Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #51
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Peregrine,

What does the cap hit look like for QB Rufus Pucillo who moved around each season, but usually signed multi-year deals. Are they not guaranteed contracts so only the bonus money will be counted toward the cap the next year the QB is with another team. And I wonder how QB Rufus Pucillo can keep going back to Atlanta even though they released/cut him a couple of times? Great Dynasty, and I would like to see another one.

Well I think this is a combination of things, for one, the fact that he moved around from team to team is something you would see a lot in 2K4, and I think has moved over. I doubt there were cap issues, because he was usually signed to two year deals with no signing bonus, so it was basically a straight cash for play situation. Also, something that might be a new quirk or bug in 2K7, more than once he was released by a team, only to be re-signed by them the same year. This doesn't make much sense, since it didn't gain them any cap room since it was the same contract they signed with him.

In terms of going back, one of the changes in 2K7 is for minimum salary veterans, you can release them and they will often come back without the whole "past injustices" thing.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #52
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosFan View Post
How did philly wind up with Jamal Antonius at the 1st overall pick while they had Gaylor? They seemed to have at least an average if not a playoff caliber team almost every year.

Well the Eagles had a really bizarre turn of events to have that happen. In 2022 they went 13-3 but were bounced out of the playoffs. in 2023 they went 4-12, which gave them the first overall pick which they spent on Antonius, makes sense really since Gaylor was long in the tooth there. The very next season they reversed those numbers to go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl. Gives a new meaning to worst to first, doesn't it? Notice anything in Gaylor's stats that happened in 2023? Basically he was so important to the team that the year he got hurt, they completely fell apart, then once he was back (and with some nice draft picks) they went to the Super Bowl.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #53
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas in Cinti View Post
OK... any Team or League HOF there? Pick us another batch... same position/draft distribution... maybe one of the lower guys will work out better this time...

-Chas

Well there hasn't been enough time to see about the HOF, I'm sure Gaylor will be in, as I play the next batch I'll let you know.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #54
Izulde
Head Coach

What were Peterson's final pass cover #s?

Gaylor. Man, what an awesome, awesome QB. A little dissapointing that he wound up 3 TDs short of 400, though. What all records does he own?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #55
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
What were Peterson's final pass cover #s?

Gaylor. Man, what an awesome, awesome QB. A little dissapointing that he wound up 3 TDs short of 400, though. What all records does he own?

Here you go. He was never a dominating cover guy, run defense was his specialty.

As far as Gaylor, he basically is the #2 all-time QB in my league, one guy, Don Knowlton, is ahead of him and Gaylor is #2 in most areas, like passing yards, touchdowns, completions, etc. Knowlton was a master quarterback who played for the Raiders, he holds a lot of records, including most passing yards in a season (5182.) This actually brings up something that I'm concerned about in 2K7, I know this has been mentioned on the boards, but I think at 100 the injuries are a bit light, quite a few QBs played for one team their whole careers and missed only 3 or 4 games in 15 seasons, that seems a bit unrealistic.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think yabanci always recommended 200 for the injury setting, I guess this version is no different.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #57
Thomkal
Head Coach

Enjoyed the dynasty Peregrine. I'd like to see it done again, maybe throw a kicker in there for fun.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #58
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Here's our new squad of recruits, it's definitely a different draft, and a lot shallower in many positions than our original draft. I tried to find a decent kicker Thomkal but the best one was only average. I did however add a Tight End, and a guy with a great nickname.

2028 draftees

QB Craig Wolfe – Louisiana-Lafayette – This is definitely a weak draft for quarterbacks, there are three of roughly similar ability but all are pretty far down the overall draft sheet, and all of them show some weaknesses. We'll focus on Craig Wolfe, our scouts think he's underrated and he's the smartest of the three but he's volatile, and seems to lack sense rush and reading defenses skills.

QB Martin Hilgendorf – NC Central – Martin is a quarterback much farther down the list, one who may struggle to even reach a NFL roster. He's a roll-out quarterback who likes to scramble, and is pretty fast, but his arm for throwing long passes is suspect.

RB Duane Haygood – Boston College – Duane is the best RB available and looks to have the total package of skills, and looks like a good receiver. He's the fastest back available at 4.43 and looks to be a threat, he should go pretty fast in the draft.

RB Luke Dimaio – Western Carolina – Luke has some talent, especially as a power runner, but certainly isn't going to bring the total package, in fact it's questionable what he will bring besides power. He didn't work out at the combine but scored well in the position drill and has some volatility to possibly breakout as a later round pick.

TE Donnell Woodard – Oklahoma – Donnell is the top tight end available, and looks to bring his 6'4” 263 pound frame to bear in the blocking game and also in the passing game. He has excellent endurance, and on top of this, our scout thinks he's underrated. Of course, what I'm most interested to see is that Donnell is a Red Flag player, what effects will this have?

WR Ty Prescott – UCLA – Ty is a highly rated prospect, probably the best receiver available, and also our scout thinks he's very underrated, he's going to bring the complete skill set, as well as 4.37 speed, to the table.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Mississippi State – Ricardo looks to be an overachieving DE, while his overall scout rating is around the 13th best DE in the draft, our scout pegs him as very underrated, and he looks to have some nice skills across the board. His volatility is very low, so what you see is probably what you get.

DT Richie Thornton – West Texas A&M – Richie is listed as the third best DT on the board, but it's a pretty tight competition, and I think he stands out, our scout thinks he's very underrated, and pegs him as top-notch in terms of run defense, endurance and pass rush technique. He didn't work out at the combine and does have some volatility (77.)

SILB – Peter Hanks – Arizona State – Peter is an interesting player, in terms of scouting he's listed as the top ILB available, but for one thing, our scout thinks he's very overrated, and also he hardly shows any skills in run defense, though he looks like a great pass rusher and coverage LB. Personally I'd never put a guy in my MLB spot who couldn't stop the run, but he may find a good fit with some team, it will be interesting to see.

SLB Crime Dog Stokes – Georgia Tech – Should I be picking a player because of a nickname? Hey, why not. Crime Dog is an average pick at best, but he shows some talent as a runstopper, and he has decent volatility, so he might be able to play at the NFL level.

CB Rodney England – Air Force – Rodney is a quality cornerback with great coverage skills, especially in zone and bump-and-run, and is a ballhawk and a heavy hitter, as well. Our scout thinks he's underrated and he's shown very little volatility so he should make someone a good first round pick.

S Brenden Hou – Lasalle – Brenden is a physical beast, and possibly the top rated player in the draft. Our scout thinks he's overrated a bit, but he looks like he brings excellent coverage skills in any scheme, plus interceptions, and returns. He also brings 4.32 speed, making him the fastest player available in the entire draft. This guy is going to be good.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-01-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:17 PM   #59
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2028 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – DolphinFan1 gets his wish, as Craig is selected at #12 by Miami. He'll have some strong competition from Terrell Burroughs who was selected at #4 by the Dolphins the previous year. Hmm, something's got to give here. Apparently Craig decided to add to the confusion by holding out, he wasn't signed until week 4. Craig didn't play at all this year, there's a really crowded QB situation in Miami.

QB Martin Hilgendorf – Green Bay – Martin wasn't drafted but was signed to a one year rookie deal by Green Bay. He looks pretty bad and I think he'll be washed out of the NFL shortly. He stayed on the roster all year but never saw a play, as expected.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane went to the Browns with the #7 pick.He looks like a HUGE upgrade for them at running back. Duane was as good as advertised, running 307 times for 1178 yards and four TDs and adding another 256 yards via catches. He was named the Offensive Rookie of the Year.

RB Luke Dimaio – Baltimore – Luke went to the Ravens in the third round. He doesn't look great but he could probably land the backup spot easily for now. Luke had a good camp and I have to admit, looked better than I expected, he's still a power back first and foremost but his other skills are not bad. He showed this by getting a lot of touches this year, running 193 times for 814 yards and 4 touchdowns as the backup.

TE Donnell Woodard – New England – The Patriots picked up Red Flag Donnell at the 24th spot overall. It's hard to say if the Red Flag had anything to do with it, since TE is not a position that will usually get selected early, but Donnell does look like a special player. He's already rated higher than any of their other TEs or receivers. Donnell had a decent but not great year, as a receiver he had 27 catches for 271 yards, but he didn't look as effective as a blocker as expected. He definitely needs more experience as a blocker.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty was selected first overall by the Washington Redskins. When you pick a receiver with the first overall pick you're making a statement. I guess the Skins' statement was, our receivers suck, but we have a really sharp QB Lee Ross who we drafted as the 2nd overall pick last year and we hope these guys will be a great combo. Well, things turned out a bit differently, for one, Lee Ross seems to have busted rather badly, and is pretty terrible now. Washington floundered with a mediocre QB and terrible OL, and didn't get much of a passing game going. Ty was completely wasted, and worse, seemed ignored, managing only 30 catches for 370 yards and a touchdown on the year. This looks like a bad situation.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Atlanta – Ricardo went to Atlanta with the 13th pick in the 3rd round. If his skills pan out he should be an asset to an average set of DEs. Joyner looks like he has a ton of upside, but he'll need the playing time to develop it. He played sparingly as a backup, recording 9 tackles and 2 sacks.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie was selected 9th overall by the Chiefs. They already have a couple of pretty good DTs so it will be interesting to see what happens here. All I say about Richie is Wow, he exploded after camp and looks like he's a real monster, as our scouts see him at 86/86 at the end of the year. He started all year and looked good against the run, recording 55 tackles and 10 assists.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter went 10th overall to Atlanta. They desperately need someone at middle linebacker so this looks like a good choice. Peter had a good year and looks like he will be better in the run game than expected. He had 58 tackles, 27 assists, and 1.5 sacks on the year.

SLB Crime Dog Stokes – Dallas – Crime Dog wasn't drafted but signed a one year deal with Dallas. He's got some potential in run defense and pass defense technique but will probably end up a career backup. Crime Dog only ended up with 4 tackles and 2 assists on the year and will probably have to fight to sign with another team next year.

CB Rodney England – Green Bay – Rodney went 28th overall to Green Bay. He's moving into a crowded CB core dominated by monster cover corner Gene Murray, but Rodney will find plenty of work here as he develops. Rodney came out of camp charged up and ready to go, with tons of upside, but his season came to a crashing halt in week 1 when he suffered a torn biceps muscle and had to be put on IR. It looks like it hasn't affected his skills too badly at least.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden went 5th overall to St. Louis. The Rams have an excellent strong safety but Brenden will be a great fit at free safety to really bring the Rams secondary up to a great level. Brenden proved to be the monster everyone expected, looking like an All-World player with excellent skills across the board. Let's see, 60 tackles, 15 assists, a sack, and 6 interceptions enough for you? How about Defensive Rookie of the Year, and 1st Team Pro-Bowl Safety. He had an 88.2 Pass Defense percentage, quite nice for a first year player.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:21 AM   #60
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2029 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – Craig is the 4th QB on Miami's roster and didn't play any all year. He really needs some playing time somewhere to develop into a decent quarterback.

QB Martin Hilgendorf – San Francisco – Despite his very marginal skils, he was signed by the 49ers to a one year deal as a backup. He had 2 completions for 33 yards on the season. At least he got to do a lot of kick holding, which he's good at.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane continues to look like a star running back, improving on last year to a 4.20 average, with 282 carries for 1184 and 13 touchdowns. He also added 342 yards receiving and 6 more touchdowns that way, but somehow was passed over for a Pro Bowl nod. He did lead the league in rushing touchdowns.

RB Luke Dimaio – Baltimore – Luke has improved even more since last year (or possibly a new scout) but he was named the starter for Baltimore, and ran for 1136 yards on 286 carries, and 6 touchdowns.

TE Donnell Woodard – New England – Donnell got a little more involved in the passing game this year, he had 36 catches for 335 yards and 4 touchdowns. He also made a few more blocks. (It's hard for me to figure out how much impact a TE is having, even the best TEs in the game don't record many KRBs, for example.)

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty has to feel that he is wasted on this team, the Redskins are a run-first team with a weak quarterback who doesn't seem to care who he throws it to. Ty had only 33 catches for 460 yards and 2 touchdowns this year. This is an incredible waste of talent.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Atlanta – Ricardo was given the starting spot at LDE for the Falcons, and had 17 tackles, 11 assists, and 4.5 sacks, not a very good year overal, but he's got a lot of room to improve.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City –.Richie was moved into more of a pass rush role this season and it showed, his tackles dropped to 36, assists were up to 20, but he recorded 7 sacks. He's got star DT talent in pretty much any role.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter keeps improving, a guy that was scouted as virtually nil run defense is now scouted as 73 in that area, in addition to top-notch skills across the board everywhere else. He's anchoring Atlanta's defense but his stats were down a bit from last year because of a leg injury that cost him 2 starts. He ended up with 53 tackles, 16 assists, and a sack, along with an interception.

SLB Crime Dog Stokes – Crime Dog was given a chance by Cincinnati but didn't make the cut, he's a free agent and might retire soon.

CB Rodney England – Green Bay – Rodney bounced back from his injury last year and his team even sent him to summer league, he started all year and had 42 tackles, 13 assists, and 3 interceptions with a 83.1 Pass Defense %.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden disappointed some with no interceptions this year, but he had 58 tackles and 25 assists to stay consistent against the run.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:25 AM   #61
Thomkal
Head Coach

Boo! No Kicker! I am glad to see a red flag player though, pretty funny that New England of all teams would pick up a red flag player. And love Crime Dog! How could he not have a long career with that nickname?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #62
SunDevil
College Prospect

Would be kind of interesting what Washington's reaction/price tag would be if a team wanted to trade for their very talented WR. He is not being used that much, I wonder if Washington would say like we do not use him that much, but he would be great on your team, so would his lack of stats play too much into their decision and undervalue him, or would they ask for the bank because of this stats and potential?
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #63
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
Would be kind of interesting what Washington's reaction/price tag would be if a team wanted to trade for their very talented WR. He is not being used that much, I wonder if Washington would say like we do not use him that much, but he would be great on your team, so would his lack of stats play too much into their decision and undervalue him, or would they ask for the bank because of this stats and potential?

It's a good question, I certainly hate to see him wasted, according to his scouted numbers, he's the second best WR in the NFL, and he's wasting away hardly doing anything. The funny thing is there was another 1st overall WR in my game quite a few years ago, and the same thing happened to him, he got stuck on some team and never made an impact.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #64
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2030 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – A new year, same story for Craig as he rots on the bench.

QB Martin Hilgendorf – Martin is a free agent waiting for a job.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane continues to be the star player of this group, he rips his way to 1308 yards and 7 touchdowns on the ground, and 519 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air. He is named 1st Team Pro-Bowl and Offensive Player of the Year.

RB Luke Dimaio – Denver – Apparently Baltimore wanted a different approach so they released Luke and he signed with Denver on a 4 year, $23 million deal, not bad for a third round pick! Again he was in a platoon situation with another back but he impressed a lot of people with 171 carries for 850 yards and a touchdown

TE Donnell Woodard – New England – Donnell suffered a shoulder injury which cost him a couplr of games but he won't complain as he got a championship ring at the end of the season. He wasn't a big part of the Patriots passing attack except as a big target in the end zone, he had 17 catches for 194 yards for four of those catches were for touchdowns.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – .Washington went 2-14 this year, and though they keep adding a lot of great draft picks they don't seem to be able to get it together. At least this year they get the ball to Ty a bit more, he ended up with 51 catches for 762 yards and 5 touchdowns.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Atlanta – Ricardo was a backup, and didn't play much this year, he had 6 tackles, 4 assists, and 2 sacks on the year.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City –.Richie had a knee injury which cost him three games, he ended up with 37 tackles, 14 assists, and 4 sacks on the year.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter really broke out this year, with 80 tackles, 33 assists, and 3 sacks, he's really looking like a great player.

SLB Crime Dog Stokes – Well Stokes is obviously going nowhere, he is signed by Minnesota but cut before the season starts.

CB Rodney England – Green Bay – Rodney continued his high level of play and improved from last year, in only 14 games due to injury, he had 49 tackles, 12 assists, and an interception.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden suffered a couple different injuries that cost him a couple of games, and overall had a weak year as he fought through them. He had 46 tackles, 16 assists, half a sack and an interception. I wonder if the Rams are getting a bit worried that his tackle totals are declining each year?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:19 PM   #65
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well it's obvious that this set of players is for the most part a lot less interesting than the last one, it's hard to predict a shallow draft pool and even harder to predict who will play well starting as a lower pick, I think Luke Demaio is probably the best example here of a guy who's really played well as an unheralded player, if you break apart his numbers, this guy is good, he's getting into the endzone and he's putting up impressive averages.

2031 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – Craig re-signed with Miami for 2 years and $7.8 million, but is still the third QB, and looks like he won't have a chance to move up barring some major personnel changes.

QB Martin Hilgendorf – Martin retired, obviously he wasn't cut out for the NFL.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane keeps getting better and better, he had a great year, 306 carries for 1460 yards and 11 touchdowns rushing, 515 yards receiving and 6 more touchdowns through the air. He repeats as Offensive Player of the Year and 1st Team Pro-Bowl RB. He led the league in rushing yards this year.

RB Luke Dimaio – Denver – Denver signed Luke to a 3 year, $9.9 million deal to be their backup RB, and he continued to reward them, with 180 carries for 804 yards and 7 touchdowns. The primary, Joe Crane, had another 1004 yards, between them they really chewed up opponents' defenses this year.

TE Donnell Woodard – New England – Donnell had another decent year but again didn't get involved in the passing game too much, he had 22 catches for 289 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also recorded a few blocks.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – .Ty seemed to take a step back this year, mostly because the Redskin quarterback was an undrafted second year player who doesn't seem to have much talent. What a waste. Ty had 38 catches for 552 yards and 4 touchdowns.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Philadelphia – Ricardo was released by the Falcons and signed by the Eagles in week 3. He got to start 3 games to fill in for injuries and had 9 tackles, 2 assists, and 3 sacks on the season.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City –.Richie didn't have an inspired year, but he had 39 tackles, 13 assists and 4 sacks on the year, he is definitely being used more in the passing game and his hurries and QB knockdowns show it.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter fell off a bit from his great season last year, but he still had 64 tackles, 36 assists, and half a sack playing out of the middle linebacker spot.

SLB Crime Dog Stokes – Crime Dog retired, and headed for his future job as a county sheriff. Don't mess with the Crime Dog!

CB Rodney England – Green Bay – Rodney had one interception, 33 tackles, 7 assists and a sack this year, his numbers dropped mostly because he played less, the Packers have a good squad of cornerbacks are are trying to cut them all in on the playing time.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden played his way through three minor injuries this year but didn't lose a start, and he really bounced back this season in a huge way, with 2 interceptions, 87 tackles, and 27 assists on the year. He was awarded a 1st Team Pro Bowl nod.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:51 PM   #66
Peregrine
Pro Starter

032 season

Well the big news is, Thomas Gaylor was named a member of the Hall of Fame this season, with 100% of the vote. He's really one of the legendary quarterbacks of this league, and with 25 seasons of data, you know that really means something. There doesn't even seem to be an active QB on the radar who can get close to Gaylor and Justin Slatt's career yardage numbers ( 61921 and 67790, respectively.) The best candidate was Winfred Springer, who you may remember from Wes McCarthy's last years, but he retired last season without breaking 60K. Way to go Thomas.

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – Well Craig seems content to keep signing two year deals with Miami and hold a clipboard. I guess it's good work if you can get it, for millions a year.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane was up for free agency this year, so Cleveland stepped up huge with a 6 year, $172 million contract! Unfortunately Duane had an off year, only getting 1028 yards on 294 carries, and 10 touchdowns. He did have 565 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air.

RB Luke Dimaio – Denver – Luke's carries were cut a bit this year as the Broncos added a third RB to the equation, sounds like the real life Broncos doesn't it? He had 149 carries for 497 yards and only made it into the endzone once.

