Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #651
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Don't mind paying. Suggestions?

The original PuzzleQuest game is quite compelling - if a little repetitive after time ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #652
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unpleasant Horse is new and made by PopCap's new experimental games division. It is also free, but unlikely to keep your attention for very long. I have enjoyed it in doses of a couple minutes at a time though.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #653
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Ok, looking for a recommendation.

I want a game. I want it to be kind of puzzle/strategy but not require twitch reflexes. I like Angry Birds, but I prefer it on the iPad, where I don't have to zoom out too much...on the iPhone, I can't figure out what angle to shoot the birds out unless I zoom out all the way, and then it gets hard to figure out what angle I'm shooting at. Tiny Wings is cute, but the challenges got annoying relatively quickly.

/tk

They call Beyond Ynth a platform puzzler. It's definitely not twitchy and requires you to think as you move your little bug through the puzzles. Slowly started the campaign and I find myself going back to it every once in a while. It's currently selling for 99 cents, down from $1.99...

I'll look through what's on my Touch and see if I got anything else...

FM
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM   #654
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The original PuzzleQuest game is quite compelling - if a little repetitive after time ....

Is that a clone of the game they put out for DS, PSP, XBL, and I think PSN?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #655
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Ok, looking for a recommendation.

I want a game. I want it to be kind of puzzle/strategy but not require twitch reflexes. I like Angry Birds, but I prefer it on the iPad, where I don't have to zoom out too much...on the iPhone, I can't figure out what angle to shoot the birds out unless I zoom out all the way, and then it gets hard to figure out what angle I'm shooting at. Tiny Wings is cute, but the challenges got annoying relatively quickly.

/tk

I own an Android and have no regrets, but one apple only game that intrigues me is Sword & Sorcery
Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 PM   #656
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm I'd forgotten about Sword & Sorcery. Maybe I'll give it a go this weekend. That and iOOTP.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #657
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

DrawRace is free today (down from $2.99). It's a kinda cool racing game where you simply draw the line you want your race car to drive on one of 20 tracks. Draw your line faster for your car to go faster but remember to slow down in curves and corners or else you will go off track and this really slows you down... It's pretty casual and most races last less than 30 seconds.

FM
Old 05-05-2011, 01:22 PM   #658
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I'm not sure if its been mentioned but it should have been 'Out of the Park Baseball' for iPhone has been released today ... if you haven't purchased it yet then I'd recommend it.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #659
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Here are a few other sports related games I saw pop up in various RSS feeds. Here goes...

Soccer Superstars 2011 PRO is on sale at 99 cents, down from $4.99. Based on the hours I spent with Baseball Superstars 2011, I'm very tempted to give it a try. It's also the latest version of their Soccer Superstars series that was only released a couple weeks ago.

First Touch Soccer is a new soccer game that looks very good graphics wise. They are offering it at a special launch price of only 99 cents. They say the game has some new controls and as I said, it looks very VERY good.

Finally, FC Hockey is a card based hockey management kind of game that is also selling for 99 cents. I have no clue about gameplay as I just read the review on the iPhone Gamer Blog and I thought it could appeal to FOFCers. They say it's the first in a possible line of future card based sport games. A demo video is available on YouTube.

Again, I have not played any of these games, they just happened to show up on some RSS feeds, all at interesting prices.

FM
Old 05-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #660
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Interested in checing out the Superstars Pro game but it's still 4.99 for me. Am I missing something?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #661
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Interested in checing out the Superstars Pro game but it's still 4.99 for me. Am I missing something?

really? and at that link?
Soccer Superstars® 2011 Pro for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

it's odd because that link shows it at 0.99 and iTunes from my iPhone also shows the same...

FM
Old 05-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #662
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Odd. Maybe this is common (recently got the iPhone) but when I search it shows up as 4.99, but when I click on it it says 0.99.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #663
samifan24
Pro Starter

Evidently a new iPad game called "Ticket to Ride," based on a popular German board game, is available now. I'd never heard of the game before but see it won the same German board game award that Carcassone won and the latter is a fantastic iOS port. FrogMan, this game might be something you'd be interested in. I may buy it now and wait until I get an iPad later this year since it's on sale now and everyone apparently loves this game as much as Carcassone.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #664
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Evidently a new iPad game called "Ticket to Ride," based on a popular German board game, is available now. I'd never heard of the game before but see it won the same German board game award that Carcassone won and the latter is a fantastic iOS port. FrogMan, this game might be something you'd be interested in. I may buy it now and wait until I get an iPad later this year since it's on sale now and everyone apparently loves this game as much as Carcassone.

Nice!! I own both this and the Carcassonne board games, and it will be great to have this on the iPad. Can't wait!!
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #665
DanGarion
Coordinator

Ticket to ride is awesome, we play the board game and Xbox Arcade versions a lot.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #666
samifan24
Pro Starter

Just wanted to add that apparently Ticket to Ride won't be available in the App Store until around 11 PM tonight in case anyone is looking for it. So should I pick it up for the iPad even though I don't own one yet? Is it that good?
Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #667
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Ticket to Ride is a fantastic game. I don't have an iPad, but I'd pick it up if I did.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #668
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

iPad only?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:08 PM   #669
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
iPad only?

That's what I want to find out
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #670
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That's what I want to find out

I did some google-fu and while I found nothing concrete, I did get the vibe that it's only on the iPad. Hopefully I am wrong, though.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #671
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

yeah I think I'd like it, I have seen that game mentioned in the same sentences with Carcassone and Settlers of Catlan a lot. No go if it's iPad only though.

Oddly enough, I have had Catlan, the iPhone port of Settler of Catlan on my Touch for a long while now but have never really played it. Would need to sit down and learn the rules a bit...

FM
Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #672
samifan24
Pro Starter

The Nike+ iPhone app is free today
Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #673
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Tiger Woods for the iPhone is worth .99

also bought it when it dropped to 99 cents but just decided to give it a shot yesterday. Very well done and a lot of fun. I'll get WAY more than the 99 cents I paid for this one.

What led me to play it was the fact I dusted off Super Stickman Golf over the weekend when I had some time to waste. Another cool golf themed timewaster and it's currently free, down from it's usual price of $2.99. The Super Stickman version includes all courses from the first version of the game.

FM
Old 05-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #674
Peregrine
Pro Starter

You guys may want to check out an app called 7 Little Words - very cool word game. Basically each round gives you seven clues and a bunch of word pieces of 2 and 3 letters - you have to combine them to form the word that matches the clue. Free app but they do charge for additional puzzles in-app - I have been loving it so far.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #675
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
yeah I think I'd like it, I have seen that game mentioned in the same sentences with Carcassone and Settlers of Catlan a lot. No go if it's iPad only though.

Oddly enough, I have had Catlan, the iPhone port of Settler of Catlan on my Touch for a long while now but have never really played it. Would need to sit down and learn the rules a bit...

FM

Ticket to Ride is a great game. Considered to be a gateway board game. The iPad version is true to the original title, and can be expanded to include the 1910 variants, Europe, and Switzerland. The Swiss edition of Ticket is geared for two or three players. Best iOS implementation of a board game that I've seen. Fantastic.

Ticket to Ride has been one of the few "new" boardgames to get shelf space at places like Toys are Us. Now a lot of these games are getting exposure at Borders and Barnes and Noble.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 AM   #676
QuikSand
lolzcat

If you enjoyed but finished Plants v. Zombies, check it out again. A recent update added a number of new things, including a mini-game where the zombies have pea-shooter heads and shoot back at you, a "zen garden" side game that seems to be a Farmville derivative, and some other long-term things that cost in-game money creating some point to continued play and acquisition of more in-game accomplishments and so forth. I have gotten some interesting mileage already by trying to beat the new mini-game with different varieties of implements.

If you haven't played... it's just criminal how good this game is for three bucks.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #677
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
If you enjoyed by finished Plants v. Zombies, check it out again. A recent update added a number of new things, including a mini-game where the zombies have pea-shooter heads and shoot back at you, a "zen garden" side game that seems to be a Farmville derivative, and some other long-term things that cost in-game money creating some point to continued play and acquisition of more in-game accomplishments and so forth. I have gotten some interesting mileage already by trying to beat the new mini-game with different varieties of implements.

If you haven't played... it's just criminal how good this game is for three bucks.

So it's up to the PC version then. But yeah, this is a fantastic game in general.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #678
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
If you enjoyed by finished Plants v. Zombies, check it out again. A recent update added a number of new things, including a mini-game where the zombies have pea-shooter heads and shoot back at you, a "zen garden" side game that seems to be a Farmville derivative, and some other long-term things that cost in-game money creating some point to continued play and acquisition of more in-game accomplishments and so forth. I have gotten some interesting mileage already by trying to beat the new mini-game with different varieties of implements.

Agree 100%. I just picked it back up this weekend with the new update and I am enjoying it all over again by running through all the levels again with Crazy Dave picking the first 3 plants for me. The mini game is excellent (and the 6 other mini games that you can unlock go from dumb to great) and the zen garden is essential to accumulating enough in game money to unlock everything. Basically buy plants and get plants dropped during the regular game - water, fertalize, etc until they grow up and you get gems then sell them back at a huge profit.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #679
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I paid 2.99 for tapatalk to access this forum but for some reason it is not offered once I get within OperationSports forum area. Any clue?
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #680
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I paid 2.99 for tapatalk to access this forum but for some reason it is not offered once I get within OperationSports forum area. Any clue?

We can't use tapatalk for this forum yet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
Yep, we need to upgrade to at least 3.7 to install tapatalk, though if we ever upgrade we will go to the latest version available (currently 4.1.1).

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 AM   #681
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Rats. thanks Alan.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #682
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Don't know if it's still going for 99 cents but Dungeon Raid is a lot of fun. It's a matching type kinda game with RPG elements.

FM
Old 06-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #683
moriarty
College Starter

Par Out Golf is a fun pick up and play. It's a memory/dexterity game on a golf theme (don't think Tiger Woods here). Lite version avail for free to try. Hot seat multiplayer and game center. Good with kids.

First Touch is a fun soccer game. Haven't played FIFA on iPhone, so not sure how it compares.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:16 AM   #684
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
Par Out Golf is a fun pick up and play. It's a memory/dexterity game on a golf theme (don't think Tiger Woods here). Lite version avail for free to try. Hot seat multiplayer and game center. Good with kids.

interesting, what game does AppShopper tell me has gone free? Yeah, Par Out Golf it is!

Ha had it on my wishlist for some time now. Downloading it right now. Thanks for the tip about it being fun.

FM
Old 06-14-2011, 08:40 AM   #685
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
interesting, what game does AppShopper tell me has gone free? Yeah, Par Out Golf it is!

Ha had it on my wishlist for some time now. Downloading it right now. Thanks for the tip about it being fun.

FM

Picked it up as well. Looks pretty fun.

BTW, are there some good sites to find these free app offers? I think they have some every day. Just didn't know the best places to look.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #686
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
BTW, are there some good sites to find these free app offers? I think they have some every day. Just didn't know the best places to look.

go create an account at iPad Apps, iPhone Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper - Popular Recent Changes for iOS. Once you've done that, you can subscribe to their multiple RSS feeds or download their app. I love their wishlist feature where once you add an app to your wishlist, you will be informed via email and push notification of future updates and price drops. I have bought many games when I saw their prices drop from say $4.99 to $0.99 or even when they simply drop from $0.99 to free. There are tons of games that I don't feel like paying for but that am willing to give a try when it goes for free...

FM
Old 06-14-2011, 09:05 AM   #687
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
go create an account at iPad Apps, iPhone Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper - Popular Recent Changes for iOS. Once you've done that, you can subscribe to their multiple RSS feeds or download their app. I love their wishlist feature where once you add an app to your wishlist, you will be informed via email and push notification of future updates and price drops. I have bought many games when I saw their prices drop from say $4.99 to $0.99 or even when they simply drop from $0.99 to free. There are tons of games that I don't feel like paying for but that am willing to give a try when it goes for free...

FM

Nice. Lots of info over there. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #688
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Nice. Lots of info over there. Thanks!

no problem. You'll probably figure out that you can also manage your list of apps you own and will get notifications when one of them get an update with some sort of "what's new in this update" little bit if text. Sure, iTunes will do that but it streamlines the experience a bit if you don't often sync your device...

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #689
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

1000 Heroz is an inventive little game in which they plan to release a new level every day for 1000 days. Each new level is a new hero that has to run a course from start to finish with new bumps and slowdowns. Every level has its own quirks and sometimes even multiple ways to make it to the end, shortcuts if you want.

The game is selling for 99 cents and was released only 10 days ago and past heroz are replayable at any time you want. Fact there's only 10 heroz gone means you'll get to play all the next ones as they come live, for about three years worth of little running cavemen and cavewomen.

Gameplay is as simple as any side scrollers could be, you run to the right of the screen and have one jump button. Physics of the character are kinda cool...

They have global leaderboards for every levels but you can set up a custom league. If anybody wants to play, I could see to set up an FOFC one.

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #690
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

I'm in!! Please set up a league for us!

Quote:
1000 Heroz is an inventive little game in which they plan to release a new level every day for 1000 days. Each new level is a new hero that has to run a course from start to finish with new bumps and slowdowns. Every level has its own quirks and sometimes even multiple ways to make it to the end, shortcuts if you want.

The game is selling for 99 cents and was released only 10 days ago and past heroz are replayable at any time you want. Fact there's only 10 heroz gone means you'll get to play all the next ones as they come live, for about three years worth of little running cavemen and cavewomen.

Gameplay is as simple as any side scrollers could be, you run to the right of the screen and have one jump button. Physics of the character are kinda cool...

They have global leaderboards for every levels but you can set up a custom league. If anybody wants to play, I could see to set up an FOFC one.

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #691
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
I'm in!! Please set up a league for us!

Not too sure about what I need to do to set up a league but I did enter "FOFC" in my custom league. Maybe if others did too we'd all be comparing our scors to one another.

Could you try doing that, enter FOFC in "custom league". It's in "options"...

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #692
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
Not too sure about what I need to do to set up a league but I did enter "FOFC" in my custom league. Maybe if others did too we'd all be comparing our scors to one another.

Could you try doing that, enter FOFC in "custom league". It's in "options"...

FM

That's all it took!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #693
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
That's all it took!

cool! And from what I understand by looking at past heroz, only the runs taken on the active day of a hero are counted on the leaderboards. There something like 33 minutes left to the current hero meaning a new one will be available shortly and it will be over for anyone to try and beat my amazing time

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #694
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

reading the help page, I think I see why I suck so much right now
1000 Heroz - Help

Need to master the low jump style of running...

FM
Old 06-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #695
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in on 1000 heroz. 25 seconds for yesterday, but that was before I entered the custom league.

My iPad is thrashing between the crappy office wifi and 3G, so I'm not sure I'm able to see your scores yet.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #696
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Quote:
reading the help page, I think I see why I suck so much right now
1000 Heroz - Help

Need to master the low jump style of running...

FM

Some good daily battles we have going on FM!!! I wish it would send an SMS or something at the end of each day with the final results... I'd also like to get a message when my time has been beaten. Nothing worse than realizing you bested me with only 20 minutes left in the "day"!!
Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 PM   #697
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Some good daily battles we have going on FM!!! I wish it would send an SMS or something at the end of each day with the final results... I'd also like to get a message when my time has been beaten. Nothing worse than realizing you bested me with only 20 minutes left in the "day"!!

good battles indeed, back and forth

Today's run seemed almost easy to me, I got the silver time on my first try and the gold time on my second try. Guess it worked on my strengths

Been workiing on getting the gold time on all the past runs, only missing 3 or 4 right now... Fun game, I sometimes go for 15-20 restarts at a time, not realizing that I have burnt 15 minutes...

FM
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #698
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Hey I won a day's race. Man, today's is a tough one though.

Last edited by Glengoyne : 06-27-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #699
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

TINY TOWER!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:23 AM   #700
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
TINY TOWER!!!

was wondering if anybody from here was playing it. How is it?

I've been really enjoying Dungeon Raid myself. Really kinda discovering the different playable classes and races, neatly done matching type game.

FM