Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Comey
College Starter

Laptop Bags

I just bought a Sony Vaio Z. As a result, I'm hunting for a solid laptop bag for a 13" machine. The Z is rather minuscule (though extremely powerful, best computer I've ever had by far), and as a result, finding a bag suitable to my needs has been rather difficult. I searched the Apple Store here and did not find much to my liking.

Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good bag? I'm looking to be able to take this to work (elementary school) and grad school, so there has to be some extra space for peripherals + a couple notebooks/books for school. I am looking for something rather compact, as I am a permanent building sub and, therefore, a classroom nomad.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you, and have a great night!

-John

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Have you already asked in one of the owners threads at NBR? Think you'd get good opinions over there.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

BTW, whatever happened to the SXPS you bought?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Comey
College Starter

I did ask over there. There is a good thread in the Accessories section, but I have not had time to sift through everything. I've looked at some of the recommendations I got there, but I haven't found something I really like just yet. I find FOFC to be very helpful in these instances, so while I have NBR to scour, I figured it wouldn't hurt at all to check here as well.

As far as the owners' threads, I have been active in the Sony owners' threads, and there's a thread for Vaio Z bags and such. Right now, it seems as though there is a lack of real solid choices at our disposal.

In the interim, I did get a Hurley bag (this is why you should not be in the Apple Store when you find out your new laptop is available to be picked up at the FedEx terminal). It's okay, but it's way too tall for the laptop. I would prefer something compact.

The SXPS went to my girlfriend. I still really, really like that machine. However, her four-year-old Mac bit the dust. I actually had the dough, due to tax return + some extra money, to get a machine to last me a long time, instead of getting some other machine that we may have to look at replacing in a year or two. The Z is my *perfect* machine (and what I had hoped the SXPS13 would have been). The SXPS is a fine, fine machine, and I wouldn't have parted with it unless it were for something like this one.

Last edited by Comey : 04-14-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
RedKingGold
College Starter

www.sfbags.com.

Pricey, but they're modern, well constructed, and last a long time. Customer service is awesome too.

I bought my messenger bag over four years ago and still use it daily.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
Comey
College Starter

I've been there...have put together a couple of things, but I haven't made the leap. I may do so tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #7
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I have had a timbuk2 for 4 years and love it. They also have a lot more laptop options these days.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I too cannot recommend timbuk2 highly enough. I have 4 timbuk2 bags, my oldest being about 12 years old now, my youngest being a laptop bag. I really like their products and they're generally bomber.

However, my day-to-day laptop bag is the Trager Courier Laptop bag. It was fairly expensive, if I remember correctly. But it's got lots of room for stuff and plenty of pockets for keeping organized. It fits in well in the office but also didn't look out of place when I was in school.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote