Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Football Manager 2020 Announced

Football Manager 2020 | New Gameplay Features

I am a long term player so the ideas of the Development Center and Club Vision are intriguing.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:11 AM   #2
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, that’s sucked me right back into the FM hype, thanks for that! I play the game in a similar way and love identifying those lower league teams with the setup to turn into player development factories, so this seems right up my alley, if done properly.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well, I'm on the evens plan and that means that this one will eventually end up mine. However, I really haven't spent enough time with 18 yet. Too much OOTP I guess.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 PM   #4
PilotMan
Head Coach

The further the game gets developed the more and more it looks like good 'ol Mac Howard (SAAP) was way ahead of his time.

Like Steam?

Old 09-21-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
The further the game gets developed the more and more it looks like good 'ol Mac Howard (SAAP) was way ahead of his time.

God bless him. Whatever happened to Mac? I was just thinking about him the other day. His game website is still up, but the last release was 2010. http://sickasaparrot.com/site_map.html
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:42 AM   #6
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

For those interested in the new version, best price I could find was $35.99. When checking out, need to then use coupon code of Gamingtime

Football Manager 2020 - ROW

To the best of my knowledge, it is a good reseller some major companies have it as official reseller like UBISoft and Sega. I bought a few things in the past, no issues whatsoever.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
God bless him. Whatever happened to Mac? I was just thinking about him the other day. His game website is still up, but the last release was 2010. http://sickasaparrot.com/site_map.html

I don't know. As far as the game goes, he couldn't compete with the pace that SI was developing CM. He wanted to charge less for his game, because he felt like the game was going to speak for itself, and it would drive sales. He experimented with 'Lifetime' game license's where you could keep upgrading for life. What he found was the because he priced his game lower, people would undervalue his game vs. CM. They immediately thought that the other game must be better because it cost more. And the last problem he had was piracy. That was the nail. He used to be around here, but that was a long, long time ago. I wish I knew. He was a good guy.

Like Steam?

Old 09-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I don't know. As far as the game goes, he couldn't compete with the pace that SI was developing CM. He wanted to charge less for his game, because he felt like the game was going to speak for itself, and it would drive sales. He experimented with 'Lifetime' game license's where you could keep upgrading for life. What he found was the because he priced his game lower, people would undervalue his game vs. CM. They immediately thought that the other game must be better because it cost more. And the last problem he had was piracy. That was the nail. He used to be around here, but that was a long, long time ago. I wish I knew. He was a good guy.

I remember him well. We had some good debates. He was right on somethings, dead wrong on others, but I always respected him.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
miami_fan
Coordinator

Release date of November 8th.

On a side note,

German man breaks ludicrous record for longest ever Football Manager game | FourFourTwo

Quote:
However, one man has gone above and beyond, breaking the Guinness World Record for the longest ever continuous game of Football Manager: 333 seasons and counting.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #10
barryryan
n00b

Excited to get fm'ed anew starting November! <3 the game!
Old 10-31-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
Icy
Pro Starter

For these that preordered, beta is out!

You can still preorder it from the official stores and join the beat in steam.

Full release date is Nov 19th.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:26 PM   #12
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Thought I felt a tickle in my throat this morning.
Old 10-31-2019, 03:39 PM   #13
bhlloy
Coordinator

Welp, bye bye all the stuff I’d planned for the next week
Old 10-31-2019, 04:15 PM   #14
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I was going to start the Alright Boyz thread, but then again, we've done that so long it might turn into "ALright Senior Citizens..."
Old 10-31-2019, 04:21 PM   #15
Thomkal
Head Coach

Heh Fozzie, speak for yourself Old Man
Old 10-31-2019, 04:42 PM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You're only old as you feel.

Today I feel 92.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:54 PM   #17
bhlloy
Coordinator

Match engine needs a ton of work, which isn’t unusual for the Beta but don’t buy it and think you are diving straight into a career.

The player development stuff feels very cosmetic to me so far. Haven’t really noticed any big steps forward in terms of functionality so far, to be honest.