Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #651
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That actually sounds to me like Hoops protected Blade last night, and all is well in the world, to be honest.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:21 PM   #652
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
No, I dont find it odd at all. I actually prefer the seer not give hints for the badguys to pick up on until they have enough valuable information for us to go on that its worth losing them. Right now I'm assuming we have between 2-4 bad guys depending if last night there was a conversion. If our seer can pick out 2 of them for us it would help alot.

I generally figure if a seer is going to give hints for his own side, the bad guys are smart enough to pick up on them too. Then its a matter of time before you lose them.

I think we have at least three bad guys - the wizard said you might be able to find him and he had henchmen, plural. I remember having a discussion about this earlier. Plus there are 16 people, doesn;t make sense to have just two antagonists.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #653
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
That actually sounds to me like Hoops protected Blade last night, and all is well in the world, to be honest.

That explanation fits, although why then did Blade jump to the conclusion that hoops wasn't the bodyguard?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #654
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Hoops said he did not have anything to do with what happened last night, and has openly avoided saying who he protected last night...im quite sure, barring hoops doing a total 180, hoops had nothing POSITIVE to do last night for the wolves
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #655
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
That explanation fits, although why then did Blade jump to the conclusion that hoops wasn't the bodyguard?
Becuase hoops has repeatedly said he didnt have anything special happen last night, he didnt want to say who he protected as they would attack him tomorrow(if it was me, the wizard knows hoops protected me...which obviously doesnt fit with hoops story). It seems clear to me someone besides hoops protected me last night, and to me clear one of hoops or cronin had a hand in me being the target last night
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #656
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Hoops said he did not have anything to do with what happened last night, and has openly avoided saying who he protected last night...im quite sure, barring hoops doing a total 180, hoops had nothing POSITIVE to do last night for the wolves

It may have been an attempt to draw a wizard out, catch one in a lie. He may have assumed you knew who protected you.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #657
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
It may have been an attempt to draw a wizard out, catch one in a lie. He may have assumed you knew who protected you.
Its possible, and if so then i have messed up his plans royally. But i feel obligated at this point when he still contradicts me to go against him. If i have royally screwed his plans, i apologize..as a bodyguard or wizard
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #658
hoopsguy
General Manager

I did not play a role in the events that Blade is relaying. If he is telling the truth then there was another person who had the ability to protect him last night.

I still do not want to say who I protected last night, but it was not Blade.

I made a point of coming out with the bodyguard story to help clear up "protect versus convert" conversations that were already starting and that made perfect sense, given no body after the night action.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #659
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Its possible, and if so then i have messed up his plans royally. But i feel obligated at this point when he still contradicts me to go against him. If i have royally screwed his plans, i apologize..as a bodyguard or wizard

Don't feel bad, it certainly wouldn't be the first time in this game a wolf has misunderstood a wolf.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #660
hoopsguy
General Manager

No plans screwed up, one way or the other, Blade. But if you are telling the truth about the events of last night then I completely understand why my version of the events weirded you out.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #661
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would rather not say why I am sure on hoops right now except that I trust him for now, everything he has said adds up unless someone else steps forward there is no reason for debate at this point.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #662
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't feel bad, it certainly wouldn't be the first time in this game a wolf has misunderstood a wolf.
Look one post up...so far, i might not be too far off. Lathum intrigues me, but so far i have seen nothing to validate hoops being clean.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #663
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, is there any reason that I need to keep my role name secret at this point? I think you and Barkeep had wanted me to only give the first letter.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #664
st.cronin
General Manager

[sarcasm] Well, that clears everything up. [/sarcasm]

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #665
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Cronin, is there any reason that I need to keep my role name secret at this point? I think you and Barkeep had wanted me to only give the first letter.

Not that I can think of. I was worried that your role name would give away some other roles, but I don't think that's a real possibility anymore.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #666
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Am I the only one that is more confused now than I was earlier this morning?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:36 PM   #667
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops and Blade, I think you are focusing to much attention on each other and playing into the baddies hands.

Trust me, you are both telling the truth and need to look elsewhere.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #668
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
[sarcasm] Well, that clears everything up. [/sarcasm]
Welcome to how i feel most every game
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #669
hoopsguy
General Manager

The role name is "Protector Wolf".
Old 06-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #670
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok so who isn't in on this love fest?

Anxiety, Ardent, schmidty, Tyrith, and path

Seems like maybe we should look at one of them? The other players are connected through interlocking trusts suggesting that while there is perhaps one baddie in the group we've got a good starting point for wizard hunting.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #671
st.cronin
General Manager

So let's draw some lines - I have hoops, barkeep, blade, anxiety and probably lathum in my circle. Anybody see any problems with that? Other than the blade v. hoops thing, I mean.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #672
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I'm willing to try and cooperate today if you are ...

1. Do you think that any of the late vote changes to me last night were by members of Team Wizard (Schmidty or Path)?
Old 06-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #673
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok so who isn't in on this love fest?

Anxiety, Ardent, schmidty, Tyrith, and path

Seems like maybe we should look at one of them? The other players are connected through interlocking trusts suggesting that while there is perhaps one baddie in the group we've got a good starting point for wizard hunting.

I have Anxiety on the inside. I think he suggested his role is similiar to mine and saldana's.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #674
Tyrith
College Starter

Okay, let's buy into lathum's story for now. That clears blade, cronin, and hoops, and theoretically also lathum. Schmidty seems to come up right in my cross-hairs now. Any other thoughts?
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #675
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So let's draw some lines - I have hoops, barkeep, blade, anxiety and probably lathum in my circle. Anybody see any problems with that? Other than the blade v. hoops thing, I mean.
Dont know why anxiety is in there and saldana isnt...my trust list reads nothing like yours, but for you those two should prob. be swapped
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #676
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, just woke up a half hour ago, and I'll soon be packing. I'm heading out to a friend's place tonight and playing Magic and I'll be out all night. I might be able to use his computer to check back in, later, but who knows.

Wow! Lots of stuff happening and information being revealed. For the record, here is my own littel circle of trust:

Trust: Blade, Hoops
Distrust: Cronin, Lathum's cryptic statement

Everybody else is in the middle. I have to vote now, because I don't know if I'll be able to log on or not from my friend's place.

Do you ever feel that you know a lot more and yet are still having difficutly who to vote for? That's me right now.

I find myself believing hoops, for now at least.

Does anybody else find Cronin to be playing rather erratically? I'd like to hear more from Lathum, but I understand if he's not willing to give it up. I just don't think Lathum should have said anything at all until there was serious heat on Blade, and there wasn't.

Still, poor strategy does not an antagonist make. Us wolves have to stick together. For now, I'm going to roll my view of cronin.

Vote st.cronin

-Anxiety

Old 06-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #677
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, the in-day participation right now is pretty cool after seeing some slow days in past games.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #678
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I'm willing to try and cooperate today if you are ...

1. Do you think that any of the late vote changes to me last night were by members of Team Wizard (Schmidty or Path)?
The late vote changes were path and I, as schmidty swapped to you a little earlier.

Its hard for me right now, as my trust list up until right now reads basically everybody you guys say are uncleared, and my distrust list read, to a T, like the list of names people are saying are linked now.
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM   #679
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Dont know why anxiety is in there and saldana isnt...my trust list reads nothing like yours, but for you those two should prob. be swapped

Saldana should be in there as well. Give me a minute and I'll have my thoughts (if any) on everybody.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:44 PM   #680
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This is probably a good spot for a vote recap up to this point. So far the voting has been all over the place similar to our discussion today. I hate to feel that we aren't really making much ground by being all over the place. I would rather stick with one or two likely targets and try to narrow down lines of trust.

Path - Alan T (560), Barkeep (602)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
Ardent - Path (564), Cronin (572)
hoops - Blade (637)
Cronin - Anxiety (676)
Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #681
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I'm counting three people as late-changes towards me (Schmidty was in last hour) and for purposes of "playing nice" with you I'm willing to accept that you are not a wizard.

Why do you trust Path? I was suspicious of him, although I had not posted on it, long before the deadline last night.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:45 PM   #682
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I reread my statement and realized I didn't say everything I wanted to

I beleive st.cronin's role reveal, I just think his actions have been a bit off. I just don't know who else to go after? Maybe path, I could be convinced of that.

I'm going to go pack and I'll check back in 30 minutes.

Old 06-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #683
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here is my current trust list..

Moderate trust: Cronin, Saldana
Little trust: Ardent, Barkeep
Neutral: Blade, Coffee, Hoops, Lathum
Little distrust: Tyrith
Moderate distrust: Path,Schmidty, Anxiety

The main changes i have done is Barkeep through his posts today makes me feel a little more confident in him. Hoops, Blade and Lathum I have to sort out one way or another in my head, but dont feel strong enough to make any kind of move on them. Coffee to me has seemed like he is trying too hard to just fill in the places that makes the most people happy, but I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt that its tough to jump in midway, so will watch him more today and tommorrow before I form an opinion. I also moved Anxiety and Schmidty into a little more distrust over what feels like comments that go directly against my observations so far.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #684
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, I'm counting three people as late-changes towards me (Schmidty was in last hour) and for purposes of "playing nice" with you I'm willing to accept that you are not a wizard.

Why do you trust Path? I was suspicious of him, although I had not posted on it, long before the deadline last night.
Path has seemed to genuinely help, and he reasons for hightened activity all ring true with me. He has changed the past few games, and i see nothing out of the oridinary for what i have come to expect from him(which is a change for the better to me, i have enjoyed playing with him far more the past few games)
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #685
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't really trust anxiety right now, he ahsn't really said much untill his statements a few minutes ago.

I trust schmidty because I think it would be a really risky move to switch a late vote this early in the game.

Right now I am leaning towards Ardent. He has been really, really quiet to this point and his name hasn't really come up.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #686
st.cronin
General Manager

1.Anxiety Well, he just voted for me. He's said some things that make me think he's a wolf, but he also contributed anything of substance. He's just been going with the flow for the most part. suspicious
2.Barkeep49 Backed up me and saldana on our roles. trusted
3.Qwikshot - Blasted Night 1
4. AlanT No real read either way.
5. Mckerney - Torn Apart Day 2
6. Saldana Was the first one to legitimize my role. trusted
7. Lathum Has backed up Blade and hoops. trusted
9. path12 No real read either way.
10. ardent enthusiast No real read either way.
11 Tyrith
Was with me when I was going after hoops. Has played like Anxiety. suspicious
12.Schmidty I could go either way on him.
13. Coffee Warlord His interpretation of Blade's story puts him on the outside, and he's given us no reason to trust him, yet.suspicious
14.Hoopsguy Not sure what to make of him. Mostly I believe him. trusted

My vote is on ardent, right now, but I think Tyrith or Anxiety would be a good way to go.
15.tanglewood - Torn Apart Day 1
16.Blade6119

Alternates: None at this time.

Rules:

Roles will be handed out this weekend. This will begin Night 0 and discussion will be allowed at this point.

Game will start Tuesday, 9 AM with Night 0 Actions due at that point. Game will then run on a Monday-Friday basis, with Night action results being revealed at 9 am, and lynch results being revealed at 10 PM.

Lynches will be based on a strict Most votes basis.

Ties will be handled under the following rule: The two "boss" characters can each break a tie once (the Wolf player will have first choice on whether to break a tie or not, followed by the Wizard player). However, breaking a tie WILL reveal your role. If neither player wishes to break the tie, it will be decided by a coin flip.

The game will go until the Wizard flees, The Wizard and his henchmen outnumber the remaining Wolves (or a 1v1 basis), or the Wizard and his henchmen are all killed.

Victory Conditions:

Wolves:
Complete Victory: Wizard and henchmen killed, Wolf Boss stays alive
Moderate Victory: Wizard Flees, Henchmen killed, Wolf Boss stays alive
Moderate Victory: Wizard and henchmen Killed, Wolf Boss is killed
Light Victory: Wizard Flees, Henchmen Killed, Wolf Boss is Killed

Wizard/Henchmen:
Victory: Eliminate all Wolves[/quote]

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #687
st.cronin
General Manager

[quote=st.cronin]1.Anxiety Well, he just voted for me. He's said some things that make me think he's a wolf, but he also contributed anything of substance. He's just been going with the flow for the most part. suspicious
2.Barkeep49 Backed up me and saldana on our roles. trusted
3.Qwikshot - Blasted Night 1
4. AlanT No real read either way.
5. Mckerney - Torn Apart Day 2
6. Saldana Was the first one to legitimize my role. trusted
7. Lathum Has backed up Blade and hoops. trusted
9. path12 No real read either way.
10. ardent enthusiast No real read either way.
11 Tyrith
Was with me when I was going after hoops. Has played like Anxiety. suspicious
12.Schmidty I could go either way on him.
13. Coffee Warlord His interpretation of Blade's story puts him on the outside, and he's given us no reason to trust him, yet.suspicious
14.Hoopsguy Not sure what to make of him. Mostly I believe him. trusted
16.Blade6119
trusted

My vote is on ardent, right now, but I think Tyrith or Anxiety would be a good way to go.

darn it
disregard the above post, as it was sent before I was done with it.

Unvote Ardent

Vote Anxiety

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #688
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, Day one anxiety threw out a safe day one vote on barkeep, day 2 he threw out a vote on hoops that was kind of middle of the pack. He has done a good job of just "blending in" and for that I don't trust him.

I have to leave for work soon and will probably miss the deadline. I think I am onto something here and I hope I live through the night.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE ANXIETY

btw, is there a lynch vote tomorrow? I am going to PA for the weekend and will be in Amish country so I may not have internet access after noon tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:00 PM   #690
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There will be a 10 PM Vote Friday, but the night actions will not be due till 9 AM Monday
Old 06-01-2006, 02:02 PM   #691
hoopsguy
General Manager

Updated votes:

Path - AlanT (560), Barkeep (602)
Schmidty - Saldana (561)
Ardent - Path (564)
Hoopsguy - Blade (637)
Cronin - Anxiety (676)
Anxiety - Cronin (687), Lathum (689)

Not voted - Ardent, Tyrith, Schmidty, Coffee, Hoopsguy
Old 06-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #692
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would like to see some communication between Barkeep and Saldana to see if they believe that the other person has an identical role.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #693
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, off to work, I am hoping I get done early enough tonight but if I don't good luck.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #694
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I just came back from packing and boy, have things changed.

Look guys, I don't know strategy and what completely yet, but I think it's a bad idea if we reveal all of our roles on the same day, gives the antagonists too many targets. What should I do here?

-Anxiety

Old 06-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #695
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I just came back from packing and boy, have things changed.

Look guys, I don't know strategy and what completely yet, but I think it's a bad idea if we reveal all of our roles on the same day, gives the antagonists too many targets. What should I do here?

-Anxiety
you just did, as well as hinting earlier...unless you know a bad guy retreat to your corner and be merry
Demotivation
Old 06-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #696
hoopsguy
General Manager

Going back through Blade's PM, he indicates that the wizard is a traitor to the pack? Huh? Is there any reason for the wizard to have ever been a member of the pack - how would the mad wizard have been in position to betray the pack? I don't know how this impacts play, but from a plot development standpoint I find the word "traitor" very interesting in regards to an assumed-to-be-human wizard.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #697
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Going back through Blade's PM, he indicates that the wizard is a traitor to the pack? Huh? Is there any reason for the wizard to have ever been a member of the pack - how would the mad wizard have been in position to betray the pack? I don't know how this impacts play, but from a plot development standpoint I find the word "traitor" very interesting in regards to an assumed-to-be-human wizard.

I was puzzled by that as well, that's why at first I thought Blade had seen a conversion.

knives out
Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #698
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you just did, as well as hinting earlier...unless you know a bad guy retreat to your corner and be merry

I don't. Retreating begins.

-Anxiety

Old 06-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #699
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm just confused now.

Though I do find it amusing I'm already "suspicious" to some people.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #700
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I was puzzled by that as well, that's why at first I thought Blade had seen a conversion.
He called the wizard a traitor to my pack, as well as saying his heartsblood(one word) would run...is "heartsblood" a WW term?
Demotivation