Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #51
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
what will the weekend rules be? Just realized im gonna be in wheeling for a wedding next weekend!
Wheeling, IL?

Anyhow there is no weekend play for Spawn. It's a long Night Cycle.

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #52
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think he means Wheeling, West Virginia, home of the Wheeling Nailers!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #53
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yeah WV frined from college is getting married (he let me live with him for a month in Hawaii before i foudn my own place, so I have to go )

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #54
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Hmmm ill sign up. im not working and im bored. i played one of the spawn games and enjoyed it ( i probed chubby )

sweet, bulletsponge is in, I am in... either game, summer officially starts tomorrow so i have nothing to occupy my time
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #55
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

oh, is it too late?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #56
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Not at all. Sign-ups will close sometime tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #57
RendeR
Coordinator

Tmmorrow!?!?!?!?!? DUDE =)

here I was all excited to start TODAY =)

bah, beaurocracy.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #58
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Is it too late or can I get in?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #59
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Is it too late or can I get in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Not at all. Sign-ups will close sometime tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure you are in.

21 players and counting - nice.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #60
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

bah, beaurocracy.
I'm glad I had always planned to start Tuesday cause the rules are taking me longer than I expected as I've made some changes to the setup and am having to rebalance things.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #61
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

bah, beaurocracy.

dont disparage the most noble porfession in the world!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #62
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
dont disparage the most noble porfession in the world!

I never said anything about Wenching....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:34 AM   #63
Danny
Head Coach

I read through some of the Spawn 2 game and can't wait now to get started now!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #64
saldana
Pro Starter

bk, is it decided we are playing spawn....i didnt play cathedral, so if thats the theme, i want to go read the old game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #65
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
If you end up being short one player, I'll try Spawn, but it does intimidate me...

the first spawn was the second game i ever played, and i was terrified by the rule set post, but after a day or two of seeing how the mechanics work, its not any more confusing than most games...you'll be fine
Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
bk, is it decided we are playing spawn....i didnt play cathedral, so if thats the theme, i want to go read the old game
We're playing Spawn.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:15 AM   #67
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
the first spawn was the second game i ever played, and i was terrified by the rule set post, but after a day or two of seeing how the mechanics work, its not any more confusing than most games...you'll be fine

Go ahead and sign me up...this week isn't going to be as crazy as I thought.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #68
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
sweet, bulletsponge is in, I am in... either game, summer officially starts tomorrow so i have nothing to occupy my time

Quote:
oh, is it too late?

Yes. Summer officially started June 21.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #69
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Anyway, this is a good time for me to publish my "Vote Scorecard" -- this is what I'm going to use for Day 1 votes, and maybe later votes if I don't have much more of a read.

You get:
half a point for every post with a sentence that boils down to "I'm a villager" and nothing else.
a full point for every post in which the entire post boils down to "I'm a villager" and nothing else.

"Villager Checking In" posts are not counted in point totals -- the idea is to accrue points while you're hashing it out with someone else.

Do I think that this type of argument is somehow more wolfish? No, it's just a pet peeve.

I'll probably put in a vote for the first person I see score any points if I'm around, but if I'm not, I'll vote for whoever has the most points when I do show up. This is not a binding system -- lots of stuff can happen that will make me change my vote, most notably the fact that I don't want to make my vote a throwaway. I'll just be using this as a guideline.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #70
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im gonna be quiet so i dont die day 1

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #71
Barkeep49
Coordinator

LXXVII: Spawn III Game Over! (See Post 4397)

Two years ago a second attempt was made to capture the Crystlium on Spawn Planet. This attempt was, like the one 50 years before it, unsuccessful. However, things are now dire with interstellar travel now threatened because of a lack of Crystlium. And so a third attempt is being made to get to Spawn Planet and harvest the abundance of Crystlium present. Hopefully this one will be successful where the other two have failed.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #72
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Day 1
End of Day 1 (Slave Revolt)
Day 2
End of Day 2
Day 3
End of Day 3
Day 4
Liftoff
End of Day 4
Day 5
End of Day 5
Day 6
End of Day 6
Day 7
End of Day 7

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-16-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #73
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T
First Officer - KWhit
Second Officer - Render
Security Chief - Hoopsguy
Ensign - Telle

Chief Engineer - Tyrith

Engineers
PurdueBrad
Danny
JeHeinz72

Trainer - mccollins

Medical Staff
Doctor - path 12
Medic - The Jackal

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl
Warden - Passacagalia
Galley Master - Schmidty
Slavemaster - Saldana
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty

Scientists

LoneStarGirl
PackerFanatic

Privates

Claphamsa
Marc Vaughn
Chubby
bulletsponge

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-07-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #74
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm planning to vote based on total words found in posts - the person with the fewest words gets the vote.

So post often and make the posts meaty. But don't use "I'm a villager" too much or you will end up getting Passacaglia's vote.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:08 AM   #75
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Basic Game Concepts
There are two sides to this game, the spawn, and the survivors.

In order for the survivors to win, they must kill all of the spawn, have lifted off the planet, and have and have the required amount of Crystlium.

The Spawn win when they either kill or successfully convert all of the survivors.

Game Etiquette
Please do not post any PMs you might receive from me, although you may paraphrase. Unless allowed by your role, please do not communicate with other players outside of the thread. If you are concerned that a strategy might not be allowed by the rules please contact me before attempting the strategy. Finally, dead are dead so if you need to commiserate send it my way .

Game Play Warning
Spawn is a complex game and not everything that is possible is listed here. As events evolve so does the gameplay. For instance in Spawn 2, the Scientists developed a way to scan for Spawn. Further, because Spawn is a complex game the GM will make errors. When possible these errors will be corrected, however some errors are not correctable. I apologize in advance if this happens.

Cycles
Day Cycles start no later than 10 AM (All times are Eastern). Away missions must be completed by 6 PM. All other actions may be performed throughout the day. Night cycles will begin at 10 PM with night actions are due by 9 AM.

Executions
During the day cycle the crew may execute one person per cycle. In order to execute someone more than 1/3 of the remaining players must vote for a player to be executed. If you do not wish to execute somebody you are requested to cast a vote of No Execute

The Captain may only be executed by a Mutiny. No person may vote for the Captain to be executed until an Officer has done so and the First Officer must vote in favor of the mutiny.

If the Captain performs the override execution action a vote will take place at night. If a majority of the crew votes in favor of the mutiny the Captain “disappears” during the night.

Water
Each day each member of the crew needs 1 unit of water per day. If a crew member does not receive water for one day they become dehydrated (see Status below). If a survivor does not receive water for two days they die. Spawn do not need water to survive.

Locations
The Spawn may attack locations to damage them, while security officers may protect these locations.

Note: Man Cycles needed to repair might increase/decrease based on the number of players who sign up. Final numbers will be included when player sign-up is over

Engine Room The ship may not lift-off (see Lift-Off below) unless the engines are working. Once the ship has lifted-off the engines may not be damaged. A successful spawn attack adds 3-8 man cycles of repair time to the engines. If the engines ever have at least 12 cycles worth of damage they will become so damaged that it will take twice as long for them to fix (in game terms the damage will be doubled). The ship cannot move with more than 5 units of damage.

Water Plant The water plant contains the water replicator. No new water can be replicated while the replicator is broken, requiring the crew to use water from the Cargo Hold. A successful spawn attack adds 1-4 man cycles of repair time.

Security Headquarters The Security HQ houses the weapons locker, the brig, and the ships’ security system. The security system protects the Slave Pens and Sleeping Quarters and automatically guards those places. If the Security HQ is undamaged neither place may be attacked by the Spawn. Any weapons not in the security locker will stay with whoever had them when the Security HQ became damaged. A successful spawn attack requires 3-7 man cycles of repair time.

The Cargo Hold The Cargo Hold houses Crystlium and Water. The game begins with the Cargo Hold full of Water. If the Cargo Hold does not have enough room to house any harvested Crystlium water will be automatically dumped out. If the Cargo Hold is damaged nothing may be taken in or out. Further, if the Cargo Hold is damaged in Space some of the contents of the cargo hold will leak out after each cycle (night AND day). A successful spawn attack requires 3-6 man cycles of repair time.

The Slaves Pen The slaves are kept here. If the slave pens are damaged it might cause the slaves on the ship to riot until the pens are fixed. A successful spawn attack adds 2-6 man cycles of repair time.

Sleeping Quarters Members of the crew sleep here. The game starts with enough berths to hold all crew members. Each cycle of repair time decreases by 1 the number of people who can sleep there. The equipment for the trainer to use is also located here and may be used as long as there is anything undamaged in the sleeping quarters. A successful spawn attack adds 5-15 man cycles of repair time.

Lift-off
After lift-off no new spawn may be planted (although Spawn may still evolve).

In order to lift-off the engines must not be damaged, the Cargo Hold must have the required amount of Crystlium and the Captain must order the lift-off by posting the order in the thread. Once all conditions are met lift-off takes place immediately.

Away Teams
Each day all officers and the Slave Master may lead an away team and there may be more than 1 away team each day (The Slave Master may only lead an away team made up completely of slaves). A crew member, if asked, must go on away team if they have the action points to do so.

An away team must be designated as an:
*Exploration mission (Gives a bonus to a future type of mission; Must always be a planned away team)
*Mining mission (Harvests Crystlium)
*Water mission (Finds water)
*Other type of mission (As offered by the GM)

The success of an away team is dependent on:
*Whether the mission was planned by the First Officer or was unplanned
*The number of survivor crew present (non scientists)
*The number of scientists
*The number of evolved spawn on an away team(more spawn equals less success)

There is a base 10% chance that each member of an Away Team will become a Spawnling when on an Away Team. No more than 5 people may be on any 1 away team.

Public Roles and Actions

Each person based on their public roles has a certain number of action points (AP) each cycle to spend on actions available to their roles. AP expire at the end of each cycle if unused. Actions may be performed more than once, assuming a person has the AP to do so, unless specified otherwise. Actions from a public role are always revealed to the entire crew.

Actions available to all

Sleep: Night Only Prevents exhaustion. Requires all of a person’s action points.

Away Team: Day Only Causes a crew member to join an away team. 1 AP

Vote for Execution: Day Only Vote, or unvote, for a crew member to be executed. This does not need to be sent to GM and may just be posted in the thread. 0 AP

Officers
If an officer dies, the officer below him moves up in rank.

Captain (Rank 1) (3 AP per cycle)

Give Order: Day Only The captain may give a simple one step order to any crew member to perform a certain action that is with-in their ability to perform and they have the available action points. The captain may also rescind, or modify, the orders of any other officer and may be given in advance (Tomorrow you will do X). The captain may not order anyone to vote in a particular way. 1 AP

Change Execution Day Only The Captain may change the person to be executed, regardless of the vote. This triggers a night vote for Mutiny. This order must be sent to the GM at least 30 minutes before the voting deadline and may be conditional. 1 AP

Execute Slaves Day or Night The Captain may order that all of the slaves be killed. 3 AP

First Officer (Rank 2) (2 AP per cycle)

Give Order: Day Only Same as Captain above EXCEPT that the First Officer may not modify the Captain’s orders. 1 AP

Plan Away Team Mission: Day or Night The First Officer may plan an away team mission. The First Officer must specify what kind of mission is being planned. This may be done in advance and saved for later. 1 AP

Lead Mutiny: Day Only The First Officer may lead a mutiny against the Captain. This does not need to be sent to the GM and may just be posted in the thread. (NOTE: This action may be rescinded by the First Officer any time prior to the end of voting, but he will not regain his AP) 0 AP the first time it is performed, 1 AP when performed at any time after that

Second Officer (Rank 3) (1 AP per cycle)

Give Order: Day OnlySame as Captain’s EXCEPT that he may not modify any other person’s order. 1 AP

Assign Personnel Day Only He may change the position of any member of the enlisted crew (so Private to Slave Master, Galley Master to Medic, etc). This goes into effect the next day cycle. There may not be more than 1 Galleymaster or Slave Master1 AP

Train Officer Day Only The Second Officer may choose a member of the Crew to become an officer (this player will assume the lowest available rank). The Second Officer must train this person on two days (need not be consecutive) in order for the person to become an officer.

Security Chief (Rank 4) (1 AP per cycle)

Interrogate Suspected Spawn Day OnlyThis allows the Security Chief to privately communicate with any other crew member for the remainder of that particular day’s cycle. 1 AP

Give Order to Security Personnel: Day Only Same as Captain above EXCEPT that the Security Chief may issue orders only to Galley Master, Security Crewmen, Sergeant at Arms, Slave Master, or Warden. 1 AP

Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Security Chief and the attacker(s). The Security Chief is armed with a three shot phaser, providing an additional bonus if the phaser has any shots left. Protect has a smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP

Spy Night Only May designate a person to receive a report of that person’s actions. If the person launches an attack (but not a spawn attack) there is a chance that the Security Chief may perform the Protect action (with no AP cost). It will not be posted who the Security Chief spied upon, only that he spied upon someone 1 AP

Ensign (Rank 5) (1 AP per cycle
The ensign is there to learn from the other officers and to step into the line of duty should any officers be killed.

Specialists

Doctor (2 AP per cycle)

Examination Day Only The doctor may choose to examine any crew member. If the crew member is a survivor, the doctor will learn this. If the crew member is infected, but has not yet become a spawn, the doctor will learn this, and will have a good chance to cure the crew member. If the crew member is a spawn both the doctor and the spawn will be killed. 2 AP

Cure Wound Day Only This will change a person’s status from Wounded to normal (see Status below). 1 AP

Scientist (1 AP per cycle)
If brought along on an Away Team, they are likely to have more success.

Chief Engineer (1 AP per cycle)

There may only be 1 chief engineer at any time.

Repair Day or Night The Chief Engineer may choose a damaged room to repair reducing the damage on that system by one man cycle. If there is another Engineer repairing that system, the Chief’s expertise will allow the two Engineers to repair 3 cycles worth of damage. 1 AP

Engineer (1 AP per cycle)

There is a chance that when the Chief Engineer dies a new Engineer will become Chief.

Repair Day or Night The Engineer may choose a damaged room to repair reducing the damage on that system by one man cycle. 1 AP

Trainer (1 AP per cycle)
Train Day Only The Trainer may choose a member of the Enlisted Crew to train, using one set of of equipment in the Sleeping Quarters, to become a Specialist or untrain a specialist to become an Enlisted Crew member. The player will assume the role at the start of the next Day cycle. 1 AP

Enlisted Crew

Medic (1 AP per cycle)

Cure Wound Day Only Same as Doctor’s above 1 AP

Galley master (1 AP per cycle)

Protect Supplies Night Only The Galley master may guard the Water Plant or Cargo Hold at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed (see Sergeant at Arms below). This is slightly less effective than regular Protect. 1 AP

Ration Water Day Only The Galley master may choose which members of the crew receive water if there is not enough water for all of the crew. This action should be submitted to the GM during each night cycle. 1 AP

Sergeant-at-Arms (1 AP per cycle)

Distribute Weapons Day Only He may hand out firearms to any player. These players are now "Armed" and get a pre-emptive attack when attacking or defending that night. Firearms are collected in the morning. If the Security room is damaged, those that are "Armed" hold onto their firearms. 1 AP

Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Sergeant-at-Arms and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP

Spy Night Only May designate a person to follow around at night and receive a report of that person’s actions. It will not be posted who the Sergeant-at-Arms spied upon, only that he spied upon someone 1 AP

Security Crewman (1 AP per cycle)
Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Security Crewman and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed with a phaser he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP

Spy Night Only May designate a person to follow around at night and receive a report of that person’s actions. It will not be posted who the Security Crewman spied upon, only that he spied upon someone 1 AP

Warden (1 AP per cycle)

Place in Protective Custody Day Only May compile a list of up to four people to place in the Brig during the night. The Security Headquarters must be undamaged during the day in order to do this. 1 AP

Protect Security Room Night Only The Warden may guard the Security Headquarters at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed. This is slightly less effective than regular Protect. 1 AP

Slave Master (1 AP per cycle)

Protect Slave Pens Night Only The Slave Master may guard the Slave Pens at night. If there is an attack he will receive a bonus, if armed. This is slightly less effective than regular protect.1 AP

Execute Slave Day or Night The Slave Master may choose a specific slave to be executed. That slave is immediately killed. 1 AP

Privates (1 AP per cycle)
Privates hope that one day their good work will be noticed and that they will receive a promotion.

Slaves
Normally used as soldiers these genetically modified from human beings. These modifications make them strong, dumb, and filled with anger. The slave pens emit chemicals which make them more docile, which is a good thing, as having to deal with rioting slaves is not something the ship wants to experience. (No player will be assigned the role of slave)

Performing Actions
Except where noted, in order to perform an Action you must PM the GM. Actions will be processed in the order they are received and then posted by the GM.

Faking Duties
A person may pretend to perform one of their actions but not actually complete the task. For instance, a spawn engineer may pretend to be repairing the Security Room but really do nothing. This is undetectable to anyone else.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:09 AM   #76
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Secret Roles
There are three ways a crewmember will learn their secret role:
*They will be told at the start
*It’ll be revealed when triggered
*It will be revealed after a predetermined time

Survivor Secret Roles
Except when noted below if a person becomes a Spawn they lose their Secret Role.

Avenger Causes anyone who has voted for the Avenger in any previous day to have an extra vote against them.

Absolute Trust If anyone in an Absolute Trust group has left the group (by becoming Spawnling or Spawn), the other group members will be informed of it.

Duplicant May take on the duties of any public role, except Officers, once per game for a single Day or Night cycle. This person will gain the additional AP associated with that role, but the AP may only be spent on the abilities associated with that role. Unless it is necessary to mention publicly, no one will know who the Duplicant is or what they did.

Empathic May PM the GM to verify truth of one complete sentence said by another person in the public thread, as understood by the person who made the statement. The GM will respond with either "True, False, or Unknown" based on the GM's understanding of the statement. This may be used twice per game. There is a 50-50 chance that a person will keep this ability if they become Spawn.

Gut Feeling If you received 2-4 (predetermined before the start of the game) votes throughout the day, the GM will inform you of the secret role of one of those players, however, you won't know which player it belongs to.

Incorruptible Cannot become a Spawnling on an Away Team. Receives the status Resistant if attacked and three instances if Spawn Attacked (See Status Resistant below).

Light Sleeper If attacked by Spawn, the character gains the status "Resistant". If used, may cause exhaustion. (See Status Resistant below).

Miracle Worker Once per game may activate for one of the following:
* May protect all members of an Away Team from becoming Spawnlings.
* May replenish spontaneously generate an amount of Water or Crystlium

Psychic May choose a player to study each night to attempt to learn their Secret role. The chance of finding out a role increases each consecutive night a player is scanned. Spawn are harder to scan than survivors.

SlayerMay protect any person, overnight, including himself, during the night cycle. He gains the status "Resistant" and "Brutal" when protecting and is considered the Attacker. He will not become exhausted using this ability.

Spawn Aware Has a chance of finding out that a player is a Spawn each cycle that the Spawn Aware player spends in the same location as a Spawn. This chance increases each cycle that the two players spend together.

Vigilante May attack one player during the night cycle once per game (see Attack below). The chance of success is increased if the Vigilante has a phaser.

Spawn Secret Roles

Spawn Overlord
There is currently no Spawn Overlord. The Spawn may choose to aid in reforming the Spawn Overlord instead of performing any other action (public or private) during a cycle. If the Spawn Overlord is reformed, the Spawn will receive certain advantages, including the Spawn Council being able to freely communicate.

Spawn Council
The Spawn Council is made up of the 3 longest serving Spawn. Each member of the Spawn Council may send up to a total of 3 PMs per day to other members of the spawn council. This restriction is lifted if the Spawn Overlord is reformed.

Spawn Queen
May launch or join a regular or Spawn attack (see Attack below) once per night cycle. If the Spawn Queen dies, the Spawn Council may designate a new Spawn Queen by forgoing all attacks and secret role actions for one night. The new Spawn Queen may not keep any previous role they had.

Other Spawn
May launch a regular attack (see Attack below). These Spawn do not know any other Spawn, though the Spawn Queen may choose to make herself known to other Spawn.

Unevloved Spawn
Has no powers but has a chance to mutate into one of the Spawn below that increases over time.

Mind Leech Instead of an attack, if the Mind Leech is not exhausted (see Status Exhausted below) at night, he may rob a player of their ability to use abilities and actions. Passive abilities (like Resistant) are automatically negated. If the player tries to use an Active ability there is a 40% chance that the ability will be negated. Both involved players become "Exhausted" in any case.

Psionic Connection May one time trigger a power which allows all spawns to know the identities of all other spawns.

Skindancer If this player is part of a successful attack, the player will die after the attack, but the person being attacked automatically becomes a Spawn (i.e. skips spawnling stage). If the Skindancer was part of the Spawn council the new Spawn will be as well.

Swarm Lord If a Swarm Lord is in play and is not exhausted or wounded, the Swarm Lord, along with one other Spawn, may release a Swarm Attack. A Swarm is released against a living target. Swarm attacks are unlike regular attacks. If sent against someone who is healthy, they will be made Wounded. If sent against someone who is wounded or exhausted, they will be killed.

Unaware Spawn During the day, is unaware of being a Spawn (and may not communicate with other Spawn), but will not seem to be a Spawn when tested by other players. At night, assumes normal Spawn powers.

Spawnlings
These are crew members who are not quite Spawn. If they are not cured in time they will become Spawn and be randomly assigned a role from the Other Spawn list (see above). Crew members might or might not know they are spawnlings, but the Hive Mind knows the identities of all spawnlings.

Regular Attacks

An attack starts with a 75% chance of success. For each additional person who joins in the attack there is an additional 35% chance of success. There is a maximum of three people in one attack. If two (or more) Spawn (or Spawn groups) both attack the same target the additional chance of success is increased, but at a lesser rate, unless instructions have been given that person A will attack followed by person B (see Multiple Attacks below). The chance of success may be further changed by a person’s status (e.g. Exhausted or Resistant)

Modifiers which increase the chance of the Attack succeeding
*More than one person attacking
*Target is exhausted or wounded
*Attack of a room and not a person

Modifiers which decrease the chance of the Attack succeeding
*Security personnel is defending
*Security personnel has a phaser
*The person being attacked is resistant

The level of damage done to either a person or a room is based on how successful the attack is. An attack where the number rolled is above the chance of success is a failure, and there is a small chance that the attacker will be wounded. An attack where the number rolled is from 0-19 of the chance of success then a person is wounded. Any other result causes the person to die. If the target of an attack is a room, is protected, and the only protector dies, there is a chance damage will be done to the room.

If Spawn attack each other there is a 60% possibility that nothing will happen (Spawn will simply know the attack was unsuccessful), a 10% chance that the attacking Spawn will recognize the defender as a Spawn and a 30% chance the attack will be rolled.

Multiple Attacks and Protectors
Spawn may decide instead of combining an attack to launch more than one attack (but many only attack a person or room twice in one night). When PM’ing the GM with the attack information it should also include the order of attack. The first attack will be resolved followed by the second.

If there is more than one protector, the protector with the most bonuses will fight the attack EXCEPT if the target is a person while the protector is protecting a room (Example: Joe and Sam are guarding the engine room. Sam has more bonuses. If the Spawn attack Joe, Joe will be the one attacked, not Sam)

Spawnling Attack

A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

Status (aka Traits)

Status – Brutal

If a character has the status "Brutal", he ignores the status "Resistant" in his target.

Status – Exhausted

Exhaustion places a person at a disadvantage for all attacks. Further some actions may have a slight chance of failure if you are exhausted. You may only have one status Exhausted at a time. If you continue to push yourself, you simply remain exhausted.

Anytime you take an action at night, you become exhausted.

A player may choose to "Stay Awake" by PM’ing the GM. That night he will also gain a trait of "Resistant" since he'll see any Spawn coming. Someone who is already exhausted may not take advantage of "Stay Awake".

Exhaustion can be healed after one night of undisturbed rest. Undisturbed rest is defined as not taking an action. Spawn who attack have a small chance of becoming exhausted (which is increased any time there is a Spawnling attack, especially for those who performed the attack).

Status – Resistant

For each instance of "Resistant" a character has, he has an additional resistance to defeat in an attack.

Status – Unwoundable

A character bearing this trait ignores results making him "Wounded". He may be killed normally, however.

Status – Wounded

When an attack occurs, you never really know for sure who is going to win. Either party involved in an attack may end up WOUNDED.

It is impossible to tell with certainty if a wound was caused by Human or Spawn.

