Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #101
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am going to completely uninstall ootp9 and then re-install and see if that fixes it. Since it seems to be an issue with my side or my team in the league file. If an uninstall doesn't fix it, then it has to be the league file.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #102
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I got confused by my own posting. In part because things have kept changing -- and because I'm at work and it's a bad combination to try to think about all of this, with the real stuff I have going on.

So sorry, you all were right. Sim was supposed to be tonight and I said I'd sim the regular season tomorrow night. My bad.

So carry on as you were. Exports are due tonight at 10, I'll sim through ST sometime after that and then the season will be tomorrow night.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #103
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Completely uninstalled ootp9 and deleted all folders/saved games/everything on my system to do with ootp9.

Installed fresh ootp9. Loaded the fool files.

Made no changes to my team, exported successfully, import still fails.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #104
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Got a completely different system and updated ootp on it (it was still 9.2.2 from way back when) and loaded the league file on it. Same thing. I can upload to the ftp and then try to import from ftp I get the same error.

Seems that it is a problem with something in the league file having to do with the team. Meaning likely nothing I can fix.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #105
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Logging into someone else's team I am able to export locally to disk and re-import fine on both systems. (Didn't upload to ftp to test that as I did not want to mess up their export). However the local export/import works without a problem for other teams besides Valdosta.

It either is something messed up with my human_managers account or with the Valdosta team inside of the league file.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #106
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

DC, you'll have to test this since I don't have the access to.

Can you assign my human_manager account to one of the AI controlled teams and attempt an export/import. Also try to assign a different manager to Valdosta and do the export/import... So we can see if it is my account messed up, or the team itself?

Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #107
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here, download this human_managers.dat file and overwrite yours and see how that works for you.

http://www.omnivore.us/human_managers.dat
Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #108
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
DC, you'll have to test this since I don't have the access to.

Can you assign my human_manager account to one of the AI controlled teams and attempt an export/import. Also try to assign a different manager to Valdosta and do the export/import... So we can see if it is my account messed up, or the team itself?

I'll do that now. Good idea.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #109
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Here, download this human_managers.dat file and overwrite yours and see how that works for you.

http://www.omnivore.us/human_managers.dat

Trying now, but the more I play with it, the more I think it is the team. Even an export changing nothing for Valdosta is only half the size of most normal "valid" exports are.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #110
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

yeah, same behavior with that human_managers.dat file. Invalid files for exports both locally and via ftp

Old 01-09-2009, 06:56 PM   #111
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If it's the team, what would you like me to do? I'm waiting for my game to load now, so I can test the other idea.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #112
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If it's the team, what would you like me to do? I'm waiting for my game to load now, so I can test the other idea.

I am trying to remember what options there are for db management within the league file.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #113
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The easiest thing would be for me to create a new team for you and delete the corrupt team and to move all of your players from the corrupt team to the new one before getting rid of it.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 PM   #114
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I guess that is the only thing I can think of if it is indeed the team. Should be easy enough to know for sure based on the tests you are going to do.

I am looking through the game functions, and not really much I can find that would be causing this. I guess you could send me a sql dump configured for ms access for me to look at the dat files that way, but no telling if I would find anything there, and if I did find something, how I would fix it.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #115
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Any luck testing? Did you figure out if it is the account or the team that is the culprit?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #116
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It was the team, as we figured. I changed the owner of Valdosta to my account and I couldn't export/import or anything.

So I created a new team, moved all of the players to the minors, assigned those affiliates to the new Peanuts, deleted the broken team and then assigned you as the Lord of all Peanutia.

I tried exporting and importing locally as you and had no issues. So you should be good to go now.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #117
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm uploading a stage file just for you that you can download and access your team, it'll be up here in a few minutes and when it is, I'll let you know.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #118
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm uploading a stage file just for you that you can download and access your team, it'll be up here in a few minutes and when it is, I'll let you know.

Ok thanks for the help, I'll make it quick so it can be done by 10. I won't go through and make all of the changes I did before.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #119
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

File is up.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #120
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Uploaded my file and test-downloaded it with success... I can't express how frustrated I am with OOTP right now.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #121
muns
Pro Starter

I wanted to ECHO peoples posts about keeping this going DC, and for people not just throwing their hands up and quitting..... im looking forward to following from the back seat for a bit.... Hope everyone had a happy new year!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #122
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Exports from Atlanta, Boston, Colorado, Napa Valley and Valdosta
Old 01-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #123
Anthony
Banned

sounds like you should've contracted to 8 teams.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #124
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

DC, I think you have it keep/include/send messages for only the last 30 days in the league file. We need it closer to 200 or 250 to see all of our messages. That is why we aren't seeing the information on who turned down or accepted contract offers/etc.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #125
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Well that was a recent change. In the past, it's always been 0,0,0,200. But for the most recent file, I turned it down JUST to see if that would shrink the file size on my machine. But as I did it, I discovered the problem. For some reason, on my machine OOTP thinks it needs to generate 4000+ images and so, it just stops creating the archive. On my work machine, that doesn't happen. So all I have to do on my home machine to get it to generate the archive file in-game, is to turn off the upload new images button.

So future files will have all of the messages and everything. The reason past files didn't have messages was because I was manually creating an archive that ONLY had the .dat files in it.

Bottom line of all of those words is...future files will work as they are/were supposed to.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-10-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #126
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I was mapping out my pitching rotation for this season and noticed that we have a 162 game schedule. I wasn't sure if that is what the league is playing now, or if it is supposed to be a 154 game schedule?

I'm submitting my file set up for the 162 game schedule, so hoping if it is supposed to be 154 game, we can wait till next season to change it back. (I'm likely not going to be around to change it later today if a new file with the new schedule is put up).

Old 01-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #127
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

We swapped to 162 last year. It was a function of the realignment, as all of the other schedules I found were interleague and I didn't think folks wanted that.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #128
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok cool no problem here then. Just making sure.

I'm exported for tonight and tested it to verify that I could re-import from the FTP so I am all good to go.

I have really only looked at the players on this team for 2 or 3 days now, so not really sure what they are capable of. Playing it mostly safe this season, giving many people chances to play. (have all 14 hitters listed as a starter in one of my two lineups), which means pretty much playing 6 platoons. That probably will mean I won't compete this season, but considering Valdosta finished dead last in all of FOOL last year before I took them back over again, I decided it best to determine who I can and can not count on moreso than trying to compete for 3rd or 4th place rather than 6th place.

I'd be suprised if I finish dead last again this year, I actually have no idea how the AI managed that feat last year but I'll be looking forward to seeing how this team plays. I think I have an extremely deep outfield talentwise, but my infield is extremely thin. My pitching is only average, but I absolutely love the pitchers I drafted this year and think that will be something I can fix in the next two seasons.