Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-31-2013, 08:12 PM   #1051
Autumn
Head Coach

On my iPad, so I will be reading but not posting much. How many are missing today?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #1052
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like everyone but boo that was able to take an action. If Danny shows up near deadline and boo still hasn't quested, he could throw him in conval.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:35 PM   #1053
saldana
Pro Starter

I thought i did this already....

investigate cave
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #1054
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back from Seminary. Time to process this thang!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #1055
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Once again, you vote no lynch.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #1056
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As the sun ebbs through the sky, you get the impression that night is about to fall in an amazing way. Brilliant hues dance across the heavens as you return from the cave on the Typer Estate.

Luckily, you had the right combination of classes involved. It was close, but you made it.

Deep inside the cave it began to be carved, but the weathering was ancient, eldritch.

You lit upon a chamber with a dark rock in the center, with a glistening blue that shines in the lantern's light like an oil slick, but it's a rock of some sort you are unfamiliar with.

On the sides of the cave are various inscriptions. Since you decoded the Unaussprechlichen Kulten, you understand this language too,and you will not need to spend a day reading it.

Not all of the carvings are legible. The patina of eons has rotted some away. You make out a few things....Yog Sothoth...alignment...death is nothing but a curtain...

You finish exploring and nothing else is back here.

Day Six has ended. Night six has begun

Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #1057
fontisian
College Prospect

Yog-Sothoth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Yog-Sothoth is a cosmic entity in the fictional Cthulhu Mythos and Dream Cycle of American horror writer H. P. Lovecraft."

"Yog-Sothoth is an Outer God and is coterminous with all time and space yet is supposedly locked outside of the universe we inhabit. Its cosmic nature is hinted at in this passage from "Through the Gates of the Silver Key" (1934) by Lovecraft and E. Hoffmann Price:
It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self — not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep — the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as YOG-SOTHOTH, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yuggoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign...
Yog-Sothoth knows all and sees all. To "please" this deity could bring knowledge of many things. However, like most beings in the mythos, to see it or learn too much about it is to court disaster. Some authors state that the favor of the god requires a human sacrifice or eternal servitude."

That's the second time something related to Lovecraft was mentioned. Is anyone familiar his writing?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #1058
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So before I go to bed...anyone want me to throw anyone's ass in jail?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 PM   #1059
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
On the sides of the cave are various inscriptions. Since you decoded the Unaussprechlichen Kulten, you understand this language too,and you will not need to spend a day reading it.

THAT's what reading the book does.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #1060
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Night looms. What comes with it? Another attack on the town?

You carefully guard the place, expecting yet something else, but nothing comes. You have received a bit of a respite.

Then you hear a long, soul rending shriek, and it's familiarity shakes your foundation.

You move out and find yourself at the mouth of the cave, where something has happened. Heedless of danger you plunge in, with just a few torches among you.

You retake familiar passages and arrive at the end chamber again but this time, something is here....

it is the corpse of ntndeacon. Like Typer before him, a hexagonal hole in his chest speaks to the manner of death but the eyes! Dear God the eyes.....

You will not speak of this again....

Night Six has ended

Day Seven has begun

Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #1061
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What is that sound? Why are trains coming at night?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #1062
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Three, no, five trains are pulling into Thurmond at night, and this never happens. People being to pour out of them and into the two Inns, overcrowding them. They bustle to the streets and join a growing cacophony of sound that drowns out everything else, the worries, the sorrows, your long lost sense of dignity and rationality.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #1063
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quest Action - Day 7 - Erect Defenses

Build Palisade - 4
Sand Bags - 4
Place Machine Guns - 4
Hand Out Weapons - 4
Create Sentry Posts - 4

This is a rolling quest. Anything you do NOT complete today you can send extra workers to later. Any completed actions will help your defenses. So, if you manage just one, then that thing is finished and will aid you, but the other four won't be.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #1064
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hand out weapons

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #1065
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Build Palisade

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #1066
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I already got my gun!

Build Palisade
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #1067
Zinto
College Starter

I probably will not be on much, if at all tomorrow so I shall....

Build Palisade
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #1068
fontisian
College Prospect

Build Palisade
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #1069
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Argh, lost out baptist minister. . That's a big blow to us, to say nothing of the cultists getting one ritual kill closer to their goal.

Hand out weapons

We know guns do almost 2x damage on average than fists. Nice thing about this set of tasks is that they are small and defined, so it's a risk for cultists to fake on them.

Meanwhile, I'm dissatisfied with the result of the cave quest. We appear to have succeeded as well as we could have, but we don't appear to have learned much other than the name of what the cultists are trying to summon. It seems like we still don't have much to go on and we won't be doing any tasks today that being us closer to figuring things out. Frustrating.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #1070
britrock88
Pro Starter

Hand out Weapons

Need one more on this task; then the next person will need to choose between:

Sand Bags - 4
Place Machine Guns - 4
Create Sentry Posts - 4

and have those behind him stick to his choice.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #1071
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry guys. I got pulled in to some all day corporate brainwashing yesterday and will have to do that today as well. I am not sure if I will be able to vote tonight or not.

Place Sand Bags
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #1072
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm.

Do we want to risk cultist sabotage by placing only the minimum on everything, or you think we should do fewer items and get overlap.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #1073
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My pre-imbibing coffee take would be to take a chance and go minimum on as much as we can. Mind you, this game is still not primarily about killing cultists, but since it's likely we've got a good number of them now, it might help to cull the ranks.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #1074
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Sorry guys. I got pulled in to some all day corporate brainwashing yesterday and will have to do that today as well. I am not sure if I will be able to vote tonight or not.

Place Sand Bags

You are in convalescence so this action won't count.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #1075
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Hmm.

Do we want to risk cultist sabotage by placing only the minimum on everything, or you think we should do fewer items and get overlap.

I think that's a good thought. We have 13 units I believe, so we could do

1. 3 areas with 4 (and throw an extra person somewhere)
Or
2. 1 area with 6, 1 area with 7

I'll give it some thought, but I think I might lean towards option 2.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #1076
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Seems to me the cultists risk more with option 2 of revealing their fakery. In the first option, for the two tasks where there are 4 each, lets say one fakes in each, that gives us a 1 in 4 chance of finding them out. In option 2, it would have to be 3 out of 6 faking or 4 out of 7 faking for them to stop us.

It seems like we'll be more likely to succeed in 2 tasks with option 2 whereas in option 3, we're counting on all the cultists to refuse to fake to try and get 3 tasks done. That seems pretty unlikely.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #1077
britrock88
Pro Starter

Good job digging far enough to see what our numbers are, JAG. I wish I could put in the same level of effort.

Your analysis seems sound; having 1-3 extra on each of 2 tasks makes cultist sabotage more difficult.

So, people, we need at least 1 more to _hand out weapons_, and any subsequent arrivals to either do that or _build palisade_.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #1078
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1079
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I don't like just going for two parts. I think if we do that, we'll most certainly succeed at both and cultists would have no real reason to even consider faking, as we've already slowed our own progress and it would take a concerted effort from a group who can't communicate to stop us.

If we go for three, we have a much higher chance of being sabotaged on an effort or (and I agree this would be what we don't want) two, but it makes the choice much riskier for the cultists as well. They would have to know that faking would put them in the crosshairs, and since they may end up with multiple people on one task, it may end up being a case where they stop one with a majority of their people. Thus, the scenarios would be that we either cause them not to fake and get all 3 done, or they start to fake and we start to narrow down who we need to lynch.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #1080
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I guess the question is do we want to try and narrow the cultists down and risk failing at potentially all three tasks (and I think failing at at least one is a foregone conclusion) as a result or have a pretty good chance at succeeding at two tasks (or if not really narrowing the cultists down) but risking not getting more info on the cultists?

Even if we narrow things down more with them with option 1, the risk of failing at the 3 tasks we try could have fairly bad consequences for us with whatever we're trying to defend the town from. We're obviously not going to get all our defenses up today and we're going to have tasks other than setting up defenses to do in the coming days, so personally I'd rather err on trying not to fail at these tasks so we can complete them and move on in the days to come.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:36 AM   #1081
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I guess the question is do we want to try and narrow the cultists down and risk failing at potentially all three tasks (and I think failing at at least one is a foregone conclusion) as a result or have a pretty good chance at succeeding at two tasks (or if not really narrowing the cultists down) but risking not getting more info on the cultists?

Even if we narrow things down more with them with option 1, the risk of failing at the 3 tasks we try could have fairly bad consequences for us with whatever we're trying to defend the town from. We're obviously not going to get all our defenses up today and we're going to have tasks other than setting up defenses to do in the coming days, so personally I'd rather err on trying not to fail at these tasks so we can complete them and move on in the days to come.

Even if we fail at 1, which I agree is likely, that will give us a place to start with lynches. Also, Abe said this was a rolling quest- if that means our work results carry over then it would still be better to go for three and narrowly fail 1 than to soundly get two.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #1082
saldana
Pro Starter

hand out weapons

that should complete that for us, yes?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #1083
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

As far as a worst case scenario of failing all 3... I don't find it that likely given that we'll have one task backed up and that the cultists can't conspire to evenly distribute among the tasks. I do see where you're coming from, though. I don't feel that 3 is strongly a better choice, it would just be the way I would choose to do it.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #1084
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hand out weapons (4/4): Darth, JAG, Britrock, saldana
Build palisades (4/4): Chief, Zinto, fontisian, Simbo

Yet to allocate to a task: Autumn, boo, Coffee, Danny, tyke

Unavailable due to conval: GE
Old 02-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1085
Autumn
Head Coach

Catching up.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #1086
Autumn
Head Coach

Rather fitting that we suddenly have a victim with the heart taken out right after we find that out from the diary. The question is how often will that happen and how can we prevent it. Is it a night action of cultists in the game that we can stop or is it an NPC thing that we need to stop with quests?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #1087
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
Even if we fail at 1, which I agree is likely, that will give us a place to start with lynches. Also, Abe said this was a rolling quest- if that means our work results carry over then it would still be better to go for three and narrowly fail 1 than to soundly get two.

True to some extent, but if we only succeed at one task vs. two tasks (or zero even), there will be consequences for us as well in not having more defenses put up. Also, Abe may not count every unit towards partially completed tasks. When we failed to decode the book, though there likely wasn't 6 units faked, we still had to do 5 units of work the next day to complete the task.

On the other hand for your argument, we don't know for a certainty that work was faked. It's possible they had another way of sabotaging our efforts and that they aren't even able to fake work.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #1088
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG, I am also frustrated that the cave expedition didn't tell us anything useful. That was what I was worried about. It didn't seem that we failed at it though, so maybe it accomplished something behind the scenes that we needed to do?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #1089
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Saldana and boo, you guys still need to investigate the cave.

For the record, I did - post #944
Old 02-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #1090
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I agree with the idea of concentrating on two tasks and assuring that they're accomplished. It allows the cultists to remain hidden, yes, but it also prevents them from stopping us. Letting them slow us by faking work is playing into their hands, I think. And if we lynch even one villager in the pursuit of narrowing them down we've only helped them more.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #1091
Autumn
Head Coach

With that in mind I agree we should have a couple extra on each task.

Hand Out Weapons
Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #1092
Autumn
Head Coach

The good news is that no one was injured last night (well, and survived). And wiht a regular quest today we have a chance of healing people up tonight.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #1093
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
For the record, I did - post #944

Sorry, you are correct. Not sure how I missed that.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #1094
booradley
High School Varsity

Palisade Complete (4/4): Chief Rum [1065]; Simbo Klice [1066]; Zinto [1067]; Fontisian [1068]

Sand Bags (4/0): GoldenEagle [1071] convalesced, won't count

MG's (4/0):

Hand Out Weapons Complete (4/5): Darth Vilus [1064]; JAG [1069]; Britrock [1070]; Saldana [1082]; Autumn [1091]

Sentry Posts (4/1): booradley (this post)

Machine guns should be the lowest priority now that the "Hand Out Weapons" task is fulfilled. So:

Create Sentry Posts

Last edited by booradley : 02-01-2013 at 10:20 AM.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #1095
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Work on Palisade
Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #1096
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gives us 1 extra on palisade and weapons. Not bad. We'll at least know there's 2 cultists if either of those fail.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #1097
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Ok. I've read the activity. Seems like it makes most sense to focus on the 2 activities and actually give us a meaningful vote history.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #1098
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Hand out Weapons
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #1099
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hand out weapons (6/4): Darth, JAG, Britrock, saldana, Autumn, tyke
Build palisades (5/4): Chief, Zinto, fontisian, Simbo, Coffee
Create sentry posts (1/4): boo