Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #101
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Miss pitch on the option, the ball is recovered by Marist on their one.

Homer: Who-hoo! Four day weekend!!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #102
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

3rd and long long at the 1. Marshall runs it out of the endzone and gets to the 13. Fourth and 7 or so.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #103
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Time out, Marist. No one knows how much time is left.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:20 PM   #104
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

1:41 left they are now saying.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #105
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Incomplete pass on 4th, should be ball-game.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:21 PM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

TUCKER TIGERS, BITCHES!

Woohoo!

Finally.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:22 PM   #107
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

see, reverse jinx works every time
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:24 PM   #108
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Tucker, just for fun, gets another penalty.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #109
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

And that's the ballgame. Tigers win 27-24.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #110
digamma
Torchbearer

Nice. Big win.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:30 PM   #111
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the running ticker HJS, good win for the Tigers, albeit one they seemed determined to make a little too interesting.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #112
tucker342
Pro Starter

Good win by Tucker, they played very sloppy football though
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:46 PM   #113
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Anyone else think HJS is just padding his post count? D'oh!

That was my first thought when I viewed this thread.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:09 PM   #114
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks HJS, I enjoyed your updates
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:06 AM   #115
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Comments...

1. We are very young, especially on defense, hence the penalties/lack of discipline. We played a bunch of sophomores. Jarvis Reed, the fullback who came in when Asher went down, is only soph. Also, after Asher left, both CB's and two LB's were sophs. (Last year's Tucker freshman team went 6-0 and Marist was the only team to score on them.)

2. Asher most likely has a third-degree separation, and probably won't require surgery. Tucker has a top-of-the-line team doctor in Jon Hyman.
Jon specializes in shoulders and knees. His initial on-field evaluation is that he'll be out four to six weeks. Considering that Tucker only has one other game remaining that might be close, I'd imagine Asher will be shelved until the playoffs. Before he went down, it was very clear that he was the best player on the field.

3. Dwayne Harris had his best game of the year on his 18th birthday. Happy b-day, Dwayne!!!

4. Chad Sims finally had the game everyone thought him capable of having. He has oodles of talent, but hadn't really put it together before tonight. If he can have a few more games like this one, he'll be playing on Saturdays.

5. Thomas Brown was on the sidelines, even though UGA plays tomorrow. He usually comes on off weeks, with another UGA player (often his roomie, Keelin Johnson). With a game tomorrow, guys who are playing can't leave town on Friday night. He was accompanied by none other than the venerable Reverend Doctor Thomas Brown, Senior. Father and son confirmed that TB will not play at all tomorrow against Louisiana Somethingoranother, and seeing Asher re-injure himself seemed to make Thomas feel quite a bit better about that decision.

6. I'm NOT looking forward to facing Preston Lyons again next season (the fullback). That boy is a beast.

7. All in all, a win over Marist is always something to celebrate. Playing the War Eagles every year makes us better and helps us grow up.

Go you hairy Tigers!
Old 09-17-2005, 05:24 AM   #116
Ben E Lou

Oh yeah, and the cat is out of the bag...

8. Joe Rioux can throw the ball again!!! As HJS mentioned, Joe (last name pronounced like "Rio") destroyed his elbow and had to have multiple surgeries. (Three, if I recall.) He missed too much time to be seriously considered a candidate for starting QB. However, they've practice that play that got the 2-point conversion a good bit, and the throw has been on the money every time. Of course, the coaches were quite content for people to know Joe's story and think that all he could do was hold the ball, and that he wouldn't even run with it for fear of getting hit. Pscyhe.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:51 AM   #117
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I was at my in-laws last night, but was able to catch the second half of the game after we had dinner. I didn't get to see Allen play, but that Reed kid is a serious player. Right after he scored on that 25 yard run, he made the tackle on the kickoff...gotta like that...some kids might take a play off to pat themselves on the back, but not him. Harris wasn't throwing the ball around in the second half like he did in the first half, but you could just tell by watching him that he's got what it takes to play QB in D-I. Who's recruiting him?
Besides those two, I was most impressed wth Lyons...my father in law took the words out of my mouth when he said "That guy's a beast". Can't say I was all that impressed with Myke Compton, though....he didn't run well when I watched, and on the Lyons 75 yard TD, he seemed a bit lazy in the secondary....he was literally walking to the other side of the play because he got sucked in by the QB fakes after the handoff. Marist had a guard go down field to block him, but the kid didn't have to do anything since Compton took himself out of the play.
Oh...and what's up with that 5'2" lineman? When he was standing beside the other lineman (don't remember his name, but he was the D-I recruit who got hurt in the second half) they looked like father and son.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #118
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

dola - In the local game, McEachern lost to South Cobb. I think I had heard that until last night, McEachern had won 17 straight in the series....as a result I think they're considering disbanding the program due to the loss.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #119
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
I was at my in-laws last night, but was able to catch the second half of the game after we had dinner. I didn't get to see Allen play, but that Reed kid is a serious player. Right after he scored on that 25 yard run, he made the tackle on the kickoff...gotta like that...some kids might take a play off to pat themselves on the back, but not him.
Yeah, Jarvis "Bubba" Reed is probably the next D-1 back in line at the T-U-C. He's a sophomore, as mentioned earlier. No one calls him Jarvis, or even Reed. Just Bubba, thank you very much.

Quote:
Harris wasn't throwing the ball around in the second half like he did in the first half, but you could just tell by watching him that he's got what it takes to play QB in D-I. Who's recruiting him?
Offers from UNC, Maryland and Boston College among others. Expect him to get more by the end of the year.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=37901&Sport=1

Quote:
Besides those two, I was most impressed wth Lyons...my father in law took the words out of my mouth when he said "That guy's a beast".
He's realer than Real Deal Holyfield. I'm not looking forward to facing him as a Senior.

Quote:
Can't say I was all that impressed with Myke Compton, though....he didn't run well when I watched, and on the Lyons 75 yard TD, he seemed a bit lazy in the secondary....he was literally walking to the other side of the play because he got sucked in by the QB fakes after the handoff. Marist had a guard go down field to block him, but the kid didn't have to do anything since Compton took himself out of the play.
Trust me. Compton is a player. With Asher going out, he carried a heavy, heavy load last night on both sides of the ball. He didn't get many breaks as the game went on, and was near exhaustion at the end
Quote:
Oh...and what's up with that 5'2" lineman? When he was standing beside the other lineman (don't remember his name, but he was the D-I recruit who got hurt in the second half) they looked like father and son.
From the dynasty thread...
OG/MG Anthony Cloud (Sr.)--Tucker seems to always start a lineman or two who are 5'7" or shorter, but who are strong and solidly built, and Anthony is cut from that mold. Anthony is a real spark-plug: a VERY vocal player who can always be counted on to help fire up the rest of the team. He might have a shot at a small-college scholly.

Give Anthony a break. I mean, he is at LEAST 5'5"!!! Actually, he's quick, strong, and one of our more formidable offensive linemen. His lack of height gives him great leverage. He also plays some MG/NT on defense. He's can be quite difficult to block.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-17-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 PM   #120
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Offers from UNC, Maryland and Boston College among others. Expect him to get more by the end of the year.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=37901&Sport=1
Update....

QB Names a New Top 5

Dwayne Harris Profile

Dwayne Harris is one of the best signal callers still available in the state of Georgia for the class of 2006. He’s picked quite a few nice offers and he names a new top 5.

“I like Boston College, North Carolina, Memphis, Central Michigan and Southern Miss. I don’t have a favorite. I’m pretty open,” Dwayne Harris said.

What stands out about each of those programs?

Boston College: “I like the coaching staff. They call me every week and keep in touch with me often. They’ve got a nice program they’re trying to build up there.”

North Carolina: “It’s a nice school and nice atmosphere. They have an upcoming program and a nice coaching staff.”

Memphis: “They’re doing good. They are trying to come up as well and they are getting some great players in.”

Central Michigan: “They have a good staff and I like that they spread the ball around. They have a pretty good team also.”

Southern Miss: “They just started recruiting me and they offered last week. Talking to the coach it seems like they have a nice staff. Watching them on TV they seem to be a great team coming up.”

Harris still has yet to set a visit.

“I haven’t set any visits yet. I’ll probably start during the end of the season.”

Harris has been getting it done on the ground and through the air this season.

“Were undefeated at 8-0 but we have a tough game coming up against North Forsyth. Right now I have 12 rushing touchdowns and 308yds rushing. I have 855yds passing with 9 touchdowns also.”

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-19-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #121
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

If he wants to be a good QB, it is seriously advised to stay the heck away from UNC. I don't say this just as a rival fan. UNC, no matter who the coach is, no matter who the QB is, always manages to butcher things. Most prominent recent example is Ronald Curry, but there are a ton of others who were highly touted and ended up doing squat at UNC.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #122
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Marist lacks the star power of the past two teams that included Anderson Russell (signed with Ohio State), Chris Davis (Duke) and Sean McVay (Miami-Ohio).
Lolz. I hadn't been following his career. That bastige.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:37 PM   #123
Ben E Lou

Bump. Thomas Brown gets his first NFL coaching gig, hired by Sean McVay. Too funny.