Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #951
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I wish the musician had held on for the performance. I don't think we were doing too bad on sanity, and Britrock had already been cured I believe.

I disagree with the suggestions so far. We have to choose between healing people and having htem help on the quest, so we're limited. And I think there will be real drawbacks if we leave the town to fend to itself. Who knows where the next attack will come from, but there's no reason to necessarily think it will be from the cave. Whereas we can be certain that defending the town will help. It might keep some of us from dying next attack. We may be able to explore the cave tomorrow.

I was wondering if sanity is capped at 20. If not, then it was a good idea to use it while they were still (likely) good.

There's a lot of uncertainty with each choice. For all we know, the cultists can whip up some supernatural stuff that the defenses won't do anything to stop.

I think we take risks either way. Defending the town might save a person or two from dying when they otherwise wouldn't, but the longer the game drags on, the more people get converted and thus the tasks become harder to succeed at. If we're able to find something at the cave that can help us stop the attacks or learn what's going on so we can put a stop to it, we get closer to winning. Plus if we find something, the book Coffee has should be able to help out and we should try to make use of that before he's killed or converted. So I'm leaning towards the cave option myself. I'm still willing to have my mind changed though.

Explore
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #952
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah I wouldn't try to move it yet. It's chancy enough that you could go corrupt at any moment, if not already. No need to increase our odds, especially since it's not really clear how helpful it's going to be.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #953
Autumn
Head Coach

My thought mostly, JAG, is that we're going to be punished for leaving the town to itself, for sure. It's not like Abe's just going to say "well a bunch of NPCs died." There will be bad consequences. i'm not sure there's a bad consequence to not exploring the cave, other than as you say not moving forward as fast. I'm just not sure today is the day to do that given we'll be undermanned or limping.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #954
Autumn
Head Coach

Unfortunately it seems we have a lot of inactive players. GoldenEagle never put Tyke in convalescence yesterday, and now GE himself is injured. I believe that Zinto is still in convalescence, so our wounded list looks like this:

Mauchow - 9/12
Zinto - 19/20 - in convalescence
GoldenEagle - 5/12
Tyketime - 9/12
Darth Vilus - 15/20
Fontisian - 8/12

Tyke and GE have to be priorities because they're doctors. Although if GE doesn't show up to use his power it doens't matter I guess.

ABE, can I put a patient in convalescence today even if my patient yesterday, Zinto, is still in there?

Also, is there a way we can be told/confirm who is or isn't in convalescence?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #955
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We're going to be undermanned no matter how you slice it though. Tomorrow three more people might get converted and then we don't have enough to explore the cave. Or Coffee is converted and the cultists get to use The Book. I think the risk of pushing forward is a couple more people might die (we've already been dealing with an under defended town, right?), but if we think these attacks are indiscriminate, we could even get lucky and have the cultists hurt themselves. The three people that got hurt yesterday lodt a corruption point so assuming none of them are the ministers, they have double the chance to be converted as we've dealt with thus far.

It just feels like we're facing an uphill struggle as it is and prolonging the game is not really in our interests. We need to figure things out quickly so we can solve the real problem as soon as possible.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #956
Autumn
Head Coach

You're probably right, and so far the rest agree with you. I tend to take the cautious angle on everything. I'm just worried about the consequences. I don't think we'll like them. I imagine they'll at least include a sizable corruption loss.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #957
Autumn
Head Coach

I suppose i'd be more inclined to explore if it seemed more obvious that something important will come out of it, like finding the book. If we just find a slimy cave I'll be annoyed.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #958
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, you can only have one in convalescence at a time, so if Zinto is in there, that's your slot until he's healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The "end of each day" means the end of each full day, so the end of Day Three, at 1am after all night actions are processed. Good question.

Yes they come out once healed.

Looks like I forgot to mention that each Doctor may only have one person in Convalescence. So on Day X, a Doctor can add someone, but if on Day X+1, that person is still in, the Doctor may not heal someone else.

And they may not leave Convalescence until fully healed - no early release.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #959
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You're probably right, and so far the rest agree with you. I tend to take the cautious angle on everything. I'm just worried about the consequences. I don't think we'll like them. I imagine they'll at least include a sizable corruption loss.

There's no question whichever way we go there will be consequences. I'm more afraid of the consequences of not pushing forward with our ultimate goal of finding out what's going on.

Quote:
I suppose i'd be more inclined to explore if it seemed more obvious that something important will come out of it, like finding the book. If we just find a slimy cave I'll be annoyed.

I think it's pretty clear this is the next breadcrumb we have to follow to figure out what's going on based on all the action that's been going on around the Typer estate. I assume if we stay and defend the town, we would be back at the cave the next day, so I think exploring today might cut out a day of time we'd otherwise lose. Granted we might lose too many people as a result, but that's part of the uncertainty I alluded to above.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #960
Autumn
Head Coach

So we're down to Danny, Tyke and GE, if GE shows up today. I guess I would prioritize Tyke, Mauchow and GE to be healed. Fontisian has used his scan already, whereas Mauchow hasn't. However, if GE doesn't show up we obviously shouldn't heal him. So someone who will be around near deadline can hold their heal. Danny and Tyke, you guys should figure out who is more likely to be on later in the day.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM   #961
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Losing our Psychologist (CF) hurts. I don't think we have a way to cure insane people now.

Whichever quest we choose we can expect some difficulty in successfully completing it. We're going to be down Zinto and whomever else we put in convalescence, plus we have probably 3-5 cultists running around by now.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #962
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I didn't look back to see that. He was the shrink? It really hurts to lose people randomly as we can't protect roles at all.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #963
Autumn
Head Coach

We could try to take a shot at it without healing. Or we could heal just GE, who may not even put an action in anyway, but let Mauchow and Tyketime chance it. I guess we'll have to say how many points this quest needs.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #964
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll go with the consensus so far. I expressed my reservations but can agree that going forward may be vital.

EXPLORE CAVE
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #965
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, if my math was right, I'm out of convalesence right now. Think we do need to know that.

That being said, where we at on quest counts right now?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #966
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not as full bore ahead as I'm making it sound with going to the cave by the way, I just wanted to show my thought process for choosing that over defending. There's no way for us to know behind the scenes which path is more optimal and the result either way probably comes down to dice rolls anyway.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:06 AM   #967
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh oh, it's a vote. Easy, then.

Explore the Cave
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #968
britrock88
Pro Starter

I suppose I'm out of the sanitarium?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #969
britrock88
Pro Starter

If not, disregard my vote.

Explore the Cave
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #970
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Explore
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #971
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I also did a bit of reading. Of Jacob Typer's Journal. His death was not the first of the same type. 3 others also had the same death. When six have died then something happens. He was in a conspiracy to bring something here. It did not say what, but I assume something other.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #972
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It is going to take me a bit to catch up, folks, so someone just tell me what I need to do for the Quest, so I can get an order in. I'll catch up when I can and see what's going on.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #973
saldana
Pro Starter

explore cave
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #974
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I also did a bit of reading. Of Jacob Typer's Journal. His death was not the first of the same type. 3 others also had the same death. When six have died then something happens. He was in a conspiracy to bring something here. It did not say what, but I assume something other.

Now this is good info. This is osmething you found on the estate?

I suspected that Abe had Jacob running the bad guys as offset for dying, this makes me think I'm on the right track.

So we're playing against a ticking clock of deaths perhaps. NTN did you get hte impression that six players have to die in the game first? Or which deaths was it referencing?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #975
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post

Interesting. I wonder if DV is able to pass his diary he couldn't read to one of the antiquarians to see if we're able to read it.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #976
Autumn
Head Coach

I missed the items that were foudn. So there were two diaries? What else?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #977
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now this is good info. This is osmething you found on the estate?

I suspected that Abe had Jacob running the bad guys as offset for dying, this makes me think I'm on the right track.

So we're playing against a ticking clock of deaths perhaps. NTN did you get hte impression that six players have to die in the game first? Or which deaths was it referencing?

I think he's talking about deaths like how Jacob died, not just any types of deaths. From that write-up:

Quote:
Staring at you is a roughly hexagonal hole that is stabbed into the center of the heart. Where the heart once was, there is nothing but blacked flesh, and no blood is on or around the wound or body.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #978
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I missed the items that were foudn. So there were two diaries? What else?

DV said he found a diary but couldn't read it. We don't know what tyke or Zinto found.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #979
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Due to personal issues, mauchow is unable to continue to play in this game. However, I have asked Chief Rum to step in. He already knows the rules. Please welcome back CR.

Just noticed this. Thanks for the game abe. Thanks for subbing cr
I'll be watching the game !
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #980
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I think he's talking about deaths like how Jacob died, not just any types of deaths. From that write-up:

I assume more of those types of deaths are coming then. It would make sense to have a countdown like that, but we haven't seen any sign of something like that yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #981
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It is going to take me a bit to catch up, folks, so someone just tell me what I need to do for the Quest, so I can get an order in. I'll catch up when I can and see what's going on.

Okay, I see it's a decision, not like the Quests we were doing when my "twin brother doctor" was alive.

Well, everyone wants to explore the cave and so do I, but I'll be contrarian.

BUILD DEFENSE

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #982
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Looks like we'll be exploring the cave, which is just selecting which quest to do in the afternoon. Before lynch deadline we'll have to submit a quest action.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #983
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I assume more of those types of deaths are coming then. It would make sense to have a countdown like that, but we haven't seen any sign of something like that yet.

This seems to be our first evidence of uncovering what the cultists are trying to accomplish. Sounds like they're trying to summon something and they need to kill an additional two people in a special way to be able to do it. That may only be part of the story though and of course we have to figure out how to prevent them from doing it to defeat them.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #984
Autumn
Head Coach

An additional three, no? I think it said Jacob was the third.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #985
Autumn
Head Coach

oh no, I reread, looks like you're rihgt, JAG.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #986
Autumn
Head Coach

So I wonder what the bad guys have to do to accomplish that. They've killed a handful of us, but not in any ritualistic way.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #987
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Currently at Seminary. Don't have everything in front of me, but luckily this is an easy deadline to do long distance.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #988
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unfortunately it seems we have a lot of inactive players. GoldenEagle never put Tyke in convalescence yesterday, and now GE himself is injured. I believe that Zinto is still in convalescence, so our wounded list looks like this:

Mauchow - 9/12
Zinto - 19/20 - in convalescence
GoldenEagle - 5/12
Tyketime - 9/12
Darth Vilus - 15/20
Fontisian - 8/12

Tyke and GE have to be priorities because they're doctors. Although if GE doesn't show up to use his power it doens't matter I guess.

ABE, can I put a patient in convalescence today even if my patient yesterday, Zinto, is still in there?

Also, is there a way we can be told/confirm who is or isn't in convalescence?

Yes, go right ahead

Sure, but my spreadsheet is at home and I'm at Seminary right now. I only think one or two people are continuing in it from yesterday though. Last night's attacks hit others who were not in Conval.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #989
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Looks like consenus is Explore. Hold on

Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #990
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You decide to head out for the day after gathering supplies such as food and light. Today, you will explore the cave and see what you can uncover.

For today's quest, simply post that you are :

Investigating Cave

You do not know how many on the trek are required to succeed.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #991
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
I suppose I'm out of the sanitarium?

Yup, i announced your retrun earlier.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #992
Autumn
Head Coach

Sorry Abe, but from what JAG posted earlier it sounds like you had earlier answered my question, and said that a doctor can only have one patient at a time. I think Zinto is still healing, so then I assume I can't add anyone else to convalescence today.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #993
Autumn
Head Coach

INVESTIGATE CAVE
Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #994
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry Abe, but from what JAG posted earlier it sounds like you had earlier answered my question, and said that a doctor can only have one patient at a time. I think Zinto is still healing, so then I assume I can't add anyone else to convalescence today.

Misunderstaood, sorry bout that.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #995
saldana
Pro Starter

investigate cave
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #996
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Investigate Cave

So we don't know how many are needed to succeed. If GE doesn't show up, it's an easy call to throw him in convalescence since he won't be helping on the quest anyway. What do people feel about risking the injured to help out vs. healing them? On one hand, we don't want to risk losing them, but we also want to put a good enough effort in that we find whatever we need to so we don't have to revisit this again tomorrow.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #997
Autumn
Head Coach

One thing to consider -- GE will take two days in convalescence, so he'll be using up a doctor tomorrow as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #998
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm inclined to not heal everybody so that we have a work force today, but then that just rolls the problem to tomorrow, where we'll probably also want to have a full work force. It's probably a thing where the more people we have the more we find out, so it might be the best time to get some healing done.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #999
britrock88
Pro Starter

Investigate the Cave

Seems like the thing to do for a healthy, sane non-doctor.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #1000
Autumn
Head Coach

So I think we have 15 people right now. Zinto is healing, so he's out. So we could go full bore with 14 people. Or if we heal as much as we can, we'll be down to 11 people. Eleven for one task seems like a lot, so maybe we can get away with it.