TE Donnell Woodard – Washington – Donnell came up for free agency and was repeatedly passed over, before he signed with Washington on a one year, low money deal. I'm not sure if this is because of his red flag or the usual FOF thing where some good free agents get skipped over and never signed. In any case, he had 21 catches for 250 yards and a touchdown, with a few blocks. I tell you, it's difficult and a bit boring trying to figure out if a TE is having a good year, even with great catching skills, very few of them rack up a lot of receiving yards.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Washington finally signed a decent QB, journeyman Jay Narvaez, and he had a decent year for them. He got the ball to Ty more, so he had his best year yet, 55 catches for 923 yards and 5 touchdowns.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Dallas – Ricardo is taking the Glenn Pound route, changing teams each year, and this year he ended up in Dallas, where he actually got a good bit of playing time, starting in 10 games, and recording 18 tackles, 6 assists, and 5 sacks for his best year yet.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City –.Richie is going to stay in KC for a while, as he signed a 6 year, $124 million contract. He really got his act together this year and played up to his potential, recording 44 tackles, 25 assists, and 10.5 sacks to get recognized as a 2nd team All-Pro.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter signed a 3 year, $55 million contract with the Falcons. He also had a good year on the field, with 79 tackles, 19 assists, and 2.5 sacks.

CB Rodney England – Green Bay – Rodney really exploded this year, recording 65 tackles and 21 assists on the year.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden is really starting to look a bit injury prone, as he suffered a groin injury, thumb injury and a elbow injury that cost him 3 starts between them. He ended up with 54 tackles, 21 assists, half a sack and an interception, obviously fighting through those injuries slowed him down.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #67
Izulde
Head Coach

Haygood no doubt is a hero in blue-collar Cleveland.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #68
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2033 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Miami – Exciting news! In what must have been a case of mistaken identity, Craig was sent onto the field for two plays this season! He had two passes, with one completion for 2 yards. Wow, Craig, savor this moment, you'll probably be like Moonlight Graham in 60 years.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Cleveland is giving a third-rate backup a good many of Duane's carries, which is really hurting his numbers, he again scraped into 1000 yard territory, with 1042 yards and only 3 touchdowns. Receiving he had 387 yards and 3 touchdowns.

RB Luke Dimaio – Philadelphia – Luke was signed by the Eagles to a one-year deal. His skills are fading a bit and so are his carries, he had 123 carries for 488 yards and four touchdowns.

TE Donnell Woodard – San Diego – Donnelle was signed to a 3 year, $17 million deal by the Chargers. Apparently they decided they had other tight ends to use, because he barely played this season, getting only 4 catches for 52 yards. Our new scout isn't as impressed by Donnell as the old one was and it looks like the Chargers agreed.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty continued his road into obscurity with a 50 catch, 771 yard season and 5 touchdowns.

I did some research and found an interesting pattern, I posted it on the main board under FOF2K7 receiving yards issue, it looks like there's a major bug or problem with receiving yards.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Ricardo was released and was a free agent this year.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City –.Riche had a horrible season, with only 31 tackles, 13 assist, and 1 sack, despite playing in more pass plays than last year. Hopefully he'll rebound next year.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter continues to anchor Atlanta's defense, with 68 tackles, 21 assists, and a sack.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney signed with Dallas in free agency, grabbing a 4 year, $45 million deal. This sparked his best season yet, as he recorded 6 interceptions, 48 tackles, 10 assists, and 2 sacks, and was named 1st team Pro Bowl cornerback.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden had the franchise tag put on him this season, he's that important to the Rams. He then re-negotiated for a 4 year, $58 million deal. On the year, he had 2 interceptions, 65 tackles, 27 assists, and a sack.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:08 PM   #69
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane was up for free agency this year, so Cleveland stepped up huge with a 6 year, $172 million contract! Unfortunately Duane had an off year, only getting 1028 yards on 294 carries, and 10 touchdowns. He did have 565 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air.

Quote:
RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Cleveland is giving a third-rate backup a good many of Duane's carries, which is really hurting his numbers, he again scraped into 1000 yard territory, with 1042 yards and only 3 touchdowns. Receiving he had 387 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Again, we saw this in the first dynasty, why in the hell would a team pay that much money to a starter only to give a lot of the carries to a third-rate backup? Also with you being pretty far in the timeline for the league, teams can actually afford making contracts in the 172 million range? Talk about inflation.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:14 AM   #70
Kobeck
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well the big news is, Thomas Gaylor was named a member of the Hall of Fame this season, with 100% of the vote. He's really one of the legendary quarterbacks of this league, and with 25 seasons of data, you know that really means something.

The arbitary 20 year limit has been removed?

I have FOF2007, but I have not simmed out that far. This is excellent news.

Are the Agents still immortal?
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #71
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
The arbitary 20 year limit has been removed?

I have FOF2007, but I have not simmed out that far. This is excellent news.

Are the Agents still immortal?

Well I'm not sure what the 20 year limit is/was, but the agents seem normal, I can't find one older than about 45-46, before would they age or just not be replaced?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #72
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I will continue the dynasty, though the playing time issue with the new game that Jim is looking at and is being discussed in several threads is definitely impacting us, we really can't expect Prescott and to some extente Haygood and maybe other players to be getting realistic stats, but on we'll go anyway.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #73
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2034 season

QB Craig Wolfe –Baltimore – Well Craig was cut loose by Miami and ended up in Baltimore on a one year deal, where he's in a better situation, the primary backup to the very talented Greg Reese. He made it to the field during four games, and had 13 completions for 87 yards and two touchdowns.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane seems to have set into a pattern, as he again had 255 carries for 1069 yards and 6 touchdowns. He's getting heavily affected by the playing time issue and his backups are stealing a lot of carries.

RB Luke Dimaio – Miami – Luke went to Miami for a one year deal. He was used sparingly as a backup, and had 68 carries for 239 yards and a touchdown.

TE Donnell Woodard – San Diego – Donnell is suffering from lack of playing time because he's the second fiddle to one of the top TEs in the league, Tommie Samuels. He started only 3 games and had 9 catches for 118 yards.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – .Ty had 61 catches for 900 yards and 3 touchdowns. He's Mr. Playing Time Bug.

DE Ricardo Joyner – Ricardo retired.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie had 49 tackles, 18 assists and 6 sacks on the year, as he really bounced back from last year's poor performance.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter signed a new deal with Atlanta for 3 years and $97 million. He also had a career year, with 85 tackles, 30 assists, and 3 sacks. What's really impressive is Atlanta has a SLB who put up over 100 tackles, so the Falcons really have a dominating linebacker corps.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney struggled this season, getting only 26 tackles, 7 assists, half a sack, and two interceptions. His pass cover abilities were still impressive though.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden was very consistent from last year, recording 66 tackles, 19 assists, a sack, and an interception. He is really an impressive player, day in and day out.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #74
Kobeck
n00b

Quote:
Well I'm not sure what the 20 year limit is/was, but the agents seem normal, I can't find one older than about 45-46, before would they age or just not be replaced?

In FOF2k4 20 year careers were the limit. Probably only kickers go that far anyhow.

In FOF2k4 agents did not age from year to year
Kobeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:06 PM   #75
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well I haven't seen any one person play for 20 years yet, I just meant I have simmed through 25 years of play.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:44 AM   #76
T-Storm
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobeck View Post
In FOF2k4 20 year careers were the limit. Probably only kickers go that far anyhow.

In FOF2k4 agents did not age from year to year

There was no limit in 2k4. You're probably mixing that up with Madden.
T-Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #77
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
QB Rufus Pucillo – Cincinnati – The Bengals, in more strange contract behavior, released Rufus in pre-season, then re-signed him before training camp to a new 2 year, $6 million deal. They also picked up a sharp looking rookie QB, Sammy Bryant, in the 1st round, so Pucillo's days are probably numbered with this team. He started all year, but wasn't very impressive, throwing for only 2476 yards, with 13 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. This is the kind of performance that is going to get him replaced.

Quote:
QB Rufus Pucillo – Cincinnati – It all came together for Cincinnati this year, and they drove all the way to the Super Bowl before losing a tight one to Chicago and uber-QB Justin Slatt. Unfortunately it wasn't Rufus doing the throwing, he was put on the bench after his first start and Willie Fulton was given the job. Rufus on the season had 313 yards and touchdown.It's hard to look at him as starting QB material for pretty much any team.

Great dynasty. Interesting situation in the first run. Cincinnati spent a first round pick on Sammy Bryant, but the next year a quarterback named Willie Fulton got the starting job? Who's Fulton? What happen to Bryant? I'm just confused as to why Bryant wasn't a starter.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:06 AM   #78
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'll have to check, I think Bryant ended up being a bust and they had to sign a new free agent.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #79
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2035 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Dallas – Craig was signed by Dallas on a one-year deal as a backup, and as usual spent most of the year on the bench, he did complete one 5 yard pass on the season though.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane signed a 4 year, $105 million new contract with the Browns at the start of the season. Unfortunately he struggled this year, getting only 954 yards on 284 carries, though he did get 11 touchdowns. He added 428 yards receiving and a touchdown. The Browns added a better backup but it seems that Duane's skills are slipping a little, plus Cleveland's offensive line problems are really hurting him.

RB Luke Dimaio – Miami – Luke signed a two year deal with Miami for $4.4 million as their backup. This year he had 157 carries for 526 yards and a touchdown.

TE Donnell Woodard – Minnesota – Donnell signed with Minnesota on a one-year deal. He caught 20 passes for 296 yards and 2 touchdowns and had the best blocking season of his career, with 5 KRBs.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty kept it very consistent, with 53 catches for 900 yards, but he did have 9 touchdowns which is a career high for him.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie recorded 48 tackles, 18 assists, and 6.5 sacks, he seems to have fallen into a rhythm at this point in his career, very good performances but not fantastic ones. I certainly don't think KC regrets picking him, though.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter lost a couple games because of injuries, but recorded 63 tackles, 23 assists, and 2.5 sacks this season.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney had 40 tackles and 8 assists this year, and went without an interception which is rare for him.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – This year was not a good one health-wise for Brenden, as he hurt his knee and kept re-injuring it through the season, but he still managed to start every game despite the pain. He didn't even seem affected by it too much, as he had 61 tackles, and 27 assists, as well as an interception on the year. At this point Brenden is recognized as the best safety in the league, ability wise.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #80
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll have to check, I think Bryant ended up being a bust and they had to sign a new free agent.

Yep, this was the case, Bryant completely fell apart in camp and ended up retiring without even making a throw.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #81
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2036 season

QB Craig Wolfe – St. Louis – Craig was signed by the Rams as a backup, he had one 9 yard pass.

RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane announced his retirement at the beginning of the season, he said the wear and tear on his body had been too much and he wanted to spend more time with his family. He was the only “star” offensive player out of our selections this time, so this is disappointing.

RB Luke Dimaio – New Orleans – Luke was signed by New Orleans and played very sparingly as a backup, but in week 7 he suffered a very serious elbow injury, was put on injured reserve, and it looks like his career may be over at this point. He had 2 rushes for 0 yards this season.

TE Donnell Woodard – Tampa Bay – Donnell is wandering from team to team now, and he was a backup TE for the Bucs this season, he did have 19 catches for 272 yards and 1 touchdown though.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty had 53 catches for 857 yards and 7 touchdowns. Basically as long as the starter playing time problem is still around, he won't put up realistic stats.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie had 42 tackles, 19 assists and 5.5 sacks for another solid year, he did suffer a foot injury at the end of the year though which has seemed to affect his ratings.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter signed a new deal with Atlanta for 3 years and $93 million. He's really starting to cash in some big money these last few years. He paid back Atlanta with a career year, 100 tackles, 30 assists, 2 sacks and an interception.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney had a barrage of injuries this year that ciost him three starts, he had 33 tackles, 2 assists, half a sack, and an interception.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden's knee injury from last season continued to give him trouble, as he suffered multiple knee injuries this year which kept him out of several games. Is this the kind of injury that will force an early retirement? In 11 starts he had 40 tackles, 16 assists and an interception.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #82
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
RB Duane Haygood – Cleveland – Duane signed a 4 year, $105 million new contract with the Browns at the start of the season. Unfortunately he struggled this year, getting only 954 yards on 284 carries, though he did get 11 touchdowns. He added 428 yards receiving and a touchdown. The Browns added a better backup but it seems that Duane's skills are slipping a little, plus Cleveland's offensive line problems are really hurting him.

Quote:
Duane announced his retirement at the beginning of the season, he said the wear and tear on his body had been too much and he wanted to spend more time with his family. He was the only “star” offensive player out of our selections this time, so this is disappointing.

Why would a guy retire when he still had 80 something million left on his contract? Did he get cut and then retire as a free agent? Is there more to this or should this be expected from this game based on history?
Old 11-07-2006, 02:55 PM   #83
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yep, this was the case, Bryant completely fell apart in camp and ended up retiring without even making a throw.

That's a very extreme bust for a first round pick.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #84
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
That's a very extreme bust for a first round pick.

Yeah, but possible, I've seen a very good 2nd round pick, a guy I would consider a 40/70 QB, bust so bad after camp that no team would sign him.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #85
Izulde
Head Coach

Is it just me or do RBs have a lot shorter careers in this game?

Old 11-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #86
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2037 season

QB Craig Wolfe – San Francisco – Craig continues his tour around the country as a backup, though he didn't see the field this year.

RB Luke Dimaio – After his injury last year, Luke called it quits and announced he would retire.

TE Donnell Woodard – New Orleans – Donnell is signed by the Saints on a one-year deal, he didn't play much, and only caught 4 passes for 40 yards.

WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty decided to hold out at the start of the season but ended up coming back during pre-season. His numbers continue to drop, he had 47 catches for 732 yards and 3 touchdowns.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie suffered a ribcage and ankle injury and could only start 12 games this year, but he was still impressive, with 25 tackles, 9 assists, and 4.5 sacks.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Peter held out over a renegotiated contract dispute (I assume?) but came back for the start of the regular season. He brought another career year, with 101 tackles, 32 assists, 3.5 sacks and 2 interceptions. Quite a performance, which gave him his first Pro Bowl award, 1st team no less.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – The last two seasons have been an injury nightmare for Rodney, this year he had shoulder, elbow and head injuries and could only start 14 games. Despite that he brought some of his best play ever, with 35 tackles, 11 assists, and 4 interceptions.

S Brenden Hou – St. Louis – Brenden worked hard to overcome last year's injuries, only to suffer worse this year, a very serious shoulder injury during pre-season cost him his entire season, and it looks like his skills have taken a knock also.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #87
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Is it just me or do RBs have a lot shorter careers in this game?

Well it seems to be so in this league I'm running anyway, I went to career statistics for rushing and just went down the list to see how long the top RBs had played, every one of them in the top 25 (except one or two who were still active) played for 9, 10, or 11 years, mostly 11.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #88
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2038 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Wolfe was a man without a team this year, and will probably hang up the cleats.

TE Donnell Woodard – Donnell wasn't signed by anyone this year.

WR Ty Prescott – Cincinnati – Ty had had enough, he held out from contract negotiations and was released by the Redskins, and then signed a two year, $35 million deal with the Bengals. He's still got a lot of talent and skills and is highly rated. He ended up with 53 catches for 783 yards and 5 touchdowns.

DT Richie Thornton – Kansas City – Richie was franchised by the Chiefs this year. He had another quality year, with 37 tackles, 17 assists, and 3.5 sacks.

SILB – Peter Hanks – Atlanta – Atlanta re-signed Hanks to a two year, $54 million deal this year. He continued to play great for them, very consistent with last year, with 101 tackles, 29 assists, a sack, and an interception.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney got a new 2 year, $20.8 million deal this year but also continued to suffer a parade of injuries, with arm and ankle injuries this year. Even though he started only 11 games he's still playing at a high level with 27 tackles, 6 assists and 4 interceptions.

S Brenden Hou – The injuries were too much for Brenden, and he announced his retirement. He retires as the all-time tackle and assist leader for the Rams.

Last edited by Peregrine : 11-07-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #89
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
WR Ty Prescott – Washington – Ty had 53 catches for 857 yards and 7 touchdowns. Basically as long as the starter playing time problem is still around, he won't put up realistic stats.

I forgot, what was the starter playing time problem?

As far as the RB's, I think it's very realistic. Seems like the more carries they get, the faster they decline due to injuries. I love the peak-decline of the backs as well.

Pere,
Got me inspired to start a mini-dynasty in a similar format until the next patch comes out.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #90
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The starter playing time problem is that the game is not setting playing time properly for players at a lot of positions, leading to backups getting an unrealistically high # of plays, targets, rushes, whatever. It seems particularly problematic for wide receivers, as the game doesn't seem to be recognizing in most cases that a better WR should play more, instead it is trying to split the targets and playing time down the middle among all WRs.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #91
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Galaxy - I'll be glad to read your dynasty, I've been disappointed with our second batch of players but I think for the third batch I'll open it up so the readers can have a say in who we choose - also I'll try to assure it's a better draft than the one we had with this bunch.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:15 PM   #92
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Galaxy - I'll be glad to read your dynasty, I've been disappointed with our second batch of players but I think for the third batch I'll open it up so the readers can have a say in who we choose - also I'll try to assure it's a better draft than the one we had with this bunch.

I might just follow yours. I was thinking of doing something that would provide more insight into the scouts and coaches, and how good they are at picking the players.

Personally, I think you should include more 4th-7th round picks (and maybe an OL).
Old 11-07-2006, 06:18 PM   #93
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2039 season

QB Craig Wolfe – Craig retired.

TE Donnell Woodard- Donnell retired.

WR Ty Prescott – Ty retired, after a very disappointing career.

DT Richie Thornton – Seattle – This was strange, Seattle named Richie a franchise player, then released him. He ended up signing with Seattle on a one year deal and playing as a backup, his abilities have really suffered. As a backup this year he had 18 tackles, 3 assists, and 2 sacks.

MLB Peter Hanks – Cleveland – Three straight seasons of 100+ tackles wasn't enough for Atlanta, and they cut Peter loose. He signed a one year cheapy deal with Cleveland, who was glad to have him, and he racked up 92 tackles, 25 assists, and a sack for them.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney had three more injuries this year but was able to start 14 games and record 26 tackles, 9 assists, and an interception.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #94
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice dynasty! I think i'm going try something like this to have fun while waiting for the patch to start a real career.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM   #95
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2040 season

DT Richie Thornton – Philadelphia – Richie has really lost a lot of skills and is basically a filler player at this point. He was signed by Indianapolis and was on their roster most of the year without playing, before he was cut at the end of the year and signed by the Eagles. He had a tackle and 2 assists for them.

I don't see any stats for him for IND or even a line item on his card, so I'm not sure if that didn't get recorded or he reall didn't play at all or what.

MLB Peter Hanks – Minnesota - Atlanta is looking really stupid for cutting Hanks, he was signed by Minnesota for a two year, $25 million deal so they definitely think he's got some talent left. He ended up with 75 tackles, 30 assists, and a sack for them this year to lead the team in tackles and assists.

CB Rodney England – Dallas – Rodney suffered through his usual injuries at this stage in his career but still ended up with an interception, 39 tackles and 13 assists.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #96
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2041 season

DT Richie Thornton – Richie called it a career.

MLB Peter Hanks – Minnesota – Hanks, even in his 14th season, can still get the job done, he had 73 tackles, 23 assists, 3.5 sacks and 2 interceptions, an impressive year!

CB Rodney England – Rodney retired.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #97
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2042 season

MLB Peter Hanks – Peter retired. He is 6th all time in tackles and 4th all time in assists, truly a great and underappreciated defensive player.

Old 11-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #98
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well that's it for the second batch of players, I'll have to decide now what I want to do about the next group, it may be a few days since I'm going to be out of town from Thursday to Sunday night.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #99
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I really enjoyed the read, keep up the good work.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #100
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I just have to laugh at my initial assessment of saying that Hanks wouldn't be any good in run defense, obviously the initial scout reports can be really, really wrong, even after interviews.