Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #151
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Q: What if there is a tie vote, and everyone voted for one of the players who was tied?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #152
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The joy of overanalyzing the tone and language of posts on D1! Though it's not a terrible idea. Having much recent knowledge at the stress that goes into posting when you are a wolf, little things tend to come up in your language.

I tend to stress more posting when I'm a villager. When I'm a wolf I'm so busy trying to think about what I'd say were I a villager that I tend to forget that there's stuff that could damage the team which I shouldn't be saying.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #153
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Q: What if there is a tie vote, and everyone voted for one of the players who was tied?

Then you get lynched for being a Smart Alec.

Hi there Passa.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #154
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Then you get lynched for being a Smart Alec.

Hi there Passa.

Hi!

It was a legitimate question, though -- if the vote is like 7-7 or something, there's no one eligible to be lynched by the rules. Does that mean there's no lynch?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #155
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just saw there's 16 of us, so make that an 8-8 tie.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Let's try and draw out another inactive player

Unvote CR
Vote ntndeacon

This doesnt make me feel any better about you. A d1 vote for NTN beaing inactive is a pretty easy place to hide given his playing style.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #157
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
You said until he checks in, yes. Not the second thing. Having played with him a fair amount he tends to post in bunches when he has time to, though I also recall he's been inactive recently. But I don't think you said that!

It just struck me as weird, is all, maybe just me.

I think it's pretty strongly implied in the phrase and gives us some indication he's going to be around this game, no?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #158
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I think it's pretty strongly implied in the phrase and gives us some indication he's going to be around this game, no?

Okay I'm not gonna get into an argument of semantics here. But to be fair DV has been more of a no-show recently, and CR is a very valuable villager even if he only has time to do his bunch posting. Not saying DV isn't valuable, he made a great/tough decision last game, but if you're gonna put a third vote on someone to encourage them to post more I'd wager it should be DV.

Then there's Narcizo, why -wouldn't- you want to vote for him?!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #159
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

FEAR THE WRATH OF NARK!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #160
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm out until later this evening.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #161
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I know! Let's all vote someone who says something because it's easy to read that as suspicious. And not vote for someone not saying anything. Because at least they're not saying anything suspicious.

Part 56.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #162
The Jackal
Coordinator

You forgot the part where we vote for the first person to put the second vote on someone!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #163
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This doesnt make me feel any better about you. A d1 vote for NTN beaing inactive is a pretty easy place to hide given his playing style.

Especially when he has only now gotten to a computer!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #164
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Wheelbarrow
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #165
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote bhlloy
Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #166
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well, this is all very exciting. I think this is the first time I've had more than one vote on day one. I shall have to leave you for now. Have fun.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #167
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 166:

bhlloy 3 - Lathum (138), The Jackal (143), ntndeacon (165)
Darth Vilus 2 - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102)
Narcizo 2 - PackerFanatic (109), mauboy1 (125)
ntndeacon 1 - bhlloy (144)
Autumn 1 - MrBug708 (139)

Ioccane Powder - Narcizo (113), The Jackal (124), Chief Rum (129)
Wheelbarrow - Autumn (107), JAG (108), PackerFanatic (110), mauboy1 (125), bhlloy (126), Lathum (138), MrBug708 (139), ntndeacon (164)

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM   #168
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

I'll take the suggestion of you being lynched?

Actually at that point there would be no lynch, if you want to risk starting that chain of events with the tie lynch vote rules...

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-26-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #169
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of post 166:

Darth Vilus 2 - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102)
Narcizo 2 - PackerFanatic (109), mauboy1 (125)
Chief Rum 1 - bhlloy (126)

Ioccane Powder - Narcizo (113), The Jackal (124), Chief Rum (129)
Wheelbarrow - Autumn (107), JAG (108), PackerFanatic (110), mauboy1 (125), bhlloy (126), Lathum (138), MrBug708 (139), ntndeacon (164)

bhlloy's vote is on ntndeacon now (post 144)
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #170
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Putting in a vote now in case I don't get back on tonight

VOTE DARTH VILUS
SELECT WHEELBARROW
Old 07-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #171
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Select Ioccane Powder

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #172
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Narcizo

If i were a wolf I would try to get the powder in case i were in danger of being lynched, that would give me a chance at survival. If the wolves get it can't they just pass it between themselves?

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #173
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm a vaniila by the way FWIW

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #174
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

The powder might not be in the game but I'd rather take a chance at getting it just to make it harder for the wolves to get it in case it is in the game

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #175
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Narcizo

If i were a wolf I would try to get the powder in case i were in danger of being lynched, that would give me a chance at survival. If the wolves get it can't they just pass it between themselves?

If it wasn't clear this is why i voted for Narcizo

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #176
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Select Ioccane Powder

Quote:

This was rather amusing in back to back posts.

But I understand the thinking. You'd think there's gotta be at least one wolf on the powder, unless they specifically decided that would be a villager strategy that could lead us astray (targeting groups of item selecters).
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #177
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i wouldnt mind a narcizo and Chief Rum run off. I'd give jackal a day break because he was a wolf in the last game

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM   #178
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
The powder might not be in the game but I'd rather take a chance at getting it just to make it harder for the wolves to get it in case it is in the game

I think it is safe to say the powder is in the game. I don't think EF would have given us the option to select it if it wasn't.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #179
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This was rather amusing in back to back posts.

But I understand the thinking. You'd think there's gotta be at least one wolf on the powder, unless they specifically decided that would be a villager strategy that could lead us astray (targeting groups of item selecters).

Yeah i noticed that lol. Even if people didnt want to vote for those candidates it would be better to select the powder instead of the wheelbarrow in my opinion. I'd like to keep something like that out of the wolves' paws

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #180
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah there's a rather strange small amount of people on the powder. I was planning on choosing it all along, moreso because it was an awesome part of the movie than the skill it gives. But if I won it it would give me the chance of a foreshadowed battle of wits with JAG!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #181
The Jackal
Coordinator

(this is what I was referring to in the above post)

Quote:
JAG I challenge you to (another) battle of wits!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #182
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

yeah you're right, I misread it. It's in the game

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #183
The Jackal
Coordinator

Presumably the wheelbarrow will either be 1) wasted by a villager choosing a random target, 2) used by a villager to luckily prevent a NK, 3) used by the wolves on one of their own to buy trust, 4) used by the wolves on the BG if their scanning role is in the game and they find him

Maybe I missed something but the powder seems like something we'd be more concerned with narrowing the odds that a wolf would get it.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #184
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Way to bite off exactly what I just said

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #185
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #186
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, and it turns out those dinner plans were cancelled, so I might be here for the deadline after all!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM   #187
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Way to bite off exactly what I just said

I expanded on it! Actually I re-typed that post a couple times as I was thinking fluidly, the first one credited you with the idea. I don't know what happened!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 186:

Darth Vilus 3 - Autumn (98), Narcizo (102), Passacaglia (170)
Narcizo 3 - PackerFanatic (109), mauboy1 (125), Darth Vilus (172)
ntndeacon 1 - bhlloy (144)

Ioccane Powder - Narcizo (113), The Jackal (124), Chief Rum (129), Darth Vilus (171)
Wheelbarrow - Autumn (107), JAG (108), PackerFanatic (110), mauboy1 (125), bhlloy (126), Lathum (138), MrBug708 (139), ntndeacon (164), Passacaglia (170)
Old 07-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #189
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh yeah, I'm not going to be here by deadline, i have to head out to work in about an hour and a half. Working for 4 ****ing hours! i hate my job

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #190
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like that Darth is more active than normal on Day One (just like me). I don't like he wants a runoff between me and Narcizo. I don't have much else to go on at this point.

VOTE DARTH VILUS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:15 PM   #191
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

mhmm, sure chief. you don't have a single vote yet, what danger are you in?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 06:23 PM   #192
MrBug708
Head Coach

unvote Autumn

vote Narizco
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM   #193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
mhmm, sure chief. you don't have a single vote yet, what danger are you in?

I did have votes. I have definitely been in the discussion. So it's not farfetched to look askance at a desire to vote me (which I would even with no suspicion, who likes to be targeted?). And besides, there were three players with three votes each, you included. Almost certainly I was going to vote for one of those three. On Day One, where we have nothing to go on, you targeting me is all I need, don't you think?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #194
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Just seemed like you were trying to justify your vote early. it's day 1 so everyone knows votes are all over the place. You just made it sound like you were fearful for yourself annd i dont see a reason to be.

As of post #188 you don't have a single vote, you just rubbed me the wrong way

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #195
The Jackal
Coordinator

In CR's defense he had three early votes (JAG, myself, and bhlloy), but we all switched shortly after he checked in. So even if he didn't have any votes when you came into the thread, he's likely felt like he's been in self-defense mode since he came in today.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #196
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Presumably the wheelbarrow will either be 1) wasted by a villager choosing a random target, 2) used by a villager to luckily prevent a NK, 3) used by the wolves on one of their own to buy trust, 4) used by the wolves on the BG if their scanning role is in the game and they find him

Maybe I missed something but the powder seems like something we'd be more concerned with narrowing the odds that a wolf would get it.

That's a solid point actually. I went wheelbarrow because I figured I'd probably have better odds of using it successfully than being lynched and getting a chance to use the powder, but if a wolf used the powder successfully, they would not only avoid the lynch and lynch a villager in their place, they would waste a day of voting the following day when everyone piled on them. Playing this defensively might make more sense.

Unselect wheelbarrow
Select iocane powder

Vote bhlloy

Think this ties it up at 4.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #197
Danny
Head Coach

Three people at 4 votes each, I'm going to get a vote in here just in case I fall asleep as I feel the need for a nap and don't mind breaking the tie
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #198
Danny
Head Coach

select iocane powder

I'll look it over a bit more before voting
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #199
Danny
Head Coach

I do find it a bit interesting bh and darth don't have their votes on each other.

I'm going to go with bhlloy for now.

Vote bhlloy
Old 07-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #200
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I didnt vote him yet cause I'd still rather see a narcizo lynch. i'll move before i leave if i have to

―Darth Plagueis the Wise