Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #51
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think weekend play has pretty much gone by the wayside. I can't remember the last game where we had a weekend deadline

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #52
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm warning everyone now, I have 2 midterms next week so I may be quieter then usual.

Then again, I may need to blow off steam so I may be a total lunatic.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #53
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so... normal lathum?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll go ahead and play.

I'll say right now before roles go out that I'm going to try again to change my playing style and be far more reserved and less out in front in hopes to alienate less people. So if someone wants to lynch me for being quiet, so be it.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #55
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

alan... you never alienate people.....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #56
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Alan who?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #57
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't know where the AlanT alienates people thing comes from. I've never had a problem with him or seen anyone else get overly annoyed to the point that it hurts their enjoyment of the game.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #58
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan is one of my favorite people to play these games with, but there have definitely been a couple of showdowns where both Alan and/or the other party have been pretty frustrated with each other by the end of the game.

I know that I've had two games (Chubby's Resident Evil and Barkeep's Spawn 3) with Alan where I was very much muttering under my breath about him for days because we had major differences of opinions on how to win the game and were both pretty strident. And, in both cases, we were on the same side so it was not something that was villager vs wolf that inevitably causes friction.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do understand where the thought process comes from, but I would be happy playing WW with Alan every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #59
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Alan is one of my favorite people to play these games with, but there have definitely been a couple of showdowns where both Alan and/or the other party have been pretty frustrated with each other by the end of the game.

I know that I've had two games (Chubby's Resident Evil and Barkeep's Spawn 3) with Alan where I was very much muttering under my breath about him for days because we had major differences of opinions on how to win the game and were both pretty strident. And, in both cases, we were on the same side so it was not something that was villager vs wolf that inevitably causes friction.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do understand where the thought process comes from, but I would be happy playing WW with Alan every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I didn't play in either of those games.

I dunno, I certainly have had my share of blow ups and frustrating experiences with plenty of people but as soon as the game is over it is gone and I would gladly play another game with them again.

There have only been a rare few who wreck the games enjoyment. Blade was one and Render was headed that way but really turned it around.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:58 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't know where the AlanT alienates people thing comes from. I've never had a problem with him or seen anyone else get overly annoyed to the point that it hurts their enjoyment of the game.

Hawkeye, hoops's first Marvel game. Pissed me off something fierce. But that's it, and I've played with him bunches of times.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Heh...add one more to the list of "had experience with Alan showdown" when he and I went head to head rather ugly in hoops' last Marvel game, where I was the Silver Samurai and he was Mr. Sinister or Dr. somebody (I forget). Like hoops, I think I had a lot of muttering udner my breath, too, and that's coming from a guy who has a long history of playing in sim leagues with Alan.

Fact is, though, I know Alan well enough that something like that, while it might cause short term griping, I know it's not anyway about who he is or what kind of person he is (which is of tremendously high quality). A game's a game, he plays his role and advocates his position as he has a right to, and I do, too, and whatever we say in game, when it's over, it's all good. Alan, of course, is far from the only one who does this, and we see blowups like this between different players all the time. EF and Poli are still wrapping up a bitch fest in Pass's game. This is the nature of the beast when it comes to a game like WW, which is designed to be confrontational. Hell, I think Lathum wanted to kill me two games ago when I harped on the "bullying" thing.

In fact, it shows something I know well about Alan that he feels really bad about those confrontations. Outside of WW, he's basically one of friendliest, most nonconfrontational guys I know, and he really takes this stuff to heart, very much to his credit. He's got a good heart, and I think that's something more people need to keep in mind when they're playing with him, that whatever he says, he's doing it as part of the game and it's definitely nothing personal.

Alan's a very good WW player, for the new guys who don't know. I think the problem he runs into is that he is an opinion maker and conversation driver, because he puts a lot of thought into his posts and analysis, he has a job that allows him to post more often at times, and he confidently defends his stances to a fault. The only problem I have ever had with Alan play-wise is that I sometimes thinks he gets too welded to an idea, and will reject alternate theories if he believes strongly enough that that idea is the correct one. I do that, too, frankly, so he's no different there.

I personally think people who seriously gripe about Alan in WW games (if there is anyone, I think this is a little overblown) should get to know him better.

I love having him back playing and look forward to this game with him, even if we end up in a showdown.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #62
path12
Coordinator

I've been frustrated in games with Alan in the past, but it's not anything personal. Alan is one of the nicest guys around here. But when he gets on something that smells fishy to him he is a bulldog. It's only frustrating when you're the one he finds suspicious and you know he's wrong, or when you really are bad and you know he knows it!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:04 PM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, I didn't mean to make Anxiety's signup thread all about me. Several people lately (last few months) have been comparing me a bunch with Blade is all and I simply was saying that I was going to try a more laid back approach in hopes that people who stated before that they don't like playing with me wouldn't sit out of the game simply because I was playing similar to how people did with Blade.

Didn't mean to make a huge deal of it all. I'm looking forward to the game, Anxiety always has good ones.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah, you are no Blade. To be fair, I didn;t mind Blade that much though, I have rough skin and it takes a lot to set me off (although that happened last game without any AlanT around, so there you are . I think I've only been angry maybe three times in WW, so they all stick in my head, you know?

Hopefully no one will be angry in my game of love. And Coal. And Machine Guns.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #65
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'll go ahead and play.

I'll say right now before roles go out that I'm going to try again to change my playing style and be far more reserved and less out in front in hopes to alienate less people. So if someone wants to lynch me for being quiet, so be it.

I too, am planning on changing my playing style - Back to old school. Lot's of fucking swearing and anger and angst. I plan on being Schmidty circa early '05.

Watch out bitches.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #66
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I too, am planning on changing my playing style - Back to old school. Lot's of fucking swearing and anger and angst. I plan on being Schmidty circa early '05.

Watch out bitches.

Sweet!!! Now we need to get RendeR in the game and we've got a powder keg a brewin'

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #67
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Hopefully no one will be angry in my game of love. And Coal. And Machine Guns.

I got my peacemaker right here.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #68
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

everyone is changing styles! I wonder if I could come in and start conversating over and over again. .. that would sure surprise those that know my style.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #69
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The art of fighting without fighting.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #70
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
everyone is changing styles! I wonder if I could come in and start conversating over and over again. .. that would sure surprise those that know my style.

yes it would. Helen Keller would be more active then you.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:29 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

As a reminder, roles will go out on Monday afternoon/early evening and the first deadline is Tuesday.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #72
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll sneak in if there's still room.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #73
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

RendeR play too?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:23 PM   #74
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sweet!!! Now we need to get RendeR in the game and we've got a powder keg a brewin'

Fuck you.

I'm in
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:24 PM   #75
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Fuck you.

I'm in

Now that's what I'm talking about...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #76
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

Watch out bitches.

Oh how I miss thee. Something tells me I'll be in the headlights at some point, if for nothing else than old times sake.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #77
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This hasn't even started and it already has the potential to be a train wreck. I love it.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #78
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm going old school as well. I promise, if elected seer, that I will have every wolf I scan owe me a dinner by the end of the game.

Oh hai, hoops!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:49 AM   #79
hoopsguy
General Manager

Poli, I promise that I'm not a wolf this game. Don't even bother scanning me.

Seriously.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:09 AM   #80
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oh rats, there are no wolves in this game. I'll have to develop a new out of the box strategy that concludes with yet another new WW rule banning what I did.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #81
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If still possible, I'd like to play.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #82
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Assuming Alan and I are both alive on Sunday, then we will be playing together twice on Sunday (Alan and I have a weekly Europa Universalis game).
Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh...add one more to the list of "had experience with Alan showdown" when he and I went head to head rather ugly in hoops' last Marvel game, where I was the Silver Samurai and he was Mr. Sinister or Dr. somebody (I forget). Like hoops, I think I had a lot of muttering udner my breath, too, and that's coming from a guy who has a long history of playing in sim leagues with Alan.

Fact is, though, I know Alan well enough that something like that, while it might cause short term griping, I know it's not anyway about who he is or what kind of person he is (which is of tremendously high quality). A game's a game, he plays his role and advocates his position as he has a right to, and I do, too, and whatever we say in game, when it's over, it's all good. Alan, of course, is far from the only one who does this, and we see blowups like this between different players all the time. EF and Poli are still wrapping up a bitch fest in Pass's game. This is the nature of the beast when it comes to a game like WW, which is designed to be confrontational. Hell, I think Lathum wanted to kill me two games ago when I harped on the "bullying" thing.

In fact, it shows something I know well about Alan that he feels really bad about those confrontations. Outside of WW, he's basically one of friendliest, most nonconfrontational guys I know, and he really takes this stuff to heart, very much to his credit. He's got a good heart, and I think that's something more people need to keep in mind when they're playing with him, that whatever he says, he's doing it as part of the game and it's definitely nothing personal.

Alan's a very good WW player, for the new guys who don't know. I think the problem he runs into is that he is an opinion maker and conversation driver, because he puts a lot of thought into his posts and analysis, he has a job that allows him to post more often at times, and he confidently defends his stances to a fault. The only problem I have ever had with Alan play-wise is that I sometimes thinks he gets too welded to an idea, and will reject alternate theories if he believes strongly enough that that idea is the correct one. I do that, too, frankly, so he's no different there.

I personally think people who seriously gripe about Alan in WW games (if there is anyone, I think this is a little overblown) should get to know him better.

I love having him back playing and look forward to this game with him, even if we end up in a showdown.

Alan's playing?? YAYYYYY!!!!

I'm so happy!!!

I felt bad like it was somewhat of my doing in Cathedral 2 that caused the problems, when I never really meant for there to be problems - I was just a wolf trying to wriggle away from him.

WB Alan!!!

I'll be probably pretty quiet at least until Friday - I just walked into work this morning to find an RFP for $50m worth of business from Chevron on my desk that's due by 5pm Friday, so my attention likely won't be too much on analyzing stuff (unless I just tear through it).
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 AM   #84
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I know the game starts tonight, but its my birthday. Don't expect anything from me until I sober up tomarrow.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #85
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You mentioned something about 'no wolves' -- is that just because there's another name for them (sympathizers) or are the rules different for sympathizers compared to basic wolf rules (like they don't get to PM with each other or something)?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #86
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Happy birthday, dubb! You should PM SkyDog about changing your name to dubb94. Man, I never realized how old you are..kudos.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You mentioned something about 'no wolves' -- is that just because there's another name for them (sympathizers) or are the rules different for sympathizers compared to basic wolf rules (like they don't get to PM with each other or something)?

Some differences, some similarties, but I was talking more about flavor.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #88
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I know the game starts tonight, but its my birthday. Don't expect anything from me until I sober up tomarrow.

you better be careful with giving away information. Hoops got lynched once on his birthday.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #89
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
you better be careful with giving away information. Hoops got lynched once on his birthday.
Actually hoops got wolf killed on his birthday. And it was by me. And I have no regrets about it.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #90
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i think i was a wolf that game too....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #91
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well I can't let the game sit on 19 players. So presuming there is time, let's make the magic happen.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #92
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote heizne

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #93
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote heinze

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #94
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Actually hoops got wolf killed on his birthday. And it was by me. And I have no regrets about it.

Never regret killing Hoops, whether he's good or not.

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #95
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Funny clappadappadingdong.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am starting to work on roles now. I can still take another signup or two, but not for too much longer.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #97
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Woo hoo I made it!
Old 04-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

PMs will looks like this:

Alignment: Labor or Sympathizer
Skill: Listed (description below)
Race: White, Italian or Black
Role: Role or None
Bribe Price: $$
Items: Almost always none

Then below are descriptions for your skill, items, roles, sympathizer info, etc.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nightfall votes will nto be accepted for this game, and that has been added to the rules.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Woo hoo I made it!

You're awesome