Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2005, 12:24 AM   #601
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Honestly I can't see digamma being mafia at this point. I fingered an innocent(Jeff and Blade and you for sure right now), and digamma really seemed to take offense to it and refused to believe it. If he was mafia I have a feeling he would have jumped right on my bandwagon and been more than happy to see blade and jeff fingered.

Yeah, like I said, I really wouldn't call him a suspect, but of the guys who are left, there are two camps.

Those I've had doubts about, and those whose influence in the game I know very little about. He's in the latter camp.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:34 AM   #602
SackAttack
Head Coach

Further reflection, we're up against it now. 11 left, and it's likely a 7/4 split, if the Don's Son has been found. That assumes nobody has been bribed, in which case it could be 6/5.

We're up against it, basically, with "room" for only one more mistake. If we lynch a villager, and the Mafia kill one, the next to get lynched = Mafia win. This is their endgame.

If anybody has any ideas, now's the time to lay them on the table.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:34 AM   #603
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If you really want to know more about bearcat go read my summary on him, he's done nothing else and has yet to deny he is with the mafia despite my proclaiming he is to anyone that will listen.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:41 AM   #604
digamma
Torchbearer

Sack,

I think there are 12 left. I also think there are 4 or 5 mafia, which means we have to have a successful lynch.

Here's what I think:

dubb93--magistrate, proven.
Sack--Villager--could have been converted, but I don't think so.
Me--Villager

That leaves 9.

Fouts
Ardent
Shorty
Illini
Blade
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

We have about a fifty/fifty shot.

We're also likely working without a seer or witness.

We'll see what Blade says, but I'd rather work with the other things we have. We can't afford to take a risk on going after him and voting for him the next day if he's wrong.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 AM   #605
Fouts
College Starter

I'm really stumped. Blade's role reveal confirms that there are roles in the game that weren't listed. Without any help from seers, I'll have to go on whatever evidence I can find in the thread. This is gonna take awhile.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 AM   #606
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Sack,

I think there are 12 left. I also think there are 4 or 5 mafia, which means we have to have a successful lynch.

Here's what I think:

dubb93--magistrate, proven.
Sack--Villager--could have been converted, but I don't think so.
Me--Villager

That leaves 9.

Fouts
Ardent
Shorty
Illini
Blade
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

We have about a fifty/fifty shot.

We're also likely working without a seer or witness.

We'll see what Blade says, but I'd rather work with the other things we have. We can't afford to take a risk on going after him and voting for him the next day if he's wrong.

Honestly at this point I would add Blade, Shorty, and Fouts to the list of innocents as well. If you don't believe Blade, then you will need to keep them down there.

That leaves me with:

Ardent
Illini
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

Out of these I would guess 4 are mafia. 3 Originals and 1 bribe/son of don.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:53 AM   #607
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Also judging from this you need to re-read page 12 and look for the exchange between Blade and myself. He admitted he never had seer powers and explained his situation.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:55 AM   #608
digamma
Torchbearer

OK, missed that post.

If we believe that, then we're down to seven, with four or five mafia (I have reason to believe there are five).
Old 08-18-2005, 12:56 AM   #609
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OK, missed that post.

If we believe that, then we're down to seven

I assume you are clearing Blade and Shorty but not sold on Sackattack yet? b/c i'm at 6 suspects:

Ardent
Illini
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

However if u ain't sold on Sackattack being innocent then I ain't either. Like I said I really don't believe you are mafia and really want to narrow this down as a group.

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-18-2005 at 01:02 AM. Reason: tried to clear up my question to digamma a bit
Old 08-18-2005, 01:05 AM   #610
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

OK, now I'm really confused. You say that you think Sack is innocent, you believe blade and it narrows the list down to 7. Show me your new 7 b/c I'm wondering who among Blade/fouts/shorty/sack that blade has cleared you still have on yur list.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #611
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
(I have reason to believe there are five).

HELLO
, why dont you further explain this part of the comment...either your dropping a hint i hope someoneelse figures out or something...that seems like a hint, but im hesitent to discuss it and lose another good guy
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 AM   #612
Fouts
College Starter

I know dubb is cleared, and if you clear blade, then you have to clear his list (unless one is the don). However, I'm not sure how digamma was cleared. So your list plus digamma would be 7. Now if you don't clear blade, then we have 11 to worry about.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:24 AM   #613
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I know dubb is cleared, and if you clear blade, then you have to clear his list (unless one is the don). However, I'm not sure how digamma was cleared. So your list plus digamma would be 7. Now if you don't clear blade, then we have 11 to worry about.

I cleared digamma simply b/c of the way he took my list yesterday. He was the only one not on the list to completely disagree with it. Ardent voted for me but said he didn't think it would matter, while digamma really fought me the whole way. That clears him in MY mind.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:26 AM   #614
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I cleared digamma simply b/c of the way he took my list yesterday. He was the only one not on the list to completely disagree with it. Ardent voted for me but said he didn't think it would matter, while digamma really fought me the whole way. That clears him in MY mind.

I tend to agree here, but again i want to know what his hint means before we clear him...im leaning to maybe a digamma cop, but im still not sure...hoping he is still around to notice
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:28 AM   #615
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Ardent
Illini
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

This is the list i'm working with at this point. Now the problem is picking the innocent one and not the guilty one
Old 08-18-2005, 01:29 AM   #616
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm off for the night, see ya guys again mid day 2morrow.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #617
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I'm of the opinion we don't waste our time with the don's son, unless we have solid proof. Otherwise we'll just bicker about who is who and get nowhere.

I like the odds better if we narrow it to your list of 6 or 7 anyway. Lets build a case for the candidates and try to make an educated choice. Thoughts?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:06 AM   #618
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I'm of the opinion we don't waste our time with the don's son, unless we have solid proof.

In my mind, sack and fouts are clear...shorty very well could have been the convert on night two, but i doubt it since i didnt come out with that info till after the no-kill...but he could be, so you hve to leave him off the cleared list...
Demotivation
Old 08-18-2005, 02:10 AM   #619
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I like the odds better if we narrow it to your list of 6 or 7 anyway. Lets build a case for the candidates and try to make an educated choice. Thoughts?

i think its the only route we have to go...barring digamma further explaining why he knows there is 5 mafia, all we can go off of is an educated guess...Im not going to be around much if at all tomorrow as i said before, so without this meaning anything i will simply stick to my vote of yesterday since i dont think he has been cleared even a little this entire game...i dont have anything on him other then doubt though, so dont read too far into it

Vote Ardent

No offense buddy, you just give me the wrong vibes...the same vibes i had for realdeal though, so i could be far off...but i have to vote, so such is
Demotivation
Old 08-18-2005, 03:00 AM   #620
Fouts
College Starter

Ok, after rereading the thread looking at the six that dubb has named, I have found the most suspicion lies with Bearcat. His voting without reason, and trying to stay under the radar don't sit right with me. He pushed hard to kill blade before everyone turned on dubb.

A couple quotes of his posts;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
The more I think about it the less I trust Blade. It seems easy that I could have pretended to be a seer and said so and so was a normal villager, but the way I've played the game so far hasn't worked out to my advantage at all. So I Vote Blade6119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
So far every bandwagon vote has done nothing but save the mafia in the game some time, and allow them to kill more useful villagers. If I'm wrong it will mean my death tomorrow because there are enough people who don't trust me as it is.

Since I have decided to believe in blade, and I refuse to waste time with searching for the don's son, I am going with the most suspicious person I can find. I won't be online until the afternoon, but I will be on before the deadline. If there is more compelling information, or if Bearcat can explain why he has voted erractically I may change my mind.

I vote Bearcat
Old 08-18-2005, 08:57 AM   #621
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
I assume you are clearing Blade and Shorty but not sold on Sackattack yet? b/c i'm at 6 suspects:

Ardent
Illini
Bearcat
pennywisesb
Sundvls
Schmidty

However if u ain't sold on Sackattack being innocent then I ain't either. Like I said I really don't believe you are mafia and really want to narrow this down as a group.

I forgot to cross Fouts off my list.

However, due to the timing, I guess Shorty could have been the one converted.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #622
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Since I have decided to believe in blade, and I refuse to waste time with searching for the don's son, I am going with the most suspicious person I can find. I won't be online until the afternoon, but I will be on before the deadline. If there is more compelling information, or if Bearcat can explain why he has voted erractically I may change my mind.

I vote Bearcat

Alright my votes in the past besides the one for Blade yesterday were totally random because we had no information. How was I to make an educated vote when no one knew anything. Chalk up my bizzarre behavior as this being my first time playing the game and not knowing what I should do.

I am a villager. I have always been a villager.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #623
digamma
Torchbearer

Four day voting compilation:

Shorty: jeff, no vote (intended to vote for jeff), Bek, jeff
Sack: RealDeal, dubb, dubb, dubb
Blade: RealDeal, Bearcat, Bek, dubb
dubb: RealDeal, Sack, Bek, jeff
digamma: Fouts, Fouts, Bek, dubb
Fouts: RealDeal, Aes, Bek, jeff
ardent: Schmidty, Blade, Bek, dubb
Bearcat: No vote, Shorty, dubb, Blade
Sundvls: Shorty, Bearcat, Bearcat, Bearcat
Schmidty: RealDeal, No Vote, No Vote, dubb
pennywise: Aes, Aes, Bek, Blade
illini: RealDeal, dubb, dubb, jeff
Old 08-18-2005, 03:52 PM   #624
SnDvls
Pro Starter

rather quiet today.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:57 PM   #625
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think everybody's kind of in shock. It isn't helping me, because I have work in 2 hours, and still no idea which way to vote.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:43 PM   #626
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There's still nothing to go on, and I have to go for my student softball game. So, based on mere nothing,

VOTE BEARCAT.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #627
SackAttack
Head Coach

gotta go to work, and with no developments this morning...

vote Shorty
Old 08-18-2005, 05:01 PM   #628
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I guess I'll keep my vote on the guy who still sticks out as questionable in my mind

vote BearCat
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #629
digamma
Torchbearer

Looking at the voting, I don't see a trend for Bearcat being mafia.

I also don't think Shorty is mafia.

I'm focusing on four folks.

My process of elimination method is getting me fewer and fewer candidates.

We really need to figure this one out, so I'm open to suggestions, but for now...

Vote ardent enthusiest.

-Not cleared by anyone thus far.
-Last three votes have been for Blade, Bek and dubb, bandwagoning on the last two.
-just a gut feeling.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #630
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote Shorty
Old 08-18-2005, 06:52 PM   #631
digamma
Torchbearer

Come on, people.

We have to get it right today.

If I'm right, and there are five mafia, then we could lose tonight. We have to have a successful lynching.

Any thoughts?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Is this thing on?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #632
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Come on, people.

We have to get it right today.

If I'm right, and there are five mafia, then we could lose tonight. We have to have a successful lynching.

Any thoughts?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Is this thing on?

To be competely honest, I've given up. I have no idea, and the attitudes of certain people have soured me on WW games as a whole. I'll probably take a break after this.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #633
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
To be competely honest, I've given up. I have no idea, and the attitudes of certain people have soured me on WW games as a whole. I'll probably take a break after this.

That's the spirit!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:06 PM   #634
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
That's the spirit!

It's just stopped being fun in the past week.

It's not like I'm not casting a vote that I think will help though. I still have a feeling about Shorty.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #635
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

Who's attitudes have soured you on the game? It is a game and that is your choice but I hope you aren't pointing a finger at me, atleast I took a shot in what I believed in and when it failed I had no choice but to use my role. I have since offered a private sincere apology to Jeff so I really hope you aren't fingering "my attitude" as making you give up. It is a game and should never be taken personal, hell look at my past record, I was duked on day 1 in 1 game. Yea it pissed me off for about 15 minutes but I got over it b/c it was just a game.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #636
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm assuming it was me and a bit of hypocracy(if it's Dubb that'd be just silly). Which is fine, I lost my cool for a bit. Was thinking of editing out my posts, but I hate doing that.

Whatever though, do what you like. I love everyone .

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-18-2005 at 07:14 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #637
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

illini: RealDeal, dubb, dubb, jeff

I don't like that voting record at all and he's on my short list. While I really suspect Bearcat as well for now I'll point the finger @ Illini, but I'll keep checking back b/f the deadline and hope to not see a bandwagon formed from the people on my shortlist. Also I think its pretty clear that Shorty COULD have been converted but I don't see the point in taking that chance when he was viewed by a seer and cleared. I think we should be focusing on the people that started out as mafia and when we get them all if it isn't game over go for shorty then.

Vote illinifan999
Old 08-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #638
digamma
Torchbearer

dubb,

illini is on my short list as well. I think we need numbers, so...

Unvote ardent.

Vote illinifan999
Old 08-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #639
digamma
Torchbearer

Or, if you are convinced by the ardent vote at all, swing that way and we'll have three, with Blade's vote.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #640
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Voting breakdown:

Bearcat(3): Fouts, Ardent, SnDvls
Shorty(2): Sackattack, Schmidty
Illinifan999(2): Dubb93, Digamma
Ardent(1): Blade1669
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #641
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Or, if you are convinced by the ardent vote at all, swing that way and we'll have three, with Blade's vote.

Honestly at this point I'm more concerned with Illini and Bearcat, but would be willing to swing to ardent closer to the deadline. Depends on what the other people that come in do.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #642
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Voting breakdown:

Bearcat(3): Fouts, Ardent, SnDvls
Shorty(2): Sackattack, Schmidty
Illinifan999(2): Dubb93, Digamma

Unvote Shorty

Vote Illinifan
Old 08-18-2005, 07:23 PM   #643
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

For the record Bearcat, Illinifan, shorty, and pennywisesb haven't voted yet. If they come in and try to bandwagon someone we will need to be ready to act fast.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #644
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure who to vote for. I know I am a villager, and that the people I suspected all but cleared themselves yesterday. So with no clear evidence I am going to take a chance and Vote illinifan999
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #645
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I just got home from poker sorry about my lack of posting. Since I have nothing to go on I'm gonna vote bearcat. Schmidty tomorrow if he turns out to be mafia.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:32 PM   #646
Fouts
College Starter

I have nothing on Illinifan, but not sure how any voting records mean much. We have yet to find one of them bastards. For example;

Quote:
dubb: RealDeal, Sack, Bek, jeff
Old 08-18-2005, 07:36 PM   #647
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like.....

Bearcat(4): Fouts, Ardent, SnDvls, Illinifan999
Illinifan999(4): Dubb93, Digamma, Schmidty, Bearcat
Shorty(1): Sackattack,

Shorty and Pennywise still haven't voted....
Old 08-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #648
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

It looks like it's me going in, so I guess I'm forced to reveal my role. I was given the role as a blind witness. It's a seer-like role except that it's not 100% right. So far everyone I've viewed has been clean, except last night I "eavesdropped" on a conversation between bearcat and an unknown character. I didn't reveal my role for obvious reasons but looking it over it looks like I need to do something so we don't lose this semi-important role. The conversation was something about "wacking someone", but again it's not 100%, neon said the role was 60% correct. So that's why I voted for bearcat. Now hopefully if I get saved the cop will protect me.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 07:37 PM   #649
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I have nothing on Illinifan, but not sure how any voting records mean much. We have yet to find one of them bastards. For example;

True, voting records don't mean much, but I just have a feeling about those 2. I really don't care which one goes 2night, I just have a feeling they are both mafia.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #650
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
It looks like it's me going in, so I guess I'm forced to reveal my role. I was given the role as a blind witness. It's a seer-like role except that it's not 100% right. So far everyone I've viewed has been clean, except last night I "eavesdropped" on a conversation between bearcat and an unknown character. I didn't reveal my role for obvious reasons but looking it over it looks like I need to do something so we don't lose this semi-important role. The conversation was something about "wacking someone", but again it's not 100%, neon said the role was 60% correct. So that's why I voted for bearcat. Now hopefully if I get saved the cop will protect me.

Well that changes things, flat out truth, or a last second mafia attempt to sack the quite bearcat and make illini seem innocent? thoughts?