Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #151
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The war goes poorly for the wolves. They have been turned back from several villages, and several large packs have been reduced to a few members. Several packs have grouped together to try to reform and at least protect that the Wolves have gained so far.

As the wolves arrive, the sky is darkening, and there's a taint of foul human magic in the air... but those who are already there cannot flee, as their thoughts disappate when they attempt to think of escape.

Finally, as if drawn by an irrestible force, the wolves gather in the ruined town of Boghaven's town square.

With a flash of light, forms appear in the mist. Several brave wolves attempt to attack the forms, but their teeth snap on mistand they are blown back by winds.

"I am the wizard Trosa, called the Mad Wizard by some.. and you.. well.. you are the ones I havve been paid to burn to cinders.. but you see, I believe in making you suffer jsut as much as the lives you have all taken. So starting tonight, you will play the same game that you have inflicted on so many other villages.Starting Tommorrow, you will choose one of your own to fall every day, and every night I will attempt to remove one.. OR MORE of you. If you fail to discover me and my.. companions in time.. you all will die. But there are worse fates then death.. some of you might find that Fate will be cruel.. Who knows.. if you find me, you may even be able to end my life. But I don't think so. Your species never works together well.. anyway.. let the game begin!"

There is a huge flash of light and when it fades and the afterimages stop.. there are 16 wolves, eyeing each other warily, waiting for a reason to go for each other's throats.

The image of the Mad Wizard laughs one more time. "Tommorrow night, your downfall begins.."
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 PM   #152
st.cronin
General Manager

So are we on day 1 now?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:03 AM   #153
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He said companions, so there are at least three villagers out there. (The mage + at least two others to make "companions")

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #154
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
He said companions, so there are at least three villagers out there. (The mage + at least two others to make "companions")

-Anxiety

Well, it's possible nobody is the wizard Trosa ... that his character is outside the game, and his henchmen are making the decisions. I don't know that I'd read that much into it.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 08:12 AM   #155
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

we are now in Day 1. Voting ends at 10 PM
Old 05-30-2006, 08:18 AM   #156
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
we are now in Day 1. Voting ends at 10 PM
Flying to Chicago today. I'll be out till this afternoon.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Well, it's possible nobody is the wizard Trosa ... that his character is outside the game, and his henchmen are making the decisions. I don't know that I'd read that much into it.

From this sentence, "Who knows.. if you find me, you may even be able to end my life," it seems to me he is among us. Damn humies.

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #158
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think it's likely he's among us. Beyond that I am going to go for the guy who coasted to a victory last time because he was quiet.

Vote Tyrith
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:16 AM   #159
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
to win a super major victory, or whatever it was called, we have to kill him and all his henchmen, so he has to be in the game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #160
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I think it's likely he's among us. Beyond that I am going to go for the guy who coasted to a victory last time because he was quiet.

Vote Tyrith

Damnit! I wanted to be the first to vote for him! I've got no problem with putting a little pressure on and getting him to talk a bit.....

Vote Tyrith
Old 05-30-2006, 10:36 AM   #161
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm not going to vote Tyrinth because of some prior game (which we should have no knowledge about).

Hoops, I think things are quiet because of the holiday...it'll pick up.

Vote Blade

Simply because he's eager for blood and jumping to some conclusions pretty early...not that I don't clear Schmidty, but quite fast to strike. This should be a calm process, something will give, and we'll claw through the discussion.

Now Blade, that is why I'm voting for you, not because of past history. Feel free to vote me.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #162
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE ARDENT
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #163
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So depending on the weather I am perhaps out for the day. I will say this: Blade you playing silent? That pit won't fly. I played a quiet game last time but I still gave reasons for my vote. Short reasons, but reasons. While I wasn't out there posting every time a thought came to mind, I was trying to help my team whenever I did post and did respond to every question put to me and to many of the accusations as well.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #164
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA:

I view voting for Tyrith less as a revenge and more as a way to try and pressure people into talking. The same way I just called Blade out and along a similar idea as to what Hoops has stated he wants to do.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:10 AM   #165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Blade you playing silent? That pit won't fly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
ill play...im trying something this game, a whole new Blade character. Well see how it goes, but its aimed at cutting down controversy like this

Quote:
Before i get my role, im playing a unique style this time for me(unique to me, others play it). So when you wonder what im doing this game, remember this quote.

If worse comes to worst, ill talk it up a bit...but i promise i doubt ill post half as much as usual. People always complain i post too much, with too much dribble. So i shall appease them with my silence. I might answer questions to me, might not....i shall play quiet, and if they want to kill me so be it
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:19 AM   #166
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
OK, pretty quiet so far this weekend. No surprise there.

Over the last couple of games, it seems that the "quiet wolf" has become more in vogue again. I just hate that style of play, personally. I think it sucks some of the life out of the game when there is no real clash between the good/evil forces. I understand that people should play to win in the best way they know how, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

With that in mind, I'm planning to attack inactive players a little more aggressively in my voting patterns than in past games. This goes not only for post count, but for lurkers in the thread who are not posting. Obviously I'm not going to overlook significant game information to only look at activity level, but if I'm going to be wrong on a vote then I would prefer to miss by taking out an inactive player (all other things being equal).

Here are the guys who have not posted since roles were released:
mckerney
tyrith
tanglewood

Obviously we are not yet in voting mode (Night 0 and all) but I figure we may as well try to get the conversation going now rather than waiting until Tuesday.

I am going to tentatively align myself with hoopsguy for the day. This is not based on anything other than that I think this is a very wolf-like post. (In this game, wolf-like means un-wolf-like) I don't have any sort of inside knowledge on hoops or anybody else.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 11:22 AM   #167
saldana
Pro Starter

qwik, i agree with you that we shouldnt vote for tyrith as vengance for last game, however, i am a strong believer in tradition, so i will keep with my long standing one and
vote dubb
Old 05-30-2006, 11:35 AM   #168
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hate using info from previous games but on day one you don't have much to go by. Last game McKerney came out all guns blazing, this time he is really quiet.

VOTE MCKERNEY
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:46 AM   #169
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm jammed up in meetings this morning but will definitely be around by mid-afternoon. So far I haven't seen anything that indicates results from Night 0 actions. Which means we are likely flying pretty blind here.

Blade playing a quiet game? This should be interesting ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:01 PM   #170
path12
Coordinator

My vote for Tyrith is only tongue-in-cheek meta from last game. I am very interested in getting the quieter folks to talk more this game though. And nothing brings out the posts like a couple of votes......
Old 05-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #171
st.cronin
General Manager

Tyrith with the early lead.

Tyrith (2) - Barkeep, path
Blade (1) - Qwik
ardent (1) - Blade
tanglewood (1) - cronin
dubb - (1) saldana
mckerney - (1) lathum

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #172
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

Qwik voted for blade; the usual response would be for blade to vote for qwik. That's the only odd vote I see so far.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 12:24 PM   #173
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola

Qwik voted for blade; the usual response would be for blade to vote for qwik. That's the only odd vote I see so far.

Not really...I think if anything, to not a strong vote at the start would be good, because it gathers more clues as to who is not a wolf.

What if Tyrith has a special ability to help us?

I think multiple suspects is fine, but no one today is going to truly warrant death.

Odds are we're going to off three or four of our brothers before we get the right scent.

That is why the first round of voting is brutal.

I doubt the henchmen or the mage can covert, but maybe there is that option to stop being a wolf.

I would assume one of us may be a mage killer wolf since the rules state that there is a head wolf.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #174
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

My vote of blade is baseless, just that he was hyper-aggressive which is wolfish or paranoid, or simply a henchman for blood...but I'm not sold who he is yet.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #175
st.cronin
General Manager

/nods in agreement

I was just pointing out that it was odd, not that it was bad or wolf-like or indicative of anything.

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #176
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I hate using info from previous games but on day one you don't have much to go by. Last game McKerney came out all guns blazing, this time he is really quiet.

VOTE MCKERNEY

Haven't really been online, so for that reason yes I have been quiet, and I have to be at work soon so I'll be quiet most the day. If you feel like lynching me and finding I'm villager (or in this game wolf I suppose, but I'm an innocent anyway), and then heading to a loss again, go for it.

Vote Blade
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:39 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
Haven't really been online, so for that reason yes I have been quiet, and I have to be at work soon so I'll be quiet most the day. If you feel like lynching me and finding I'm villager (or in this game wolf I suppose, but I'm an innocent anyway), and then heading to a loss again, go for it.

Vote Blade
i was waiting for someone to do this...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #178
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, my gut on how the wizard works: he can't be killed until his followers are killed. I believe that mechanic was in an earlier (outlaw?) game run by Peregrine where there were creatures and one wizard became bulletproof sometime around Day 3 ... going back aways here but perhaps this will jog some memories? I'm sure BrianD remembers this

Assuming the wizard is in the game early, I would love to identify him as soon as possible. Even if we can't kill him we would still be able to significantly reduce their ability to move the pack in terms of votes/influence.

I'm guessing wizard + 1-2 henchmen to start, depending on conversions. The fact that there are "worse fates than death" makes me think that conversion is a strong possibility. Hopefully not multiple conversions ...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, given that the post you are referencing by mckerney is not edited, do you think it represents some kind of Freudian slip? If that isn't what you are driving towards, then I'm not sure why you bolded the part about "villager".

I'm looking for a good reason to vote for someone that isn't 100% guesswork at this point.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #180
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, given that the post you are referencing by mckerney is not edited, do you think it represents some kind of Freudian slip? If that isn't what you are driving towards, then I'm not sure why you bolded the part about "villager".

I'm looking for a good reason to vote for someone that isn't 100% guesswork at this point.
that is exactlly what I am getting at, I know it isn't much but he was really quiet, then as soon as he got a vote he shows up and makes a possible slip up.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, there was no death last night. No screams, nothing that appeared out of the ordinary. So, what kinds of actions make sense for Night 0?

Seer scan?
Conversion?
Lovers role searching for each other?
Some kind of "plant evidence"?

Unlikely:
Night kill
Bodyguard/Doctor
Witness
Assassin
Old 05-30-2006, 12:58 PM   #182
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
that is exactlly what I am getting at, I know it isn't much but he was really quiet, then as soon as he got a vote he shows up and makes a possible slip up.

I suppose if you were to ignore the whole, "or in this game wolf I suppose, but I'm an innocent anyway" you failed to bold, or the fact I'm referencing last game where I was a villager (or patient, I'm sorry), and the fact that I had to vote now being I have to leave for work will be there without internet access untile 10 EST. Yeah, I guess if you ignore all that it's a huge slip up on my part.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #183
saldana
Pro Starter

i've never been a big fan of counting the way people reference the teams against them....until recently games were wolves v. villagers almost all the time, and even when its not, everyone at some point refers to the bad guys as wolves and the good guys as villagers (even though that is switched in this game)...i think it was just a turn of phrase by mckerney
Old 05-30-2006, 01:14 PM   #184
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, my gut on how the wizard works: he can't be killed until his followers are killed. I believe that mechanic was in an earlier (outlaw?) game run by Peregrine where there were creatures and one wizard became bulletproof sometime around Day 3 ... going back aways here but perhaps this will jog some memories? I'm sure BrianD remembers this

So you think, what? He's used his Magic, channeled some mind control, taken over a few wolves and if we kill all of them, we kill him too because his essence is now in these wolves? Something like that?

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #185
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Will you guys mind if I keep calling the Wizard's whatever - henchmen? minions? mind controlled wolves? shapeshifters? doppelgangers? - things like I did in last game?

-Anxiety

Old 05-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #186
Blade6119
Coordinator

As my last post for today i believe, i will merely state that as of now the wolves are making a mistake today.
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 01:23 PM   #187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
As my last post for today i believe, i will merely state that as of now the wolves are making a mistake today.
why do you say that?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:24 PM   #188
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

That's incredibly helpful.

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote Blade

knives out
Old 05-30-2006, 01:26 PM   #189
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, I'm guessing that the wizard is an active role and that if we try to lynch him (or whatever our equivalent is) that he will have a magical way of escaping. However, at some later stage in the game we will be enabled to off him.

Knowing Fozzie, it will be an enjoyable piece of story-telling along the way.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:42 PM   #190
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Not really...I think if anything, to not a strong vote at the start would be good, because it gathers more clues as to who is not a wolf.

What if Tyrith has a special ability to help us?

I think multiple suspects is fine, but no one today is going to truly warrant death.

Odds are we're going to off three or four of our brothers before we get the right scent.

That is why the first round of voting is brutal.

I doubt the henchmen or the mage can covert, but maybe there is that option to stop being a wolf.

I would assume one of us may be a mage killer wolf since the rules state that there is a head wolf.

I think we get too worked up about this on day ones. Yes, there is a chance that we lynch a special (although if you're a good special and you're on the block and don't at least hint as special then you probably weren't going to be of much use anyway). But there's also a chance we lynch a wolf.

Very very rare in my experience to see anyone screw up and reveal themselves as bad on day 1, which is why I've come to believe that picking someone and pressuring them a little with a couple of votes is a perfectly valid way to play the first day.

If Tyrith comes on and can give me some reasons for initial trust, I'm more than happy to switch. It's the late bandwagons on day 1 that I find most interesting......
Old 05-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #191
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Assuming the wizard is in the game early, I would love to identify him as soon as possible. Even if we can't kill him we would still be able to significantly reduce their ability to move the pack in terms of votes/influence.

I'm guessing wizard + 1-2 henchmen to start, depending on conversions. The fact that there are "worse fates than death" makes me think that conversion is a strong possibility. Hopefully not multiple conversions ...

Interesting idea about the possibility of having to kill the henchmen first. Hoops, in the earlier game, what would happen if the wizard was targeted before that point?
Old 05-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #192
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Blade, I understand (I think) what you're trying to do, but that doesn't mean that some explanation isn't required......you need to hit that middle ground, buddy....
Old 05-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #193
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, there was no death last night. No screams, nothing that appeared out of the ordinary. So, what kinds of actions make sense for Night 0?

Seer scan?
Conversion?
Lovers role searching for each other?
Some kind of "plant evidence"?

Unlikely:
Night kill
Bodyguard/Doctor
Witness
Assassin

Considering that orders were required, I would think the seer and/or sorceror scan is most likely. Conversion, lovers and "evidence planning" are all possible of course, but we can't put too much stock in that until we learn a bit more.

BTW, I agree with you that the wizard is likely an active role.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #194
path12
Coordinator

Just wanted to see if I could hit that rare and elusive quintuple dola....
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #195
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Blade, I understand (I think) what you're trying to do, but that doesn't mean that some explanation isn't required......you need to hit that middle ground, buddy....

i would have to agree with this...if you notice blade, no matter how out of bounds i think you have been at any point in any game, i very rarely vote for you because you are so valuable as a teammate. but, if all you are going to do is make vauge statements insinuating you know something the rest of us dont, and then not elaborate on those statements, your value drops considerably. please give me a reason not to vote for you.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #196
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, I'll go back and review that game tonight. I didn't bring it up to suggest that SirFoz copied it verbatim, but just as an example of how a "super bad guy" might play out. Fozzie has made it pretty clear that the mad wizard is very tough to kill and that he can flee. So there are going to have to be some ways to enable those actions that likely are not available at the end of Day 1.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #197
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is the link to that game:
http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...light=werewolf

My first game, joined in mid-game. Not exactly my one shining werewolf moment ...
Old 05-30-2006, 03:06 PM   #198
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, are you planning to stick to the quiet game today? If you have any strong vibes based on today's actions I would love to hear them.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #199
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
i would have to agree with this...if you notice blade, no matter how out of bounds i think you have been at any point in any game, i very rarely vote for you because you are so valuable as a teammate. but, if all you are going to do is make vauge statements insinuating you know something the rest of us dont, and then not elaborate on those statements, your value drops considerably. please give me a reason not to vote for you.
What more can i say other then im not a wizard? Its day one, voting ardent was a random vote for my good friend...im the vote leader, and not a wizard. Its a mistake to kill me. I have a trust list and a distrust list like everyone else, and so far i fairly trust 2 other players with votes already based solely on comments they have made.

Im playing the exact same role i see others play every game much to my dismay. I have already spoken far more then most of them do...I am aiming to cause as little controversy as possible, and make just as little in enemies. Therefore, i will not accuse anyone or switch my vote off ardent. All i will say is remember hoops' play 2 games ago. Most times, the best villagers are the bad guys(which, contrary to lathums cries(the same cries that got me my first two votes ) againt mckerney are not the bad guys...were fighting the wizards, villagers are not involved).

Quote:
That's incredibly helpful.

Unvote Tanglewood

Vote Blade
What, pray tell, is more helpful then warning you that the actions you are taking will result in the death of a good wolf? Want me to finger a wizard, becuase i can't. Its day 1, and all i know is that killing me will result in nothing but a dead wolf(for once, not a good thing)
Demotivation
Old 05-30-2006, 03:11 PM   #200
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is how I show the voting right now:
Tyrith - Barkeep (158), Path (160)
Blade - Qwik (161), mckerney (176), cronin (188)
Ardent - Blade (162)
Dubb - Saldana (167)
mckerney - Lathum (168)