Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2018, 06:20 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

This Subforum, Long-Term.

With an official FOF subforum starting at OOTP Developments, I'm wondering if this subforum will be wanted by the community when FOF9 is released. I would think it'd be annoying to most people if, say, 75% of the interesting FOF user talk was at OOTP and 25% in this subforum, and people felt like they needed to be involved in two places to really keep up with one game, or if there ended up being just a ton of cross-posted stuff.

Some context: whenever there's a big FOF announcement/new version/etc., I've started simply starting a closed thread in my MP leagues that just has a link to the thread here, so that I'm driving discussion to one place. That has seemed to work better than a bunch of little discussions in a bunch of places.

I wouldn't make any changes prior to the impending release, and of course we'd want to keep FOF8 stuff here, maybe going read-only, if we changed.

Thoughts?

(No decision is going to be made any time soon; I'm mainly curious to see what people think.)

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
garion333
High School Varsity

Move all talk to the OOTP forums.

It's where new users are going to congregate (other than the Steam forums, which will likely point back to OOTP's forums).

Last edited by garion333 : 02-22-2018 at 08:07 AM.
garion333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #3
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Yup, what garion said...I rarely check this place anymore and likely won't ever again once everything is over at OOTP.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

ditto. Having one forum for everything helps build momentum in that forum
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
ThePelvicWoo
n00b

Agreed with those above me. Potential new people to the franchise are going to go to the OOTP forums to learn about the game, not here. The community is small enough as it is, no need to split even further
ThePelvicWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd imagine we will have an alright boyz thread in the other forum, which should be fine.

However our forum is named after front office so we will still have attachment to it anyways
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'd imagine we will have an alright boyz thread in the other forum, which should be fine.
Precisely what I was thinking. Still early in the discussion, but it looks like I'm not exactly out on a limb in my thinking here...
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep move to OOTP forums. I just hope the FOFC folks become active over there to help keep a voice of what most of us have loved about FOF and Jim's design decisions to keep the NFL setup in the forefront.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #9
mac88
n00b

Yeah I think its pretty obvious we should move it on over to the OOTP forums, the knowledge that's in this forum will need to get out to the new players if we want to see the growth of the game.
mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:27 AM   #10
rush_27
n00b

I would say move over. Also would it be possible to have a sub forum setup for Multi Player leagues that are currently playing FOF8? Or is the forum solely for the new game?
rush_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I can't wait for the fan boiz to start suggesting we get Finnish football leagues over there.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 02-23-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 AM   #12
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I can't wait for the fan boiz to start suggesting we get Finnish football leagues over there.

It's honestly already started. One guy wants XFL in there, another guy is asking about the CFL, WFL, USFL, another guy started talking about creating a league with different planets..

As I get older, I have found my patience level is decreasing, and fondly look back at when we just had issues with the injury button not working, or the financial system and I didn't have to go over there. I just knew why things aren't/ weren't being addressed. lol if we move over there, I am going to have to figure out a way to mute those posts to keep them from ruining my enthusiasm for this

Last edited by muns : 02-27-2018 at 06:26 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:53 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I grew tired of venting about OOTP and nailing down the real MLB before adding all the customization.. but I realize Markus has to make money and gain more customers.

I don't think Jim will let FOF get to that point though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #14
tzach
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Precisely what I was thinking. Still early in the discussion, but it looks like I'm not exactly out on a limb in my thinking here...

I agree with the others -- it makes more sense to keep the discussion in the OOTP forum. I saw that you will moderate things there, which is nice.

I presume the FOF base engine will not change substantially in the new release (if ever, since it's so good), so this forum will still be the reference for anyone wanting to go deeper into how things work.
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #15
Gallifrey
High School Varsity

OOTP would be logical.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 PM   #16
thefatcat
n00b

You lose control of the forum if you move it. Just saying!
thefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #17
Edward64
Head Coach

I would agree, better to move it to OOTP where the critical mass will be.

Unfortunately, I think that means our Off Topic banter here will die a slow (maybe fast) death but we can develop new relationships at OOTP.

Definitely good for Jim and ensures continued development and innovation for FOF which is great.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #18
QuikSand
lolzcat

Off Topic here will live on.
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #19
Edward64
Head Coach

Maybe, but if more and more FOF regulars move to OOTP it'll get less and less traffic and new users.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #20
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

I know I'm in the minority but I'd like it to stay here and link over to ootp's forums. I really don't want to see fofc die and this has the possibility to do it.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:47 PM   #21
MIJB#19
Coordinator

To be safe, I've already registered at the OOTP forums.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #22
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
That shouldn't be an issue. Contrary to baseball and ice hockey, american football is a niche, amateurs only sport outside the USA (and to a smaller degree Canada). They could try to help fuse TCY and FOF into one game engine though...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:15 AM   #23
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
That shouldn't be an issue. Contrary to baseball and ice hockey, american football is a niche, amateurs only sport outside the USA (and to a smaller degree Canada). They could try to help fuse TCY and FOF into one game engine though...

Please stop teasing me. That is the dream game.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:13 AM   #24
Nemesis
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Please stop teasing me. That is the dream game.

OOTP is set up similar (but without hs/college control), I can't imagine that it hasn't at least been discussed.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #25
beatle
H.S. Freshman Team

historical info question?

What about the historical threads? There is a lot of info here that is very helpful! Would that info be lost?
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote