Old 07-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #352
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

hoops then?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #353
Danny
Head Coach

I thought DV was good, but doesn't really matter as once we hear the scan we'll have our last wolf.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #354
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Although the firing of Darth Vilus the night before left a pall on the proceedings this morning, you all return again, determined to finish the job today.

Alas, again, you appear to be one short. J23 is missing!

The CEO calls J23's office, and his secretary informs him that J23 has put in for an immediate leave of absence, time undetermined. It seems that the wolves have gotten to him.

"This is terrible, but we must keep at it, and root out the Microsoft influence," the CEO says. "And start a search for a new Vice President of Security."

J23 was the Vice President of Security, the bodyguard and a loyal board member!

He had 14.8% interest in the corporation, which is now being redistributed.

DAY FOUR HAS NOW BEGUN.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #355
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I thought DV was good, but doesn't really matter as once we hear the scan we'll have our last wolf.

i will remember this my man. be warned!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #356
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Waiting anxiously to hear the scan result.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:25 PM   #357
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

vote hoopsguy
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #358
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

is that based on a scan result?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #359
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote hoops
Old 07-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #360
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
is that based on a scan result?

Yes it is.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #361
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Yes it is.

Sweet.

He was the other one I almost duked to.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #362
hoopsguy
General Manager

So we can probably just end this now. I was mathematically eliminated this morning, so stretched it out one more day because that is what you are supposed to do.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #363
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good game villagers. I don't think that the wolf team played horribly, but will take any feedback that you guys have to offer.

Schmidty thing obviously was not a good turn of events for us. Not sure if there was anything in his posts where he tried to tip us off ... if so, I sure missed it.

Did BK having Lathum post the vote for him hurt the cause? Or was the vibe purely coming from Day 1?
Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #364
Danny
Head Coach

For BK, him trying to get me out day 1 when I was not around is what gave me a bad feeling about him. Admittedly it would have been deserved since I didn't get my vote in, but generally villagers don't try and take me out day 1.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #365
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm pretty sure it was tied to the enemy thing. Both of wanted the shot at taking out our enemies if it was easy/convenient. But as it worked out neither of us got the enemy on Day 1 and instead saw the cultist get lynched. Should have realized we had bad mojo going at that point.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #366
J23
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for running the game CR, I really liked the enemy bit giving different weight to votes, as well as the potential stock stuff down the line. I think it would have been even better with a few more people.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #367
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, I liked the idea a lot as well. Again, would have preferred more players, but still fun.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #368
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey, you guys aren't supposed to end the game without me!

Yeah, obviously, this one's done and declared for the villagers. I only didn't end it right away because I figured hoops deserved his fair chance to try to talk his way out of a lynch if he wanted, but since he's given up the ghost, that's that.

Congratulations, villagers and a well played game all around. Just the wolves couldn't catch a break.

I had to laugh when EF submitted his duke choice on Day Two, and it was basically, if this happens, duke to BK and if this happens, duke to hoops. Ouch.

Thanks everyone for playing and feel free to ask me any questions you like.

I do agree that this is a rule set that could be a lot more intriguing with a larger group of players. Plus, I had some twists I held out that I might include in future games, so it's possible we'll bring this one back at some point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #369
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Good game villagers. I don't think that the wolf team played horribly, but will take any feedback that you guys have to offer.

Schmidty thing obviously was not a good turn of events for us. Not sure if there was anything in his posts where he tried to tip us off ... if so, I sure missed it.

Did BK having Lathum post the vote for him hurt the cause? Or was the vibe purely coming from Day 1?

The Lathum thing pushed me over the edge. Thought it seemed a little more like a wolfish thing to do. They day one push to Danny also seemed odd. While I understand the theory of going after the absentee player it would seem that a late day one swing to that player really doesn't help us learn much from day one and in a small game that is a huge setback.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #370
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Here was my change of the duke order.

The order was originally to duke to hoops if I was lynched. Then the push for henry and the Lathum voting for BK thing made me add a condition...

If I am lynched duke to hoops, if henry is lynched duke to BK.

This led to a humorous moment for me later in the evening as we waited the results and tried to figure out if the enemy votes were going to swing the lynch... when BK said that he hopes his vote counts... I thought... "If he only knew"

So as I posted last night, two players' fates rested in the balance, it was true, just not the two that everyone expected it to be.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #371
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The waiting yesterday was killing me. I picked up on Illini as the seer late yesterday but it was after I made my duke order change and it had me worried that I had just screwed up and was hoping that BK was actually the cunning.

My initial plan yesterday was to duke to hoops so it would solve day one, I would be cleared and we would know hoops' allegiance.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #372
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
The Lathum thing pushed me over the edge. Thought it seemed a little more like a wolfish thing to do. They day one push to Danny also seemed odd. While I understand the theory of going after the absentee player it would seem that a late day one swing to that player really doesn't help us learn much from day one and in a small game that is a huge setback.

I was quite serious about the absentee thing and there was the added bonus that Danny was my enemy. This is also why I made such an effort to get my vote in. There is no way I go to such efforts if I hadn't made such a fuss about it Day 1. And I made such a fuss about it Day 1 because I wanted my enemy lynched. That's all part of a consistent story. I think the person who benefited the most from my push turned out, interestingly enough, to be EF.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #373
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I was quite serious about the absentee thing and there was the added bonus that Danny was my enemy. This is also why I made such an effort to get my vote in. There is no way I go to such efforts if I hadn't made such a fuss about it Day 1. And I made such a fuss about it Day 1 because I wanted my enemy lynched. That's all part of a consistent story. I think the person who benefited the most from my push turned out, interestingly enough, to be EF.

I'm not used to you trying to save me.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #374
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

awesome - glad the village got the win.

had no idea i was picking out a wolf on d1 when i went after hoops trying to get my enemy voted off.

was hoping that somebody would notice barkeep's effort to help push the vote away from hoops, and the way hoops reacted to my coming after him once i was gone.

well done guys!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #375
Autumn
Head Coach

Good game guys. A real fun rule set, I hope you do bring it back, Chief, maybe at some point we're getting more players in the games.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote