Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #251
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Of all the right wing shills in the world I think Jesse Waters is the one I would like to punch in the dick the most, and that is saying something.

It is tie between him and his buddy Guttfeld.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
It is tie between him and his buddy Guttfeld.

Guttfeld is a close second.

The faux indignation they show is just so irritating. It amazes me people thing any of them are even remotely genuine.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #253
kingfc22
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...trump-economy/

Quote:
The parts of America that have seen strong job, population and economic growth in the past four years voted for Joe Biden, economic researchers found. In contrast, President Trump garnered his highest vote shares in counties that had some of the most sluggish job, population and economic growth during his term
Old 11-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #254
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Once again, "It's the economy, stupid"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-15-2020 at 11:10 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:56 AM   #255
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
It's too bad Twitter can't vary/get creative with their disclaimers.

"Official sources called this election differently"
"This is patently false"
"Yet again, this is a complete lie"
"Yeah...where to start with this one"
"Look, this is just crazy-pants bad"

Well, ain't that creepy:

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-16-2020 at 08:57 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:36 AM   #256
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

… can Cuervo get royalties?
Old 11-16-2020, 10:05 AM   #257
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
This is where I'm really concerned about Parler (or something else) and OANN (or something else) becoming the "safe spaces" for much of the right.
"...the ONLY ones providing truthful, accurate numbers..."

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-16-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #258
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My wife downloaded Parler because her parents are now on it... she lasted 5 minutes before she deleted it.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #259
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If people really want Trump to concede, they need to be pointing out every court loss (think he's up to 25 now) and make sure he thinks that we are laughing at him every time.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #260
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
My wife downloaded Parler because her parents are now on it... she lasted 5 minutes before she deleted it.

My wife's family has already asked if she's moving to Parler and she told them no. She then got into a into argument with a friend over it because she was trying to tell my wife that Facebook suppresses conservative voices. My wife pointed out that Facebook has Trump donors like Peter Thiel on the board and Zuckerberg has met with Trump multiple times. It went nowhere. She still insisted liberals are given a louder voice on Facebook.

The Trump cult thing is getting worse. Reasonable people are refusing to accept facts that go against alt-right talking points.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #261
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
"...the ONLY ones providing truthful, accurate numbers..."

The visual and audio quality reminds me of a local station in Huntington, WV.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #262
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
My wife's family has already asked if she's moving to Parler and she told them no. She then got into a into argument with a friend over it because she was trying to tell my wife that Facebook suppresses conservative voices. My wife pointed out that Facebook has Trump donors like Peter Thiel on the board and Zuckerberg has met with Trump multiple times. It went nowhere. She still insisted liberals are given a louder voice on Facebook.

The Trump cult thing is getting worse. Reasonable people are refusing to accept facts that go against alt-right talking points.

When conservatism conflicted with democracy, conservatives chose to abandon democracy.

I guess it shouldn't surprise us too much what their response would be when conservatism started to conflict with reality.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:15 AM   #263
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The visual and audio quality reminds me of a local station in Huntington, WV.

I do think that people are getting way ahead of things predicting the demise of Fox and the rise of OANN/Newsmax/Trump TV/Russian State Television/whatever.

Fox has A+ broadcast quality. Fox has A+ marketing arms. Fox is an established player who understands this stuff.

Fox hasn't bothered even trying to crush these upstarts in the same way that an elephant doesn't really bother trying to crush a flea. Or Warner Brothers doesn't care about some indie studio in Portland trying to "reinvent movies."

But if Fox decides that these Nazi public access guys are competition and starts treating them accordingly, I think that Fox will be just fine.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #264
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
… can Cuervo get royalties?

It's the same alert from the 11/13 tweet, I just used it as a jumping-off point.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:41 PM   #265
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I do think that people are getting way ahead of things predicting the demise of Fox and the rise of OANN/Newsmax/Trump TV/Russian State Television/whatever.

Fox has A+ broadcast quality. Fox has A+ marketing arms. Fox is an established player who understands this stuff.

Fox hasn't bothered even trying to crush these upstarts in the same way that an elephant doesn't really bother trying to crush a flea. Or Warner Brothers doesn't care about some indie studio in Portland trying to "reinvent movies."

But if Fox decides that these Nazi public access guys are competition and starts treating them accordingly, I think that Fox will be just fine.

That's what a reasonable conservative friend of mine has said. If they wanted to, they could crush these little upstarts. If Trump doesn't play ball, he thinks Murdoch and the wealthy GOP donors will train all his guns on him and clear out the competition. But so long as they all feed the Fox ecosystem, they're allowed to survive. I'm not so certain - once you've had a hit of that sweet, sweet OANN-esque conspiracy theory, do you need more and more?

SI

Old 11-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #266
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
That's what a reasonable conservative friend of mine has said. If they wanted to, they could crush these little upstarts. If Trump doesn't play ball, he thinks Murdoch and the wealthy GOP donors will train all his guns on him and clear out the competition. But so long as they all feed the Fox ecosystem, they're allowed to survive. I'm not so certain - once you've had a hit of that sweet, sweet OANN-esque conspiracy theory, do you need more and more?

SI

It just seems to always play out the same way.

We all bitch about EA and Madden. But anytime someone starts a competing football game, we don't buy it.

We all complain about ESPN, but who do we end up watching?

We say that Hollywood movies are all cookie cutter and formulaic. But look at where we spend our dollars.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:39 PM   #267
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I mean I'm sure FOX has enough dirt (that would actually move the needle for conservatives) on Trump that they don't have to worry too much. And Fox News is on basic cable unlike OANN and the sort.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #268
Atocep
Coordinator

I can only imagine what things on Parler are like because I've seen multiple people post in recent days something to the effect of "patriots on alternative social media sites are prepared to take America back".
Old 11-16-2020, 05:55 PM   #269
Flasch186
Coordinator

Well if any of them are Realtors they just passed an article to their code of ethics that states that they can't post harassing or hate speech trained at any "protected class," ANYTIME. That's a big change. They used to say it was only when performing their duties as a Realtor but now it's literally any time so.... get ready for some people to touch the fire on Parler and get turned in and lose their license to work as Realtors. For a while, they'll view Parler as fogged windows or curtains but soon they'll find out that it was a screen porch.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:55 PM   #270
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
I can only imagine what things on Parler are like because I've seen multiple people post in recent days something to the effect of "patriots on alternative social media sites are prepared to take America back".

r/parlerwatch has started up. I think it's safe to say that it is exactly what you expect.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #271
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
r/parlerwatch has started up. I think it's safe to say that it is exactly what you expect.

good lord...
Old 11-16-2020, 09:13 PM   #272
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post

That's a very informative sub.

I just learned that that Dems are tainting donuts with COVID.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:51 PM   #273
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
That's a very informative sub.

I just learned that that Dems are tainting donuts with COVID.

Tell me more of these donuts you speak of.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:41 AM   #274
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Mmmmmmmm...forbidden donuts.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Its the perfect explanation. The donuts give you diabetes, then the tainted one gives you the rona, when you die of the rona it was because you had a pre existing condition.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #276
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Tell me more of these donuts you speak of.

They're pretty ordinary. Except for the COVID sprinkles.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #277
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

my money's still on bullet to the head. As far as who does it, that's still up for grabs
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #278
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
They're pretty ordinary. Except for the COVID sprinkles.

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #279
JPhillips
General Manager

Rudy wants 20k a day to represent Trump. How can Rudy believe that Trump will ever pay him?
Old 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #280
AlexB
Pro Starter

If he does manage to somehow get his coup through, good money says this comes up in Senate within the next four years. Lifetime immunity and resetting term counts? They’ll be all over that!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54979804

Last edited by AlexB : 11-17-2020 at 01:18 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #281
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm not sure what's going to happen first - me damning this country to hell, or it going straight there on its own.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:50 PM   #282
Atocep
Coordinator

That punts it over to the Secretary of State for certification. As far as Biden winning goes, it does nothing, but this just further cements the fact that we're unlikely to have another normal election.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:52 PM   #283
Ksyrup

He effing won Michigan by 150K votes and there's not been a single credible allegation of fraud.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #284
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
He effing won Michigan by 150K votes and there's not been a single credible allegation of fraud.

They're digging in on something they've previously been ok with.

Quote:
The decision came after a number of absentee ballot poll books were found to be out of balance, a situation that did not stop the same board from certifying results in the August primary or the November 2016 election results.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #285
kingfc22
Head Coach

The last election was an 11k difference and not a peep. Fuck this political party

Last edited by kingfc22 : 11-17-2020 at 05:57 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 05:57 PM   #286
Swaggs
Coordinator

There is absolutely no consequence for bad behavior any longer. Not held accountable by voters because everyone is so partisan and laws are only selectively applied or enforced. If leaders have no fear of consequence from the people they represent or the law, we are headed in a real bad direction.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #287
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That punts it over to the Secretary of State for certification. As far as Biden winning goes, it does nothing, but this just further cements the fact that we're unlikely to have another normal election.

Tough to have democratic elections when one party does not believe in democracy.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #288
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Tough to have democratic elections when one party does not believe in democracy.

And it's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation. If dems fight back then it's "both sides" and "respect democratic norms". If they don't then we don't have a democracy and it's dems fault for not putting forward better candidates.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #289
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Right and the SecState of Michigan said she'd certify the votes regardless of what the County does.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #290
JPhillips
General Manager

Dems could at least have a coordinated message of outrage. Staying silent and moving on won't dissuade the GOP from going further next time.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:48 PM   #291
bhlloy
Coordinator

That and the fact we have an outgoing president actively trying to tank the economy, cause crises around the world that could actively lead to war and screw over American citizens just to scorch the earth for the next guy because he can't handle losing.

After the initial relief of Biden winning, the last few days has firmly got back into "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" territory to be perfectly honest. We've maybe got a reprieve for 2 or 4 years and we're right back here in 2024 is the best case scenario.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #292
Butter
Coordinator

4 years is just long enough for me to get my shit together and move out of this shithole country
Old 11-17-2020, 07:02 PM   #293
Ksyrup

I told my wife 3 months ago that after the election, I was going to put in motion step 1 of my Canada 2030 plan. I wasn't joking, and even though Trump didn't win, I don't see any reason not to start the due diligence.
Old 11-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #294
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We've been kicking this around, too. Not so easy, though

SI

Old 11-17-2020, 07:05 PM   #295
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I'm not sure what's going to happen first - me damning this country to hell, or it going straight there on its own.

You will be shocked to find that one of the guys has a ton of racist Facebook posts and seems sort of in on Q.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #296
bhlloy
Coordinator

We backed off our plans after the Biden win (even finalizing our refi we've had in the fire for a while and making some other long term things) but I wish I'd stuck more to my guns to be honest. My wife could work in one of 20 countries worldwide if she wanted with a few months notice and as a fallback I have a UK passport (which is obviously a lot less valuable than it was a year ago as well, which is almost as depressing)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #297
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I told my wife 3 months ago that after the election, I was going to put in motion step 1 of my Canada 2030 plan. I wasn't joking, and even though Trump didn't win, I don't see any reason not to start the due diligence.

My wife was offered a role in England with her company. We could live in the same town as her sister and our nieces, brother in law, and his family. Had Trump won we would have given it serious thought.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:18 PM   #298
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Wayne County reverses course and unanimously certifies. A few minutes after, Trump send a tweet praising them for not certifying. Oops.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #299
Thomkal
Head Coach

And about 20 minutes or so after Trump and his Press Secretary praised them for their bravery
Old 11-17-2020, 09:09 PM   #300
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Wayne County reverses course and unanimously certifies. A few minutes after, Trump send a tweet praising them for not certifying. Oops.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Options

#1: They may have checked their social media as their names, workplaces became common knowledge and decided it wasn't worth committing hari-kiri for the Fanta Menace

#2 The Secretary of State told them it was going to happen anyway

#3 They remembered they live in Detroit and would eventually have to go outside.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote