Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

EA and Tiger Woods part ways......

Yet another sign that EA is struggling under the weight of their licenses/endorsements. It'll be interesting to see if pulling the focus away from Tiger changes the game for the better or worse.

EA and Tiger Woods part ways | Joystiq

Edit: Good view of differences between current gen and next gen games.....

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-28-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, so in my mind, I had the Current and Next Gen shots switched, and was thinking they were literally shrinking gallery sizes because Tiger wouldn't be in the Next Gen game. Lol

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The next gen/current gen doesn't really tell you that much. EA has a history of putting a ton of effort on the backdrops and scenery in the first editions of next gen games and then not touching ever again. That scene is one I will never see in a game because I skip past all the extraneous scenes that I can.

That said, if it means that when you hit a ball in the gallery one of the three 2-dimensional people standing will no longer grab their leg and hop up and down, job well done.

My guess is they want more involvement from the player in cut scenes, tutorials and the like. I'm betting there won't be a title player attached to the game. Not even "Phil Mickelson 15" sounds marketable, and there is no other player with the name to move product. Just call it PGA Tour Golf like it used to be and pay 30 guys less than Tiger made by himself and put them in the game.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Interesting twist here. Tiger now actively shopping himself to other developers. You can be sure that any developer that secures his name will be looking to get a PGA license for their game. If EA wants to keep that PGA license as an exclusive, it just got a whole lot more expensive.

Tiger Woods 'in negotiations' with another publisher for video game rights | Joystiq
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
The next gen/current gen doesn't really tell you that much. EA has a history of putting a ton of effort on the backdrops and scenery in the first editions of next gen games and then not touching ever again. That scene is one I will never see in a game because I skip past all the extraneous scenes that I can.

That said, if it means that when you hit a ball in the gallery one of the three 2-dimensional people standing will no longer grab their leg and hop up and down, job well done.

My guess is they want more involvement from the player in cut scenes, tutorials and the like. I'm betting there won't be a title player attached to the game. Not even "Phil Mickelson 15" sounds marketable, and there is no other player with the name to move product. Just call it PGA Tour Golf like it used to be and pay 30 guys less than Tiger made by himself and put them in the game.

Good old EA bullshots.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote