Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

June 1, 3057 – Contract time. I need to upkeep my various units and salary for my peops, so I sell a couple of mechs off. I sell ENF-5D Enforcer for 7.5 mill, and the VT-5S Vulcan for 6.75 mill. That should pay for the upkeep for a few more months for my units without a contract.

Contracts offered include nothing I want, just periphery contracts and such.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT June 10, 3057 – In order to disgrace ilKhan Ulric Kerensky, two charges are brought against him in the Clans Grand Council. One is treason for supposedly secretly coordinating Tukkayid to get the clans to lose, in order to prevent the Crusader faction from pushing deeper into the Inner Sphere. The other charge is elevation of a known Inner Sphere agent, Phelan Kell, to the saKhan position of Clan Wolf and collaborating with him in his treason. Ulric Kerensky, leader of the clans and a Warden faction man who wants to protect the Inner Sphere rather than conquer it, points out that charges were brought against him for collusion before, failed, and Phelan was taken according to Clan custom, given a bloodname by them, and made saKhan with approval of the Grand Council. Sensing that these charges to remove Ulric as ilKhan are failing, a third charge is spoken from the back bench. Destroying the Clan’s genetic heritage. This only happened once in Clan history, and that Clan was destroyed. The claim is that three generations of clan warriors will not fight and be bloodied, and thus will lose devastatingly when the Peace of Tukkayid lifts in 3067. This destruction of the younger warriors will come about due to the peace, and Ulric planned this all along. Ulric orders the hearing to go to the Grand Council next month, and the hearing will be head. With the majority of Clans as Crusader Clans, the result appears to be a foregone conclusion.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

July 1 – Contracts are lousy again this year, with just one being out there for us. I rolled a 2 on 2d6

July 15 – The two units that participated in the scramble for the Star League have signed contracts to stay on planet and continue to hunt, suspecting that more caches are out there, but are now on different parts of the planet, and should not come to blows a second time.

August 1 – No major contracts arrive, but I considered a garrison for five years in the Combine, yet ultimately declined.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT August 8, 3057 - The Grand Council convenes, and as expected Ulric Kerensky is found guilty and is dismissed from the ilKhan ship and dropped to Star Colonel. Clan jade Falcon led the charge, and has prepared many troops and mechs ready to take a new offensive. With this decision, the Clans can begin to protect the Treaty of Tukkayid, and thus Ulric Kerensky declares a Trial of Refusal against Clan Jade Falcon. He will declare all of the Jade Falcon planets as the battlefield, and bids his entire Clan in defense. Jade Falcon is forced to bid their full Clan, and the Refusal War begins. Meanwhile, Ulric Kerensky orders saKhan Phelan Kell to take the loyal Warden faction of Clan Wolf along with a majority of the naval forces and the Clan Wolf genetic material, and leave for safe haven in the Inner Sphere states to contest the Crusaders after the Refusal War ends.

EVENT August 13, 3057 – Our first Taurus and Aires Small Craft arrive from Blackwell Industries. We get two this month, and two each of the next two months. Then we will wait one year, after which, if these sell well, we will make 4 million a month from the sale of all four, which is 20% of the profit. After announcing them, early sales for the Taurus are very favorable, but the Aires has not picked up except by a few groups. As a reminder, the Taurus is a giant 200 ton fighter-ish Small Craft and the Aires is a 200-ton Troop Transport one with weapons and armor.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT August 20, 2057 – Capellan Confederation Spies discover that the real Joshua Marik is dead and a fake has been substituted for him. Sun-Tzu informs Thomas Marik of this, and they begin planning retribution.

EVENT August 28, 3057 – The 14th Battle of Hesperus II begins as Skye Rebellion Forces try to take the planet, and Lt. Thoma Marie Essex of the 15h Lyran Guards will participate heavily in that campaign.

September 1 – Braham Essex announces that he is again looking for major contracts. These little company or battalion contracts are no longer cutting it. A week and a half later, the FRR offers a retainer contract, and he looks it over.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now the Preamble is over. Five chapters, several real life years of playing, from 3030 until 3057 - it all truly begins now......

EVENT September 16, 3057 – Thomas Marik announces to the Inner Sphere Victor’s replacement of his dead son by a duplicate, and implies it was done to get a son the throne of the Free Worlds League. He announces that, along with Sun-Tzu Liao, their two realms have launched an operation against the Federated Commonwealth to regain systems lost in the Fourth Succession War and earlier. Named Operation Guerrero, this will see forces and mercs from both the Confederation and League drive quickly into FedCom Space.

Braham Essex returns to Epsilon Eridani immediately.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-16-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT September 18, 3057 – After fomenting rebellion against her brother, assassinating her own mother to make Victor look bad, changing her name to Katrina to bring her name more closely to the beloved Katrina Steiner, Katherine Steiner-Davion activates Emergency War Powers and secedes the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth away from her brother’s half. Citing the war by Thomas and Sun-Tzu, as well as Victor’s “war crimes” that led to it, she says the name of Commonwealth is forever tainted, and instead names the new nation the Lyran Alliance.

The Sarna March – For the past five years, Sun-Tzu Liao has been preparing for the invasion he knew would someday come. In preparation for this, he has funded pro-Liao sentiment on various planets, guerrilla movements, and bribes to various officials. His planning pays off as the invasion of the Sarna March signals the initiation of the various plans on each planet.

Meanwhile, Katrina Steiner-Davion orders all loyal units to return from the Sarna March. As you may recall, the March was given to the Lyran Commonwealth by Hanse Davion as a wedding gift with Melissa, but both sort of rules it together, and it was closer to Davion space than Steiner space. With the defection of various units from planets, combined with the local problems fomented by Liao combined with potential invasions and incursions the result was a dire mess. Many planets and systems are about to undergo heavy conflict as various interests use the military vacuum to step in while others will witness battles between pro-Davion, pro-Steiner, and pro-Liao federations. It will now become known as the Chaos March

Old 11-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Prior to beginning the Chaos March Mega-Campaign, let’s look at the current list of military equipment by us:

Kilts and Commandos Roster:

Alpha Regiment: Col. Matthew Humphries, of Star Battalion

Myth Battalion: Capt Foster Keynes, of Typhon Company

Heliades Company -
Styx Company –
Tethys Company –
Typhon Company –

Star Battalion: Col. Matthew Humphries, of Defender Company

Defender Company –
Cinq Company – Ends on December 5th, and then they hit us back March 26, 3058
Brawler Company – On Terra Firma until June 28, 3059

Heater Battalion: Capt. Jason Thomas, Trinity of Company

Delta Company – return on February 15, 3058
Trinity Company-
Butler Company –

Beta Regiment: Col. Martin Fitzgerald, of Ganges Battalion

Ganges Battalion: Col. Martin Fitzgerald, of Phaeton Company

Phaeton Company –
Boxer Company –
Rebel Company –

Amazon Battalion: Capt. Gabriel Williams, of Mustang Company

Mustang Company –
Hex Company –
Raven Company –

Rheims Battalion: Capt. Aurelia Jenson, of Aleph Company

Aleph Company –
Laser Company –
Sabre Company –

Gamma Regiment: Col. Gilda Atwater, of Breaker Battalion

Breaker Battalion: Col. Gilda Atwater, of Fallout Company

Trident Company –
Miner Company –
Fallout Company -

Scimitar Battalion: Capt. Mika Sanders, of Vegas Company

Vegas Company –
Guile Company -
Tango Company -

Mesopotamia Battalion:Capt. Kyla Jeffries, of Nineveh Company

Jericho Company –
Babylon Company –
Nineveh Company –

Delta Regiment: Col. Braham Essex, of Shadow Battalion

Shadow Battalion: Col. Braham Essex, of Shadow Company

Bruiser Company –
Shadow Company –
Sealion Company –

Flame Battalion: Capt. Johan Kreidler, of Blaze Company

Pyre Company –
Blaze Company –
Ember Company –

Armor Battalion: Capt. Jassa Ramgarhia, of Aegis Company

Aegis Company – Ends on October 28, 3057, Return on November 21, 3057
Shield Company – Ends on October 28, 3057, Return on November 21, 3057
Chainmail Company - Ends on October 28, 3057, Return on November 21, 3057

Vehicles:

Tank First Battalion – EE- mining garrison complete on October 15, 3057
Tank Second Battalion - On Terra Firma until June 28, 3059

Garrison and Infantry – EE, garrison,

Fighters: Col. Larry Rowe, of Arrow Company

Arrow Company –
Bolt Company –
Catapult Company -.

Swift Justice, Aegis WarShip –
Scots Flotilla, Merchant JumpShip –
Johnny Appleseed, Invader JumpShip - –
Robin Hood, Union DropShip –
Megan’s Fury, Union DropShip -
Star River, Union DropShip -
Serendipitous Victory, Union-C DropShip -.
Amalgamated Bliss, Union DropShip –.
Defiance, Overlord DropShip –
Daily Menace, Overlord DropShip, Upgraded -
Faith’s Bulwark, Fortress DropShip, Upgraded -
Fury Unbound, Vengeance DropShip -
Firebird, Avenger DropShip –
Arrow of Fate, Achilles DropShip, Upgraded –
Stalwart Destruction, Model 96 Elephant DropShip –
Honored Living, Colossus DropShip –

Old 11-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Beginning of the Epsilon Eridani Campaign

Unless events specifically relate to this campaign, they will not be updated. Then we will return and catch people back up on the various events that are occurring elsewhere.

September 21st – A bombing takes place in a village on the southern continent, 12 people die. The government does nothing.

September 22nd – A large industrial plant takes massive damage from bombs. Three local officials in a moderate sized city are slain by sniper fire.

September 23rd – Four separate instances of violence occur in four different areas of the planet. The government agrees to begin talking about how to handle it.

September 25th – Nine more acts of violence and terrorism have occurred, with over one hundred dead in these two days, and the government is doing nothing.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

While they are, the First Council of Advisors meets. Tired of the inaction by the government, several major citizens meet to discuss what to do.

General Pierre Benton, leader of the local troops, who have not left the planet and won’t.
Braham Essex, CO of the Kilts and Commandos Mercenary Combat Group
Elizabeth Walters-Essex, CEO of Kressly Warworks, Inc
Adele Thompson-Sanders, Minor but politically connected noble
Count Michael Sanders, husband of Adele
Viktoria Reynolds, President of the Mining Consortium
Senator Dale Harless, one of the few political voices calling for more
Rachel Indrid – Editor in Chief of the Eridani Edition, the biggest local news organization
Judge Violet Hamilton - Member of the planetary Supreme Court
Ted Izumo, for XO of Kilts and Commandos, and Headmaster of Essex Training Academy
Heath McAllister – CEO of AgriNomicon, the largest agricultural company on EE

These eleven individuals represent all of the major interests on the planet. Pierre Benton and Braham Essex lead the meeting.

During the meeting, they discuss ways they can deal with the various problems the Liao insurgents have caused.

“It’s too frustrating to watch my fellow citizens being attacked and I can’t do anything because those assholes in the capital won’t let me” (Benton)

“I know. I can’t do anything, that would violate our charter as mercenaries stepping into internal affairs. And you can’t give me a contract this time to make up for their lack of oversight, like you did a few months ago.” (Essex)

“We can convince people to move more quickly in giving him authority.” (Indrid)

“Yes, but how many days will that take? Five? Ten? A month? And how many homes, businesses, and lives will be lost by then? Besides, for all we know, Liao could be holding up the Senate because they infiltrated It, right Dale?” (Essex)

“Exactly” (Harless)

“So it’s time to do something. General, I am officially giving you permission to hunt down and take out all rebels with all due speed and by all means necessary. Guerillas are never easy to ferret out, we know it will get ugly, but I am giving you that permission, right now.” (Essex)

“You know what that means?” (Benton)

“I do, and I do it gladly. Any opposed?” (Essex) (No hands are raised)

“Very will sir, I will get started immediately!” (Benton rises and salutes Essex, who salutes back)

The Council Meeting Ends.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 15, 3057 – The Council Meets Again. Benton brings his adjutant. He shows that all of the Liao resistance has been eliminated. He used some nasty tactics, and struck hard, but all Liao cells and terrorists appear to be ended on Epsilon Eridani. Now the repercussions begin. Benton acted without official authority, and Braham Essex ordered him to take action. Now they will be sanctioned, perhaps.

October 16, 3057 – Council President Gloria Freeman host a press-conference and chastises Benton’s actions as a flagrant disregard for the governmental authority. She has ordered him to surrender the troops to local authorities and surrender to the Senate’s Ruling Council.

A few hours later, Braham and Benton host a press conference too.

“Benton did not act without authorization, but he did not have it from the government. I gave it to him.”

“How can you do so?”

“For humanitarian reasons. The death toll is know known at more than 250 people across this planet. How many more brothers and sisters would have died before this government acted? I stepped into the gap that they created in their disorder.”

“It seems like treason.”

“Is it? Then why did the government wait three weeks, until the guerillas were destroyed, before coming out against Benton? If it was treason then, why wait? They clearly wanted the threat to end, but they didn’t want to do it themselves. If ending a anti-Epsilon Eridani threat is treason, then what does that make the complicators of the Council?”

“Benton, thoughts?”

“This Council is a gang of frightened bureaucrats unfit to govern a compost heap.”

“That’s very articulate. Will you submit to them?”

“ I will not submit to their authority now, or ever again. No person in my command will be forced to turn themselves in for defending our home.”

“In fact, I will go one step further. I want everyone in the capital of Madison to leave if you can. I am ordered General Benton to Madison to oust the government temporarily. It’s clearly time for a change here. We’ll have elections to follow. Our record on city fighting is very good, and no one wants one piece of concrete to be destroyed or one hair on the head of a person to be harmed, but we cannot know how the local forces will act. Therefore, Benton will march in, and we will give the people a chance to speak and tell us if we acted improperly or not.”

Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 19 – The capital surrendered without bloodshed. The council is temporarily suspended. New elections are set for two months later, on December 19th. Meanwhile, Braham Essex has taken charge of the planet temporarily.

“The rulers of the Great Houses have not done well by us. Therefore, I believe we must do right by ourselves.” (Benton)

November 1, The Advisory Council meets again. Braham states that he does not believe he went too far. But we will see.

December 19 – Elections are held. Braham Essex, favorite son of Epsilon Eridani, easily wins the election and becomes the ruler of Epsilon Eridani. In the new Senate, Dale Harless is one of only three that are re-elected ,and he becomes the new Council President. Because he rules a world, Braham can know officially take on the title of Duke.

He changes the organization. General Benton changes the Militia to the Eridani Guards, and uses them to keep the world safe from any other incursions from the newly named Chaos March. As one of a few peaceful islands in this roiling mess, commerce increases significantly, as people arrive to trade, and production increases.

And that is how Colonel Braham Essex became Duke Braham Essex through little bloodshed.

End of The Epsilon Eridani Campaign

Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT September 24, 3057 – The first battle of the Clan Refusal War begins on the planet of Colmar.

EVENT September 25, 3057 – The Battle on Hesperus II ends, and Lt. Essex wins a minor medal for taking out five combatants during the various engagements.

EVENT September 26, 3057 – Three Marik regiments jump into the Denebola System, and the Lyran Defenders concede the system, without firing a shot, and leave peacefully. Our unit on Denebola continues to serve out its contract, since it is with a local company, and not the government.

EVENT September 27, 3057 – The Ward forces of saKhan Phelan Kell attack Sudeten to prove that they are in the battle, and then will leave for the Inner Sphere without Jade Falcon knowing. They will arrive at the planet of Arc-Royal, where the Kell Hounds led by Morgan Kell, created the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon. They will form Clan Wolf-in-Exile and work with the Inner Sphere units to fight against the Jade Falcons.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #64
Tellistto
College Prospect

Very happily reading along, Abe. Great stuff!

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Beginning of the First Terra Firma Campaign

Again, like the EE one, we will not use events in this unless needed. However, unlike that one ,this one will have, battles.

Terra Firma is a nearby planet that has a highly diverse economy and it was granted considerable autonomy during the reign of both the Capellans and FedComs. When Katrina asked that Lyran loyalist units return, the defending regiment on Terra Firma and nearby Capolla blasted off and left. The local Liao forces have begin a hit and run operation against various facilities, and these are mech and tank units.

September 28, 3057 – Our units on planet, Brawler Company and Second Vehicle Battalion, are on a garrison contract by local companies that pooled their resources to have us garrison them all. With their planet under attack by forces that are destroyed various industrial enterprises as well as life, we are approached by them. They want to change our contract to a retainer one, and we accept, taking an additional 3 million in cash right now. We are also granted operational command, which means we have the ability to control the battle ourselves.

September 30 – Small local Capellan force arrives to attack a local factory, and out of that factory burst eight vehicles from our company. Their scout lance immediately retreats. Now they know we are on the planet’s side, and battle should slow down.

October 2 – While out patrolling, Brawler Company is attacked by a trio of Liao fighters, which we did not know they had. We shoot down one and the other two fade away.

October 3 – The Blackhearts have arrived on Terra Firma, one battalion of mechs. They were on a contract with the Free Worlds League, and were loaned to the Confederation, who is using them to take the planet. Now we have the local rebels, plus an entire battalion of mechs against one company of mechs, plus a battalion of vehicles. Local garrison have been damaged by the fighting and are not going to be of help.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Very happily reading along, Abe. Great stuff!

Tell

Well get ready, because a ton of campaigns are about to begin!

Old 11-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 5 – We manage to isolate one company of Blackhearts mechs from local intel, and we decide to fight them en masse to try and blast them with good odds. As we begin to fight, we discover that reinforcements are underway. We can only fight for THREE TURNS before we must leave, and we get no salvage.

Brawler Company

BLR-1G BattleMaster
WVR-6R Wolverine
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
STK-3F Stalker

ARC-2R Archer
AWS-8Q Awesome
MLN-1A Merlin
MAD-3R Marauder

JR7-F Jenner
CMT-1 Comet
LCT-1E Locust
STG-3G Stinger

All mechs are level 1, and my pilots are 6 elite, 2 green, 3 regular and 1 veteran

Our foes are all veteran and all mechs a level 2 tech

Bushwacker
STC-2D Striker
MR-5M Cerberus
Hammer
Hollander
Scarabus
WSP-3M Wasp
ASN-23 Assassin
BJ-2 Blackjack
CN9-D Centurion
CDA-3F Cicada
CP-11-A Cyclops

This is their Bushwacker, an oddly shaped mech from the Fed Com that was the feature mech from the BattleTech Cartoon Show from the 90s.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #68
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Great read as always
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Great read as always

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 1 – Lt. Talib Shadi sets up on the left side. We lose init and try to set up in two sets of woods in the northern and southern section of the area. I run the Jenner next to their Assassin. I focus our fire in the Cerberus. Not enough damage dealt though. No one goes internal anywhere.

Turn 2 – We lose init again. Not a lot of moves of interest. We again focus fire on the Cerberus. The Battle Master hits the engine once on hit. Our Marauder tears into the Hollander and hits the gyro twice and it is destroyed. Can’t move. It falls and destroys its CT so it’s really destroyed now. The Cerberus falls and hits its engine once more. They scoured armor off the BattleMaster

Turn 3 – We win init. They run their Scarabus to my Marauder, and I move my Locust to defend it. I move my Jenner over as well. I also hop over the Stinger, Comet and Wolverine. They run their Striker adjacent to my Awesome. Up comes our Thunderbolt and Merlin to help out as well. Their Cerberus rises. Our Comet hits the Scarabus’s engine twice. Our Jenner hits the engine and finishes it off. We destroy the RA of their Cerberus. They go internal on a few mechs but no major hits. Our archer hits three leg actuators on the Cerberus . The Stalker hits the engine a third time on the Cerberus and it is shut down. Their Striker falls. Our Merlin kicks and destroys the Striker’s H and kills the mech and pilot.

We leave before reinforcements arrive, satisfied that we took out two assault and two light mechs. They can get the Cerberus up and running, but with three engine hits and a missing arm, it’s out for a while. They can restore the Striker with a new Head and move a disposed MechWarrior to it, but the lights are down.

Good stuff.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 7 – The Blackhearts unload a battalion of vehicles and tanks as well to help secure the planet, and now we are really under gunned. We have a plan though.

October 8 – Three fighters from the local garrison lift off, and each goes in a different direction. Their defenses find them and chase them, leaving their assets exposed. A DropShip lifts off, and they are unable to inspect it. In five days, it will arrive at the JumpShip in orbit, and from there, jump to Epsilon Eridani to get aid.

Oct 10 – The Capellan guerillas strike at two major civilian targets. The mercs have been staying away from that, and it appears that they have different modus operandi.

Oct 13 – We are forced into another battle when a Liao guerrilla force arrives at the place a tank company is stationed. We must fight this small force, until they withdraw or we do.

Caps

RVN-3L Raven
UM-R63 Urbanmech
CTF-3L Cataphract
Thunder
VTR-C Victor
SHD-5M Shadow Hawk
LCT-1L Locust

Half of the pilots are elite and the other half veteran. The Locust features triple-strength myomer. This is their Thunder, the only newer mech in the mix, and was debuting around 3055. It features an AC 20 and medium pulse lasers.

Vehicle Delta Company

Brutus
Condor
Brutus
Hetzer

Ontos
Hunter
Goblin
LRM Harasser

LRM Ontos
Saracen
Goblin
Condor

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin in the upper left corner, where we are coming out of a building.

Turn 1 – We deploy the LRM vehicles behind buildings. We win init. I send out tanks to scout out the place. I decide to move out the heavy tanks from behind the wall. One Brutus gets a limb blown off crit against the RA of their Locust. Our Hetzer destroys the Locusts’s left leg. A Goblin destroys its LA and LT. Their Shadow hawk stuns the crew in our Hetzer for a turn. Their Locust tumbles.

Turn 2 – We win init. I move in the missile tanks and pull back the Hetzer. I moved the Goblins up towards our foe, and maneuver my tanks behind them. I flank my Condors by their UrbanMech. I make my skid rolls. Their Raven nails the movement on one of my Condors. Their Urbie follows that up by immobilizing it. Indirect fire from the Hunter massages the Locust and destroys its CT section. I intentionally set heir forest on fire that they were hiding in

Turn 3 – We lose init. I make my flanking moves. They move their Raven and Urbie next to the immobile Condor. A Brutus hits the UrbanMech ammo and it explodes. Their Raven destroys the fuel tank on a Goblin and it explodes. Their Urbie does the same to the immobilized Condor.

T 4- We win init. They move their Raven up, and I order my Condor to charger their Shadow hawk. I make my three skid rolls. The Raven lowers the movement on our Ontos LRM version. A Brutus destroys their Raven’s RT which has an XL Engine, dead Raven, and we also destroys its RL and LA. Their Victor stuns the crew of our Condor for three turns. Their Shadow Hawk halves the movement of the Condor. The Condor hits with the charge and blasts the shadow Hawk for 40 damage. We destroyed its LL, hit the hop on the RL< and force it from the field. The Condor is immobilized after the charge damage is taken.

UrbanMech – RA, LL
Locust – H, RT, RL, RA
Raven – missing RT, RL< LA

With three destroyed mechs and a legged mech, the Caps leave. All they did was damage some of our tanks, which can be repaired, and destroyed two outright. We destroyed three of theirs.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oct 15 – The Blackhearts destroy a garrison and the last of the Lyran troops that remained on world are gone. It’s just us and them now.

Oct 16 – Sabotage destroys the wheels on the Hetzer, and it will take a week to repair.

Oct 19 – Brawler Company fires at and blasts two fighters, but is savaged by fighter fire before they arrive in a jungle for cover. They are able to be rearmed with a local cache of supplies the locals squirreled, but the company is out of commission for a few days while that happens.

Oct 22 – Some assets have arrived from Episilon Eridani. Arriving is Arrow Company – the Aerospace Asset, transport, and Flame Battalion of Delta Regiment. With power, they force a landing easily and join the battle after the contract is agreed to be extended to include them.

Oct 23 – Wanting to hit them before they get settled, the Blackhearts have come in power to protest the presence of Flame here. Using vehicles to protect their flank, and with fighters to dogfight with ours, they move in to attack Flame. Because both of us prefer to stay away from population centers or the infrastructure, this battle will not be hampered by buildings, cities or civilians.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The command companies of each dispatch from the battalions and engage.

Blaze Company

ATA-2C Attila
WHM-7S Warhammer
TDR-5S Thunderbolt
DRG-5K Grand Dragon

PPR-5S Salamander
Supernova
Galahad
ARC-2R Archer

FS9-S Firestarter
WSP-3M Wasp
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
HER-2M Hermes II

This includes 7 elite, 4 vet, 1 regular. Only the Archer and Hermes II are not at least level 2 IS tech. Several mechs (Supernova, Galahad, Attila) are clan tech.

Their Lead Company

CES-3R Caesar
CGR-3K Charger
Wolf Trap
WSP-1S Wasp
WHM-7S Warhammer
Venom
Tarantula
STK-3M Stalker
Snake
QKD-5M Quickdraw
GRF-4M Griffin
GHR-5J Grasshopper

All pilots are at least veteran, and all mechs are level 2 tech. The Caesar is elite with 2 Edge, and the Venom is elite.

This is their Tarantula, a light scout mech with a quad design.

Alons-y!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Turn 1 – We lose init. MY Grand Dragon opens the leg of their Tarantula and nails two actuators. Our Supernova destroys the RA of their Grasshopper and lances its Head with the ER Large laser, and nails the sensors there. Their Quickdraw gets a through armor critical, hit the LRM ammo on the Grand Dragon, and the ammo explodes. CASE stops it. The LT is destroyed, and the mech, with its XL engine, is shut down. Our Attila nails the gyro on their Venom twice and destroys its RA. Kill for us. Our Warhammer falls.

Turn 2 – We win init this time. I move the Salamander into a sniping post in heavy woods. I stand my ‘Hammer and back it up. Their Venom cannot rise, due to the destroyed gyro. Their Caeser hit stwo leg actuators on our Warhammer. Our Attila blasts the RT of their Tarantula and destroys the mech, engine shutdown. Their Charger nails the engine and gyro once each on the Warhammer. Their Quickdraw hits the SRM ammo on the Wasp and it ias caught by CASE and the Mech is now missing its left side. A Gauss Slug from our Galahad hit she SRM 2 ammo on the Grasshopper and it does not have CASE so BOOM! Their Griffin destroys the RT of the Warhammer

Turn 3 – We lose init. I eject the Wasp and Warhammer pilots. I jump our PXH behind their Wolf Trap. An ER PPC from their Caesar hits the head of our Attila and nails the Life Support there. A Medium Pulse Laser from their Charger smashes the H and our Captain dies and the H of the Atilla is destroyed. Our Salamander hits the engine twice and destroys the LT of their Stalker. Our Archer follows with a third engine hit and their Stalker is out of commission.

Turn 4 – We win init. They have gotten very lucky – two head hits in a row, a through armor critical to take out a mech, and a Warhammer that fell when it needed a 4 to stay standing, which forced it to not have enough movement to keep it out of line of fire the next turn. They have take out our Wasp, Grand Dragon, Warhammer and Attila, and we have blasted their Tarantula, Venom, Grasshopper and Stalker. We still have two assaults to form around – Supernova and Salamander, plus Archer, Thunderbolt and Galahad, so we’ll be okay, but this is a terrible toll. We have to blast the rest of their heavy metal – Charger, Warhammer, Caesar, to establish more dominance. Or else take out several smaller guys, like their Wasp and Wolf Trap all at once. We just lost our Captain of the Battalion. But we are trained too well. Sgt Rebecca Cooke int e Salamander immediately takes over. I “exposed” my Supenova by walking beside a hill and they took the bait, moving their Warhammer above it. I run my Thunderbolt behind the Warhammer. My Hermes II goes in the space behind the T-Bolt. Our Galahad destroys the RA and RT of their Wasp. Our Supernova follows by destroying its CT. They go internal in a Supernova arm but hit nothing, and we go internal in the Quickdraw but hit nothing. Our Thunderbolt kicks, hit she Warhammer’s LL, and gets a limb blown off critical and it is down. It kicks and hits the Arm of the Supernova. The ‘Hammer destroys its LA in the fall.

T5 – I lose init. Their Warhammer can’t get up. My feint worked, and I hop the Supernova back. Their Wolf Trap is flanking me on the left flank where my Archer and Galahad rest. I move the Hermes II back ther eot assist in fending off their guy, since my Archer is very overheat. I move my Phoenix Hawk down their flank onteh opposite side as their Wolf Trap. Their Griffin joins the Wolf Trap in flanking me. Smart. My Galahad flips its arms and buries slugs into the Wolf Trap, hopefully. It works, and the Galahad gets a limb blown off on its LA. Both their Snake and Wolf Trap tumble under weapons fire. Their Griffin misses a kick on my Hermes II and falls too.

T6 – We win init. I suspect this will be the turn we definitively win. With four of their mechs on the ground, plus their downed mechs, they will have little movement available, who knows what damage will be done in failed attempts to stand, and we are going to have a chance to take out two mechs if I play my cards right. The Warhammer fails to stand, and the pilot blacks out in the fall. I hop the Firestarter over. I run in the Phoenix hawk early beside their Caesar, to force him away to to deal with the flanking Phoenix hawk, so that I can spend my time exposing the bigger mechs to try and blast my downed foes. Their Snake rises and runs next to my Salamander. The WTrap stands and runs away. The Griffin rises as well. I run the Hermes II behind their Charger. I want to take out the QD this turn, but they hid it behind some trees. The Archer destroys the Wolf Trap’s CT. AA few kicks ensue, no one falls.

T7 – We lose init. My Archer, Thunderbolt and Supernova all have serious damage taken, so I order my Galahad to stay still this turn and draw fire. Everyone else will move, save for the Salamander, safe in its cocoon. They pull the Quickdraw out and I chase it with my Supernova. I want to finish it while I can. Our Salamander destroys both arms of the Griffin. Our Galahad the RA of their Quickdraw. Our Thunderbolt punches the Griffin, destroys its RT and it shuts down due to an XL Engine

With that, our enemy’s four remaining mechs leave – Snake, Charger, Caesar, and Quickdraw.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grand Dragon missing LT
Wasp missing LT
Warhammer missing RT, hit legs, gyro
Attila missing H

Venom, missing RA, gyrox2
Tarantula, actuator damage, missing RT
Stalker missing LT, 3x engine
Warhammer, missing LA
Griffin, missing RT, RL, LA

Grasshopper RA, LL
Wasp H, LL, RL, LT, LA
Wolf Trap H, LA, RA, LL, RL ,LT, RT

We lost our Captain. It will take a lot of money to repair, rearmor and rearm our guys, as well as theirs – this was a slogging fest.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Because of the length of this battle, both of our remaining companies face up against theirs.

Ember Company

ATA-2C Attila
CGR-1A5 Charger
GAL-1GLS Gallowglas
ON1-K Orion

APL-1M Apollo
Masakari C
Vulture C
TBT-7A Trebuchet

QKD-5K Quickdraw
STY-3C Starslayer
SDR-5V Spider
DRT-4S Dart

They have:

HBK-5N Hunchback
HUR-WO-R4M Huron Warrior
JM- 6DD JagerMech
TBT-7M Trebuchet
MDG-1A Rakshasa
PTR-4D Penetrator
ON1-M Orion
NGS-4S Nightsky
LCT-3S Locust
JR7-K Jenner
DVS-2 Devastator
CRD-4L Crusader

They are all vets and all mechs are level 2 tech. They have just one assault mech, the 100 ton Devastator, but they have a lot of solid heavies, save for the sucky JagerMech. Crusader, Orion, Penetrator, Rakshasa – great mechs. Mediums are strong too – Huron Warrior, Hunchback, Trebuchet, Nightsky – these are good mechs. This is their Nightsky, a brawler medium mech, with a hatchet, one large pulse laser, two medium pulse lasers, one small pulse laser, 6/9/6 movement on a 50 ton chassis, XL engine (yuck), good armor.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

T 1 – I win init. The map has trees on the west edge, and hills by her. Our Apollo begins in some light woods and does not move. I position the Trebuchet as well. I focus fire on their exposed JagerMech. The Masakari destroys it when its CT section is destroyed by the clan omnimech. Our Trebuchet goes critical on their Orion;s CT section after sanding off armor by missile mechs. Their Orion took more than 80 damage and our Trebuchet more than 40, everybody makes their rolls.

T2 – We win init. I ease back the Trebuchet a bit, since it took heavy fire. I jump the Quickdraw by their Locust . Our Vulture nails the gyro once on their Orion. An AC20 shell blasts the LL of their Trebuchet and it is destroyed. Our Masakari finishes the Orion after hitting its SRM4 ammo and it explodes, with CASE and with an XL Engine. Subsequent fire destroys other parts and it was compaletey obliterated. The only parts left were a leg and a head. Our Attila hits the Locust and destroys its RT, RL hit the gyro four times and the engine three. Weapons fire goes internal on my Spider, and the Attila and their Trebuchet fall.

T3 – We lose init. I move the Masakari up beside a one level hill as I push them deeply, and hop someone will come out from their woods areas to take that shot with a kick on the head. Their TBT does not get up. No one takes the Masakari bait. I hop the Quickdraw to their Trebuchet. The Attila rises. Our Quickdraw hits the LRM ammo on their downed Trebuchet and blows off the LT with an engine shutdown. Our Gallowglas destroys the RA of their Jenner. After a lot of fire at their Rakshasa, our Attila hits the engine twice, the gyro twice and destroys the LL. Our Orion falls, but they leave, having failed to take out any of our mechs and losing five of their own.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:25 PM   #79
Tellistto
College Prospect

Now that's more like it!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

JagerMech H, RT, LT, RA, LA, LL, RL
Orion H and LL

Locust missing RT, RL, 4xgyro, 3x engine
Trebuchet, missing LT, LL
Rakshasa, missing LL, 2xgyro, 2xengine

Good job Ember Company

Old 11-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Now that's more like it!

Old 11-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The next battle is between Pyre Company and her foes.

Pyre

BLR-1D BattleMaster
CTF-3L Cataphract
ANV-3M Anvil
WVR-6M Wolverine

AWS-9M Awesome
ARC-2R Archer
APL-1M Apollo
GOL-1H Goliath

WTC-3D Watchman
COM-2D Commando
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
FS9-M Firestarter

Our foes:

Bushwacker
STC-2D Striker
MR-5M Cerberus
Hammer
Hollander
ASN-23 Assassin
BJ-2 Blackjack
CN9-D Centurion
CDA-3F Cicada
CP-11-A Cyclops

CTF-3L Cataphract
Thunder
VTR-C Victor

We are facing the remnants of both of the units we fought against earlier, and they have 13 total mechs arrayed against our 12.

This is their Hollander, a light mech with nothing but a Gauss Cannon.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin in the north and they in the south.

Turn 1 – We lose init. I move my Archer, Goliath and Apollo into good sniper positions. I focus fire on their Victor. Our Apollo gets a RL blown off crit on the Victor and its down. No one else falls. My Awesome and Archer took some love.

T2 – We lose init. The Victor tries to stand, falls, and the pilot blacks out. I rush my Firestarter next to it. I move the Watchman to a space a few hexes away from the Victor as well. I fire the Firestarter and Watchman at the Victor’s H and hope to hit it a few times, perhaps even destroy it. It works, and the Firestarter finishes the Victor. Our Awesome blasts the Hollander and nails both an engine and gyro once each. The Apollo finishes with another hit on each and the double gyro hit takes it down. Our Goliath ignites the ammo on their Hammer and it goes up. No CASE, dead mech. Our BattleMaster hits the ammo on their Blackjack and it goes up. No CASE either. A pellet from their Centurion’s LB 10-X gets a through armor critical on our Cataphract’s H, nails the cockpit and kills the pilot.

T3 – We win init. I run our Commando near their Cicada. I move many of my mechs up and push. Now that I’m up in the mech count, I want to push their position and end this. I have a pincer movement with mechs on one side led by Anvil, Phoenix Hawk and Watchman and on the other with a Commando, Awesome, and Wolverine. I rush the Firestarter behind their Centurion. The MASC on their Cataphract freezes. A Guass Slug from their Cerberus smashes nad destroys our BattleMaster’s LA. Our Commando blows up their Bushwacker’s RA. AC20 from their Thunder legs my Commando by destroying its RL. A laser from our Phoenix Hawk lances forth and ignites the ammo in the Centurion and it goes up. It has CASE but the engine yadda yadda. Our Apollo nails the engine twice on their Assassin. None of our mechs tumbles, but their Assassin does. Their Assassin is too hot, and it shuts down, since engine hits add 5 heat per hit every turn. With another mech out and a mech currently shut down, they fade away, and we win the field.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Victor missing H
Hollander, 2xengine, 2xgyro
Centurion, missing RT
Assassin, 2x engine

Hammer LA, RA
Blackjack LA, RL

Fix our Cataphract, BattleMaster, Commando

Having won all three battles of this fight, the enemy retreats in good order, and we keep the field.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #85
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

October 28, 3057 – After having lost the battle, the Capellan forces turn to more guerilla tactics, blowing up various places on planet. The mercs are licking their wounds.

October 29 – A violent bombing at a private school kills 28 children as well as teachers, staff and others.

October 31 – Disgusted by the actions of their fellow Caps, the CO of the Blackhearts has contacted us. Field promoted Capt. Hrothgar Bjornnson, performing the role after the death of our Captain in battle, takes the call. The Blackhearts are fed up with the guerrilla actions, and are using an unusual term in their contract to leave. They signed with Marik, and they have no desire to fight alongside guerillas for Liao against civilians. They ask to lift off, and we offer to give them their prisoners of war we captured, and they left off and head away. Now it’s just us and the local Capellan Forces.

November 16 – As of today, we have routed out the remaining Capellan forces, after receiving some secret intel from the Blackhearts to help us find the Capellan guerrillas. We have scoured Terra Firma of the Capellan forces right now, and the planet did get some damage from the fighting before we intervened as well as well as various bombings. A few DropPorts are down, as are many other places.

Contract and financials time for this mission

Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is our current contract, and Flame Battalion fought, technically, for the local companies, since that was who our deal was with. Since they don’t have money for all of the battle loss on other fields, we agree to take all salvage, and we also

Changes:

Captain Hrothgar, of Ember Company, is given the position permanently

New MechWarriors recruited to replace those dead:

William Oehser, veteran, Pyre Company’s Cataphract, replaces an elite pilot

Peri Llewellyn, veteran, Attila in Blaze Company, replaces an elite pilot

In Blaze – Esther Goldberg promoted to Sergeant, and Rebecca Cooke to Lieutenant.

Our Mechs and Tanks fixed:

Cataphract, BattleMaster, Commando, Attila, Grand Dragon, Wasp, Warhammer Cost – to repair these – 15.87 mill

Cost to repair, replace and rearm my mechs normally – 3.45 mill (things such as repairing engine hits, replacing actuators, replacing armor, and getting new ammo)

Goblin and Condor tanks destroyed. Replaced by two empty ones from our garrison.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our cost is 19.32 mill to repair and fix my mechs and tanks.

What we gained, body part wise:

Hammer LA, RA
Blackjack LA, RL
JagerMech H, RT, LT, RA, LA, LL, RL
Orion H and LL
Grasshopper RA, LL
Wasp H, LL, RL, LT, LA
Wolf Trap H, LA, RA, LL, RL ,LT, RT

We never found the body parts the Caps salvaged from the battle with Delta Tank Company.

We gathered these mechs and fixed them up:

VTR-C Victor
CN9-D Centurion
ASN-23 Assassin
Hollander
LCT-3S Locust
TBT-7M Trebuchet
MDG-1A Rakshasa
WHM-7S Warhammer
Venom
Tarantula
STK-3M Stalker
GRF-4M Griffin

To fix them all – 17.5, and rearm and repair, 7.5

25 mill to get their stuff up and running.

Total costs – 44.32 mill to fix and repair everything. The companies pay us 10 million, and we agree to modify our contract as a result. We are now working for ourselves on planet, in coordination with the local interests. The government was splintered when the Chaos March began, and there are individual lords that have declared for Steiner, Davion and Liao. With no central authority on Terra firma right now, the four mech companies and the vehicle battalion, plus Arrow Company will continue to establish order.

The interim governor of Epsilon Eridani orders troops to remain on Terra Firma under his control for now. He also dispatches five troops of regular infantry to help keep the peace.

End of the First Terra Firma Campaign

Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #88
Tellistto
College Prospect

Hah, expansion!

Time to take over another planet, me thinks!

Tell

Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay

Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Chaos March Update –

Many worlds are embroiled in major battles, or one or others have won or lost battles already. A few states have emerged in just a couple of months. We expect more to emerge from the area.

The Blackhearts were also on the nearby world of Capolla, another well developed economic world. It has suffered some losses as well. The Blackhearts took out local forces, because they did not face us, and now have left to join their other unit and head out. Capolla is undergoing major battles with the guerillas blasting locals. On neither Capolla nor Terra Firma, the guerilla actions have not gained the loyalty of the populace as expected. Again, local nobles have sided with one side or the other, and about two companies of mechs are on each side fighting.

Other planets engaged in major battles include Acamar, Sheratan, New Home, and many others.

October 15 – The contract with the mining interests is up, and the first Tank Battalion makes us 2.5 mill in C-Bills.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT October 28, 3057 – It took longer than expected due to technical issues, but the prototypes of the Bumblebee are completed, and its tests work well. They commission a full run of the Mech, which should be ready in three months.

November 6, 3057 – A merchant JumpShip arrives in the Sirius system and is threatened to be destroyed if it does not immediately leave. It jumps out after paying for a jump and then reports it.

EVENT November 10, 3057 – With very lucrative contracts going on in the Chaos March, Brion’s Legion, a two regiment mercenary force garrisoning Terra decides to finish their contract and head out, rather than re-upping their deal with ComStar to assist in defending the planet. Aftre considering their options, ComStar decides to hire another mercenary unit to defend Terra.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EVENT November 19, 3057 – After being used as cannon fodder on Hsien by the Capellan Confederation forces in their attack on the Sarna March, famous mercenary unit 12st Centauri Lancers break their contract and announce that they are again available for hire. Seeing an opportunity, Word of Blake intelligence decides to initiate a major plan to retake Terra. There is a list of finalists for the Terra job, and we are one of the five final selections – but Braham Essex’s recent foray into politics diminishes us from an obvious choice to a reduced one. Also on that list is the 21st.

November 20 – After receiving and communicating with forces on Capolla, Braham Essex agrees to send in forces to assist in their battle. More and more of the local economy are being destroyed, and they need help soon. No one from the great houses is assisting, but with Braham as the new temporary ruler of Epsilon Eridani, just a few light years away, we can lend them aid. Braham agrees, and dispatches troops to help. Amazon and Rheim Battalions from Beta Regiment will arrive in system at land on Capolla on December 1.

EVENT November 30, 3057 - After some subtle manipulating by Word of Blake intel, ComStar selects the 21st Centauri Lancers as their replacement for Brion’s Legion, and they will garrison Terra for five years. Over the next month, Word of Blake forces land on the homeworld of the Lancers, capture the families of the Lancers, move them off world and hold them ransom. They force the 21st to give the Word their forces, names, and so forth, and promise to release their families if they comply. The Word of Blake has inserted themselves as the 21st Lancers.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Beginning of the First Capolla Campaign

We will follow the exploits of Mustang, Hex, Raven, Aleph, Laser and Sabre Companies on Capolla.

In order to hide our arrival, we land in six separate places. Almost 40% of the DropPorts have been destroyed by fighting or guerilla attacks. This is not a contract, but an independent effort by Braham Essex to assist Capolla’s increasingly large independent movement against the handful of nobles who are destroying their planet in the effort to grab for power. The mechs on planet are estimated to number around 30 or 40 in various militaries. We have local assistance for supplies, armor, ammo and intel. Our goal is to smash the forces of all of the various forces on world before they continue to destroy the infrastructure and people.

Our first target are the pro-liao forces, whose guerrillas are doing the majority of the damage, To enable us to surprise them, we are quietly led, powered down, to six different locations. They are areas that are suspected to e major targets by guerrila forces. Instead of patrolling them to find people before they strike, we are going to come alive and surprise the Caps and smash whatever military forces they possess.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December 4 – This plan works very well, because we already have a Cap force that moves in and attacks a fuel depot a mile and a half from where we are powered down but ready to rock. The nearby Company is Mustang. They move out, and head to the Caps, who are completely surprised and very overwhelmed.

The Caps have just trucks, a few small light military vehicles, and infantry, it takes about fifteen minutes to capture or destroy them all and turn them over to local authorities. Now that Mustang is known to be on planet, we move that company out to try and find the local Cap guerrilla forces.

Dec 6 – A hospital that houses both wounded soldiers and civilians in a pro-independence area is destroyed by Cap forces.

Dec 7 – Another trap is sprung as Hex Company has multiple mechs lighting up in its central train depot for the area. It warms up and moves out to face the outnumber Liao forces.

Hex Company

BLR-1G BattleMaster
DRG-1G Grand Dragon
VND-1R Vindicator
KTO-18 Kintaro

ON1-K Orion
BNC-3E Banshee
WTH-1 Whitworth
ENF-4R Enforcer

SDR-5V Spider
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk
THE-S Thorn
COM-2D Commando

Our foes:

RVN-3L Raven
TDR-9S Thunderbolt
ATA-2 Attila
CLPT-C1b Catapult
VT-5M Vulcan
STG-5M Stinger
GLT-5M Guillotine
DRT-3S Dart
Tempest

All are vet save the Raven, who is elite. Ironically, we are facing an Attila that was once our mech design only, before Kressly Warworks made and sold them. Here is their Tempest, a 65 ton mech with 4/6/4 movement, almost max armor, XL engine, 11/22 heat, gauss rifle, large pulse laser, SRM6 and 3x medium lasers.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin on the south and they on the north. We want to kill as many as we can. We are facing nine mechs with twelve, so the numbers are in our favor. I need to take out the Raven, it helps them with its ECM suite raid and blast stuff. We are fighting over road, railroad, trees, and gentle hills.

T1 – We win ini. I have the Whitworth in heavy woods, the only one on our side of the map. The train tracks run from the upper left 30% area to the lower right 30%. I rush my Phoenix Hawk past the tracks on the right. The road goes from the south center to north center. I focus my fire on their Raven but don’t manage to hit it barely at all.

T2 – We win init. The move their Dart next to a hill and I hop our Phoenix Hawk adjacent to it on the hill. With my numbers advantage I push my mechs forward into their position even more, much more than I would normally do. They move their Raven behind a small one level hill. No Raven attacking now, so I want to concentrate on another target. They pull back other mechs as well, as I push forward. I run my Commando to a hill next to their Thunderbolt, to give me a punting chance on its head. No skids. The Commando and BattleMaster are the only mechs with a good line of sight on the Raven and I fire at it from them. The Commando blows off the Raven’s RA in a Limb Blown Off crit. The BattleMaster destroys its RT which shuts it down – XL, and also destroys its LA and RL. Our Orion and their Tempest took damage – both are standing still. Our Phoenix Hawk misses a kick and falls. The Commando made its kick.

Turn 3 - We win init. They rush their Dart next to my Whitworth and I decide to keep it there without moving it. I stand and run my Phoenix Hawk back 6 hexes. Now I am backing up my mechs a bit. I don’t want a scrum. They huddle mostly in the north west corner. We focus fire on their Thunderbolt, but two fire at the Dart. The Whitworth’s medium laser destroys the RA of their Dart. Our Spider hits the SRM ammo on their Thunderbolt and CASE keeps it from destroys the mech – No more LT or LA. It falls and the pilot blacks out. After being kicked and missing one, their Dart falls.

T4 – We win init. Now I push even further with my mechs. Their Dart stands and runs away from the Whitworth. I move our Phoenix Hawk behind their Dart. I rush my Grand Dragon by their Thunderbolt. Our Commando nails an engine and gyro on the Dart once each. The Phoenix Hawk destroys its CT. Our Grand Dragon decapitates the Thunderbolt. Our Kintaro blasts the LA of their Tempest and destroys it. Our Banshee hits the machine gun ammo on their Vulcan, and without CASE, it lights up the sky. It’s ammo and engine explode massively and the Spider takes 24 damage and other mechs of mine take some as well. No parts survive of the Vulcan’s/ Nobody falls.

T5 – With just five mechs left, our foes begin to move out. We have one last turn to blast them before they leave. We lose init. Our Spider is savaged badly, and was lucky to survive the last round. It had 2 points internal in the CT, 3 in the RT, and 1 in the LT, plus its internal in both legs. I hop It into some nearby woods. I rush my Kintaro to the rear of their Tempest. It blasts the rear armor and hits the engine once of the mech. We focus fire ion their Catapult which com esto fruition when our Comet hits the LRM ammo and it goes up. CASE keeps it from dying, no XL engine, but the mech falls and the pilot blacks out. Their Attila blasts the RT and RA of my Orion and destroys them. Our Kintaro kicks the Tempest, and destroys its badly damaged LL, which damage travels to the LT, goes internal, and hits the engine there twice and shuts it down. Our Comet managed to kick the Head of their Stinger, and now there is just internal structure there, but nothing more. Our Grand Dragon shuts down from overheating and will take a few minutes to cool down enough to restart. Meanwhile, the three remaining Cap mechs have managed to escape.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Raven, missing RT, RL, LA
Thunderbolt missing H, LT, reattach LA
Catapult, missing RT
Tempest, missing LL, RA

Dart H, LL, RL, RT, LT, LA

Orion, missing RT, RA

Level Up

Raymond Diggs, in the Kintaro, now has Edge: 1

Tanya Meekins, in the Grand Dragon, is now elite

We destroyed or captured 6 of their mechs, but the other three won’t need more than a few hours to keep them up and running.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December 8 – Having been activated by the battle, the closest mech unit, Raven Company, is activated, and pursues the three mechs. Local scouts and intel have followed the mechs and traced them to some nasty canyons. Raven Company arrives to check out the area, and mag sensors pick up several nearby mechs. We jump in, and there are five Capellan mechs here, plus about four powered down vehicles. The three mechs we chased and another two light mechs – an UrbanMech and a Locust. They have violated one of the basic rules of military amps, and boxed themselves into a canyon with only one exit. We approach, and our twelve mechs easily outclass their three lights, one assault, and one heavy. We radio them and offer surrender, we will take them, their mechs and tanks, and the other prisoners of war, and ship them off planet to a nearby Liao system where they will be released. We captured their CO in the Raven and their XO was killed in the Thunderbolt, so they are demoralized, and they agree.

The major Capellan Threat on Capolla is over.

The next target are the pro-Steiner forces still on planet. While most left a couple of months ago, a few local lords who are pro-Steiner are using their personal military to express themselves violently. While the Liao forces were the worst in terms of terrorism, all other forces need to be destroyed as well, or else the planet will still be under the threat of war.

December 11 – We have located the three major palaces of the three leaders of the pro-Steiner movement. Expecting good defense on each, we strike out with three companies at dusk, expecting that these nobles will use their mechs and tanks for support of their position. Atone of these, we discover that our intel was weak, and the noble was informed of our coming, and the compound is deserted. At the other two, someone is home.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Aleph Company is moving in on the northmost palace, when it is interdicted by a combined force of mechs, vehicles, and infantry, with two VTOLs buzzing overhead. Here are our foes:

Because of her duties right now on EE, Sergeant Adele Thompson is not with the unit, and so we have the normal 12 mechs instead of the 13 this company has.

Our foes

Watchman
2x Sentry
WTh-1 Whitworth
WLF-1 Wolfhound
CP-10-Q Cyclops

3x Laser Motorized Platoons

2x Peregrine Attack VTOL

Drillson heavy Hover Tank
Harasser Missile Platform
Maxim heavy Hover Tank
Ontos Heavy Tank
2x Savannah Master Hover Tanks

The Whitworth, Cyclops and Wolfhound are not level 2 tech

Here is their Sentry, a brand new garrison mech designed for FedCom use. It has a PPC, 4x machine guns, a flame, two small pulse lasers, its 40 tons, 5/8/5 movement, 10/20 heat sinks, CASE, max armor, no XL engine. It’s a good anti-infantry mech and a nice cheap mech. It’s not a very strong anti-mech mech. It debuted last year. Like the Watchman, it is designed to be a cheap mech to fill out garrisons. (However, I think the Watchman is good enough for front line use, but I don’t think that of the Sentry).

(We are using the CityTech map from FAFSA, in case you were wondering)

Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We begin in the northeast corner and our foes in the north west.

Turn 1 – We win initiative without having to use Capt. Aurelia Jenson’s tactical genius. I camp my Archer and Griffin into two heavy woods. A Savannah master skids, but they make all of their skid rolls are made. Our BattleMaster destroys a Savannah master’s left side. Our Archer nails the Peregrine with an LRM20 volley and bring sit down and crashes to the ground. The Awesome eviscerates the front of their Harasser Missile Platform, our Champion destroys front of their other Savannah master.

Turn 2 – We lose init. Missile fire savages their two Sentryies – one is blasted by our Awesome and loses its LA and the other is legged by the LRM 10 on our Griffin. It falls hard. They get a through armor critical on the Masakari and nail a PPc slot, so it won’t work until we can repair it. We immobilized, permanently, their Maxim and stun the crew on their Ontos for two turns.

Turn 3 – We lose init. Our foes crash their Peregrine into a nearby hill after a burst of wind hits it and it tried to cut too closely to the ground. Weapons fire destroys the RA of our Javelin. We respond by blasting the RT and RL off their Watchman. As this turn ends, a large company of conventional fighters moves in and begins strafing. We are forced to concede the battlefield to the locals, but we badly damage many.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Destroyed sides: Savannah masterx2, Harasser,

Repair – Javelin 10N, arm

Level Up:

Su Yuan, in the Champion, is now a 2/2 pilot