Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #101
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Just want to reaffirm that hoops is in. (There's a donkey kong kill screen in 10 minutes...kill screen in ten minutes...)

VILLAGER!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
my first idea for a character is Jason Worthing from Orson Scott Card.

I think I almost like Worthing better than Ender.

That would have been cool.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

2:06...9:06....7 hours with no activity
Old 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #104
Autumn
Head Coach

Everyone's probably still boggled at Hoopsguy's horrible vote.

Anyone played ina game of rotating roles like this before? Is there a strategy that makes sense playing off of that? It seems mostly an advantage for us since we can have the seer reveal their finding every day without fear of being taken out. That's a good deal The downside is simply that some days we may not have a village scan?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #105
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Wolves can always fake-reveal someone as a wolf if they get the seer. They could also try to 1:1 and get the seer knocked out of the game early if they luck into getting that role early.

That's one lil wrinkle I thought of just now.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #106
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm also a villager. Perhaps that declaration will save me from the ire of Hoops.

My work schedule has gotten crazy in the last week so I don't expect to be on much until after 6 EST.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #107
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm here. I'm working for the good of my peeps....the village!

(just in case that wasn't clear or anything)
Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Villager checking in, not sure how I feel about the rotating roles, seems like it will make clearing anyone very difficult
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #109
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Can't believe Lathum is playing!!!

yayyyyyy
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #110
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking back at the way the roles work for wolves i don't see any particular way we can out them through that. The wolf bodyguard is the only one that works in a public way different than the villager version. But I think we'd have to be pretty lucky to glean anything from that.

So I think it's mostly just straight up WW, perhaps with more seer reveals than normal. I'm now going to figure out some rationale for a day one vote that I can live with.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #111
Autumn
Head Coach

All right lately it seems there have been a lot of no-votes, no-shows, quiet players in the WW games. My day one rationale is going ot be to vote for anyone that doesn't show up. If everyone shows up, I'll probably vote for anyone who is really quiet and doesn't contribute to the conversation. Failing that I'll have to scramble for something new. I will probably not vote for Mr. Bug day one. I don't think I've ever played with him, and I don't like to vote off someone who hasn't been playing a lot lately day one.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #112
Autumn
Head Coach

triple dola

now I'm back to doing some work
Old 08-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #113
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Checking in, villager. Also, glad to be playing again!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #114
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm just hoping for a more conversational game of werewolf than we've had the last couple of times that I've played. If that does not materialize, then I'm going to play a somewhat whimsical game that helps bring me some enjoyment.

Not sure my whimsy has brought Autumn enjoyment so far, but those are the breaks.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hoopsy!!! So fun to see you!!!

*waves*
Old 08-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #116
Autumn
Head Coach

Checking back in for a second. Looks like everyone has checked in but Chief, Schmidty and NTN.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #117
Autumn
Head Coach

And it's no skin off my back, Hoops. Everybody's gotta vote for someone. I'm hoping for a more conversational game too. I've found them frustrating lately with so little talk.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #118
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I am here. Still pondering the rule set and its ramifications.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can a player get the same role twice? I would assume so, but figured I would ask for clarification just in case.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #120
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
2:06...9:06....7 hours with no activity

your right. How DARE you people sleep!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #121
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wait, so is there still only one "duking" or does every time the Duke switches, does that new duke get to duke again?
Old 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #122
Danny
Head Coach

I was not clear on that, but the duke will only be able to be used once. However, I have added that the duke will decide ties, so even after the lynch power is used, there will be some advantage to the duke.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #123
Autumn
Head Coach

Ah, so duke will just be a race to see who uses it first. Which given our duking history probably won't go well. Having the ability to decide ties will still be of use though.

As of the moment I'll be voting Schmidty or NTN. If both of them show up I will probably chose one of the traditionally quieter players (which includes both of them). I know that's always a bone of contention, but I just hate to get stuck later in the game with people who haven't put many thoughts down in words.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #124
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What race? there will be a duking first day as always
Old 08-04-2010, 01:22 PM   #125
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I am here now, and as a villager I think Autumns idea of voting for me is somewhat wolvish.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #126
MrBug708
Head Coach

Checking back in, Im a bit sore from soccer today!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #127
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

did you win, MrBug?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #128
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i woke up late and am leaving the house pretty soon. Ill be pretty busy for a good while, not sure if i'll make it back before deadline or not.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #129
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh I forgot to vote

Vote J23

Why? Because i'm awesome

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:45 PM   #130
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm sure I'll get flak just for putting any thoughts out there, NTN, that's always what happens. But I made clear what my criteria was. Now that you've checked in my vote will go to Schmidty, until the point at which he checks in. I'd rather vote out someone not playing than someone that is.

We can have these discussions all day, every day 1 vote or non-vote is wolfish somehow or other.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #131
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
did you win, MrBug?

We didnt keep score. It was a tiny turnout (3-3). The score was probably around 20 for each team
Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #132
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The duke dynamic is interesting and I agree with whoever said it'll basically be a race to see who uses it first. My money would be that it'll be used today or, at the latest, tomorrow, but remember, that usually goes poorly for us.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #133
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

A bit of revision to my above thoughts (and this would work much better if the wolves don't read it so stop reading now please...thank you):

There may be some use in getting the duke part out of play because we know that a wolf would use it given the opportunity. I know it's like throwing darts at a dart board but is there value in getting the ability to duke out of the game just to keep it out of wolf hands? Depending on timing, it could be a massive game-changer if the wolves had the ability to use it midpoint or later. But I guess at the same point, a bad duke that late probably points to our next lynch so I may be wrong.

Kind of thinking aloud with that, kind of hoping to at least generate some discussion about it. So, thoughts?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #134
Autumn
Head Coach

I think you hit it at the end, PB. If a duke uses the ability they might be able to save a wolf, but only by putting themselves in the targets. In addition, having the ability to break ties is a big deal for the wolves too. So I would *not* recommend a villager just use it to use it up. We've seen how that goes.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #135
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Could this work...

The duke outs them self today, asap.

Then what we do is we keep two votes, we all vote for the duke, then we all put in a second, "unofficial" vote for who we want and the duke switches to that person, who would be the actual day 1 vote leader.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #136
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So which of you Big Ten football fans is going to be my D1 vote? Looking at you Hoops and Schmidty...Go Purdue! 6-6 or 7-5 here we come (although my dream season would be 9-3).
Old 08-04-2010, 02:47 PM   #137
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, see where you are going. So basically we still preserve our vote, we just let the duke do the dirty work and get that power out of the game. It still gives us vote history as well. My gut reaction is that it makes sense but I do want to think about it.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #138
Autumn
Head Coach

Seems like a pretty solid idea, Lathum. I was worried that the doublevoter might throw it off, but i guess it wouldn't. The question is can we get that together. Seems a simple enough plan, but you know how it is.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see no reason we coiuldn't get it together. Only one or two people have voted so that shouldn't have to big an effect on things.

If we all vote for the duke it their votes wont matter and if they don't return we can use their official vote towards the duke selection.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #140
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not sure what your last sentence means, Lathum.

The problem I see with getting it together is when the duke shows up to reveal. If other people are gone by that point it might not work.

I should be around enough to participate either way though, so I'll wait and see.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #141
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the problem with that Lathum is what if the duke is a wolf today?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
the problem with that Lathum is what if the duke is a wolf today?

Well what is the problem?

If no one reveals duke today we can assume the duke was a wolf. If the duke is a wolf and goes against our wishes they are committing suicide.

Does anyone see any downside to the duke revealing?

Also, if the duke of the day goes rogue and uses the power just to use it I will not only assume they were a wolf, but that the leading vote getter was a wolf as well.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #143
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wouldnt the duke be wolf food tonight then?

Im gonnabe at the circus tonight, but my phone should give me limited access
Old 08-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #144
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I like Lathum's idea, but we do need the duke to reveal.

One other thought is, if the duke doesn't reveal, then we might be better off pushing for a tie then.

If we assume the duke is a wolf (because there is no duke reveal), then we can use the tiebreaker to rule out half of the players as being the duke-wolf. That wouldn't mean that they aren't wolves of other sorts, of course, but at least we have a starting point to nab our first wolf.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #145
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Wouldnt the duke be wolf food tonight then?

Im gonnabe at the circus tonight, but my phone should give me limited access

The wolves may want to keep the duke in the game, since they can use him, too (even as just the tiebreaker). Also, as then the only cleared individual in the game, the duke would almost certainly be protected by the BG tonight.

So, no, I don't think the wolves would kill the duke tonight. They are much more likely to kill the cleared person tomorrow night, when they are no longer the duke.

Of course, with no limit on protecting the same person, if we do not have any better candidates, the BG might just go back to protecting the former duke.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #146
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Interesting thought.

Idle speculation re: the duke being a wolf though. That isn't the case.

I've got to step out for a couple hours to socialize with work folk in a couple minutes, but I'll throw out a vote and leave a PM for Danny. I really should be back before deadline though - I can't imagine I wouldn't be.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #147
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Well what is the problem?

If no one reveals duke today we can assume the duke was a wolf. If the duke is a wolf and goes against our wishes they are committing suicide.

Does anyone see any downside to the duke revealing?

Also, if the duke of the day goes rogue and uses the power just to use it I will not only assume they were a wolf, but that the leading vote getter was a wolf as well.

Something doesn't fit though.

If the Duke is outted and he is a wolf and complies with our wishes, will we know if the Duke was a wolf/villager? What happens if we "unofficially" pick another wolf, it would be a bigger suicide by moving off what we pick since that would almost assuredly mean they were two wolves.

If the Duke is outed and is a villager, we still have the other vote for someone else. That someone else isn't going to go down without much of a plea. They would almost be forced to try and vote against the Duke, since the Duke would almost assuredly vote for what the rest of the villagers want, if for nothing more then self preservation.

And that doesn't touch on the fact that if the wolf is the bodyguard, the Duke is screwed even further.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #148
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Something doesn't fit though.

If the Duke is outted and he is a wolf and complies with our wishes, will we know if the Duke was a wolf/villager? What happens if we "unofficially" pick another wolf, it would be a bigger suicide by moving off what we pick since that would almost assuredly mean they were two wolves.

If the Duke is outed and is a villager, we still have the other vote for someone else. That someone else isn't going to go down without much of a plea. They would almost be forced to try and vote against the Duke, since the Duke would almost assuredly vote for what the rest of the villagers want, if for nothing more then self preservation.

And that doesn't touch on the fact that if the wolf is the bodyguard, the Duke is screwed even further.

It doesn't matter if the duke is a wolf or villager. The goal is get the ability out of the game D1 without screwing someone to bad. Otherwise we run the risk of the role falling into wolves hands later in the game and really screwing us.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #150
Autumn
Head Coach

Are you saying your'e hte duke, DT? Don't get so fancy, I"m starving.

I'm heading out to dinner. So I'm going to place my vote on DT, assuming he's saying he's the duke. I will then place my "real" vote on Schmidty. He hasn't checked in yet, is the only one, and I'm all for voting out inactive people over active ones. I'll check back after the kids are in bed and see if he's convinced me to move my vote.

informal vote; vote schmidty

vote daddytorgo