Thomkal
Head Coach

Must See holiday commercial

5 minute long tear jerker from Chevrolet to get us in the holiday mood:

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/stat...03784582951025

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:52 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I feel like after my post in the Random Thoughts thread, this is going to be the equivalent of a Rickroll.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 02:52 PM   #3
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I detest that ad.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:22 PM   #4
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I detest that ad.

why?
Old 12-01-2023, 08:22 PM   #5
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
why?

It feels exploitative and emotionally manipulative....and to be clear, and fair to you, I am talking about being ambushed by it while watching a football game, it's certainly not as offensive when presented as a link, with an introduction, that I can choose to click on or not. I don't want those feelings/memories summoned up at the whim of Chevrolet and the NFL.

...but most of all I hate the implication that you can force Alzheimer's to have any kind of happy ending if you only put in enough love/Christmas/Chevrolet spirit. But again, I only watched the 1-2 minute add that I've been ambushed with during football. Maybe the 5 minute ad ends with mom going back into a fugue state and everybody emotionally devastated, for all I know.

Having said all of that, those are just my personal feelings and I certainly don't mean that to judge anyone who has a positive reaction to that ad.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 12-01-2023 at 08:39 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 08:58 PM   #6
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
It feels exploitative and emotionally manipulative....and to be clear, and fair to you, I am talking about being ambushed by it while watching a football game, it's certainly not as offensive when presented as a link, with an introduction, that I can choose to click on or not. I don't want those feelings/memories summoned up at the whim of Chevrolet and the NFL.

...but most of all I hate the implication that you can force Alzheimer's to have any kind of happy ending if you only put in enough love/Christmas/Chevrolet spirit. But again, I only watched the 1-2 minute add that I've been ambushed with during football. Maybe the 5 minute ad ends with mom going back into a fugue state and everybody emotionally devastated, for all I know.

Having said all of that, those are just my personal feelings and I certainly don't mean that to judge anyone who has a positive reaction to that ad.

I can understand why you feel ambushed by it during a football game. I probably reacted to it emotionally because my dad Parkinson's like disease which claimed his life several years ago left him basically unable to communicate or move much let alone drive through town to revisit past good memories.Of course with Alzheimer's and the like, such "good" days are not likely to happen, but it was nice to think Christmas or any holiday that means something to the people affected could get them to break free for one day.

No judgment from me on how it made you feel sloppy.