Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A couple game idea

Based on the low participation last game I wanted to float these future ideas out to see how much interest there would be (they both require a decent amount of effort to run and it would not be worth if if the player participation level wasn't there).

1. The Amazing Race, werewolf edition. Multiple teams race virtually around the world. There would be challenges and such which would include anything from Google Earth/Maps to website crawls.

I am still trying to work out all of the mechanics and figure out if there is a good way to include a werewolf mechanic into this as well (or just avoid the WW mechanic all together like the recent Survivor game did).

2. TUF A werewolf version of The Ultimate Fighter. It would include two teams that will battle in challenges. There is a lot involved in this one and all participants will be somewhat involved right up until the end.

No WW mechanic would be involved but it would be team versus team and will include the abilities to sabotage the other team.

Your team would win by winning the tournament and you earn individual victoy by winning the tournament.

I am still working out the mechanics here as well and am trying to figure out a way to include a WW type of mechanic to this as well.

3. A more traditional WW with a Civil War theme. This would be similar to the 42 Attempts game which I ran but would have a Civil War theme.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
Autumn
Head Coach

These all sound awesome, EF. I'd be glad to be involved in any of them.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

All would be good actually
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yeah, I just see a participation issue.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

FWIW, with the first two I had good luck, relatively, with Survivor marketing it to the general FOF board, since it wasn't really a Werewolf game. I got several Survivor fans joining who didn't play Werewolf, for instance. I would definitely go that route if you try the first two.

If people are right that we need new blood, beyond just the FOF board, maybe we need to promote our games somewhere else WW type gamers play?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #6
J23
College Benchwarmer

I think an Amazing Race type could be neat, but I'm not sure how you could balance it where the winner was simply the one with more time than everyone else.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think Kwhit needs to do another game like the last one he did.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

In for any and all of the above.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Amazing Race game would be like a dungeon crawl with an amazing race theme and challenges. I liek the idea of that game but there is a lot more to running it. If no one is going to run a game I will step in with the TUF game. That may pull some people in from the main forum (will try to push it heavily there).

I don't want to step on anyone's toes an go out of turn so I'll wai nd see, and try to get the rules finalized just in case.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

DUNGEON CRAWL!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have nothing to offer other than I am game. If need be, yes, we might need to recruit off board, but keep in mind, sometimes it takes a bit to get accounts approved here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #12
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am skeptical of any game where above average participation is required.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Testing out a simulator this week. If there are no objections and no one else is going to run a game I will post signups for the TUF game in the next day or two. I figure that one is not as high of a level of participation as the Amazing Race one but has elements other than just basic WW and may draw in some from the main form because of the theme.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #14
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Struck out with that simulator. It takes long enough just to try to enter a fighter in and then it is next to impossible to setup the cards (can't just set up a match and run it).