Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #3201
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
And half the comments will be about PC vs. Mac users.

I hope Skynet is developed to run on a Mac. I just want that PC guy to be able to rub it in the Mac guy's face in the commercials.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #3202
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I have a snow day today.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #3203
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I find it patently unfair that my boy slept quite well last night, whereas dad had bad indigestion from dinner, and didn't sleep at all.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 02-21-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #3204
JediKooter
Coordinator

Possible snow showers down to sea level in the Bay Area later this week. Oh let the highway driving hilarity begin!

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #3205
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Yesterday the boss called to tell me their giving me another important account. Holy cow, I can't believe how well stuff is going right now.

Friday the boss called me into the office to tell me they're sending me to Milwaukee for a week of training on the 28th.

Tomorrow I am going out of town to troubleshoot a problem. When I return I'm 95% certain I'll be accepting a similar job position at a smaller company for more pay.

My boss, who has spent the past two months telling me how much he's appreciated me, is about to get shocked. In fact, the news is probably going to shock quite a few people at the office.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #3206
RainMaker
General Manager

A friend of mine died today. She was a dog. Owned by my old roommate who I lived with for a few years after college. He is also my neighbor (owns the storefront in the building) and the dog would hang out at my place a lot. She really liked me and would often sit right in front of my door when they let her run around the courtyard. She'd come inside, I'd give her some treats, and we'd watch some TV. One of the nicest, well behaved dogs you could ever meet.

Just not one of the good days.

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #3207
MJ4H
Coordinator

MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #3208
Autumn
Head Coach

Either I was an idiot one year ago when I did my Q1 estimated taxes, or I'm an idiot now. These two numbers are not even remotely similar.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #3209
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Either I was an idiot one year ago when I did my Q1 estimated taxes, or I'm an idiot now. These two numbers are not even remotely similar.

I do part time consulting for all of my income. Some weeks I work 5 hours, some weeks 45. I have not come remotely close to estimating my income at any point over the last 3 years. Its annoying as all hell.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #3210
Autumn
Head Coach

Mine varies a lot too, so I was using annualized income reporting. But now when I look back I can't figure out how I came up with that number. Like it's orders of magnitude too small.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #3211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm becoming convinced it's not going to be something big that finally puts me over the edge, no sir. It's going to be that last little straw on the camel's back & it's probably going to involve either retail or food service.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #3212
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm becoming convinced it's not going to be something big that finally puts me over the edge, no sir. It's going to be that last little straw on the camel's back & it's probably going to involve either retail or food service.

Both of which would be target-rich environments for a man on a "Falling Down"-style rampage.

"I'm excercising my rights as a consumer!"

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 AM   #3213
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

"I'm sorry, sir, we're out of A1!"
"DIE, MOTHERF%^&**%R!!!! DIE! DIE! DIE!"

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #3214
molson
General Manager

I have really unhealthy OCD when it comes to lines. When I go into Starbucks and just see a group of people kind of clustered around the cashier I want to throw hot coffee into all of their faces. I have no idea even where the "end of the line" is and where I'm supposed to stand. Yes, the traditional approach here is to ask someone, "are you in line?", but ya, I'd rather just throw hot coffee in their face (I said it was unhealthy.)

Last edited by molson : 02-23-2011 at 10:15 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #3215
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I have really unhealthy OCD when it comes to lines. When I go into Starbucks and just see a group of people kind of clustered around the cashier I want to throw hot coffee into all of their faces. I have no idea even where the "end of the line" is and where I'm supposed to stand. Yes, the traditional approach here is to ask someone, "are you in line?", but ya, I'd rather just throw hot coffee in their face (I said it was unhealthy.)

2 line issues that make me want to throw hot coffee in someone's face are

1. Standing in line, you get up to order and you still don't know what you want. Really?

2. A new register opens, they say "Can I help the next person in line" and the fuckhead that is #8 runs to the front. Fuck you asshole. People like that are probably the same people that ride in the lane that is closing until the point it closes and then expect people to let them in.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 02-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #3216
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post

1. Standing in line, you get up to order and you still don't know what you want. Really?

2. A new register opens, they say "Can I help the next person in line" and the fuckhead that is #8 runs to the front. Fuck you asshole. People like that are probably the same people that ride in the lane that is closing until the point it closes and then expect people to let them in.

Positive this has come up in multiple threads that DID deserve own threads, typically the pet peeves threads. And I think FOFC was pretty split as far as what is proper ettiquette-- merging ASAP and backing up the open lane, or "following directions" ('USE BOTH LANES UP TO MERGE POINTS') and riding the closing lane.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #3217
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The answer is both, just don't think you can pass up an open spot behind 10 cars in the right lane in order to speed past everyone, and if you don't quite make it to the next clearing, expect anyone to cut you slack and let you in.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM   #3218
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
just don't think you can pass up an open spot behind 10 cars in the right lane in order to speed past everyone, and if you don't quite make it to the next clearing, expect anyone to cut you slack and let you in.

I was more thinking of this type rather than just a blanket 'everyone in the closing lane is an asshat'
Old 02-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #3219
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

This one slays me. I was in a local sandwich joint that is riding a massive wave of hype the other day. I had to stand in line 20 minutes just to pick up a to-go order, and the couple in front of me spent that entire time talking the most self-centered, judgmental bullshit about seemingly every single person they'd ever met in their lives. There's a massive chalkboard hanging in the entrance, on which the entire menu is written, and any time spent in line is spent standing directly next to this humongous menu. Finally, the raging pair of douchebags ahead of me gets to the front of line, and when they step to the counter, THAT'S when they take their first sideways glance at the menu and start an extended conversation about "what's good?" with the lady running the counter.

What's good?!? What's good for you would be me not stabbing you in the neck with a pencil.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #3220
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
and start an extended conversation about "what's good?" with the lady running the counter.

The correct response by the counter person would be "What's good? Why does it matter what I think is good, I'm not eating it, you are. But, if you must know what is good the soup of the day is. Not that it is really that good, but we made too much of it and we really don't want it to go to waste and I need to push some out. Plus, as an extra incentive, we have the highest profit margin on it so it is a win-win for us."

Last edited by Mustang : 02-23-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #3221
Tim Tellean
High School JV

And now for something completely different

hxxp://www.flixxy.com/athletic-girl-lunga-musical-africa.htm

Amazing.>>
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #3222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I am the same exact way. There is a Dunkin Donuts I refuse to go to because it is a mob around the ordering area and the workers scream "NEXT NEXT" before they are even done helping the current customer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #3223
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

'Tis the truth. No excuse!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #3224
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I dislike a good number of The Daily Show's current correspondents. In particular, I hate the Kristen/Kristin girl. Gives a bad name to Kristi(e)n's everywhere. And Olivia M. Talentless. Not really a fan of Asaaf Monvi either.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #3225
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I called my boss this morning and gave him my two week's notice. He is supposed to call me back at some point. I wish I was a fly on the wall in the office. I am certain that I won't work the two weeks since I'm going to a competitor...so I'm just waiting on them to give me the word to bring my truck and laptop in.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #3226
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
so I'm just waiting on them to give me the word to bring my truck and laptop in.

Congrats.

Now go doublecheck & make sure you've removed everything from that laptop that you want to keep (or destroy evidence of)
Old 02-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #3227
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Done. Hope I still have that quicken 2009 disk and that I have my code to install ootp 11 on my new laptop. Music and photos are gone as well as my personal documents.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #3228
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I dislike a good number of The Daily Show's current correspondents. In particular, I hate the Kristen/Kristin girl. Gives a bad name to Kristi(e)n's everywhere. And Olivia M. Talentless. Not really a fan of Asaaf Monvi either.

/tk

definitely agree on Olivia Munn. So-so on the Kristen chick. I like Monvi though.

In general, the correspondent bits are my least favorite part of the show, especially when they are in the studio. Their on-location bits are usually much better.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #3229
molson
General Manager

I've never seen Mad Men, but it's weird to think that right now, in my office, if this was 1962, I could ask my secretary to bring me some Scotch and a cigarette, and she totally would.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #3230
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I've never seen Mad Men, but it's weird to think that right now, in my office, if this was 1962, I could ask my secretary to blow me, and she totally would.

Fixed.

Last edited by Logan : 02-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 PM   #3231
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
definitely agree on Olivia Munn. So-so on the Kristen chick. I like Monvi though.

In general, the correspondent bits are my least favorite part of the show, especially when they are in the studio. Their on-location bits are usually much better.

Olivia Munn is smokin hot so she can stay.

Favorite to least favorite of the other correspondants/frequent contributors:

John Oliver
Larry Wilmore
Wyatt
Aasif
John Hodgman
Sam Bee
Jason Jones
Kristen Schaal

The first 3 are all spectacular IMO. Aasif and Hodgman I generally enjoy. The other 3 I could totally do without.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #3232
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Phrase of the day - Debaucherous Social Activism
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #3233
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Fixed.

The 60s were sure a hell of a time to be white, male, and employed.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:13 PM   #3234
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Getting a chance to work on a project with some of my favorite people I've worked with over the years. Absolute pros, just a joy to deal with people like that. Kind of sad to realize how much their professionalism makes them stand out from the crowd & how much more pleasant it makes work than the norm.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:37 PM   #3235
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

If you're wondering where Pumpy has been, apparently he's in Bollywood.

I went to watch "7 Khoon Maaf" last night and he plays a mute servant named Gunga. I'm looking for a picture online but can't find it.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 PM   #3236
MJ4H
Coordinator

I can't be the only one that thinks that t-mobile mytouch girl is amazingly hot
Old 02-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #3237
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
I can't be the only one that thinks that t-mobile mytouch girl is amazingly hot

If you mean this one then I can only say I hope she's more appealing in the ad than the stills that go with the article I just linked.

As for the woman rocking said frock? Sorry to disappoint the substantial number of folks online who seem convinced that it's the soon-to-be Mrs. Donald Draper from "Mad Men" (a.k.a. actress Jessica Paré), but her name is actually Carly Foulkes, a model whose face may feel familiar since she's appeared in a spate of Rugby Ralph Lauren ads.

But it turns out Paré and Foulkes have more in common than just a certain look -- both hail from north of the border; Paré was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Foulkes is from Toronto.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:45 PM   #3238
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

what the fuck is wrong with some of the people on this board these days
Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #3239
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
If you mean this one then I can only say I hope she's more appealing in the ad than the stills that go with the article I just linked.

As for the woman rocking said frock? Sorry to disappoint the substantial number of folks online who seem convinced that it's the soon-to-be Mrs. Donald Draper from "Mad Men" (a.k.a. actress Jessica Paré), but her name is actually Carly Foulkes, a model whose face may feel familiar since she's appeared in a spate of Rugby Ralph Lauren ads.

But it turns out Paré and Foulkes have more in common than just a certain look -- both hail from north of the border; Paré was born in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Foulkes is from Toronto.

The ad is on that page, too. She is hotter than the sun.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #3240
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
The ad is on that page, too. She is hotter than the sun.

Damn, her face scared me so badly in the two still shots that I don't think I recognized that the big Play arrow was even on the bottom thing.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM   #3241
MJ4H
Coordinator

Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #3242
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Wife and I had Thai food with the hopes that our firstborn will come soon.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #3243
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post

Play with her nipples, that supposedly works
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:24 PM   #3244
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post

If that doesn't do the trick, I understand that some eggplant dishes are virtual guarantees (indeed at least a couple of ATL restaurants do guarantee them to start labor within 48 hours). I'll spare you the details of how & why I'm told that works, but if you hit the point of "anything to get this party started", that's supposedly the ticket.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #3245
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

A "nesting instinct" might tell you when it's time. Happened with our first. I came home from work and my wife had cleaned everything - I mean, took out the silverware and cleaned the drawer, completely reorganized the junk drawer, closets, etc. 24-36 hours later, we were in the delivery room.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-24-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #3246
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

mine went into labor after shoveling snow.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #3247
Autumn
Head Coach

Perineal massage is the key, folks.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #3248
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Play with her nipples, that supposedly works

I think that led to the start of all this.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #3249
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think that led to the start of all this.

The circle of life is now complete...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #3250
DanGarion
Coordinator

When did this become the baby thread?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote