Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

PING: MS Project Gurus

I'm creating a custom filter. I want to not have to edit it every week that we meet to talk about the project.

What I want is to be able to have a filter that says for instance : Finish Date < Today

Or Start Date < Today +14 Days

Is that possible? I know how to do a custom filter and hard code the date, but not how to make it know what today is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wish I could help, I started using Gantt Project, one as a money saver and two, because it isn't as resource heavy...I will see if it can do what you are asking.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I don't have Project on my home computer, and I don't have access to my work computer right now. If it makes no sense, pm me and we can take it to email.

First thing is to insert a new column. Insert the column "Date1" which is one of those generic fields you can customize around a specific data point (date in this case).

Next, right-click on the column to customize it. Here you want to customize via formula, and just use the drop-downs so the value = today's date, which is either "Date" or "Now", I can never remember. Should be easy to figure out.

Then you can go ahead and create your custom filter using the "Date1" column/field as your reference for today's date.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

You rule. Makes sense, I'll try it at work tomorrow!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I don't have Project on my home computer, and I don't have access to my work computer right now. If it makes no sense, pm me and we can take it to email.

First thing is to insert a new column. Insert the column "Date1" which is one of those generic fields you can customize around a specific data point (date in this case).

Next, right-click on the column to customize it. Here you want to customize via formula, and just use the drop-downs so the value = today's date, which is either "Date" or "Now", I can never remember. Should be easy to figure out.

Then you can go ahead and create your custom filter using the "Date1" column/field as your reference for today's date.
Finally got to doing this.

Works like a charm - thanks a ton!!!

Quote:
Old 03-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote