Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
AlexB
Pro Starter

Fantasy Football Advice 2019

In my PPR keeper league, I could well be a situation where I have a choice between keeping Damien Williams or Aaron Jones at RB

I’m trying to trade keeper points to keep both, but if I fail, which one do you like?

AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
In my PPR keeper league, I could well be a situation where I have a choice between keeping Damien Williams or Aaron Jones at RB

I’m trying to trade keeper points to keep both, but if I fail, which one do you like?

I'd be keeping Aaron Jones, I think he's in for a big year.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:48 PM   #3
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Jared Cook is apparently lighting it up in Saints training camp. So be sure to draft him three rounds too early so he can keep alive his 17-year streak of under-performing in the regular season and disappointing his fantasy owners.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Jared Cook is apparently lighting it up in Saints training camp. So be sure to draft him three rounds too early so he can keep alive his 17-year streak of under-performing in the regular season and disappointing his fantasy owners.

Jared Cook looking good in preseason

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Joining a new league, weird setup:

-auction draft
-no max on keepers but $ up $10/yr
-only 10 teams
-TD heavy scoring (6pt TD but 1pt per 25 yds)

Thinking about going heavy stars/scrubs here...last guys taken in most position should be close to interchangeable. Any insights?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
AlexB
Pro Starter

I’ve been offered a trade in my 14 team PPR keeper league:

Enough points to keep Dede Westbrook & Curtis Samuel in exchange for what would translate as a 6th round pick.

It is actually a 1st round pick in the FA pool, but as I won last year, it will be pick #14... means my next pick will be #28

If I take the trade I will have Mahomes, Damien Williams, Aaron Jones, Derrius Guice, Amari Cooper, Robert Woods, and Westbrook & Samuel before I pick at 28, when most teams will have 6-7 players on their roster, including keepers.

Thoughts?

Last edited by AlexB : 08-09-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

The last 2 people got no responses to their questions, but I'm going for it anyway.

Aaron Rodgers v. Drew Brees this week? I've got Brees in the lineup, but I picked Rodgers as the #3 QB in the draft... if I'm doing that, why am I sitting him at all? Bears defense overrated or expecting them to be elite again?
Old 09-05-2019, 10:34 AM   #8
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Rodgers over Brees in my mind
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #9
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Play Rodgers. He's always done pretty well against the Bears
Old 09-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #10
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
The last 2 people got no responses to their questions, but I'm going for it anyway.

Aaron Rodgers v. Drew Brees this week? I've got Brees in the lineup, but I picked Rodgers as the #3 QB in the draft... if I'm doing that, why am I sitting him at all? Bears defense overrated or expecting them to be elite again?

Those last two Qs were very league/rule specific.

I don't play the 'draft' game. I start who will score more points going into that week.

Id start Brees over Rodgers.

Will even try and one top ya as I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to benching my 1st round pick in week #1 in favor of a guy with a better matchup that I drafted in the 5th round.

Nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY benches a fully healthy non holding out 1st round pick in Week #1 of FF.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:13 PM   #11
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I wouldn't bet the farm either way on this, but I'd go Rodgers.

I think that Rodgers and the new coaching staff will be eager to come out strong to show that McCarthy was a shitty coach. He strikes me as just petty enough to throw for 500 yards just to show up his old coach.

And the Saints tend not to come out strong for week 1 under Payton. And if ever there was a week for the coaches to be looking ahead to week 2, it would be this one (short week with the Rams on the road coming up next).
Old 09-05-2019, 04:22 PM   #12
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Those last two Qs were very league/rule specific.

I don't play the 'draft' game. I start who will score more points going into that week.

Id start Brees over Rodgers.

Will even try and one top ya as I'm giving SERIOUS consideration to benching my 1st round pick in week #1 in favor of a guy with a better matchup that I drafted in the 5th round.

Nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY benches a fully healthy non holding out 1st round pick in Week #1 of FF.

Brees v. Rodgers? I’m going Brees - I think NO HOU will be a shootout, while the Bears D is returning against a new Packers offence. I have a similar skill position choice that I can make into a flex choice, and I’ve benched Aaron Jones for Will Fuller for this reason.

And in case anyone cares, I didn’t make the trade - ended up adding Edelman and Fuller to Cooper and Woods at WR, with Golden Tate after his suspension. Would have liked to have kept Westbrook or Samuel, but I think I ended up better off in the end.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 PM   #13
Butter
Coordinator

I ended up benching Rodgers. I appreciate the advice though, really made me think through it.

Will see what happens on Monday night.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #14
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
I ended up benching Rodgers. I appreciate the advice though, really made me think through it.

Will see what happens on Monday night.

Good call! I didn't realise until just now, but my opponent had Rodgers in his line up, so I'm glad for both of us it worked out the way it did!
Old 09-06-2019, 06:13 AM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

First time in 25 years not doing season long fantasy. Don’t miss it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:39 AM   #16
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
First time in 25 years not doing season long fantasy. Don’t miss it.

I got out of it several years ago and have not missed it.

I'm super happy for all the folks who still do it and still love it. I just realized that it was impacting my enjoyment of the real games for the worse.
Old 09-08-2019, 05:46 PM   #17
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I got out of it several years ago and have not missed it.

I'm super happy for all the folks who still do it and still love it. I just realized that it was impacting my enjoyment of the real games for the worse.

You know what's funny, I think I've realized today that it's completely the opposite for me. I genuinely don't find the NFL that enjoyable any more, most games are contrived messes with so many penalty flags and judgement calls that impact the game I think without significant fantasy rooting interest I could easily spend my Sunday doing something way more productive.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:24 PM   #18
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post

Ended up not making the swap.

Started Conner over Ingram. A mistake. Lost out on 12 pts

Never again. Play the matchups

Currently down 7 pts with Lutz as my only hope. Oh, and I have the 2nd most pts this week and would have already won against anyone but the one guy Im playing who is high scorer.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #19
Butter
Coordinator

Brees might bail me out this week yet
Old 09-15-2019, 10:16 PM   #20
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm going to win my vampire league this week and im the vamp so i can pilfer an opponents player. I also won last week and got Cook so he's my best player natch. This is what I have to choose from. Opinions?

RB- Michel, D. Johnson, K. Johnson
WR- Thielen, Hilton, Lockett
TE- Kittle
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 PM   #21
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I'm going to win my vampire league this week and im the vamp so i can pilfer an opponents player. I also won last week and got Cook so he's my best player natch. This is what I have to choose from. Opinions?

RB- Michel, D. Johnson, K. Johnson
WR- Thielen, Hilton, Lockett
TE- Kittle

Who is your TE? Id be looking at Johnson or Kittle.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #22
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Who is your TE? Id be looking at Johnson or Kittle.
I
I'm actually ok at te, comparatively, i have andrews & hooper. My best rbs are cook n mccoy and my best wrs are gallup n ross
Old 09-15-2019, 10:57 PM   #23
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I
I'm actually ok at te, comparatively, i have andrews & hooper. My best rbs are cook n mccoy and my best wrs are gallup n ross

I think Id go D Johnson in this case. Sounds like an interesting league. Win again next week and find Gallups replacement.

I was just reading up on Vampire league rules. You are setting yourself up very nicely. I see you have to give up a starter(McCoy) if you steal D Johnson?

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-15-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 07:30 AM   #24
Suicane75
Coordinator

Nope. In this setup there's 1 Vampire per year (me). I didn't get to draft and had to build my roster from everyone left. If I win I can steal one of my opponents starters from our matchup. I have to cut someone of course, but it can be anyone from my roster.

I am leaning towards D. Johnson but I'm really worried about his volume if they're always behind.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #25
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nope. In this setup there's 1 Vampire per year (me). I didn't get to draft and had to build my roster from everyone left. If I win I can steal one of my opponents starters from our matchup. I have to cut someone of course, but it can be anyone from my roster.

I am leaning towards D. Johnson but I'm really worried about his volume if they're always behind.

I believe Arizona will only get better as the year goes on. D Johnson is great at catching passes and doesnt really have a threat to steal carries from him later in the year. Its not idea to have a back from a losing team but he is one of the only few bellcow backs remaining. Pre season he was a 5-6 overall while all of them other guys were outside the top 20. At the very least you are getting value in that aspect.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:42 AM   #26
QuikSand
lolzcat

D. Johnson seems like an unwise abbreviation, fwiw
Old 09-17-2019, 12:50 PM   #27
bhlloy
Coordinator

So I have the typical mix of RB backups on my bench - standard 12 team league, .5 PPR

Justin Jackson
Tony Pollard
Malcolm Brown

I also have Freeman (ugh), Michel (Belichick lottery) and Damien Williams (Andy Reid plus injury) so my RB position is not healthy overall.

Raheem Mostert is out there on waivers, which of those 3 backups would you drop to take a shot at him? I'm leaning towards Pollard, because even though he's in the best situation if the starter goes down he's got almost zero value today with Zeke healthy. Brown has some value today, plus it's very likely the Rams choose to rest Gurley later in the season, and Jackson has standalone value as long as Gordon is holding out.

The other option is for me to pick up Ito Smith as the handcuff and potential successor in the Atlanta backfield, but the prospect of owning 2 RBs in an offense that hasn't been having any success at that position just seems to be going in the wrong direction.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #28
QuikSand
lolzcat

I'd steer away from Ito Smith. He is #2 right now, but he's not anyone's long term answer. He's stable enough today to get reps ahead of Brian Hill. Ollison looms, too. Ito Smith is, long term, the least useful of that bunch I wouldn't cut anyone on your list to claim Ito Smith.

I guess I agree Pollard is arguably the cut - yes, he has a clear shot at big upside, but apparently only in the case of a serious Zeke injury. I guess I'd rather have Mostert than him - even though I suspect Mostert ends up on the shorter side of a split there. Not sure where J Jackson fits in there, he's close to the same level, in my mind, as an asset for the rest of this season.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #29
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Antonio Brown is an awful person but was dropped in my league. Worth the last bench spot for a potential #1 guy or is he done for good this time?

For the record I also have THill and Mixon so my team is not lacking in low character.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #30
QuikSand
lolzcat

FFS it seems like I was up against Mike Evans in every league this week, ugh.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:18 PM   #31
BishopMVP
Coordinator

How many bench spots? I had a 7 person bench so I was able to keep Josh Gordon for a year, but if it's tighter and you'll need to deal with byes that gets tougher. Who's your last bench guy anyways? Unless it's a handcuff to a top RB AB's upside is still higher & the Tyrell Williams or Carlos Hyde's or whomever are pretty fungible & able to grab off the waiver wire.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #32
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
How many bench spots? I had a 7 person bench so I was able to keep Josh Gordon for a year, but if it's tighter and you'll need to deal with byes that gets tougher. Who's your last bench guy anyways? Unless it's a handcuff to a top RB AB's upside is still higher & the Tyrell Williams or Carlos Hyde's or whomever are pretty fungible & able to grab off the waiver wire.

6 spots. Right now I have Brees, T Hill, and M. Gordon taking up 3 of them. Then I have E Sanders, Kirk, and DJ Moore. So quality receivers but none of them close to Brown's potential upside. Bye weeks haven't been an issue yet but they are coming. Seems like Rosenhaus is the key to getting him back into the league but with these texts he might be looking at 4-8 games.

Just would be awesome to field Brees/K. Allen/Evans/M.Gordon/D. Johnson/Andrews/T. Hill with Brown as a bench player/trade bait.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:14 PM   #33
QuikSand
lolzcat

One of the hardest things to do is “sell high.”

That said - Mark Ingram owners... you’re up. It’s time.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:57 PM   #34
Suicane75
Coordinator

So I won for the 4th straight week, I've grabbed Cook, David Johnson & Mahomes. This week my choices come down to Evans & Conner. My best WR is Marvin Jones, after that it's Hardman, Hollywood & Gallup. I have McCoy but can start 4 RB. Opinions? I'm leaning Conner but it's like 51/49% at this point.

Edit to add: If I win this coming week, the best WRs i could add are Landry, Eddelman or Green, while he has a plethora of RBs.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 09-30-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #35
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
One of the hardest things to do is “sell high.”

That said - Mark Ingram owners... you’re up. It’s time.

Think he's overvalued or the offense is, or both?
Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #36
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Was offered Mike Evans and AJ Green for Tyreek Hill and Kyler Murray (he's my backup). I view Evans and Hill as almost interchangeable so this is a no brainer right? I admit to my Bengal bias but seems like Hill might not come back and Evans is fully healthy.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:11 PM   #37
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thoughts?
Drop: Andy Dalton
Add: Chris Herndon (suspended at the moment)

Currently have Witten as my TE

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:12 PM   #38
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Was offered Mike Evans and AJ Green for Tyreek Hill and Kyler Murray (he's my backup). I view Evans and Hill as almost interchangeable so this is a no brainer right? I admit to my Bengal bias but seems like Hill might not come back and Evans is fully healthy.
I would take that.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 11:37 PM   #39
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Thoughts?

Idk about the Herndon love, but unless this is a large 2 QB league I'm not sure what the rationale behind keeping 3x Pro Bowler Andy Dalton as your backup QB would be.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:29 AM   #40
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Think he's overvalued or the offense is, or both?

Sorry, missed this... I think Balt faced some patsy defenses early in the season, and won't have those wide open fronts any longer. I'm still semi-bullish on the team being successful overall, but the season schedule (to me) set up Ingram for the hot start he enjoyed. Over time, more load sharing, fewer easy 16-108-TD days, and more 14-58-0TD days. I think by the end of the fantasy regular season he'll be a RB/flex guy against NFL defenses rather than a start-every-week guy like he appeared to be against Miami and Arizona and Kansas City.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 AM   #41
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Thoughts?

yes yes do this
Old 10-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #42
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Idk about the Herndon love, but unless this is a large 2 QB league I'm not sure what the rationale behind keeping 3x Pro Bowler Andy Dalton as your backup QB would be.

I have Dalton mostly for my starting QBs (Brady) bye week, but, also was keeping him around for trade bait. There's still plenty of 'decent' free agent QBs in the league I'm in unless an injury bug goes through the NFL targeting quarterbacks. So, I won't be heart broken if I just drop Dalton, but, more worried Herndon is a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSand
yes yes do this
You had me at the first 'yes'. Going to do the deed.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:17 AM   #43
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway View Post
I would take that.

Thanks for the reply. So after I made this trade I made an offer for Elliot which was immediately accepted. Wondering if I gave too much... it's too late anyways but I gave Kupp andf Henry.

My lineup went from...
Prescott
Hopkins
Kupp
Gordon
Henry
Engram
Ekeler

to

Prescott
Hopkins
Evans
Gordon
Elliot
Engram
Ekeler/AJ Green later in the season.

I think these were improvements. Lost some bench depth and maybe Kupp was better than Evans but I like lineup 2 a lot more. Prepare for some injuries to these guys this weekend for sure!
Old 10-04-2019, 10:26 PM   #44
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Well both of the trades I posted about got vetoed. Fuck playing in a league that allows people to block completely legit trades. Dont even understand it looks like yahoo requires 4 votes, not even sure half the people pay close enough attention to know there was a trade. Wonder if it was a website glitch. Otherwise I'm done with this league.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:29 PM   #45
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, that would tempt me to quit mid season depending on how money is on the line. If they veto trades for any other reason than obvious collusion, fuck em.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:28 AM   #46
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So a couple of factors at play here...

1) It's only $50 but my team is in first and I feel like winning the league is even better than quitting.
2) It's work friends. We all get along great so I don't want to be the guy who blows up work camaraderie over fantasy football.

However here were the two trades...
Tyreek Hill/Kyler Murray for Mike Evans/AJ Green
Copper Kupp/Derek Henry for Ezekiel Elliot

I mean they are balanced, even yahoo's trade analyzer thing says they are balanced. I won't be back next year and there better not be another trade the entire year. I just hate to go full nuclear and find out yahoo vetoes a trade since Kupp played Thursday or something (wouldn't explain the other one). Really makes no sense to me.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #47
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I would be passive aggressive & keep re-proposing them until they go through or other people admit why they're veto'ing them.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #48
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tough one. Pick two.

David Montgomery, Calvin Ridley, Devin Singletary (vs Miami, which is why this is a question).
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #49
miked
College Starter

Man, I have Deshaun Watson vs IND and Prescott vs. PHI. Watson has been doing much better, but everyone has been lighting up PHI (and Watson is on the road).
Old 12-10-2019, 09:01 AM   #50
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, not advice, but this time of year we're due for sob stories... I have an awful one...

A league I founded in 1992 and remains very competitive, intensely personal. I have won it maybe 7-8 times and am always competitive - it s a strong link back to an old job.

Opening playoff game, up against longtime rival. She's a good manager, has had a lot of bad luck. I had the better year, and am the favorite.

Coming into MNF, I'm ahead, and done, she only has... Zach Ertz. Needs, basically, 125+TD or 50+2TD to beat me. So, that seems unlikely, but as Philly begins to field guys from the stands at WR, it doesn't seem out of bounds.

5m to go, PHI threatening but down 7, Ertz has 87 yards. So, I can even withstand him getting a TD here, I'm still okay - he'd need 38 more yards.

Okay, Ertz gets the short TD, I'm still ahead by one point and have a tiebreaker, so he'd still need 36 yards or a TD to beat me. Phi wins the toss, drives down without even targeting Ertz, and on 3rd down the Giants simply decide to not cover the best player the Eagles have and it's season over.

Awful. Went from 99% favorite to season over in one play, by the CBS site reckoning.