Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Dwarf Fortress Dynasty

Howdy! I'm going to be writing a DF dynasty soon, and have this as a placeholder.

I will need six brave souls who will follow Neon Chaos into the depths of hell in search of glory!

All I need from you is a name for your dwarf!

Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Grimbeard
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

Nameloot
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
gi
College Prospect

Moher reporting
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
Eilim
High School Varsity

Uafasach (preferably a miner) reporting for duty... Wheres the still? What, its not up yet? *grumble*
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #6
Koprnkc
n00b

Nimble Needlenose at your service.
Koprnkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Kopper Koin
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 PM   #8
aran
High School Varsity

I guess I'll be the last one:

Grimgeld Stonegirth: Administrator guy who does all the fun organization/trading crap before the nobles move in a dispossess him of all his power.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #9
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I have the following dwarves to come along with Neon Chaos:

Grimbeard
Nameloot
Moher
Uafasach
Nimble Needlenose
Kopper Koin

aran, unfortunately Grimgeld Stonegirth will have to be added in the first migration wave.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:51 AM   #10
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Tekkud Emen, The Picks of Strength
Expedition Journal
1st Granite, 1051

We have arrived. We have ventured far into the north in search for the fabled fire mountain, and we have found it: The Matched Sly Volcano of Breaking. Myself and the six dwarves that I hand-picked have journeyed long and hard in search of this place.

We shall name our outpost Nil Ziril, The Hammer of Fire.

Work waits! Stike The Earth!

Signed: Neon Chaos, expedition leader

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 02-12-2008 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #11
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Expedition Journal
2nd Granite, 1051

The journey to the fire mountain was an arduous one. I was only consoled by the fact that I had personally handpicked the stout and sturdy dwarves that had accompanied me.

Uafasach, a fellow miner and trusted friend. Together, we had carved out many a great mountain. He joins me in this quest for wealth, glory, and immortality.

We are the only two men in this expedition... surrounded by the bravest dwarven females I could muster (a dwarf is only as good as the women he has for labor, you know.)

Grimbeard, the Carpenter. Yes, she was a woman. No, it doesn't bother me that she had a healthy beard. I happen to find it sexy. She is a free spirit, that one, always complaining about the royalty and such. I think that's why she came along... to break free of the nobles in our old mountain home.

Needlenose, the Mason. She hardly says much, and whenever she talks, she blabbers about the most mundane things. I guess she has her reasons for accepting this post, however, I hear she is a mason of skill, and we surely need one of those.

Moher, the Stonecrafter. The overconfident blabbermouth of the group. She and Grimbeard get along quite nicely, perhaps a bit too nicely.

Nameloot and Koin, the Farmers. Grouchy and selfish, Nameloot is. Koin is her complete opposite. Still, it's fun to see them argue about how to best plant a plump helmet!

They are my handchosen few. Perhaps we shall make a fortress of fame and fortune rise from depths the fire mountain, yet!

Work is at hand, however, we have dug deep, and everyone is finally looking at where they can build their workshops.

It is only time until we reach the heart of the fire-mountain... from there, anything can happen!

Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #12
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Expedition Journal
26th Felsite, 1051

Spring has just finished, and we have a lot to show for the past three months. Walls have been erected around the main entrance shaft, a general work area has been completed, and the living quarters have been carved out to plan for those who might come.

So far, we have not found any minerals or ore veins in the mountain. I am, however, confident that we shall find them soon enough.

Koin has basically taken over all the stockpile recording duties. It's a good thing she's interested in them, as I don't have the time nor the patience to count how much food, or stocks we might have.

This dwarven wine that Nameloot has been brewing from her plump helmet farm tastes nice. Not as good as the one I'm used to at home, but it will do. Of course, I always tell her with a straight face that it's probably the tastiest thing that's ever touched my lips.

We are yet to tap into the magma that lies right next to the cavernous hall that we have dug into the mountain... we will, though... soon.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 02-13-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #13
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Nil Ziril, in pictures:

The entrance aboveground, taken in Autumn. No, those are not goblins. Those are mountain goats. I was scared too.

Nil Ziril is currently only on one Z-level, and is divided into three distinct areas. The living quarters, pre-made for 100 dwarves where I can be seen to the Dwarf Liason (White @). The Work Area, which includes a Carpentry, Masonry, Crafts Workshop, Still, and a Mechanics Shop. And the Farm/Dining/Trade area, where you can see the the merchants are mingling about their wares.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 02-14-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #14
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Expedition Journal
25th Limestone, 1051

Kivish Knifeportents, the dwarven liason assigned to our expedition group arrived with merchants in tow. We traded most of the crude rock crafts we had created in exchange for food to last us through the winter.

He called me Reg Tindied... but I no longer go by that name. I am Neon Chaos, the founder of Nil Ziril, and, soon to be, the tamer of the fire mountain.

I haggle for more supplies next autumn... and Kivish asks me if we can give them more crafts such as toy hammers and the like. With a grin, I gave him my solemn word... after all, alunite and basalt toys for food was truly a bargain.

Winter is nearing... only two months away... we must prepare for the cold.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #15
Eilim
High School Varsity

Just wanted to chime in and say great job with the dynasty so far. Has me geared up to load DF myself and embark on yet another fortress attempt.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #16
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

It's a great game, Eilim. Seriously fun and addictive. It has a steep learning curve, but once you get past that, you just get into the sturdy little dwarves' lives.

Expedition Journal
10th Obsidian, 1051

It is late winter. During the autumn months, I saw the ponds outside evaporate slowly until they were only half-full. The storms during the rain before the cold season refilled them. This delighted me. We have a replenishable source of water... certainly a commodity that would come handy in the future.

We dig deeper now, but not yet to disturb the fire mountain or it treacherous magma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Expedition Journal
17th Obsidian, 1051

The rumours were true. A chasm in the depths of the fire mountain!

Two days ago, I broke through the rought basalt wall with my pick and, as it crumbled before my very eyes, saw the enormous cavern plunging into the center of the earth itself.

Far off on the other side of the cavern... I saw a creature... it was like none I had ever seen. I quietly watched as it stood there, not noticing me or the frenzied digging by Uafasach behind me. The damn thing was made of solid iron!!!

Not sooner than I had assessed the gravity of the situation, something fluttered in the distance... a cave swallowman! It hovered near the iron man and appeared to give it tribute.

I order Needlenose the mason to rewall the small hole I had just built.

We can still hear the flapping of the cave swallowman's wings... but I fear more of the creature made of pure iron than some winged beast.

We have lovingly named the swallowman Mistem Onolniles. The man of iron... we are yet to name him out of fear.

The fire mountain is indeed treacherous... I can only imagine what lies beneath the fiery heart of magma that we are about to tap into for the next year.