Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #652
Autumn
Head Coach

Today it's Shoutouts To My Peeps in the Werewolf forum
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #653
Schmidty
Coordinator

I don't have time to catch up on everything right now, but I want to ask if I should reveal my skill. I'll check back in a little bit.

(Sorry I've been so absent, but this new job schedule is wacky)
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #654
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I don't have time to catch up on everything right now, but I want to ask if I should reveal my skill. I'll check back in a little bit.

I would say that you don't HAVE to if you don't want to, but it would really help us out if you let us know whether or not you're an organizer.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #655
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
And Schmidty is gone. I hope he's not TheNorming.

the norming?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #656
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

We pretty much have to know if you're an Organizer in order to win the camp today. If not we need to shift people off of hte mission.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #657
Danny
Head Coach

I really don't want to do all the reading to catch up, where do we stand? Did we decide to all go on the mission or try and convert the camp?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #658
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
And Schmidty is gone. I hope he's not TheNorming.

Haha, hilarious--what the hell's that supposed to mean? Just because I'm doing something I think will eventually help us out even if it isn't apparent now doesn't make me a sympathizer. But since the squeaky wheel needs the grease and as a show of good faith, I'll reveal (even though I've been hinting at it these last few posts).

unvote mission
go to food distribution

Hope I don't need a gun or anything for any future hunting expeditions. If so, I'll just use my bare hands.

If you seriously think I'm a weak link in any of these games, please feel free to vote me out and remove me, and I'll be more than happy to not participate any further.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #659
TheNorm
Mascot

Because it's damn well apparent to me by the tone of Pass's post that I'm really not too welcome here.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #660
The Jackal
Coordinator

patrol - CR (x3), USFL (x3) (6/6)
food distribution - Lathum (x3), BK, EF (x3), PB, heinz, dubb, Autumn, TheNorm (12/15)
organization - clap, ntn (x3) (4/8)

mission - Poli, RendeR, Jackal

idle - Schmidty, Pass, DT, Danny
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #661
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
food distribution - Lathum (x3), BK, EF (x3), PB, heinz, dubb, autumn (11/15)

mission - Poli, RendeR, Jackal, TheNorm

idle - Schmidty, Pass, DT, Danny

I don't like the fact that some are going on missions while we barely have enough to convert the camp. This looks almost guaranteed for at least one person to fake causing us to miss the camp.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:19 PM   #662
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Because it's damn well apparent to me by the tone of Pass's post that I'm really not too welcome here.

I'm pretty sure he was joking. You're more than welcome here.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #663
The Jackal
Coordinator

And be prepared to go on at least one caps/profanity-filled rant. It seems to be contagious.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #664
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Norm!!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #665
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, I missed that one by a mile.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #666
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFLTecmo View Post
I certainly hope CR is legit, because then it would confirm I am too.

I'll stop far short of non-faking being any sort of clearance, of course.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #667
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I don't like the fact that some are going on missions while we barely have enough to convert the camp. This looks almost guaranteed for at least one person to fake causing us to miss the camp.

And I agree, Danny. If we don't put some extra on food, at least, they'll be able to sabotage us without even risking their identity.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #668
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Haha, hilarious--what the hell's that supposed to mean? Just because I'm doing something I think will eventually help us out even if it isn't apparent now doesn't make me a sympathizer. But since the squeaky wheel needs the grease and as a show of good faith, I'll reveal (even though I've been hinting at it these last few posts).

unvote mission
go to food distribution

Hope I don't need a gun or anything for any future hunting expeditions. If so, I'll just use my bare hands.

If you seriously think I'm a weak link in any of these games, please feel free to vote me out and remove me, and I'll be more than happy to not participate any further.

Norm, I don't think anyone has meant anything towards you personally. We're all glad you're playing, but people should be able to criticize other's moves and point suspicion. It's the whole point of the game.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #669
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'll stop far short of non-faking being any sort of clearance, of course.

of course you got post 666
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #670
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You're quite welcome here. Plus, it's just a game so it's best to take everything as if it is meant jokingly to keep oneself sane.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #671
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm pretty sure he was joking. You're more than welcome here.

Quote:
Norm, I don't think anyone has meant anything towards you personally. We're all glad you're playing, but people should be able to criticize other's moves and point suspicion. It's the whole point of the game.

That and that.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #672
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
of course you got post 666

Why whatever do you mean?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #673
Danny
Head Coach

Since we're going this way

Work on Food Distribution

That gives us 15/15. What was Jackal's, Poli and Renders reason for going on mission?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #674
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

unvote mission
go to food distribution

If you're serious about all this, I think you're reading too much into it TheNorm. Clearly you had a reason you thought you could take advantage of the mission, all of us could, including the two other hunters. But adding a fourth person to the mission was making it almost certain we would fail today. That's clearly playing into the hands of the wolves. This is a game of suspicion and you painted a target on yourself. It's still very possible that you're a wolf, and playing this card to gain some sympathy. But if not, nobody's saying you are a weak link, we're just trying to win the game.

Thanks for moving your work.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #675
Autumn
Head Coach

Danny, they are all Searchers and felt they would do well on the mission. For the most part they've then been silent, though Jackal said he would move but he's afraid that might leave a wolf searching for items.

Personally I'd rather abandon the items and have all three pad out our stats. On a day when we can barely win the camp anyone eager to go on the mission has me suspicious.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #676
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

What they all said. It's pretty clear he disagrees with the strategy of your actions, rather than anything else. I literally interpret his "TheNorming" comment as him hoping Schmidty doesn't make the same move as you did, one he thought was detrimental to the team (or maybe he's a Sympathizer, trying to sow discord ). "Lathuming" is expressed quite often around here, and it's simply a spinoff of that.
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #677
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I would say that you don't HAVE to if you don't want to, but it would really help us out if you let us know whether or not you're an organizer.

My skill is Organization. What should I do? I am more in the dark in this game than any other one I can think of.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #678
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

gotta take everything said in a game thread with a grain of salt and imagine the other person smiling when they say it norm. otherwise your skin won't be thick enough to roll in these parts.

nobody was attacking you personally - you're more than welcome here. you just can't expect a free ride on anything you do within the game. if you happen to get away with one that's great, but you can't expect it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #679
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

To TheNorm's defense. I don't think what he was reacting to was neccesarily a criticism of his play, or at least it was open to interpretation anyway.

With that said, back to the fun. It's almost mission time. Any sympathisers want to step forward and show yourselves? Labor Unite!!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #680
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What was Jackal's, Poli and Renders reason for going on mission?

IIRC it is because they are Searchers
Old 04-29-2009, 01:28 PM   #681
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My skill is Organization. What should I do? I am more in the dark in this game than any other one I can think of.

how about organizing your thoughts?

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:29 PM   #682
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
With 29 units, it seems like we're going to have to walk a really fine line to get everything done. Perhaps I've been wrong yet again and succeeding at the mission is essential as we'll perhaps need items we find?

Since food distribution is the largest, and we only have 1 who has claimed that skill, I believe, I'm going to help out there.

Work on food distribution

Barkeep seemed to completely dismiss my idea for all going in the mission. That doesn't sit well with me and his play has been a little back and forth and odd all game.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #683
The Jackal
Coordinator

food distribution - Lathum (x3), BK, EF (x3), PB, heinz, dubb, Autumn, TheNorm, Danny (x3) (15/15)

mission - Poli, RendeR, Jackal

idle - Schmidty, Pass, DT
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #684
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

You really, realy should work on the Organizing job today. We don't have a chance without you, really. Are you 3x?
Old 04-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #685
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

unvote mission
go to food distribution

Seriously? Not too welcome? If I recall, you've played werewolf on other forums, right? Suspicions and accusations get thrown around all over the place, and if anyone being critical of your actions is going to make you feel unwelcome, you're going to have a bumpy ride. FTR, this is the exact same conversation that was had with PurdueBrad, so it's not like anyone is singling you out. Anyway, you're definitely welcome here -- I've always felt the more, the merrier, plus, you can't go wrong with a Michigan guy.

Anyway, I wasn't even referring to your action when I was talking about TheNorming -- I was referring to earleir, when you were in the thread for a while, then left without letting us know if you were an organizer. Plus it was just a joke on the whole "Lathuming" thing...which was an inside joke that started the game before you started here, so I apologize for the un-inclusive joke there.

And again FTR, no one ever said you were a weak link.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #686
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
IIRC it is because they are Searchers

That's the reason. And yes I've been considering helping on work, but if it's not an agreement between the three of us, that's dangerous.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #687
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

For real, you and hoops won Athens on your own. Look what us screwups did in Sparta with three of us.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #688
TheNorm
Mascot

Sorry, just frustration boiling over--no offense meant to anyone. I think winning the camp is great and all, but my feeling also tells me something on this mission is bound to help make my role a bit more useful too--especially in the coming days. That's why I'm adamant on going on this mission, and if that somehow paints me as suspicious then so be it.

But for now I'll go with the greater good and go with where I'm apparently needed.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #689
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Anyway, I wasn't even referring to your action when I was talking about TheNorming -- I was referring to earleir, when you were in the thread for a while, then left without letting us know if you were an organizer. Plus it was just a joke on the whole "Lathuming" thing...which was an inside joke that started the game before you started here, so I apologize for the un-inclusive joke there.

It's all good; like I mentioned in my previous post just frustration boiling over. I guess I just provided the Abe moment (like last game) for this game. Moving on...
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #690
Danny
Head Coach

Ok, so all three that are going on mission or searchers. That means it's probably fairly likely that no more than 1 would be a wolf, right? Then again, it might be completely random and they could all be wolves. Still, that's unlikely
Old 04-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #691
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, just frustration boiling over--no offense meant to anyone. I think winning the camp is great and all, but my feeling also tells me something on this mission is bound to help make my role a bit more useful too--especially in the coming days. That's why I'm adamant on going on this mission, and if that somehow paints me as suspicious then so be it.

But for now I'll go with the greater good and go with where I'm apparently needed.

if you call that a blow up, you need to reset your drama meeter, and go read Lathums greatest works

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #692
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, so all three that are going on mission or searchers. That means it's probably fairly likely that no more than 1 would be a wolf, right? Then again, it might be completely random and they could all be wolves. Still, that's unlikely

Yeah and this is why I'm hesitant to move off of it. There needs to be competition for items. I mean, hopefully we're all good, but with neither of them speaking all day, it's a tough choice.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #693
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I can see what you're thinking. I have the same skill write up as you, though it didn't occur to me to think about it the way you did. In that sense it may have been wiser to send the three hunters on the mission. But at the moment we're likely to fail at Food Distribution unless we get another person or two on there.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:46 PM   #694
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
if you call that a blow up, you need to reset your drama meeter, and go read Lathums greatest works

or maybe RendeR...
Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #695
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quiet almost-deadline.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #696
Autumn
Head Coach

Looks like we're not going to get anyone else switched over, which is unfortunate. I hope those items are worth it, and fall in the right hands.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #697
Schmidty
Coordinator

Work Organizing
Old 04-29-2009, 01:58 PM   #698
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Work Organizing

Glad that wasn't a go on mission post
Old 04-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #699
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have to admit that I have not paid nearly enough attention to this game. I shouldn't have signed up. I don't even understand what actions I can take. I have like 2 seconds at a time right now to be at the computer, and that's more than I've had the last two days - zero.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:00 PM   #700
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Glad that wasn't a go on mission post

Seriously. Although, I can't help but think it would be hilarious if like five people suddenly unvoted their camp work, and went on the mission instead.