Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #401
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Care to give me details on this?

A fair few of his posts rail on coworkers and/or friends/family, talk about how they drive him nuts, how he needs to get away, etc. If you're posting that kind of thing on FB, a) chances are, others around you are not really recommending you for bigger and better things and/or b) if anybody is looking for how you act by looking up your profile (I have no idea if employers really do this but it really wouldn't surprise me), it wouldn't be endearing.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 PM   #402
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Employers absolutely do that. Small time commitment for a potential gold mine.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-15-2011 at 06:26 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #403
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
A fair few of his posts rail on coworkers and/or friends/family, talk about how they drive him nuts, how he needs to get away, etc. If you're posting that kind of thing on FB, a) chances are, others around you are not really recommending you for bigger and better things and/or b) if anybody is looking for how you act by looking up your profile (I have no idea if employers really do this but it really wouldn't surprise me), it wouldn't be endearing.

/tk

I figured it out who it was. He sure does talk a lot about going to work. However, he could be Laurence Fishburne's stunt double if he applied himself.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #404
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

There ought to be a SnopesChecker (like spellcheck) built into f'n Facebook.

No, you mindless half-wits that I knew 25 years ago, there's not a 48 y/o known pedophile named "Fill in the blank" posing as a 14 y/o to try to lure your kids.

The key word here is "known", there's surely some sick bastards using FB for indecent means but if it's notable enough to have become status spam then he'd already be long since banned.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #405
MJ4H
Coordinator

OK FRIENDS IT'S BEEN FUN BUT I'M GONNA DELETE MY FACEBOOK WAY TO MUCH DRAMA AND PPL LIKES TO GET DRAMA STARTED ABOUT CRAP I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT BUT AND THE PPL THAT THINKS I WANT YA TO FEEL SORRY 4 ME ABOUT MY HEALTH WELL GET A LIFE B/C I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME SO IF YOUR MY REAL FRIEND THEN U HAVE MY CELL #

chances of her successfully deleting her facebook account are about 3% imo

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-23-2011 at 09:33 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #406
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
OK FRIENDS IT'S BEEN FUN BUT I'M GONNA DELETE MY FACEBOOK WAY TO MUCH DRAMA AND PPL LIKES TO GET DRAMA STARTED ABOUT CRAP I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT BUT AND THE PPL THAT THINKS I WANT YA TO FEEL SORRY 4 ME ABOUT MY HEALTH WELL GET A LIFE B/C I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME SO IF YOUR MY REAL FRIEND THEN U HAVE MY CELL #

chances of her successfully deleting her facebook account are about 3% imo

I see these stupid posts all the time.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #407
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I love the run on nature of that post...particularly the "BUT AND" just seemingly randomly inserted in there in place of punctuation that really makes the whole thing make...less than zero sense.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #408
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Post from last night:

Quote:
Treating myself - at Coach

Post from this morning (leaving for vacation)

Quote:
Ugh! On the road and forgot [older son]'s DS!

Comments within suggesting buying a new DS and giving the younger son the old DS

Quote:
A new DS isn't happening. I bought myself a new, well-deserved Coach bag last night!

But the thing that ties this all together for me....about the "treating" herself and "well-deserved". She's a stay-at-home mom.

(Not that I think staying at home is a terrible choice, and not a hard job...but suggesting you are treating yourself with your husband's $$$ made me laugh)
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #409
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There ought to be a SnopesChecker (like spellcheck) built into f'n Facebook.

No, you mindless half-wits that I knew 25 years ago, there's not a 48 y/o known pedophile named "Fill in the blank" posing as a 14 y/o to try to lure your kids.

The key word here is "known", there's surely some sick bastards using FB for indecent means but if it's notable enough to have become status spam then he'd already be long since banned.

This reminds me of when people changed their pics to cartoon characters for child abuse awareness and then rumors started to spread that it was actually a campaign for pedophiles. A ton of people on my friends list started freaking out. I linked to the Snopes article, but one of my friends was still like, "OKay, but I think everyone should change their pics just in case."

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #410
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

(Not that I think staying at home is a terrible choice, and not a hard job...but suggesting you are treating yourself with your husband's $$$ made me laugh)

Probably don't want to go to far down this path but I'll just say I stayed home with my son for 8 months after I finished school and I was about as happy as could be to go back to work.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #411
Autumn
Head Coach

And as a work at home dad, I always bristle at the idea that the stay at home parent is spending the other spouse's money. There's no way I could make any of this money if my wife wasn't watching the kids for me. God knows I'd make more if it if I wasn't working at home with them around, but I'd be making next to nothing without her. It's not my money any more than it's her kids.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #412
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
And as a work at home dad, I always bristle at the idea that the stay at home parent is spending the other spouse's money. There's no way I could make any of this money if my wife wasn't watching the kids for me. God knows I'd make more if it if I wasn't working at home with them around, but I'd be making next to nothing without her. It's not my money any more than it's her kids.

its apples and oranges if you're talking about a 2 year old versus a 12 year old.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM   #413
ColtCrazy
College Starter

So this is a good one. From my sister-in-law. Can you guess who the deadbeat is out of 4 siblings?

"Ok bad news...ben is still in jail setting up a pre trail date and then a trail if no plees are agreeded upon."

From all account, bf is in jail for meth. And she just tattooed his name on her somewhere. Yee-Haw
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #414
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dreamed that I changed Cash's name to Axel James Rose all the while "Party in the USA" was playing in the background. The stuff my brain does while I'm asleep is scaring me.

I'm not totally convinced that Axel James is much more strange than naming your child Cash. But that's maybe just me.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #415
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

This thread me thinks my friends (FB and real life) are mostly normal.

/tk
Old 06-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #416
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This thread me thinks my friends (FB and real life) are mostly normal./tk

Normal = the average of all the abnormals

Old 06-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #417
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Normal = the average of all the abnormals

I used the word "mostly."

/tk
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #418
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I am amazed that I never knew how infrequently July starts on a Friday. Thought it was once every 7 years (on average) but according to these facebook posts (and emails) I keep seeing I must be really bad a math...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 07:06 PM   #419
JediKooter
Coordinator

Leap years will get you every time.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #420
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
If you cross the N. Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 yrs. No wonder we are a country in debt. Re-post if you agree

I know that there are legit issues w/ illegal immigration, but this is an awesome "repost if you agree" status + a fairly direct "if only we were more like afghanistan and north korea" comparison. A++
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #421
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think that sums up people in America in a nutshell.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #422
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They left out the part about illegals getting to vote.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 AM   #423
JediKooter
Coordinator

And taking away all of those farm laborer jobs away from teens looking for summer jobs.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM   #424
larrymcg421
Head Coach

That reminds me of the slew of Facebook posts during the mosque controversy when people kept making the argument that you couldn't build a church in a Muslim country. I'll take "Reasons the USA is Better than Muslim Theocracies" for $200 Alex.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:09 PM   #425
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
And taking away all of those farm laborer jobs away from teens looking for summer jobs.
Teens shouldn't be working on farms during the summer. They should be masturbating during the summer. If they're working, they're doing something wrong.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #426
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I know that there are legit issues w/ illegal immigration, but this is an awesome "repost if you agree" status + a fairly direct "if only we were more like afghanistan and north korea" comparison. A++

Many versions of that particular one I've seen also include a reference to Mexico's own illegal entry policies.

I can't recall the exact wording but it makes it more relevant (as does the usual punchline: If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 yrs. No wonder we are a country in debt)

That said, just because NK and Afg are evil/corrupt entities doesn't mean they're immune to having the right idea about something either. Stopped clock exception & all that.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 06-29-2011 at 02:18 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:42 PM   #427
digamma
Torchbearer

This girl I went to school with has started a theme of status updates called "Motherhood is..." where she will attempt to write something cute, but usually fails. It is so transparent that she is trying to come up with some collection to pitch as a book or something. Today's though took the cake...

"Motherhood is…involuntarily humming “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” at wildly inappropriate times, like during wedding toasts or foreplay."

(Her child is less than a year old, btw.)
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #428
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
"Motherhood is…involuntarily humming “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” at wildly inappropriate times, like during wedding toasts or foreplay." (Her child is less than a year old, btw.)

That's actually kind of funny.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:46 PM   #429
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Teens shouldn't be working on farms during the summer. They should be masturbating during the summer. If they're working, they're doing something wrong.

There's a lot of truth in that statement.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #430
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
"Motherhood is…involuntarily humming “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” at wildly inappropriate times, like during wedding toasts or foreplay."

It's not just a song, it's a checklist.

/failed foreplay in school

Last edited by cuervo72 : 06-29-2011 at 02:58 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:21 PM   #431
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I worked part time as a teenager AND had a girlfriend for a good number of my teen years. I never once remember having any trouble to find the time to masturbate. I'm sure those teens will make do.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #432
lungs
Pro Rookie

How come all the single women with like 6 different kids from 5 different men are constantly posting things like:

"After last night I realized something: Its time to get back to me! I'm about to set sail on an epic journey."

Which is all fine and dandy but these kinds of status updates are almost daily occurances. Three days later:

"Its like New Years with all the resolutions I have made today! "

Of course less than a week before the original one:

"It's all about me and my beautiful children, if you can't make our world a better place with your presence, MOVE AROUND!"

I mean it's almost like every day is going to be the day that things turn around.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #433
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

"Coke + Burritos = NO"
Old 06-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #434
molson
General Manager

Quote:
This thread me thinks my friends (FB and real life) are mostly normal.

/tk

+1....My facebook feed is so boring.
molson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:34 PM   #435
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
+1....My facebook feed is so boring.

You should add Pumpy...

Old 06-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #436
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
How come all the single women with like 6 different kids from 5 different men are constantly posting things like:

"After last night I realized something: Its time to get back to me! I'm about to set sail on an epic journey."

Which is all fine and dandy but these kinds of status updates are almost daily occurances. Three days later:

"It's all about me and my beautiful children, if you can't make our world a better place with your presence, MOVE AROUND!"

I mean it's almost like every day is going to be the day that things turn around.

yy. I wonder if people like that actually believe that their lives ever change, or if it is more simply a public face to show the world.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #437
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
You should add Pumpy...
Nothing like 8 million check-ins at Main Bowling Center, am I right?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #438
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

I have one of these on my friends list, except she also always has ailments (her latest was flipping a 3-wheeler) and has a new boyfriend (or, in one case, husband) that she is cannot live without.

I'm not even sure that I remember her from high school, but her life is such a soap opera that I don't want to ditch her.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #439
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

And today's update:
"On the grind..got rid of the rif raf...bigger and better things in sight!"

Funny thing is this girl wanted to fuck me in the worst way in high school.... but I fucked her better looking sister instead
Old 06-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #440
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
And today's update:
"On the grind..got rid of the rif raf...bigger and better things in sight!"

Funny thing is this girl wanted to fuck me in the worst way in high school.... but I fucked her better looking sister instead

While this is cool for you (bro), I'm having trouble seeing why that is funny. Or even ironic.

"Hey guys, I know this really crazy chick who liked me. But guess what? I banged her hot sister instead! I totally showed her amirite?! I bet she never had to deal with the hot sister angle before!"
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #441
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Dammit, I was going to post that...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #442
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
While this is cool for you (bro), I'm having trouble seeing why that is funny. Or even ironic.

"Hey guys, I know this really crazy chick who liked me. But guess what? I banged her hot sister instead! I totally showed her amirite?! I bet she never had to deal with the hot sister angle before!"

It got her off of my back, so that counts for something doesn't it?

Both were crazy, but the one I banged knew the concept of birth control at least.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:56 AM   #443
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually, pretty much every time I see one of those check ins, I think of patty melts. I don't know why, but, I associate bowling alleys with patty melts and then I want to go bowling.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #444
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I associate bowling alleys with patty melts and then I want to go bowling.

I associate patty melts with Steak N' Shake & then I want to go eat.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 PM   #445
heybrad
Norm!!!

Amanda rocked her solo! New ending was amazing! Elizabeth did great with facials. Waiting on Alyssa then awards!

Makes you wonder what the event is.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #446
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The Groupie Grammys?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #447
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

What's funny is imagining you trying to walk around with that stick up your...

Wait, sorry, I meant to direct this reply to someone else, but I can't remember who.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #448
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

People. That's all I can really say after seeing this one on a few friends' walls.
Quote:
This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. Those who read and do not copy will be without money. I am copying cause I'm not taking any chances...and come on who doesn't want money!!!

And this one showed up twice on Saturday...
Quote:
PLEASE put this as your status if you know someone (or are related to someone) who has been eaten by pandas. Pandas are nearly unstoppable and when hungry, also breathe fire. 71% of people won't copy this into their status because they have already been eaten by pandas, 28% are hiding in their showers with fire extinguishers awaiting the coming pandocalypse and the remaining 1% are awesome and will re-post.

/tk
Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #449
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
People. That's all I can really say after seeing this one on a few friends' walls.

Quote:
This year July has 5 Fridays 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This happens once every 823 years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4 days. Based on Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui. Those who read and do not copy will be without money. I am copying cause I'm not taking any chances...and come on who doesn't want money!!!

/tk

July of 1988 had 5 Fridays, 5 Saturdays, and 5 Sundays, so the 823 years thing is bogus. Too bad, I really wanted to pass along this chain post.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #450
MJ4H
Coordinator

It's official..signal at 12:20 it even passed on tv. Facebook will start charging this summer.if you copy this on your wall your icon will turn blue and facebook we be free for you.please pass this message if not your count will be deleted.p.s this us serious the icon turns blue.so please put this on your wal
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote