24 hour day cycle/12 hour night cycle 2 15.38%
Approximately 12 hour day/12 hour night cycle 5 38.46%
No preference 1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Length of Cycles

I am up next for hosting a game. One of the mechanics of the game will mean that it won't be known until the end of the day who is the bodyguard, seer, etc. This makes a strict 24 hour cycle harder, though not impossible, to implement. I would like to just try get everyones opinion about how cycles should work. Note that you can vote for more than one option in the poll.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-23-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Why not do a 20 and 4. split it like that? Im gonna run a game and Ill do, 23 and 1. to give the baddies time to figure out what they want to do depending on the lynch....

I must say i havent figured out the true 24 hour cylce, then again I havent had to

[X]- send rolls!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I thought about something like 23 1 or 20 4, but I'm not sure how many people that would help in terms of getting their day and night actions in. But please feel free to write in that preference.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
st.cronin
General Manager

I voted for single 24 cycle, but 24/24 would work as well.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm fond of the rolling day with a single deadline at night to wrap up each day. The fairytale land game was fascinating to watch as people did some actions early and held onto actions for later in the day after other things happened.

Its not an easy system to implement though, you have to have the time to pour into it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #6
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm fond of the rolling day with a single deadline at night to wrap up each day. The fairytale land game was fascinating to watch as people did some actions early and held onto actions for later in the day after other things happened.

Its not an easy system to implement though, you have to have the time to pour into it.
I've hosted three games that were intensive like that (the two spawn games and survivor to a lesser extent). I simply can't do that during the school year. I do agree, however, that it makes for some great stuff.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
hoopsguy
General Manager

In general, I'm not a fan of games where the day+night is greater than 24 hours. If anything, I would favor a faster game rather than slowing it with a 24/24 or a 24/12 setup.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In general, I'm not a fan of games where the day+night is greater than 24 hours. If anything, I would favor a faster game rather than slowing it with a 24/24 or a 24/12 setup.

I'm the opposite. I'd love for somebody to run a 24/24 game. The 24/12 setup is a bit confusing to me, as the one time I played that I couldn't keep track of when the deadline was. And the 12/12 I find way too demanding as a GM, and almost too demanding as a player.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #9
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I vote other

in the last two games I've played that are the 24 hour cycle type games there is a strong disadvantage for the wolves to have to put in a night action prior to the day actually ending. If there is a big vote move at deadline it could really screw up a night action.

there needs to be a 30 min to 1 hour window for night actions IMO to keep this from happening.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote