal Sprayberry UW-Stout 12.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG SO Daniel Boman UW-Whitewater 14.9 PPG, 4.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR Charles Larkin UW-Platteville 12.2 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C JR Xaver Edrich UW-Superior 10.8 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.2 BPG PF FR Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF SO Albert Gannon UW-La Crosse 13.0 PPG, 5.3 RPG, 2.4 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.3 BPG SG SO Gilbert Bilyeu UW-Platteville 11.0 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.7 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.4 BPG PG SO Sonny Timms UW-Stevens Point 8.5 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 2.5 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.0 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Thomas Draper UW-River Falls 5.8 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.2 SPG, 1.6 BPG PF FR Robert Grossman UW-Oshkosh 5.7 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF FR Lee Myles UW-Eau Claire 9.4 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR Justin Boldt UW-La Crosse 9.4 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.0 BPG PG FR Scott Davis UW-La Crosse 5.4 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 2.3 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.2 BPG

Andrew Diep adds to his growing legendary status. Funny how he's superseded Dave Scott in accomplishments. Awesome to see that I've won the WIAC Coach of the Year, even given our tailspin at the end.

Oh, I forgot to cover Coach Movements, but that's okay because there weren't any.

Our prestige jumps up to 14, and the athletic department is going to allocate funds to improve the facilities. Right now, we have 7 rated, which is tied for 5th in the conference.

Facilities - 10+ in WIAC
UW-Platteville: 17
UW-River Falls: 17
UW-Superior: 15

Note: Everyone in the WIAC starts with 10 rated facilities, so we'll be the fourth school in the conference to have authentic upgrades next year.

My coaching skill also improves, but before I allocate points, I want to look at our recruiting rankings for this year.

Code:
2013 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 481. UW-Whitewater WIAC C James Jordan *** 0 0 1 0 2 535. UW-La Crosse WIAC PG Bob Graham *** 0 0 2 0 0 549. UW-Stevens Point WIAC SG Terence Hicks *** 0 0 1 0 1 677. UW-Superior WIAC SG Jeffrey Mathes *** 0 0 1 0 0 688. UW-Oshkosh WIAC SG Robbie Kling ** 0 0 0 3 0 691. UW-River Falls WIAC PG Keenan Hicks ** 0 0 0 2 1 737. UW-Platteville WIAC PG Wayne Raby ** 0 0 0 2 0 766. UW-Eau Claire WIAC SG Danny Townsend ** 0 0 0 1 1 840. UW-Stout WIAC SF James Berg * 0 0 0 0 2

First year everyone has managed to get commits to sign, but it was a down year overall. That 481? #4 last year, #3 the first season. Our third straight second place showing? #4 last year, #4 the first season. That being said, a lot of the talent that's coming in has been criminally underrated - a ton of unexpected Green potential guys, and Terrance Hicks is Orange/Green out the gate, and objectively the best player in this class.

We're now expected to compete for the conference championship, and UW-Superior is the first school to require outright winning it.

[u]Green Potential Players In WIAC By School[/b]
UW-La Crosse: 10
UW-Stevens Point: 6
UW-Eau Claire: 4
UW-River Falls: 3
UW-Platteville: 2
UW-Superior: 2
UW-Whitewater: 2
UW-Oshkosh: 1
UW-Stout: 1

Clearly my greatest strength has been in being able to find the hidden gems, with consistently recruiting well for our level the second best, so I'm going 2 Offense, 7 Recruiting, 11 Scouting for distribution, because that's accurate.

Recruiting By State

MD: 1
MI: 1

Recruiting By Rankings

1000-1100: 1
1400-1500: 5

Recruiting By Awards
All-State: 6

Because I failed to meet expectations the first two years, the needle of approval doesn't move from Average despite our conference title. I've two more years with Andrew Diep and Dave Scott, so I may try and jump in that time frame.

Finally we have prestige changes in conferences! Unfortunately, so many conferences now meet the 2 prestige minimum that we're going to have to make 3 prestige a minimum requirement.

Lost Auto-Bids
Atlantic Sun
MEAC
Southern
Southland
Summit
SWAC
WAC

Gained Auto-Bids
California Collegiate Athletic Association
Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference
Central Intercollegiate Athletics Association
Conference of Carolinas
East Coast Conference
Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Great Lakes Valley Conference
Great Midwest Athletic Conference
Great Northwest Athletic Conference
Gulf South Conference
Heartland Conference
Lone Star Conference
Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association
Mountain East Conference
North Atlantic Conference
Northeast 10
Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
Pacific West Conference
Peach Belt Conference
Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference
Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
South Atlantic Conference
Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
Sunshine State Conference
WIAC!

That's 48 NCAA bids now automatically determined by the conference champions, and somehow the WIAC manages to sneak in there. Added pressure now. The Mid-Major Top 25 Rankings now has a ceiling of 3 prestige as well.

UW-Superior is the first WIAC school to break the 20 prestige plane at 22. Only UW-Whitewater and UW-Oshkosh are at the base of 10 prestige. No one is below that threshold.

No coach movement in the WIAC, which is to be expected now that we've established ourselves as an auto-bid conference.

A scrub got pissed and transferred out - Ironically, he was our lone senior, so the 2 scholarships we have heading into the transfer period are what we have for the whole year. There's only one guy I really like, and he opts for Kentucky.

I gotta be honest - I'm not really digging the whole sudden jump up of so many D2 and D3 conferences to auto-bids and a ton of them with 4 and 5 prestige over established D-I conferences, and one like the WIAC getting in an auto-bid when we only have one school ever to make the postseason.

My suspension of disbelief has finally shattered. So what I'm going to do is close this dynasty down, re-adjust everything (probably zeroing out all the non-DI schools) and starting over.

Super cool for the WIAC though, haha.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #24
Comey
College Starter

I would be curious to see who comes out of the PSAC. I'm a Bloomsburg grad who was offered a chance to walk on as a guard, but turned it down. We were PSAC champs three years of the four I was there, I believe...it's the only regret I have of my college days, really, even if only for my own coaching experience.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #25
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I would be curious to see who comes out of the PSAC. I'm a Bloomsburg grad who was offered a chance to walk on as a guard, but turned it down. We were PSAC champs three years of the four I was there, I believe...it's the only regret I have of my college days, really, even if only for my own coaching experience.

Ugh, I regret not playing a 2nd year of college tennis after a coaching change.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-06-2017 at 10:11 AM.