Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #401
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
There are more vets than those three. Out of the list of players, here are the people who are probably considered vets. (If I leave out someone I apologize, no offense intended!)

1. Anxiety
3. Swaggs
4. tanglewood
6. Alan T
8. Lathum
9. Blade
12. path12
16. sndvls
17. schmidty
21. grammaticus

Also these three are experienced enough to be just fine as a wolf or villager in a demanding role too strategy wise...

2. Chubby
10. Bulletsponge
13. fouts

So there are quite a few vets in this game even with alot of new players. I personally like this balance as it creates an interesting environment for us.

Agreed. BTW, I'm a vet? Thanks!

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:28 PM   #402
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
dola,

I don't recall any mod ever saying it was anything but random

I selected the self-terminating role for Barkeep in the last WW game that I ran because he couldn't play the entire length of the game. His character was doomed to die, and I felt comfortable assigning it to him because of that. Otherwise, yeah - all random.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #403
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I selected the self-terminating role for Barkeep in the last WW game that I ran because he couldn't play the entire length of the game. His character was doomed to die, and I felt comfortable assigning it to him because of that. Otherwise, yeah - all random.
Except as fate would have it I self terminiated in another way and my "vacation" ended up being during a hiatus of games so I wouldn't have had to miss any. Oh well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #404
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'M HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ME COWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #405
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I'M HERE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIDE ME COWBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering when you would show up...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #406
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I’ve seen the “kill the vets” approach work very well in the past. It really comes down to kill the players who have a rep as being good players more than simply experienced or veteran. Usually I would not lynch the vets from the start. But later on when the smoke clears and there is just that one player that you can’t figure out why they are still there, well that means something too. But no single strategy is fool proof.

Also, I have seen the wolves take out all the vets one by one. Same problem occurs. At some point one person should just not be there and that person ends up being the experienced wolf. Or the random gods give you 2 experienced wolves. It gets just as tricky, just more focused.

The two most notorious vets started the game and are still here. That would be Blade and Schmidty. At this point I would not recommend killing either as I think they are both good based on a prior post by each. Either that or one or both laid a good trap. For now I consider them more trustworthy than not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #407
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Would you care to point out those posts?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #408
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

I should say two (not the two most) notorious vets.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #409
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
I’ve seen the “kill the vets” approach work very well in the past. It really comes down to kill the players who have a rep as being good players more than simply experienced or veteran. Usually I would not lynch the vets from the start. But later on when the smoke clears and there is just that one player that you can’t figure out why they are still there, well that means something too. But no single strategy is fool proof.

Also, I have seen the wolves take out all the vets one by one. Same problem occurs. At some point one person should just not be there and that person ends up being the experienced wolf. Or the random gods give you 2 experienced wolves. It gets just as tricky, just more focused.

The two most notorious vets started the game and are still here. That would be Blade and Schmidty. At this point I would not recommend killing either as I think they are both good based on a prior post by each. Either that or one or both laid a good trap. For now I consider them more trustworthy than not.

Redheads can't be trusted. Schmidty is an attractive choice.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #410
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

St. Cronin - Are specialty roles revealed upon death?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #411
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
St. Cronin - Are specialty roles revealed upon death?

yes

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:05 PM   #412
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

St. Cronin - Does Chief Rum's vote for Swaggs count?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM   #413
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Rum said he might not get back on till tonight so he voted. it was after the lynch last night
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #414
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
Rum said he might not get back on till tonight so he voted. it was after the lynch last night
Right, but prior to the start of the day cycle. Usually those votes don't count, I'm asking if there is an exception here. That way we will know if CR's vote is on Swaggs or not.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:17 PM   #415
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
St. Cronin - Does Chief Rum's vote for Swaggs count?

I am going to count his vote, because I ran the night action late. Although I think technically his vote came before 9am eastern. I'm hoping for the rest of the game to run all night actions well before the deadline.

knives out
Old 08-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Agreed. BTW, I'm a vet? Thanks!

-Anxiety

Well you are vet enough to have run a WW game
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #417
Lorena
Unregistered

I considered Lathum and Blade might BOTH be wolves and they're using their long, deep rooted feud as a sort of diversion to keep us off their trail; but after Grammaticus mentioned that the "random gods" might give us 2 experienced wolves, it kinda threw my theory out the window.

Having said that, how many wolves are there per game? Or does it depend on the amount of players?

I'm trying to figure out how many wolves are out there.

Thanks in advance.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #418
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

I appreciate Grammaticus laying it all out for us newbies. It was a little confusing at first, but I think I'm getting the gist of it.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #419
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would say there are probably 4 wolves but thats just a guess.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:19 PM   #420
path12
Coordinator

I think it's very likely that there is at least one vet in the wolves. I thought the fact that Saldana was the night kill lends credence to this, since he's a very solid player but not necessarily the most vocal. I also wouldn't be surprised at all to have the vet wolf be vocal in this game to provide cover for some of the newer players that might be bad.

That said, I'm still not sure that anyone is necessarily pinging my radar here. I agree with Tangle that although Gramm was way out front yesterday with the tie scenarios that he was actually hitting on something that might help us out. I think the bullet/chubby issue is a non-starter, doesn't clear or damn IMO.

This is likely to change, but the person I'm most suspicious of at this moment is:

Vote Alan T

He's always helpful, especially when he's bad. And he's been quite helpful to the newer folks.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #421
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Schmidty is attractive.

PM sent.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #422
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I think it's very likely that there is at least one vet in the wolves. I thought the fact that Saldana was the night kill lends credence to this, since he's a very solid player but not necessarily the most vocal. I also wouldn't be surprised at all to have the vet wolf be vocal in this game to provide cover for some of the newer players that might be bad.

That said, I'm still not sure that anyone is necessarily pinging my radar here. I agree with Tangle that although Gramm was way out front yesterday with the tie scenarios that he was actually hitting on something that might help us out. I think the bullet/chubby issue is a non-starter, doesn't clear or damn IMO.

This is likely to change, but the person I'm most suspicious of at this moment is:

Vote Alan T

He's always helpful, especially when he's bad. And he's been quite helpful to the newer folks.

Its funny you voted for me since right now I have 90% confidence of only one player in the game being good. You just happened to have voted for that player on day one.

Maybe lines are being drawn in the sand right now, Im not sure. However voting for someone in my very tiny day 2 circle of trust already had made me suspicious of you.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #423
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Its funny you voted for me since right now I have 90% confidence of only one player in the game being good. You just happened to have voted for that player on day one.

Maybe lines are being drawn in the sand right now, Im not sure. However voting for someone in my very tiny day 2 circle of trust already had made me suspicious of you.

As I mentioned when I made my day 1 vote, I had limited availability, so I pretty much laid down a vote and was gone the rest of the day. If I had seen the obligatory Schmidty 'fuck you here's a vote back' post I would have changed it for likely the same reason you're stating.

Feel free to vote me if you want, it will give ammo down the road to narrow down the wolves. But now I've got to switch off of you because of what you just said.

Unvote Alan T

I've got to look through the past day again before I put another vote in.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:00 PM   #424
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't been able to glean too much from posts here so far. I'm not really going to read anything into day 1 votes because, well, they're day 1 votes.

Vote Farrah
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:10 PM   #425
Fouts
College Starter

(back from another final exam)

I am leaning towards believing Lathum. No reason for him to come out and point the finger if he were a wolf. I'm trying to figure out who looks the most guilty at this point. I have to admit that blade still being alive has me shocked.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #426
st.cronin
General Manager

My count so far:

1 - Blade - Lathum
1 - Lathum - molson
1 - Chubby - Blade
1 - Grammaticus - GoldenEagle
1 - Swaggs - Chief Rum
1 - farrah - Chubby

knives out
Old 08-15-2006, 05:21 PM   #427
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

too much information here
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:29 PM   #428
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I haven't been able to glean too much from posts here so far. I'm not really going to read anything into day 1 votes because, well, they're day 1 votes.

Vote Farrah

this vote screams "dont look at me, pay no mind to what i do". and for now that is enough for me. this vote may change if someone puts thier foot in thier mouth later

Vote Cubby again
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #429
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

While your post is informative, you point out 2 notorious vets and then recommend not to kill them based on some prior posts. It doesn't add up.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM   #430
Fouts
College Starter

Combined the above with Grammaticus' post that it was obvious that Nodda was a villager, I am going to vote for him.

Vote Grammaticus
Old 08-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #431
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I've really got nothing to go on again today so to give this player their first WW vote

vote Dodgerchick

only because I want to have that honor at least once in a WW game.
of course subject to change if any new info comes out.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #432
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Redheads can't be trusted.

Vote Schmidty
Old 08-15-2006, 06:00 PM   #433
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Redheads can't be trusted.

Vote Schmidty
Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #434
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Woopsie.

So since I'm having board issues, does that mean I get two votes?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #435
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
While your post is informative, you point out 2 notorious vets and then recommend not to kill them based on some prior posts. It doesn't add up.
I'm not sure why you think it does not add up. The talk has been towards lynching a vet and more than likely a strong player. Hence I pointed out my thoughts on two who may end up top candidates.

I also pointed out that strategy can work but is not a given.

What about that does not add up?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:08 PM   #436
Swaggs
Coordinator

Vote Grammaticus

No major evidence here, but in lieu of anything better, we need to vote for someone and his postings seem like he is trying to get some misinformation out there without actually stepping on any toes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #437
Swaggs
Coordinator

Doh....

Forgot the bold:

Vote Grammaticus
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:09 PM   #438
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

Fouts, I also think noddadropp was a likely villager and think if we wanted to go for a non voter, cheif rum was a better candidate. Mainly because he pointed out he was not going to vote.

For day one, some people think saying nothing and not voting is worse than saying something and not voting. Probably fairly equal strategies.

I still think with the lack of villager roles it was better to setup some head to head scenarios to see who does what and try to learn something. There was very little talk and very little movement yesterday so I went about trying to get some activity going.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #439
path12
Coordinator

Vote Fouts

I tend to think that GoldenEagle (his day 1 vote) is good, and Gramm seems to be working for the village so far.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #440
Lorena
Unregistered

Going on a hunch:

Vote Chubby
Old 08-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #441
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Vote Fouts

I tend to think that GoldenEagle (his day 1 vote) is good, and Gramm seems to be working for the village so far.

Did you vote for Alan T earlier?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:18 PM   #442
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
As I mentioned when I made my day 1 vote, I had limited availability, so I pretty much laid down a vote and was gone the rest of the day. If I had seen the obligatory Schmidty 'fuck you here's a vote back' post I would have changed it for likely the same reason you're stating.

Feel free to vote me if you want, it will give ammo down the road to narrow down the wolves. But now I've got to switch off of you because of what you just said.

Unvote Alan T

I've got to look through the past day again before I put another vote in.

Oops, nevermind :o
Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 PM   #443
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Oops, nevermind :o

No worries -- I do the same thing all the damn time.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:27 PM   #444
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm not sure why you think it does not add up. The talk has been towards lynching a vet and more than likely a strong player. Hence I pointed out my thoughts on two who may end up top candidates.

I also pointed out that strategy can work but is not a given.

What about that does not add up?

It doesn't add up that you would point out two people and say don't vote for them. In the end, you say to give blade and schmidty a pass. I found that interesting with Lathum, Alan and Anxiety still in the game.

Also, you said based on their prior posts, which holds no water.

I voted for you because we are lacking info right now, and it is the best I have seen.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #445
st.cronin
General Manager

Less than 1 hour to deadline (8:30pm)

Blade - Lathum
Lathum - molson
Chubby - Blade, bulletsponge, dodgerchick
Grammaticus - GoldenEagle, Fouts, Swaggs
Swaggs - Chief Rum
farrah - Chubby
Dodgerchick - SnDvls
Schmidty - farrah
Fouts - path12

not yet voted:

Anxiety
tanglewood
AlanT
greyroofoo
Schmidty
Daddytorgo
Grammaticus

knives out
Old 08-15-2006, 06:43 PM   #446
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
It doesn't add up that you would point out two people and say don't vote for them. In the end, you say to give blade and schmidty a pass. I found that interesting with Lathum, Alan and Anxiety still in the game.

Also, you said based on their prior posts, which holds no water.

I voted for you because we are lacking info right now, and it is the best I have seen.
Your not making sense. I'm saying if the strategy that was being discussed was to be applied, I would not recommend going for those two. Their potential value outweighs a blind lynch based on their vet status, at this point.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #447
Fouts
College Starter

Heading to the movies, so I'll miss the deadline. I haven't seen much info today, so I'm keeping my vote as it is.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #448
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

balls. i just got on for the day
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #449
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hunching

vote chubby
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote