Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
Tasan
College Starter

X-COM: Terror from the Deep is a go! (Mission 17 complete and posted!)

This is an audience participation X-Com dynasty, using X-Com 2:Terror from the Deep. The style will be somewhat like the classic X-COM dynasties we used to run around here, although I fear I'm not gonna be able to live up to GB's very high standard.

I'm always looking for ready and able volunteers for the X-COM Corp(ses), ready to stand (and possibly your clones, future children, relatives) against the coming onslaught of the Alien horde.

**EDIT** If you want to skip being assigned a low bravery aquanaut, please post this info. I'll * your name on the waiting list to remind myself. Note that this will skip your assignment until an aquanaut with 40+ bravery comes up.

I'll also take folks signing up to be scientists, engineers, drop ship pilots, and attack sub pilots. These guys will have smaller rolls in the grand scheme, but will probably die less often.

The current roster:

TU-Time Units | STA-Stamina | HE-Health | BR-Bravery | RE-Reactions | FA-Firing Accuracy | TA-Throwing Accuracy | STR-Strength

MrBug708 II
Base: Atlantic
Missions: 7
Kills: 31

KWhit-Wounded
Missions: 3
Kills: 4

Coffee Warlord II-Wounded
Missions: 2
Kills: 1

Caesar
Kills: 0

illinifan999 III
Base: South China Sea
Kills: 4

Neon Chaos III
Missions: 0

Icy II
Missions: 1

PilotMan

wahoomac

The Jackal II

RendeR II

fff III

TonyR II

chesapeake II

Barkeep49 III

Abe Sargent II

law90026 II

mrkilla22 II

gkb
Missions: 2

PurdueBrad IV

Qwikshot II

Travis IV

path12 III

Greyroofoo III
Kills: 2

Kodos IV

DataKing III

Chief Rum III

gi

Awaiting assignment: JonInMiddleGA III, SirFozzie III, BYU 14 III, JeeberD III, Roberto III, kingfc22 IV, RealDeal III, ntndeacon IV, Izulde II

Fallen heros (number of kills): Barkeep49 I (1), Travis I (1), Kodos (0), Neon Chaos (1), RealDeal (0), ntndeacon (0), Chief Rum (0), fff (1), MrBug708 (0), Poli (3), PurdueBrad (0), Kodos II (1), illinifan999 (1), TonyR (1), Greyroofoo (0), JeeberD (2), Coffee Warlord (1), Travis II (1), Neon Chaos II (2), Icy (0), JonInMiddleGA (3), The Jackal (3), RendeR (2), ntndeacon III (1), fff II (0), DataKing (4), TonyR (0), hoopsguy (11), chesapeake (5), path12 (1), Barkeep49 II (6), Abe Sargent (0), law90026 (5), mrkilla22 (4), kingfc22 (1), Kerchee (3), SirFozzie (5), illinifan999 II (1), PurdueBrad II (1), BYU 14 (2), Roberto (1), kingfc22 II (0), PurdueBrad III (2), Qwikshot (0), Greyroofoo II (0), Travis III (0), path12 II (0), Kodos III (2), Chief Rum II (4), DataKing II (0), JonInMiddleGA II (0), SirFozzie II (2), BYU 14 II (2), JeeberD II (2), Roberto II (0), kingfc22 III (0), RealDeal II (2), ntndeacon III (0), Izulde (3)

Here's the google doc with stats, ratings and ranks! Enjoy!
Welcome to Google Docs

Last edited by Tasan : 08-31-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
hoopsguy
General Manager

In.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would be.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Sign me up.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

sure. never had before but it sounded like a good time was had by all.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

Loved being part of GB's old X-Com dynasties, definitely sign me up!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
Travis
Pro Rookie

In if you'll accept Canadians
Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #8
chesapeake
College Starter

I loved X-Com. Sign me up. You'll need all the warm bodies you can get.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Yes, please!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Helllll yes.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
path12
Coordinator

Oh yeah.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #12
Poli
FOFC Survivor

y y
Old 07-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
The Jackal
Coordinator

Reporting for duty.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #14
Tasan
College Starter

Okay guys, gimmie like a day or so to get some things ready, and then we'll go. I'll post how we'll do things and when they'll happen Thursday, July 31.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:02 AM   #15
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

In.

This better not be a tease, Tasan. You just tickled my X-Com bone.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #16
TonyR
High School Varsity

If you need an extra, I'm in too.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:37 AM   #17
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Oh yes.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Chicago Eagles
2 time ZFL champions
We're "rebuilding"

Don't ya think it might be time to change the sig?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #19
RealDeal
High School Varsity

An old X-Com vet reports back for duty.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 AM   #20
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

History. I finally bothered to register on FOFC after several months of lurking because of the original X-Com dynasty.

And it's been all downhill from there.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #21
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'll try
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't see how it could turn out better for me this time, but what the heck. I'm in.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #23
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I don't see how it could turn out better for me this time, but what the heck. I'm in.

My 2nd born did survive and made the trek to Mars...and survived.

Only problem is, GB didn't give me a gun, the bastard. I will not be a decoy this time!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #24
Tasan
College Starter

The initial write-up is just about to be posted. I'll be following it up tomorrow with our first (and hopefully not last!) combat op. Stay tuned...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #25
Tasan
College Starter

Welcome Aquanauts!

As many of you have heard, strange things have been happening in the oceans of the world. Ships have gone missing, port towns have been attacked, and strange seismic activity has been monitored. What most of you do not know is what is causing this.

Well folks, we believe the menace that plagued our mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, and grandparents has returned. For some reason their attacks have centered on the oceans of the planet this time. We have set up Base Atlantic as our primary base of operations. Our initial job will be to protect worldwide shipping lanes and investigate the source of these attacks.

Since the worldwide peace that broke out after the removal of the first alien scum caused the majority of weapons systems across the world to be destroyed, we are going to be working a little primitive. Our primary weapon will be a high velocity jet harpoon weapon. Simple but effective both on land and under water. Our heavy weaponry will be converted underwater mining devices capable of firing a variety of deadly projectiles. In the event that we need to intercept alien submersibles, we will be using converted undersea explorer vessels equipped with recently developed torpedo launchers and larger versions of the gas cannon you'll be using.

Ladies and gentlemen, the fate of the world quite possibly lies in the hands of X-Com, once again. Do your world proud!

The initial team is as follows:

TU-Time Units | STA-Stamina | HE-Health | BR-Bravery | RE-Reactions | FA-Firing Accuracy | TA-Throwing Accuracy | STR-Strength

Hoopsguy

TU-54
STA-65
HE-37
BR-60
RE-58
FA-65
TH-73
STR-25

Barkeep

TU-56
STA-44
HE-35
BR-60
RE-57
FA-70
TH-65
STR-31

DataKing

TU-51
STA-51
HE-33
BR-40
RE-50
FA-63
TH-71
STR-25

ntndeacon

TU-51
STA-63
HE-39
BR-40
RE-35
FA-68
TH-80
STR-25

BYU 14

TU-53
STA-63
HE-29
BR-40
RE-37
FA-42
TH-52
STR-25

Travis

TU-58
STA-60
HE-35
BR-40
RE-48
FA-49
TH-74
STR-21

chesapeake

TU-50
STA-51
HE-33
BR-60
RE-50
FA-60
TH-66
STR-40

Our 8th and final initial recruit had to be kicked out the airlock after he screamed in panic when a baby spider skittered across the floor. 10 new recruits were imediately ordered. If last time is any indication, we'll need 'em.

Last edited by Tasan : 07-30-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #26
RendeR
Coordinator

Toss me in the player queue!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #27
Tasan
College Starter

Interlude 1

We send in a modified request for 2 additional aquanauts, over the 10 we initially asked for. With the scrubs we get, we'll be lucky if 8 of them are combat worthy. In that request is an order for 10 scientists as well. We also request more ammo for the attack subs and general equipment for the troops. Everything from more rounds for the harpoons to extra gas cannons (big single shot heavy weapons) are ordered.

Apparently the same guys who used to design the old X-Com bases laid this one out. If we are ever attacked, this place is gonna be a deathtrap, mainly for us. We get to work ordering more berthing for the troops and eggheads, as well as storage and an alien containment/torture center. Speaking of eggheads, the lab techs get to work on a decent Med kit that can work underwater, while the engineers eagerly await those plans so they can start work. The clock ticks by as we wait for the inevitable.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #28
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Toss me in the player queue!

Got it!

The player queue will be kept up top, along with the current active roster.

Feel free to post side stories and/or character plots for your guys if you want. As things progress, I'm going to try and get the storytelling side of things a bit more lively and interesting. The encounters should handle themselves, but the boring parts in between will need some sprucing up. Have fun with it!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #29
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah, I was wondering how you got such awesome bravery on all your guys. You just shoot the weak minded ones.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #30
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Ah, I was wondering how you got such awesome bravery on all your guys. You just shoot the weak minded ones.

Yeah, I decided not to be picky with the other stats, but I don't like the squeamish ones. Actually out of our starting 8 guys we got, only the one was below 40 on bravery, and he got the airlock.

You hear that incoming recruits? MAN UP!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:48 AM   #31
JeeberD
General Manager

Argh, just missed out on the initial group. Hopefully I'm brave enough to make the cut...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 AM   #32
Tasan
College Starter

Mission 1
January 1st, 2040

Everyone is getting settled into their bunks when the klaxons go off. "X-COM Sub teams to your ships. This is not a drill. Recon team assemble and ready at the drop ship for possible recon and recover mission. This is not a drill." The horns continue to blare as the stunned looks on the rookies' faces fade into alertness and battle ready mode. Chaos turns to order as the troops remember training, and everyone moves to their places.

Barracuda 1 is the first out. The sonor is reporting a small contact of unknown type, so this will be the only ship dispatched at this time. The USO (unidentified submersible object) is almost directly south of Base Atlantic and moving fast. After a short chase, 'Cuda 1 catches the USO and cautiously moves in to attack. 1 of the 3 torpedoes launched hits, and the USO accelerates and moves off. The 'Cuda gives chase, but the craft decides to stop just a few miles to the west. General Tasan orders the drop ship, Triton 1, to go to the landing site, recon the area, and discover what is out there.

Night chases the Triton as it makes its way west to the site. Just before landing, a very small blip appears on the sonar and 'Cuda 2 is dispatched to intercept. The tiny sub doesn't give much of a fight and 'Cuda 2 scores a kill. Not much is left either, so no mission is planned for a followup recovery. The news of the kill is send to the Triton just before touchdown, and cheers go up in the passenger section. With hearts high, the sub slides to the bottom, coming to a stop within sight of the alien vessel.

Barkeep gets a gas gun, the large, single shot mining weapon. He pops the standard load AP rounds out and with a big grin throws in the HE clip. He's only got one of each. Chesapeake gets the other heavy weapon, the auto-fire Hydro-Jet cannon. A rather disappointed look on his face lets the rest of the crew know he's only got AP rounds, but he's got quite a few to rock on full auto a bit. BYU 14 and Travis each get a few extra clips due to their poor range scores, and Travis gets a couple extra grenades to try to make himself a little more useful. Geared up, the troops make their way down the exit ramp.

We're in the top left corner of the map, for those of you following along. First out the door is hoopsguy, followed by DataKing and Barkeep. They head south and will form the first team, we'll call them Alpha. ntndeacon, Travis, BYU14 and chesapeake head west across the map and form Bravo team. Everything is clear as the head out, and the alien sub is nowhere in sight. Someone is gonna have to speak to the driver about this.

The teams fan out and begin to search. The comms stay quite until BYU 14 nervously opens a channel. "Guys, I think I see something, about 200 yards east of my position. Looks like a ship of some sort, but nothin' I've ever seen."

"Roger" tensely comes back from the rest of the squad.

"Alpha will continue the sweep south, and then join you at the ship. We wanna make sure there aren't any baddies out here lurking around before we move in position. Hold at the doorway, if you can find one." Barkeep is giving orders like he isn't just one of the privates. Someone has to take the lead, and nobody else was offering anything useful.

"Roger" comes back from everyone in Bravo, and the teams move out again, a little more careful than before.

As the squad fans out further, chesapeake sees something. A large green thing, standing upright on long, man like legs, moves from behind the far end of the sub! It ducks back behind the ship, then peaks out again. chesapeake is ready this time and lets loose a single shot, which sails wide of its target.

"Contact sighted!" he excitedly yells into his mic.

Bravo moves to take cover and get better beads on the target. chesepeake and BYU14 head to the top of the sub, where the creature was spotted. Travis and ntndeacon head to the bottom side of the sub to try to flank the target.

As Alpha continues its sweep, Barkeep notices something out of the corner of his eye.

"Movement! I have movement to the east of me!"

"Are you sure its not our target?" ntndeacon chimes in.

"Negative, this is further south. I can't get a clear look, but this isn't Nemo I'm seeing, thats for sure. Alpha adjusting a little to the east to get a better look," Barkeep informs them. The rest of his team follows.

"Son of a bitch! Get down BYU!" screams chesapeake as some kind of shot flies between him and BYU 14. The shot slams into the side of the Triton far to the rear, and the pilot adds "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!!!???!"

chesapeake reacts on instinct, though, and takes a dead aim this time. His shot flies true and the alien falls to the seabed, lifeless.

"Got 'im! Contact down!" chesapeake informs the rest of the team.

"Great shot ches, but don't let your guard down yet, I saw more movement," Barkeep adds.

Bravo team starts heading towards the sub again, even more wary than before. How many can fit in this small craft? 1? 3? More?

"Contact, I have another one of those green guys, I think!" comes from Barkeep. "Same one I think from before."

"Roger that Barkeep, see if you can locate and terminate, we're continuing on to the sub. ntndeacon out."

"We gotta find a way into this thing," ntndeacon thinks to himself. So far, nothing has looked like a door. However, no one has a clear line on the far side of the sub. The teams continue to get into position for an eventual assault, while trying to keep an eye out for more "Green Guys". hoopsguy is sweeping far to the west and south, with Barkeep cutting a line directly down the middle, heading to the south in backup of hoopsguy. Dataking is shadowing Barkeep a little to the north and east.

"I see him in my sights!" reports Barkeep. "Taking a shot." Barkeeps drops to one knee and lets loose a HE round. He doesn't have time to properly aim, and snaps a shot high and wide of the target. The round flies harmlessly off into the distance, not even hitting something close to maybe catch the greenie in the explosion.

"Crap. Gonna need some backup here, it sees me!"

"On it Barkeep, keep it together man" responds DataKing and he moves into position to try to take a shot. Unfortunately, he can't get into position and the alien gets off a shot, but it sails wide. All of the sudden, another alien appears to the east of Barkeep and takes a shot as well, but it goes wide!

"Multiple contacts taking shots, I'm pinned! yells Barkeep.

"Keep your shorts on, I'm coming! I should be able to get a drop on the guy to your east, you worry about the guy further south!" Dataking breaks into action, heading east. Barkeep turns and fires, this time finding his mark dead on. The rounds sails into the chest of the creature and explodes, sending shock waves and green goo slamming into the rocks around it.

"Green guy down! Someone get a mop!" cries Barkeep, suddenly feeling a lot better about his chances.

"I have your other guy, I've got a drop on him. Taking the shot!" Dataking lets loose a full auto shot, but his three rounds can't find their mark.

"Keep your head down, Barkeep, its still out there," Dataking tells him. He drops down to get out of the line of sight.

"Hey guys, I think I see a door," reports ntndeacon. "Its over here on the backside, just like we thought. Bravo get over here and set up covering fire. Alpha, we'll take this alone, you guys have your hands full down there it sounds like."

chesapeake moves closer to position himself just to the north of the door. BYU14 decides to split and head to the south side, because Travis is falling behind to support Alpha team.

"Barkeep, he's moving again, lookin' your way!" reports Dataking.

"I see him. What the hell? He just threw something at me! Oh shit, its bee..."

A sudden shock wave hits the team.

"Barkeep! Barkeep! REPORT IN!" cries Dataking, but only static returns his request. Barkeep is gone, blown to bits by an alien device.

"Bravo team is moving into position!" replies ntndeacon, trying to keep his cool. As BYU14 moves to support, he sees something. TO the east and south, another green alien is moving to support his buddy who just killed Barkeep. If he sees Bravo team, he's in a perfect ambush position to take out the team! BYU 14 takes aim, but misses wildly. The alien turns to fire, but something floats swiftly into view. Travis has throw a grenade! It lands on the rise in front of the alien, and explodes! It doesn't appear to do any damage, but kicks up enough seafloor to cover the team momentarily.

Dataking, blind with rage after seeing his buddy blown to bits, rises and spots the alien again. This time, he has the time to take a calculated shot, and it sails true. The alien merely flinches though, and raises its weapon to return the shot. The alien can't find his target though, and the blast goes wide. Dataking again takes aim and his shot is true again, and this time the alien falls.

"Got the one that took out Barkeep! He's down! I'm going to see if I can get in position to help BYU find the other one," reports Dataking.

"Roger that DK, we're moving on the interior now. Go go go!"

On that command, ntndeacon and chesapeake crash through the doors and into the alien ship. Immediately chesapeake spots a lone alien and blasts him in the back with a full auto shot from his Hydro cannon, felling the beast. The interior is clear.

Outside, BYU 14 moves to get a clear view around the sediment that Travis kicked up. He spots the alien again and snaps off another shot. This one hits harmlessly on the hillside, but the alien appears to be running for its life and doesn't turn to fire on BYU 14. Travis moves to get in better position. On the far side of the grid, hoopsguys moves to try to get in on the action. So far, its been real quiet for him.

The alien spotted by BYU 14 comes to his senses and turns to fire. His shot hits a pillar of dirt in front of BYU 14 harmlessly. Travis primes another grenade and his throw is on the money this time, landing at the alien's flippers. It looks down for a moment, and Travis sees a look of recognition cross its gills. Seconds later the grenade explodes and bits of the alien are scattered over the ocean floor.

With that, all that's left is the cleanup. Searching the corpses, one is found still alive. Unfortunately the containment center isn't ready yet, so DataKing empties his clip into it, silencing it forever. All in all, this was a very successful mission. A fully intact alien sub carries several valuable parts to research, and the aliens were carrying strange and powerful weapons to research. Barkeep will be missed, but X-COM will move onward.

Last edited by Tasan : 07-31-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:38 AM   #33
Tasan
College Starter

Yeah, ok, they'll be shorter next time. Sheesh that turned out loooooooong.

Last edited by Tasan : 07-31-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:00 AM   #34
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I rather enjoy long writeups.

Sucks for BK.

But every death moves me up the roster!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:21 AM   #35
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

HOW...DID...I...MISS...THIS??!?!?!?!?!?

I am IN.

IN!

Damn you!

Or put me on the list, pretty please.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:25 AM   #36
Tasan
College Starter

Done!

You know, I almost posted about this in the FOOL forum, but I didn't want Alan to get all worried that I might leave both FOOLs over there to concentrate on this.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:39 AM   #37
Icy
Pro Starter

Awesome dinasty, you are making me wanting to play x-com again, my fav game ever.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:53 AM   #38
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

no pics?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In just like the GB ones.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

It's tough to stare at the berth once occupied by Barkeep. In his honor we take the last 6 pack of Miller light from his mini fridge. Toast our fallen comrade and then each pour a shot of his favorite brew on his pillow.

Hopefully his replacement will bring fresh pillow cases.

Cheers BK
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #41
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Our Honored Fallen
------------------
Barkeep - That wasn't a doughnut they were throwing at you.
Travis - Knock Knock!
Kodos - Alien on Alien action just isn't what it used to be.
Neon Chaos - There are ALWAYS two. You got one. You fail.
RealDeal - Plopping yourself right where the last guy just died was prolly not the best plan.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-03-2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #42
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
no pics?

OOOOoooo didn't think about pictures. Should be real easy running it in dosbox as well. The whole dosbox setup is nice. I can play the game in a window and move back and forth to my writeup fairly easily.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #43
chesapeake
College Starter

First kill! Yay me.

In the narrative, it looks like I got 2 kills, but I presume that I just knocked down one? The damn AP rounds need more oomph!
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:18 AM   #44
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
First kill! Yay me.

In the narrative, it looks like I got 2 kills, but I presume that I just knocked down one? The damn AP rounds need more oomph!

You know what, I need to go and double check kills. I was just guessing on those totals last night. It was late, things get wonky for me.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:26 AM   #45
Tasan
College Starter

Just double checked stats chesapeake, and yeah, one of your knockdowns was a kill, and the other was the "live" one we got. I'm kinda glad you didn't have the HE rounds this time though, because you would have blown everything in the ship up! I totally rush-jobbed the entrance of the sub because I was afraid we were getting out flanked, so ntndeacon didn't have time to get a shot off.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #46
DataKing
Pro Rookie

A shame I couldn't take down the little alien bastard before he took down Barkeep. I will carry that weight with me for the rest of my life (which, if I recall my past X-com experiences correctly, will be all of 1 week or so ).
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #47
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What difficulty are you on?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #48
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
What difficulty are you on?

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may be called a wimp. I can tell you that I'm not on Easy. That's all I'm authorized to say.

TFTD has seriously kicked my butt in the past.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm surprised I was able to find my way back to the ship after reading that account of the events.

I'm also disappointed that BK had cheap beer in his locker. If we are going to be putting our lives on the line for our planet we can at least drink decent beer. Miller Light? The aliens did him a favor.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #50
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Drinks to the memory of Barkeep..I think we need to rename this first Alien ship as Barkeep in his memory.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote