Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #451
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
Tri-dola, cuz .. well, I need cheese.

Heh. I got that as well. It actually dropped in Whimsyshire.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #452
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hit me up if you want to group for butcher runs (Dolicoja). Also, how is the hell whimsy ? I have the staff, but just normal - is it worth the gold to upgrade (I think it's 200k for nightmare, and another 500k for hell)

It's ok if you have the spare gold.

It's essentially Hell Act 4.5 in terms of difficulty. The drops are a bit worse than Act 1 inferno (items dropping will be only up to lvl 59, i believe).

I do run through it with high GF and alternate between Inferno Butcher runs to beat the monotony
Old 06-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #453
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
For lack of not having one of these on the thread anywhere...

FOFC BATTLETAGS:
Arles - GreyDog#1291
Big Fo - PhilG#1727
bulletsponge - bowazon#1584
chinaski - chinaski#1534
Chubby - Chubby#1243
CleBrownsFan - CleBrownsFan#1387
DataKing - DataKing#1685
DougW - Dolicoja#1182
Eaglesfan27 - Eaglesfan27#1251
gstelmack - GRCurmudgeon#1451
Grover - ShadowMuppet#1565
HarryLime - RIGAMORTIS#6849
hoopsguy - HOOPSGUY#1154
Icy - icekill#2194
jeff061 - jeff061#1137
Lonnie - Zapartan#4168
mauboy1 - mauchow1982#1952
mckerney - RockinRanger#1570
Neon_Chaos - NeonChaos#6746
Peregrine - Peregrine#1345
Radii - Rhiow#1737
Ragone - Kethry#1580
Saldana - Saldana27#1721
Scoobz0202 - CancerStik#1845
Shkspr - Shkspr#1346
spleen1015 - spleen1015#1223
Vince Part II - Bodkin#1331

If I missed you, let me know. I'll keep this list updated.

MizzouRah#1652
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #454
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow, this game runs great on a 5 year old pc with a SSD HD and a NVIDIA 8600 GTS video card, everything maxed out, I can run at 1600x1024 widescreen.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-08-2012 at 08:49 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #455
DougW
High School Varsity

Losing interest here. But, no hard feelings, I got a good chunk of time in.

Problems :
The grind. After A1 Inferno, I get owned. And, I'm not feeling spending countless hours to gather up enough gold to buy gear that will be good enough to not die so fast. L2P, I know. W/e - I'm not pro.

The nerfs. I was at least having a good time, building a stable of alts. I wanted to Powerlevel each class to 25, so I could goof around and see the class differences and whatnot. I had 2 rockin methods that took an hour(or 2)-ish to get to 25. They, nerfed it. Why is this a big deal to me ? I have no interest in playing the different classes all the way through normal. At level 25, you have a decent amount of abilities, and can enter Nightmare. So, I'd at least get a little taste of what the class was about, and go through nightmare. Pre-25 in Normal is just a complete bore.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #456
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Reign#1308

Was finally able to solo Belial on my mage with around 32k hp, 8k armor with force armor, around 300 resists, and 20k dps. No issues with the first 2 stages but the last one took some practice to avoid getting hit as much as possible.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #457
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm getting around this level with my Monk now, and he has been pretty much chewing up whatever has been in his path since having a hard time with Belial in Normal mode. I started moving more gear towards Vitality at that point because Belial was basically able to "one-shot" me, and have gone from about 1200 health at that time to somewhere in the 500 range now. I'll list out all the attacks/runes/passives a little later tonight, but I'm pretty surprised how easy Nightmare (Act I) has been relative to the Barbarian I had played earlier.

I'm up to 43 now, just killed Belial in Nightmare. He was a joke this time around, even though I found him to be the toughest fight my first time through.

After paying a little attention to Vitality, I'm up around 8k health. It's probably about time to upgrade the weapons again, but I still chew everything up pretty handily - I'm right around 1k DPS on the sheet.

Starting to find it a little tedious to be doing repetitive stuff, so I've gone and put some time into my sorc...I mean wizard. It's pretty boring right off the bat. I can't wait until I get some abilities that are useful.

Edit: Anyone who's been through the game a couple of times (or more) want to share tips for leveling? I went and got all the +EXP gear I could find on the AH, but it's not cheap.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 06-10-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #458
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm at Level 47 now, moving towards Azmodan. Vitality is around 15K at this point, and I upgraded my weapon pretty significantly last night.

Belial was a lot easier the 2nd time around. I died to him once due to a healing mis-click but it really should not have happened.

Also found my first Legendary item - was a two-handed Monk weapon but even with the one slot I couldn't find a way to make it do more damage than my one-handed weapon.

Still have yet to shop for anything at the AH, so I'm guessing that is making the going a little slower for me than many of the others posting here.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #459
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - Level 45 for Monk, getting the resists all equal to the latest, is a nice shot in the arm. I haven't taken full advantage of this yet, but I'm pretty sure if I did focus on this I would have 100+ for resists at this point instead of the 60-something I'm at now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #460
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
You're a Doc right ?

Possibly, more resistance ? Not sure where you are at, but I'm around 650+ all, with 40k health. Also have the Jungle -20% damage. My damage is only like 16k (21 with a harvest). So, that's where the sacrifice is.

I still can't compete in A2, but I'm not getting 1 shot anymore. Still though .. 2 minutes of kiting, and then 3-4 shot, I lose sucks. I can kill a few things though, if I play "just right".

Damn that's a ton of resist and hp. Im sitting at 25k dps (without SH) and 25k hp. resists are around 230. Jungle fort doesnt even help, I get one shot from *everything* in A2. Ill have to look at upping my resists, because avoiding melee hits is easy, its the ranged that always gets me off guard.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #461
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Dola - Level 45 for Monk, getting the resists all equal to the latest, is a nice shot in the arm. I haven't taken full advantage of this yet, but I'm pretty sure if I did focus on this I would have 100+ for resists at this point instead of the 60-something I'm at now.

Resists will come really easy when you hit level 60, before then it wasn't something I focused on at all, or found on a lot of items(though the first ~250 resists you pick up help the most before the diminishing returns get noticeable so if you luck into something with resist all + whatever resist you want to focus on that's awesome).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #462
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Was finally able to solo Belial on my mage with around 32k hp, 8k armor with force armor, around 300 resists, and 20k dps. No issues with the first 2 stages but the last one took some practice to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

Nice! I killed Belial for the first time last night on monk. 598 resists, 33k HP, ~7k armor (spiking to 10k frequently with Deadly Reach +armor rune) and 12,750 dmg.

I've been playing the AH a lot lately and am up to 4 million gold, but I appear to be a really long way from being able to do anything in act 3. I'm hesitant to spend anything, if the new patch comes out this week I expect a lot of good items hitting the AH quickly.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #463
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So I went to log in a few minutes ago to play a few minutes before bed. First chance to play in a couple days, and bam, error 37. I start looking at the blizzard forums, seems like all kinds of hell has broken loose. Apparently rampant item duping via some kind of crafting exploit has led to shutdown of a bunch of Korean servers?? I don't know it's hard to make sense of people on those forums.

Bottom line: I fucking hate that I can't play a single player game for a few minutes tonight because I'm forced to be online. I could not care less about the auction house, I just want to wander around clicking on stuff for awhile.

Boo, Blizzard. Go run for mayor somewhere else. Boo.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #464
mckerney
Coordinator

I've been having lag that makes the game unplayable for the past two weeks. Last time I played after starting I was killed before I was even able to click on anything.

Boy I'll be hardcore mode is fun.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #465
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Hoops, i'm trying to add you, but it seems that your Id doesnt exist.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #466
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
So I went to log in a few minutes ago to play a few minutes before bed. First chance to play in a couple days, and bam, error 37. I start looking at the blizzard forums, seems like all kinds of hell has broken loose. Apparently rampant item duping via some kind of crafting exploit has led to shutdown of a bunch of Korean servers?? I don't know it's hard to make sense of people on those forums.

Bottom line: I fucking hate that I can't play a single player game for a few minutes tonight because I'm forced to be online. I could not care less about the auction house, I just want to wander around clicking on stuff for awhile.

Boo, Blizzard. Go run for mayor somewhere else. Boo.

Yeah, there was a pretty big spike tonight, lasted about an hour. The forums were full of rumors, the crafting exploit being one of them. I also heard earthquake, and others haha.

I feel bad for the hardcore guys that may have lost a toon because of it
Old 06-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #467
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
I feel bad for the hardcore guys that may have lost a toon because of it

I'm still really early in the game, but I've only died once so far and it was a lag-death. I created a Hardcore Witch Doctor this week that I fully expect will die the same way at some point.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #468
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm having next to no trouble with Nightmare anymore. I don't know if it's because I swapped to a more Vitality friendly set of gear or what, but the only time I even come close to dying these days is when I stand in something I shouldn't (plagued/arcane/desecrator/molten mobs, basically). I'm sure he'll will clean me right up (I'm about 60% done with Act III), but Nightmare is much less of a challenge than I anticipated.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #469
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I blew through Nightmare pretty easily. I'm in Act 4 Hell now, only have issues with elites.

Learned early on if I'm ever having problems it's only because I'm due for an equipment upgrade. Haven't had to spend big yet to remedy it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #470
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I blew through Nightmare pretty easily. I'm in Act 4 Hell now, only have issues with elites.

Learned early on if I'm ever having problems it's only because I'm due for an equipment upgrade. Haven't had to spend big yet to remedy it.

Probably are already doing it, but - remember to sell the piece you're replacing . You should be able to sell the piece for what you originally paid for it, thus never really spending any. I see it as kind of security deposit, that I get back after I'm done using it
Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #471
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Just knocked off Diablo on hell on my first try. Didn't even upgrade any equipment for him. That was a nice surprise.

Inferno here I am.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #472
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Anyone feel like they shadow nerfed Inferno Act 1 ahead of time? Kinda feels that way.

Anyway, welcome to Inferno, Jeff. Prepare to grind.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #473
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Nah they said they weren't going to nerf Act 1.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #474
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So how does real money AH work? Only looked at it very quickly. If I sell something for $$$, I can't cash out? I have to use it for Blizzard goods?

Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #475
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
So how does real money AH work? Only looked at it very quickly. If I sell something for $$$, I can't cash out? I have to use it for Blizzard goods?

You cash out via a paypal account.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #476
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If you take payment to your Blizzard account you can't cash that out. You have to set it to pay to the paypal account when you create the auction.

Battle.net Balance FAQ - Battle.net Support
Old 06-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #477
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, good. Didn't see that in my quick perusal.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #478
Radii
Head Coach

there's an extra 15% fee for "transferring money to a 3rd party" or something, so a 30% hit to get actual cash as opposed to the normal 15% if you want to put it back into the game.

EDIT: So its a $1 transaction fee on items, 15% on commodities. On either one if you want the money to go to paypal its an extra 15%.

Last edited by Radii : 06-12-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #479
Radii
Head Coach

Well then, I bought a bunch of stuff on the regular AH that I feel like I can turn for a profit... but I hit my max auctions, so I threw some pants that I paid 30,000 gold for up on the real money AH for $4.75 and they sold in like 10 minutes. After the $1 + 15% fees $3.19 to my paypal account, har!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #480
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That's crazy, make that money now. I don't see people paying that much for long.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #481
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Just sold $70 worth of stuff and technically made back what i paid for in the game.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #482
Butch2522
n00b

anyone have a guest pass code i cause use to try out the game? Just build my pc tonight and have it up and running and want to try it out. i guess just message me. thanks
Butch2522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #483
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Too bad the market seems to have bottomed out after the initial mad rush. My crap items aren't selling anymore.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #484
Radii
Head Coach

Diablo3 Effective Health Pool Calculator

nifty tool at least for melee's, plug in your base stats and the abilities you use that impact any defensive stats and it'll tell you your effective HP with armor/dodge/resists factored in, and will also tell you which stats will increase your effective HP the most.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #485
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

1.0.3 Coming Up Tomorrow.

Scheduled Maintenance - Tuesday, June 19 - Forums - Diablo III

Just in time. I was able to upgrade my gear to finally do ACT 2 comfortably. Certain elites still give me problems, but not like before. I teamed with a friend on his Demon Hunter to take down Belial.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-18-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:12 PM   #486
Radii
Head Coach

Ah man, I have like 3 million gold in auctions up for items that i bet aren't worth nearly as much within a few hours of the server coming up.

At the same time, I'm looking forward to clearing act 3 tomorrow :P

Last edited by Radii : 06-18-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #487
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh, if anyone's interested.

NoLife Kripparian is attempting a world first hardcore inferno diablo kill before 1.0.3 in 8 hours.

Currently at Act IV, just finished Rakanoth.

nl_Kripp
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #488
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ha, wonder how committed he is. Wouldn't be surprised for him to call it quits before he gets to Diablo, unless he really is ready to lose that character.

I bet he's easily good enough to plow through Diablo or other bosses, but it's the trash that's unpredictable.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #489
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ha, wonder how committed he is. Wouldn't be surprised for him to call it quits before he gets to Diablo, unless he really is ready to lose that character.

I bet he's easily good enough to plow through Diablo or other bosses, but it's the trash that's unpredictable.

He's been building up to this the past couple of weeks.

I've seen him lose two characters already, one in Act III to elites, and one due to lag.

He's got a back-up character just in case he dies, but not as well-geared as his current barb.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-18-2012 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #490
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Kripp and Krippy just brought down hardcore inferno Izual.

1 more zone before Diablo and 4.5 hours to go until the 1.0.3 nerf

EDIT:

He is at Diablo waypoint.

Spending the next 3 hours or so training on Softcore.

EDIT:

Diablo DOWN. World First Hardcore Inferno kill. Wow.

EDIT:

Bashiok D3 community manager now saying that that was not the World First Kill. But, they killed Diablo Inferno Hardcore still. It was impressive watching live.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 06-19-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #491
saldana
Pro Starter

holy crap, that is amazing.

what are they nerfing in 1.0.3?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #492
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
holy crap, that is amazing.

what are they nerfing in 1.0.3?

Patch 1.0.3 Design Preview - Diablo III
Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #493
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Official Patch Notes:

Patch 1.0.3 Official Patch Notes - News - Diablo Discussion and Community Forums - DiabloFans.com
Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #494
Grover
Pro Starter

Looks like they're nerfing farming while trying to make it seem like you're getting more.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #495
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think they are trying to avoid a certain kind of farming - like endlesly going from a checkpoint to a certain chest with maximum gold/magic find. So get rid of that but increase the loot for killing elites. Also interesting that they kept the attack speed on quivers intact.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-19-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:30 AM   #496
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I would like clarification on these two lines - are they referring to the same items? Or are there certain items only the first refers to, and not the second.

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #497
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I would like clarification on these two lines - are they referring to the same items? Or are there certain items only the first refers to, and not the second.

Magic Find will no longer be considered when looting objects in the environment such as chests, barrels, vases, pots, and corpses

Destructible objects no longer have a chance to drop items, and will only have a small chance to drop gold when destroyed

I have never played D3, but I have played D2. A chest would not be considered a destructible object.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #498
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

Basically, Magic Find will only come into play on monster kills. Also, shooting up a bunch of barrels and vases will only ever give you gold - at a much rarer rate.

It certainly changes my style - which has been to load up on gold value % and magic find gear to get as much money from questing as possible. Then, go to the auction house and hunt for bargains. Overall, I don't think it's a bad thing as you kind of felt obligated to shoot up every barrel or pot you ran across as there was a chance your magic find could kick out a yellow item. Now, there's no real reason to take all those detours.

After this patch, I will probably go back to getting the best gear I can find for damage/survival (with some magic find - but no more gold %) and just focus on monsters and chests. It will probably make playing the game more fun and certainly help my kiting strategy as I progress from Nightmare into Inferno. Given what I've read about Inferno, I think I would need to update this strategy at that point anyway.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #499
chinaski
College Prospect

I cant afford to play Inferno anymore.... 40k repair bills? Weak.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #500
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
I cant afford to play Inferno anymore.... 40k repair bills? Weak.

LOL, this true?