Someone who is wounded will have only a minor chance to know what attacked them.

A WOUNDED player is at a severe disadvantage against future attacks.

A player may choose to injure himself by PM’ing the GM. All wounds and healing of wounds will be announced publicly by the GM. A wound can be healed after two nights of undisturbed rest or by the doctor or medic. Undisturbed rest is defined as not taking an action (aside from the Spawn’s regular attack).
Old 07-07-2008, 10:20 AM   #77
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

just read the ruleset.... this isnt spawn the comic book is it

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #78
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The rules are up in a mostly finished state. If you'd like to request a role, please feel free to do so either here or via PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #79
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm planning to vote based on total words found in posts - the person with the fewest words gets the vote.

So post often and make the posts meaty. But don't use "I'm a villager" too much or you will end up getting Passacaglia's vote.

DEATH TO THE QUIET PEOPLE!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM   #80
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
just read the ruleset.... this isnt spawn the comic book is it
Nope. I'm not really a comic book guy.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #81
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yowza...it looks quite intense. Glad I will be just watching.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #82
hoopsguy
General Manager

PF - it really is only the first day that requires extra brainpower. After that, it becomes a pretty standard werewolf game. I think this is only a slight exaggeration.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #83
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
The rules are up in a mostly finished state. If you'd like to request a role, please feel free to do so either here or via PM.
Sorry I didn't make this clear. If you would like (or not like) a Public Role please PM me.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-07-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #84
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

make me the seer!!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #85
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

jsut kidding

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #86
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Yowza...it looks quite intense. Glad I will be just watching.

Quote:
PF - it really is only the first day that requires extra brainpower. After that, it becomes a pretty standard werewolf game. I think this is only a slight exaggeration.

i totally agree with that statement....once you have your role, you can focus on that part of the rules, and the actions you can take...it will all make 10 times more sense once there are actions going on, and since there are lots of people that have played before, you would probably catch on very quickly
Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #87
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

oh shit.

sign me up I guess
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #88
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

see I told ou signups shoudl have closed this mornign!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #89
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Hmm...

Well, I might as well get into some of the more intense games anyway, might help hone my skills (or not )

What the hell, sign me up, BK
Old 07-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #90
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the people thinking about volunteering for public roles:

Galley Master is a really important one later in the game. Water = life, and that role gets to make life/death decisions, as well as put people to the test as potential spawn. I had it in the first one, so I'm not planning to volunteer again, but it is definitely worth having.

I would suggest that if you meet the following criteria that you are a good candidate for that role:
1.) have a reasonable head for math (not hard math, more like calculating odds in poker)
2.) aren't going to feel badly about killing someone by denying them water
3.) are going to actively follow along, keep up with the arguments along the way, but in the end make your decisions and take ownership of them (no "he told me to deny Player X water!" stuff)

Spawn introduces all kinds of fun decision making that isn't always in other werewolf games on top of the votes. This is one such role. I'm sure others can speak about their experiences with other roles and how they played a critical part in success/failure.

I've got nothing to say about #2 - I went out early as a bad guy. Got collared pretty damn firmly that game. No lessons learned.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:03 PM   #91
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

can we just whithold water from lathum?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #92
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

JK!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #93
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Not the worst strategy I've ever heard ...
Old 07-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #94
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Not the worst strategy I've ever heard ...

hat's fine as long as there is beer available.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #95
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

For those that played, which is the better read to get a feel of a Spawn game, I or II?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #96
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I think Spawn I but have a strong bias based on the length of time I got to play the game. Alan probably has a different opinion
Old 07-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #97
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
For those that played, which is the better read to get a feel of a Spawn game, I or II?
Spawn II's rules are closer to this ones.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #98
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Woot! the redhead redneck is in it!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #99
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Spawn II's rules are closer to this ones.

Maybe, but Spawn I was my first game, so I'm reading that for some reminiscing. Als, you've got Blade and Bek in Spawn I. I just read Bek saying, "you have a good point there blade" -- good stuff.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #100
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Maybe, but Spawn I was my first game, so I'm reading that for some reminiscing. Als, you've got Blade and Bek in Spawn I. I just read Bek saying, "you have a good point there blade" -- good stuff.
They were in Spawn II as well though I made them both privates.