Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I take it that's St. John's arena? If you win, would love to see you play the final.

Yep, it was St. John's Arena.

We have a consolation game against Mount St. Mary's which I'm simming. We beat them 76-54. 4 of our starters in double figures: Schroeder with 11 points and 11 assists, Gunn with 11 points, Petrie with 16, and Bowie with 14 points. Woolridge had 8 points and 6 boards. Locklier had 2 points and a board in 10 minutes.

Darn, I wish I had won... the other finalist against Rice was Southern Cal! USC won beating Rice 68-64. O.J. Mayo went pro last year after his sophomore year but they still have a lot of talent and Angelo Johnson their star PG led the way with 18 points and 6 assists.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-24-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 21 -

Our next game is at UMBC (University of Maryland - Baltimore County.) They are 1-3. They are about equal in talent to us. Their best strength is their rebounding. Their best player is Sophomore PG Ronny Bermudez. Definitely, a winnable game for us. Especially since their team unity is very poor and ours is rounding into shape.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:16 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A poor shooting first half, but at least our defense is able to play decent against this slower less physical team. We are playing M2M for the first time this year and it is working fairly well. Down 33-27 at the half.

We are each shooting 40% from the floor. Petrie leads us with 7 points. Schroeder has 6. We've held their PG to 6 points in the first half.

Disappointing loss as our defense wore out in the 2nd half and they took over inside. Their PF Fry was the player of the game with 18 points and 7 boards as they won 71-62.

They ended up shooting 44% while we shot 39%. They had 17 assists to our 11. They outrebounded us 31-30. They had 26 points in the paint to our 12.

Schroeder led our team with 18 points. He had 0 assists. Gunn had 10 and Petrie had 15. Gunn was 2 of 13 from the floor. Schroeder and Petrie was 7 of 12 and 6 of 12 respectively. Bowie had 5 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. I need to get him more involved. Woolrdige had 4 points and 13 boards. Bey had 2 points on 1 of 6 shooting off the bench. Locklier had 3 points and 5 boards in 12 minutes.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:35 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A slider change:

Even my 99 stamina PG is having trouble playing more than 30-33 minutes in played games. So, I'm bumping Energy Fatigue Rate back down to 50. I'll give that a few more games and may settle at 52 or 53 if he starts playing 40 without being exhausted.

Nov 27 -

We win our simmed game at Robert Morris 62-36. Bowie led the team with 17 points and 8 boards. He shot 7 of 11. Woolrdige had 10 points and 10 boards. He shot 4 of 13. Schroeder and Gunn ech had 10 points.

November 30, 2009 -

I thought I had Demetrius Sessoms, a decent 2 star PG from Brooklyn, NY all locked up. However, he chose to sign with Quinnipiac in the early signing period. He would have been one of the best shooters on our roster if our scouting is correct.

Our next game is on Dec 1 against St. Francis (PA as opposed to NY which I already played.) I'll play that later today after some Mass Effect

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-24-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

St. Francis (PA) is the first team I've faced all year that has a weaker roster than me. They are 0-7 on the year and I will be very disappointed if we don't make them 0-8. We have the talent advantage at every single position and we should win even though it is at their place.

We are up 37-29 at the half as our bench is contributing nicely and we are working it better down low. We are shooting 48% and holding them to 40%. Schroeder has 8 points and 2 assists at the half to lead the team.

We keep control throughout the 2nd half even if we play a bit more uptempo than I meant to. We win 77-69.

Bowie was the player of the game with 13 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, and a block. He shot 6 of 9 and 1 of 2 from the line.

We shot 48% today while holding them to 43%. We were 12 of 15 from the line while they were 12 of 19. We were outrebounded 37-30 or the game won't have been as close.

Even with the adjusted sliders, my star PG only played 33 minutes. Schroeder had 13 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. Gunn had 12 points on 4 of 11 shooting. Petrie had 7 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 2 of 8. Woolridge finished with 7 points and 7 boards. Bey had 9 off the bench. Locklier had 4 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists in 13 minutes off the bench.

That win raises our record to 5-5.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:03 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 5, 2009 -

We lose at Lehigh 73-62. They are now 7-2 and are much better than when we've beat them in the past. Schroeder led our team with 13 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Our next game is at Sacred Heart. They are 4-5. I'll play that later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sacred Heart is slightly more talented than we are, but we are at home and I expect a win today. Corey Hassan, their SG is very dangerous and will be a tough matchup for Gunn, but I'm going to try some M2M defense to start the game.

We allowed ourselves to be drawn into a run and gun wide open game in the 1st half and while we scored well, we are down 63-50. They are shooting 75% so far this game! We are shooting 60%. Bowie had 19 points in the wide open offense in which we had quite a few fast breaks.

We will try to slow things down and take control of the 2nd half.

I tried to slow it down, but they kept pressing the pace and we never managed to take control. We did get it down to 7 at one point, but they won 111-95. Their star SG Hassan was the player of the game. He scored 28 points on 12 of 18 shooting including 4 of 6 behind the arc. He is one of the best rated 3 point shooters in all of college basketball and it showed. That combined with Ryan Litke who is even a better rated 3 point shooter and it was a tough night. Litke had 21 points. Chauncey Hardey isn't rated much worse at the 3 and he was 3 of 7 from the arc and had 18 points along with 14 assists. So much for team ratings - they could shoot hte 3 and it killed us.

Meanwhile, with our running and gunning we scored a lot. Bowie finished with 31 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 9 of 11 and 13 of 14 from the line. Schroeder had 17 points and 4 assists. He shot 6 of 15 including 4 of 10 behind the arc. Gunn had 11 points and 6 assists. Petrie had 14 points.

Slider Change: I've been thinking about it for a few games and this one decided it. Yes, they had great 3 point shooters, but they were hitting everything. So, I'm going to lower inside shooting, midrange shooting, and 3 point shooting sliders to 48 for both sides and give that a few games to see how it goes. Also, I'm doing this because I have some mediocre shooters who are hitting a few too many 3's and jump shots.

Dec 19, 2009 -

We lose at Seton Hall 89-52. Petrie led our team in scoring with 10 points.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but right now I'm the favorite team of a 3 star 7'0 270 pound C from Brooklyn, NY. I'm really surprised more teams aren't pursuing him as my scouts love his skills and he is ranked as the 19th best C in the nation. However, right now his top 5 are: 1) Princeton (we are the only team to have offered a scholarship so far), 2) NJIT, 3) Army, 4) SFNY, and 5) Monmouth. Obviously, he'd be a HUGE get for us if we can hold onto his favored spot. In the ABL he averaged 10 ppg and 11 rbg along with 1 bpg. He has a good defensive game and is surprisingly quick for his size. His top 3 priorities are: Being close to home, feeling wanted, and getting good coaching. He is not concerned about being at a big program. His potential isn't very good, but his current abilities and size could make a huge difference at Princeton.

Our next game is on Dec 30 against American which is a poorly ranked school. They only have 1 really good shooter in SG Steve Luptak. I'll play that game tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A few more slider tweaks based on stuff done on OS as well as my own thoughts:

Steal Success up to 60 for both sides. Help defense and help recovery up to 55 on both sides.

Dec 30, 2009 -

We have a big team unity advantage over American and are about equal in talent. We just have to make sure we shut down their SG. We are at home and I expect a win.

A solid first half in which we couldn't stop Luptak, but we did do a decent job against all of their other shooters. We are up 40-34 at the half. We are shooting 48% from the floor and 7 of 15 from the arc. Gunn and Schroeder lead the way with 13 points and 10 points respectively.

We were up by 4-6 points most of the 2nd half, but they closed it to 2 with 2:30 to go and Gunn missed his next shot. However, Locklier bailed us out with a block at the the other end which ignited a fast break which ended with Gunn drilling a 3. 5 point lead with 1:50 to go. The next drive Locklier got a rebound passed it to Schroeder who found Bey (who had been leaking out early) for a fast break slam!

With 40 seconds left we got a stop and they start intentionally fouling. We are up 65-60. Gunn hits the 1st of 2 to give us a 6 point lead. They miss a quick 3, get the offensive board and miss another 3. Gunn get the board and is fouled. He hits the 1st of 2 FT's. They miss another 3 and then get fouled. 67-61 after they hit 1 of 2. Petrie gets the board. They foul him even though it is under 10 seconds left. He hits both FT's and they miss their final 3.

We win 69-61. Gunn was the player of the game. He had 20 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 5 of 13, 3 of 9, and 7 of 10.

Schroeder had 14 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, and 2 steals He shot 5 of 10 and 2 of 5 behind the arc. Petrie had 14 points, 2 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 4 of 15 but was 4 of 7 behind the arc. Bowie had 6 points, 6 boards, and 5 assists along with a block. He shot 3 of 8. Woolrige had 8 points, 15 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. Schroeder played 37 minutes (with 99 stamina), Gunn played 32, Petrie played 28, Bowie played 29, and Woolridge played 28.

Bey had 5 points, 1 boards, and 2 assists off the bench in 18 minutes. He has somehow become my #1 player off the bench. Locklier had 0 points, 5 boards, and a block in 12 minutes. That win raises our record to 6-8.

For the game, we shot 44% while holding them to 39%.

Jan 3, 2010 -

We play a simulated game hosting Colgate and we beat them 64-54. Gunn led the team with 22 points on 6 of 14 shooting, 3 of 4, and 7 of 7. Bowie was the second leading scorer with 9 points. He also had 7 boards, 1 steal, and 1 block. Schroeder had 4 points and 14 assists. Bey had 7 points, 3 boards, and 2 steals in 12 minutes off the bench. Hedges had 4 points and 5 boards in 15 minutes off the bench.

Our next game is at a 10-7 CSU Bakersfield squad on Jan 9. After that, we'll start conference play.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Sacred Heart is slightly more talented than we are, but we are at home and I expect a win today. Corey Hassan, their SG is very dangerous and will be a tough matchup for Gunn, but I'm going to try some M2M defense to start the game.

We allowed ourselves to be drawn into a run and gun wide open game in the 1st half and while we scored well, we are down 63-50. They are shooting 75% so far this game! We are shooting 60%. Bowie had 19 points in the wide open offense in which we had quite a few fast breaks.

We will try to slow things down and take control of the 2nd half.

I tried to slow it down, but they kept pressing the pace and we never managed to take control. We did get it down to 7 at one point, but they won 111-95. Their star SG Hassan was the player of the game. He scored 28 points on 12 of 18 shooting including 4 of 6 behind the arc. He is one of the best rated 3 point shooters in all of college basketball and it showed. That combined with Ryan Litke who is even a better rated 3 point shooter and it was a tough night. Litke had 21 points. Chauncey Hardey isn't rated much worse at the 3 and he was 3 of 7 from the arc and had 18 points along with 14 assists. So much for team ratings - they could shoot hte 3 and it killed us.

Meanwhile, with our running and gunning we scored a lot. Bowie finished with 31 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 9 of 11 and 13 of 14 from the line. Schroeder had 17 points and 4 assists. He shot 6 of 15 including 4 of 10 behind the arc. Gunn had 11 points and 6 assists. Petrie had 14 points.

Slider Change: I've been thinking about it for a few games and this one decided it. Yes, they had great 3 point shooters, but they were hitting everything. So, I'm going to lower inside shooting, midrange shooting, and 3 point shooting sliders to 48 for both sides and give that a few games to see how it goes. Also, I'm doing this because I have some mediocre shooters who are hitting a few too many 3's and jump shots.

Dec 19, 2009 -

We lose at Seton Hall 89-52. Petrie led our team in scoring with 10 points.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but right now I'm the favorite team of a 3 star 7'0 270 pound C from Brooklyn, NY. I'm really surprised more teams aren't pursuing him as my scouts love his skills and he is ranked as the 19th best C in the nation. However, right now his top 5 are: 1) Princeton (we are the only team to have offered a scholarship so far), 2) NJIT, 3) Army, 4) SFNY, and 5) Monmouth. Obviously, he'd be a HUGE get for us if we can hold onto his favored spot. In the ABL he averaged 10 ppg and 11 rbg along with 1 bpg. He has a good defensive game and is surprisingly quick for his size. His top 3 priorities are: Being close to home, feeling wanted, and getting good coaching. He is not concerned about being at a big program. His potential isn't very good, but his current abilities and size could make a huge difference at Princeton.

Our next game is on Dec 30 against American which is a poorly ranked school. They only have 1 really good shooter in SG Steve Luptak. I'll play that game tomorrow.

First off, it's amazing to see opponents have different styles and strageties.

With the 3* center, will you be looking at him in ABL? I'm guessing that 3 star recruits are usually the cream of the crop of the IVY League conference in talent. Not sure if the game offers full recruiting results (players and rankings), but I'm guessing that the 2-star player is the average player, with a handful of 3-star prospects accepting offers in the IVY League. I wonder if the game has a "conference" prestige or if a program is able to improve to the class of a Gonzaga or George Mason.

What is NJIT?

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-25-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:23 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

CSU Bakersfield is slightly more talented than we are, but I expect the home crowd to help carry us to victory again. Their best player is their freshman PF and it should be an interesting matchup against Bowie.

At one point when my subs were in, we had the ball for over 2 minutes thanks to Locklier getting 4 offensive boards in a row and us working the clock each time. He has a 4 inch advantage on their backup center and it really shows.

We are up 36-29 at the end of the half. We are shooting 40% while they are shooting 44%. Gunn has 16 points to lead our team.

They close the gap to 55-53 with 2 minutes to go, but Bowie responds with a nice up and under down low to extend it to 4. They make a basket on their next possession and after Bowie misses a fadeaway 6 footer, the tie it up with a 18 foot jumper. 57-57 with 55 seconds to go..

Bowie draws a double down low and kicks it out to Gunn for an open 3! 60-57. Bowie harasses their 3 point shooter and they miss it. We rebound it. With 13 seconds to go they intentionally foul. Schroeder hits the first of 2. They get the board, push it up the court and hit a quick 3! 61-60 with 4 seconds to go...

They foul Gunn with 3.3 seconds to go... Gunn drills them both! They miss the desperation 3. We win 63-60.

Gunn was the player of the game with 26 points on 8 of 15 shooting, 6 of 11 behind the arc, and 4 of 5 from the line.

As a team we shot 37% to their 38%. We each were 8 of 12 from the line. We had 38 boards to their 37. We had 3 steals to their 0.

Woolrdige had 6 points and a team leading 13 boards. Bowie finished with 8 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists. He shot 4 of 8. Petrie had 4 points on 2 of 7 shooting. Schroeder had 6 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, and 3 steals. He shot 2 of 15. He is the only player on our team with a good steal rating.

Bowie held their star PF to 2 points and 11 boards. He shot 1 of 9.

We are now 8-8.

Jan 16, 2010 -

We start conference play at Yale. We win 70-57. Schroeder had 22 points and 9 assists along with 2 steals. He shot 6 of 9, 5 of 6 from the arc, and 5 of 7 from the line. Gunn had 15 points and Bowie had 13 poies. Woolridge had 11 boards along with 6 points.

Our next game is hosting Yale.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:48 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
First off, it's amazing to see opponents have different styles and strageties.

With the 3* center, will you be looking at him in ABL? I'm guessing that 3 star recruits are usually the cream of the crop of the IVY League conference in talent. Not sure if the game offers full recruiting results (players and rankings), but I'm guessing that the 2-star player is the average player, with a handful of 3-star prospects accepting offers in the IVY League. I wonder if the game has a "conference" prestige or if a program is able to improve to the class of a Gonzaga or George Mason.

What is NJIT?

Yeah, the teams definitely have different styles.

The ABL is simmed during the summer before the year starts. So, it is over. His stats from it are final and he did very well in the ABL. He definitely would be near the cream of the crop in the Ivy league - the kid is the 19 rated C in the country in H.S! He is rated 391st overall in the country. The game offers a ranking of draft classes and tells who got how many 5 star recruits, 4 star recruits, Mr. Basketballs, All-Americans, etc. You could look manually at what each school got, but that would be tedious. This kid looks like he will be a dominant force in the Ivy league and we are his clear #1 choice right now. What is odd is that I'm sure bigger schools were recruiting him at the beginning of the year, to the point that I was giving up on him before I even started. However, I lost one recruit early and decided to give him a scholarship offer and start going after him in earnest. I'm guessing some of the bigger schools got better C's during the early signing period because 5 or 6 schools stopped recruiting him. Now, we are his clear favorites. NJIT is second and SFNY is a very distant 3rd. I just hope a big school doesn't come in at the last minute and scoop him from us.

NJIT is the New Jersey Institute of Technology if my memory serves me correct.

The game definitely has conference prestige which is viewable. The Ivy league is currently ranked 16th which I had no idea it would be so good or I might have picked a more challenging school to start with. I mainly picked Princeton because I've always wanted to start with a school from my home state. Also, thanks to you I'm in the conference view and there is some interesting info available, such as:

The best overall player in the conference is Jerryd Bayless a JR SG at Dartmouth who has a 91 overall rating!

The best freshman according to this screen is Jitim Montague, a 6'6 198 pound SF on Yale who is rated 68 overall.

The best shooter is SR SG Ryan Wittman of Cornell. Sheesh, he is rated 90 in medium, 92 in 3 pointers, and 96 in FT. That dude will be tough to stop.

The best playmaker is Bayless and he is the conference's best pro prospect.

The best defender is Ebi Largent of Dartmouth. The PF is rated 78 overall and is rated 88 in blocking.

The prestige rankings of the conferences right now:

1. Pac 10 - Best player is Kevin Love of UCLA and he is the best pro prospect.
2. Big 12 - Best player is Darrell Arthur of Kansas and he is the best pro prospect.
3. Southeast - Best player is SG Patrick Beverly of Arkansas. Best pro prospect is Tyler Smith of Tenn.
4. Big East - Best player is Jerome Dyson of UConn. Best prospect is Deonta Vaughn of Cincinnati.
5. ACC - Best player is Jon Scheyer at Duke. Best prospect is Gerald Henerson of Duke.
6. Big Ten - Best overall player is Jamar Smith of Illinois. He is also the best prospect.

Those are the 6 Power conferences (based on size)and they are classified as such. Interesting the Mid-Majors are mixed in a bit with the "Major" conferences.

"Major" conferences (based on "size") include:

Mountain West - Ranked 14th currently, Atlantic 10 - ranked 7th currently, Conference USA ranked 9th.

Mid-Majors:

Sun Belt is ranked 12th, West Coast is ranked 10th, Western Athletic is ranked 8th, Colonial is ranked 13th, Horizon is ranked 17th, Metro Atlantic is ranked 11th, Mid-American is ranked 22nd, Missouri Valley is ranked 15th.

The "Small" Conferences:

American East is ranked 19th, Atlantic Sun is ranked 28th, Big Sky is ranked 26th, Big South is ranked 20th, Big West is ranked 25th, Independents aren't ranked, Ivy is ranked 16th, Mid-Eastern is ranked 31st, Northeast is ranked 23rd, Ohio Valley is ranked 18th, Patriot League is ranked 21st, Southern is ranked 24th, Southland is ranked 27th, Southwestern is ranked 32nd, and Summit is ranked 30th.

I'll check later, but I strongly suspect these are fluid rankings based on how well the teams are doing. In fact, it lists how many tournament bids were gotten last year, how many final fours, how many championships, and the last championship. I believe those are all factors and I suspect Pac-10's 8 bids last year propelled them to 1st in the rankings.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #62
Galaxy
Coordinator

Cool features....

Will you be diving into the ABL, or is more for the programs of the major conferences?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool features....

Will you be diving into the ABL, or is more for the programs of the major conferences?

If I get this 3 star player to sign, I'll start doing it to scout for other 2 or 3 star players I want to sign (as 2 star players also paritcipate which I just learned from reading on OS.)
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Now, we play Yale at home. They have a very good freshman SF in Jitim Montague but we match up fairly well with them except for their C who is a star (at least for this level) and is huge at 7'1" 260. We'll have to double him some I'd imagine.

Just a horrible first half for us. Their center, Duncan Reynolds, is a dominant force that allows them to gamble on defense and they are pressing, trapping, and disrupting our shooting rhythym. We are shooting 25% while they are shooting 52%. Their outside shooters are hitting their jumpers and Reynolds, their big man is dominating. In the first half, he has 8 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He is 3 of 7 from the floor, but I think he'd shoot around 100% if I didn't double him.

Gunn is our only player scoring with consistency. He has 10 points on 3 of 5 shooting. We are down 45-23. I knew it wasn't going to be our game when we failed to score for the first 6 minutes. Another bad omen was when they hit a 30 foot jumper as time expired in the half.

We never even got close despite trying to apply more pressure. We lose 85-62. They were led by freshman SF Markus Villanueva who had 20 points off the bench on 7 of 10 shooting. Reynolds had 11 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He is only a sophomore so if we get our center next year, this could be a big matchup for 2 years.

Gunn led our team with 17 points on 5 of 11 shooting, 2 of 5, and 5 of 6. Schroeder had 13 points, 4 assists, and 4 steals. Bowie had 5 points and 11 boards. Woolridge had 7 points, 10 boards, and 3 assists.

No one did anything off the bench. Even Locklier only had 2 points and 2 boards in 10 minutes.

That loss drops us to 9-9.

Jan 29 -

We lose at Dartmouth 68-56. Their powerhouse PF Ebi Largent had 20 points and 11 boards. The worst part is that Jerryd Bayless, the superstar SG didn't even play. I didn't realize it before when I looked at the conferences and listed him as a best player, but he is a transfer from Arizona. Apparently, he wasn't getting enough PT there and he transferred to Dartmouth before this season, so he is sitting the year out. Too bad, he didn't transfer to us. With him and Largent next year, Dartmouth is going to be the class of the league most likely.

The good news is that the center seems very committed to us. Isma'il Claudino is a 7'0 274 pound 3 star center from Brooklyn NY. His top priority is being close to home which we would give him. Our scouts give him the following letter grades: Shooting: C+, Skills B-, Defense B+, Athleticism B-, Rebounding A-, Intelligence B-, Potential C+, and Size A. He now has 100% interest in us. NJIT is the only other school that he is currently listed as being interested in.

Our next game is on the 30th at 6-11 Columbia.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-25-2007 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #65
Galaxy
Coordinator

If you can land that center, you could challenge Darmouth for the league title in the next two years or so.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #66
Blade6119
Coordinator

This is making it hard for me not to buy this game
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #67
rjolley
College Starter

Man, I just picked up a 360. I should've never looked in this thread, because now I definitely have College Hoops on the top of my to buy list, right next to NBA 2K8, especially with the patch that's due out.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you can land that center, you could challenge Darmouth for the league title in the next two years or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
This is making it hard for me not to buy this game

Yeah, if I can also get a decent SG, I think we can challenge them. However, I'm losing 4 starters and I expect next year to be tough especially since I don't have a very good shooter in my target list right now. I expect a drop off from Gunn for next year.

I've only gotten to play it for about 15-20 hours, but it is my favorite sports console game this year. I like it better than NBA 2k8 which is also a great game.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #69
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Great read so far, keep up the good work, sir.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:08 PM   #70
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, if I can also get a decent SG, I think we can challenge them. However, I'm losing 4 starters and I expect next year to be tough especially since I don't have a very good shooter in my target list right now. I expect a drop off from Gunn for next year.

I've only gotten to play it for about 15-20 hours, but it is my favorite sports console game this year. I like it better than NBA 2k8 which is also a great game.

If you can't land a decent shooting guard who can put up the points, it would suck that you would have just two years left with Bowie and the center (if you can snag him). Too bad Bowie didn't have a redshirt season. An extra year of development and growth for Bowie, and a developing center (who will improve over time) would create a great tandem to build around. By the time the center develops, Bowie will be gone.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-29-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Great read so far, keep up the good work, sir.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to playing tonight and already thinking about recruiting during this time since I have a no-show. In the main thread, someone brought up the idea that a player might be more likely to transfer if a scholarship is available. It's an interesting thought and I think I might give it a shot if I don't have 4 quality players ready to sign with me by the end of the year, even though the transfer player would have to sit out a year.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:42 PM   #72
Galaxy
Coordinator

Can you still train and develop transfer players while they sit out a year?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can you still train and develop transfer players while they sit out a year?

I don't know. As soon as I get one to come to my school, I'll find out.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pumpy asked me about my sliders, so here is the most recent set that I'm using in this dynasty:

Play Mode: Simulation
Difficulty: Starter (default)
Half Length: 20
Simmed Half: 20
Game Speed: 40
Player Speed: 40
FT Difficulty: 50
Real FT %: On
Fatigue: On
Injuries: On
Team Unity: On
Sixth Man: On
Clutch Factor: On

All of the rules are at default. Fouls are as follows (may need to be toned down, because I set them with a perimeter based offense.)

Charging: 100
Blocking: 85
Reaching: 85
Shooting: 85
Loose Ball: 100

Shooting Sliders (All sliders are same for User and CPU except for the tendencies which are only for the CPU):

Inside Success: 48
Mid Range: 48
3 point: 48 (contemplating knocking this down to 45)
Dunk success and layup success are at default 50.
Close Shot Tendency: 50
Midrange shot tendency: 45
3pt shot tendency: 45
Drive tendency: 50

Attributes (again these adjustments are for both human and CPU):

All at default except for:

Ball Handling: 35 (I'm thinking about taking it down to 30 to generate more spontaneous turnovers. Not enough turnovers in this version in most games.)

Offensive rebounding: 45

Block: 45 (might take it down to 40 at some point.)

Gameplay adjustments (same for both sides):

Team Unity is at default of 100, but I've considered lowering it to 50.

All others are default except for:

Steal Success at 60

Help Defense and Help recovery both at 55.

Fitness (same for both sides):

I've debated at setting energy fatigue to 52, but I think I like it better at default of 50. Guys with 99 stamina can play a whole game, but will get very tired and play best when they only play 30-35 minutes.

Energy Recovery at default 50.

Injury Frequency and Injury Effects at 60.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 PM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This game is at Columbia which should be a good challenge. Columbia is 6-11. Columbia has a very good shooting guard which will be our biggest challenge this game.

A poor first half and we are down 38-26. We are shooting 34% while they are shooting 43%. Gately their PF, leads them with 8 points and 7 boards. Schroeder and Bey each hace 10 for our team as they are the only players really scoring. Bowie has 4 points on 2 of 6 shooting at the half.

To start the 2nd half, I'm telling my guys to try to fast break more and apply much more defensive pressure. We are also switching to a 3-2 zone.

We start out with an 8-0 run before they get 2 on an offensive board. The new look got us 2 turnovers during that run and 4 fast break points.

With 8:05 to go, Bowie hits a basket down low and draws the foul. He makes the FT to tie it up at 53! However, our starters now need a rest.

With 2:52 to go, I get my starters back in. We are down 65-60, but we have the ball.

Schroeder with a nice drive, hits a layup and draws the foul! He miss the FT. We exchange missed baskets before Scott hits a 3 for them. We miss a 3 and they hit another 3 to extend the lead to 9. 71-62 with 1:07 to go.

We foul and shoot quickly and hit a few 3's, but we fail to close the gap. We lose 78-71. Gately wins player of the game for Columbia. He had 15 points, 11 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steak. He shot 4 of 5 and 7 of 7 from the line.

Scott their star SG had 16 points. Their C Ampim had 11 points and 10 boards.

Bowie led us with 14 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 6 of 12 and played 28 minutes. Schroeder also had 14 points in 31 minutes. He had 1 board and 1 steal as well. He shot 5 of 11 and 2 of 6 behind the arc. Gunn had 13 points and Petrie had 11. Wooldridge had 4 points and 14 boards in 28 minutes.

That loss drops us to 9-11.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 5, 2010 -

We host 5-13 Brown, but we lose 71-64. Gunn led our team with 22 points, 3 assists, 3 steals, and 2 boards. He shot 9 of 13, 3 of 5, and 1 of 1. Brown had balanced scoring and PG Gerrod Devonish had 12 assists.

Feb 10 -

Our next game is hosting 9-8 Cornell. Cornell is one of the better offensive teams in the league and will be a tough opponent. I'm going to switch to our 3-2 much earlier if we start falling behind.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-30-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are down 34-27 after being down by 12 at one point. We only shot 26% from the floor but held them to 40%. Wittman, their PG leads them with 14. Woolridge has 4 inches on their starting C and he leads us with 10 points and 6 boards.

We lose 73-66 as we were never closer than 7 in the 2nd half. We couldn't stop Wittman, their SG, who had 27 points on 10 of 20 shooting, 6 of 9 behind the arc, and 1 of 1 from the line.

Woolridge led our team with 21 points and 13 boards. He shot 6 of 8 and 9 of 11 from the line. Schoeder had 14 points and Bowie had 12.

We shot 33% as a team while they shot 45%. We were 22 of 27 from the line while they were 4 of 5. We had 8 assists to their 22. We were outrebounded 41-34. We had 10 fast break points to their 7.

We are now 9-13.

Feb 12 -

We play at Harvard who are 13-6. We upset them 70-62. Bowie had 15 points and 5 boards to lead us. He shot 9 of 10 from the line. Woolridge had 14 points and 8 boards. Schroeder had 10 points, 7 boards, and 2 assists. Bey had 7 points off the bench.

We are now 10-13. Our next game is on the 13th at 10-13 Penn.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #78
Galaxy
Coordinator

Losing must stink more in the college game over the pro game. At least in the NBA, you have a "prize" with a higher lottery pick.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:08 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Losing must stink more in the college game over the pro game. At least in the NBA, you have a "prize" with a higher lottery pick.

Yeah, it does. However, I think these sliders have my team shooting more realistically. We don't have any good outside shooters besides Gunn. Schroeder is ok. Now, they aren't shooting high percentage games as often. The downside is we are going to struggle until we get some truly good shooters or a dominant big man.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #80
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, it does. However, I think these sliders have my team shooting more realistically. We don't have any good outside shooters besides Gunn. Schroeder is ok. Now, they aren't shooting high percentage games as often. The downside is we are going to struggle until we get some truly good shooters or a dominant big man.

Hopefully the hot recruit will give you a talented big man under the boards. The front court would look pretty strong, but the backcourt will need to find some athletic guards who shoot.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:29 PM   #81
Radii
Head Coach

Hm I wasn't up on the ball handling slider change, that does make a lot of sense. The only times I really turn the ball over are if I have my Center or PF 'drive' to the basket when I mean for them to post up, or I pass to the wrong man and make a stupid cross court pass by accident(when I occasionally do with the passing/cameras that I use).

How do you feel about the game and player speed after playing some more games? 40/40 and 20 minute games seems pretty contrary to the OS take on things, but at the same time, the numbers I'm getting look pretty solid. The games just take so darn long to play sometimes though, espicially when I focus on getting to the FT line and take 25 FTs in a game.

Last edited by Radii : 11-30-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Hm I wasn't up on the ball handling slider change, that does make a lot of sense. The only times I really turn the ball over are if I have my Center or PF 'drive' to the basket when I mean for them to post up, or I pass to the wrong man and make a stupid cross court pass by accident(when I occasionally do with the passing/cameras that I use).

How do you feel about the game and player speed after playing some more games? 40/40 and 20 minute games seems pretty contrary to the OS take on things, but at the same time, the numbers I'm getting look pretty solid. The games just take so darn long to play sometimes though, espicially when I focus on getting to the FT line and take 25 FTs in a game.

The game does take a while to play, but I really like the feel of the 40/40 game. It gives very good stats as long as both don't teams don't run constantly, and even if they do, that happens occasionally in college basketball. Of course, I quick sim games to the end when they are out of hand - like right now - I'm down 20-5 to Penn early
Old 12-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Penn has a very solid offense that is better than ours, but our defense is slightly better than theirs. Their best player is PF Justin Reilly who is skilled and has 2 inches and 30 pounds on Bowie.

They use a nasty trapping full court defense from the very beginning of the game to jump out to a 20-5 lead. We finally start breaking it, but they are pressing us too much. They are the first team I've faced all year to use so much pressure. We are down 51-25 at the half and I decide to sim the second half.

We lose 83-67. Woolridge led our team with 13 points and 10 boards. Gunn had 10 points and 5 assists. He shot 4 of 8. We allowed them to shoot 49% with lots of easy baskets off turnovers. Our next game is on te 19th against Columbia.

We lose to Columbia 55-48 and worse we lose Woolridge for the rest of the year with a broken hand

He had 7 points and 5 boards before he was injured. Bowie lead the team with 9 points and 9 boards. Our next game is against Dartmouth which is surprisingly struggling. They are 9-12. Locklier will get the start as his size is at least an asset.

I'll play that game tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-01-2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:22 AM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Today we play against Dartmouth and one of the best players in the conference, PF Ebi Largent.

For some reason, their defense left Petrie wide open our first two possessions. As a result, Petrie drilled 2 open 3's to start the game. He then got hot and had 14 points in the first half. We are up 30-27 at the half. We've switched to the 3-2 defense as our default before this game and so far I really like how we are playing in it.

We were tied at 53 with 5 minutes to go, but it fell apart down the stretch and they nailed all of their FT's when we had to intentionally foul. We lose 66-58.

Largent was the player of the game with 8 points, 16 boards, 4 assists. He shot 2 of 4 and 4 of 4 from the line. 4 other starters for them each had 11 points.

Petrie led us with 29 points on 11 of 29 shooting including 5 of 11 from the arc. Gunn had 12 and no one else had more than 6 (Bey and Bowie)

Locklier had 3 points, 12 boards, and a block in 29 minutes.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Feb 26, 2010 -

We host Penn and lose to them 60-48. That loss drops us to 10-17 while Penn is now 13-14. Bowie led our team with 15 points, 12 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 9, 1 of 1, and 4 of 5. Petrie had 8 points on 2 of 6 shooting. Reilly again led Penn with 12 points and 12 boards.

Our next game is hosting Harvard. They aren't much more talented than we are, but their team unity is excellent. Their best player is PG Jeremy Lin who is a terrific defender and a good passer.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:38 AM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

A high scoring first half as both defenses aren't very good. We are shooting 50%. They are shooting 42%. We are up 41-34. Gunn has 17 points to lead our team.

We are up 71-69 with 3:50 to go. They draw a foul in the lane on Locklier to get to the line. McGeary hits both FT's to tie it up at 71.

Bowie hits a little fadeaway jumper down low. He's had a great game. Our defense forces a miss.. we throw it down low to Bowie, he is double teamed, he kicks it out to Schroeder. Schroeder misses the open 3, but Bowie with another board! Eventually, they steal it but we steal it back and Gunn has a breakaway on which they foul him. Gunn only hits 1 of 2. We are up 74-71.

With 1:43 to go, Demuyakor their PF draws a foul down low. He only hits the 2nd of the FT's. Bowie misses a layup and their PG, Lin hits a jumper to tie it up at 74 with 58 seconds to go. Petrie hits a 12 foot jumper with 39 seconds to go! Petrie with good defense on their 3 point attempt and they miss it. They get the offensive board over Locklier, but Bowie blocks the putback attempt! We get the ball and they intentionally foul. Bowie misses the FT but they miss the last second desperation 3!

We win 76-74!

Gunn was the player of the game. He had 28 points and 1 critical steal. He shot 9 of 21, 5 of 12, and 5 of 6. Bowie had a tremendous game as well with 19 points, 10 boards, 6 assists, and 3 blocks. He shot 9 of 14 and 1 of 1 from the line. Petrie addd 14 points on 5 of 10 shooting, 2 of 2 behind the arc and 2 of 3 from the line.

Carey led them with 21 points but we held him to 8 of 20 shooting including 2 of 11 behind the arc.

We only have 2 games left in the season. I'm tempted to sim them both just to end the season and get to recruiting as we clearly aren't making any tourneys.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

March 5, 2010 -

We lose at Cornell 71-58. Wittman their star SG had 25 points and 5 boards. Gunn led us with 13 points on 5 of 16 shooting. Bowie had 11 points, 7 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 4 of 10.

We sim our final game at Brown and we lose 71-46. We end the season with a 11-19 record. A slight step up from last year's 9-19 but still a step back from my first year when we went 15-13. The AD is starting to get impatient with me and I need the team to step up next year.

The top 10 after the season just before the Selection Show:

1. USC 28-6, surprising.
2. Tennessee 26-6
3. Duke 25-7
4. Cincinnati 28-5
5. Maryland 25-5
6. Louisville 23-8
7. Arizona 28-5.
8. Iowa State 27-4
9. Florida 25-7
10. Mississippi State 25-7

UNC isn't even in the top 25. They went 6-10 in conference play and are 14-14 on the year!

The top 10 scorers:

1. SF Jonathan Rodriguez, Campbell 27.9 ppg
2. C Luke Harangody, ND 25.7
3. SG Jerome Dyson, UConn 25.3
4. SG Stephen Curry, Davidson 25.1
5. SF Bill Walker, Kansas State 25.1
6. PG James Florence, Mercer 24.8
7. SF Jacques Jones, Texas Southern, 24.8
8. PG Terrance Calvin, Arkansas Pine Bluff 24.2
9. PF Herb Pope, New Mexico State, 23.9
10. PF Derrick Caracter, Louisville 23.4

Kevin Love dropped off to 22.4 in his Junior Year. He is now rated 92 overall and I'd be surprised if he doesn't go pro this year.

Top 5 Rebounders:

1. Thomas Coleman, North Carolina A&T 11.0
2. Dusmane Cisse, Eastern Illinois, 9.9
3. Devin Sweetney, Saint Francis (PA) 9.2
4. Jonathan Tavernari, BYU 9.1
5. Zach Woolridge, Princeton 9.0

Top 5 Assists:

1. Johnny Wolf, UNC Wilmington 8.3
2. Sammy Zeglinski, Virginia 7.4
3. Trant Simson, Alabama A&M 7.1
4. Avery Holley, Florida Atlantic 7.0
5. Eric Hayes, Maryland 7.0

Top 5 Steals Per Game:

1. Joshua Mack, Coastal Carolina 2.5
2. Chris Kramer, Purdue 2.3
3. B.J. Jenkins, Liberty 2.3
4. Jaydee Luster, New Mexico State 2.3
5. Michael Hunter, UC Irvine, 2.2

Top 5 Blocks:

1. Anthony McClain, Cin 3.3
2. Omar Samhan, Saint Mary's 3.0
3. Javale McGee, Nevada 3.0
4. Trevor Booker, Clemson 2.8
5. Alberto Sloan, Wake Forest, 2.7
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The #1 Seeds:

Arizona, Cincinnati, USC, and Iowa State.

Duke is the 2 seed in Arizona's Bracket. Miami is the #2 seed in Cincinnati's bracket. Maryland is the #2 seed in USC's bracket. Columbia is a 15 seed in the bracket with Iowa State. They play the #2 seed Tennessee.

The Big 12 has 7 teams. the Pac 10, SEC, and Big Ten each have 6 teams. The ACC has 5. the Big East and A-10 each have 4. C-USA has 3 teams and the WAC has 2 teams.

The Sweet 16 has the following matchups:

#1 Arizona vs #13 Creighton, #2 Duke vs #3 Mississippi State.

#1 Iowa State vs #4 Louisville, #2 Tenn vs #11 Wisconsin.

#1 Cincinnati vs #4 Florida, #6 Vanderbilt vs #10 Kentucky.

#1 USC vs #4 Indiana, #2 Maryland vs #3 Syracuse.

#13 Creighton upsets Arizona 84-80! Creighton had 4 starters with 16 points each. #2 Duke beat Mississippi State 86-76. Duke beat Creighton 87-60 to advance to the Final 4.

#4 Louisville beat #1 Iowa State 97-76. Louisville got 40 points between their PF Caracter and their center Holloway. Wisconsin upset Tenn 77-74. Louisville beat Wisconsin 80-58 to advance to the final 4. Edgar Sosa had 34 points and 10 assists for Louisville in the win.

Florida upset Cincinnati 89-77. Vanderbilt beat Kentucky 78-72. Florida beat Vanderbil 88-68. Florida had very balanced scoring in both wins.

USC beat Indiana 81-73. USC's sophomore SG Dameon Franklin had 16 points, 10 boards, and 8 assists. Taj Gibson had 15 points. Maryland beat Syracuse 100-75. Maryland had 3 players with over 20, PG Eric Hayes, SG Joseph Romero, and center Braxton Dupree. USC beat Maryland 103-73. USC had 31 points and 10 boards from Taj Gibson. Pg Angelo Johnson had 25 poits and 6 assists.

The Final 4 will consist of Duke vs Louisville and USC vs Florida.

Duke beats Louisville 72-68. Taylor King ame off the bench and had 20 points to lead the Blue Devils. Florida beat USC 82-81. Florida was led by PF Alex Tyus who had 24 points and 11 boards.

Duke won the National Championship with a 105-84 win over Florida. King led them with 22 points off the bench. Kyle Singler added 20 from the SF position. Jon Scheyer had 19.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the end of the year, Duke's team rated was 100 which is the first time I've seen that. Their offense and shooting were rated 100, their defense was rated 95, and their rebounding was rated 98. A truly great team they assembled. They have 6 players rated over 93 including 3 starters and 3 bench players.

Luke Harangody of ND won the Player of the Year. He finished with 26.4 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.0 spg, and 0.4 bpg. This will be the first class that will get imported into my NBA 2k8 dynasty.

Herb Pope of New Mexico State won the Mid-Major Player of the Year. He finished with 23.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.2 spg, and 1.8 bpg.

Coach K won Coach of the Year.

Anthony McClain of Cincinnati won Defensive Player of the Year. The huge center averaged 16.2 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 3.2 bpg.

Luke Harangody won Big Man of the Year.

Tracy Bowden of Saint Louis won Freshman of the Year with 14.4 ppg, 3.8 rpg, and 3.2 apg.

First Team All-American:

PG Eugene Harvey, Seton Hall 21.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.6 spg.
SG SG Jerome Dyson, UConn 25 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.8 spg.
SF Bill Walker, Kansas State 25.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.1 spg.
PF Gani Lawal, Georgia Tech 23.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 2.5 bpg.
C Luke Harangody, ND.

Second Team:

PG Jonny Flynn, Syracuse 22.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.9 apg, 1.8 spg.
SG Jeremy Wise, Southern Miss 22 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.3 spg.
SF Jonathan Rodriguez, Campbell 27.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.4 spg.
PF Derrick Caracter, Louisville 22.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg.
C Kevin Love, UCLA 22.2 ppg, 6.3 rpg.

All-Freshman Team:

PG Hodari Quadri, UCLA 7.9 ppg 4.5 apg.
SG Tracy Bowdgen, Saint Louis 144 ppg
SF Eduardo Blackett, Saint Joseph's 9.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.0 bpg.
PF Nile Minter, Missouri 8.7 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.8 bpg.
C Stuart Samuels, UNLV 9.3 rpg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 bpg.

Columbia won the Ivy with a 14-15 record and 9-5 in the Conference.

Penn's Coach won Coach of the Year in the Conference.

Louis Dale of Cornell won Player of the Year in the conference. He finished with 11.5 ppg, 5.7 rpg, and 5.7 apg.

Brett Barlow, a PG for Harvard won Freshman of the Year. He finished with 8.1 ppg and 3.3 apg.

First Team All-Ivy:

SR PG Louis Dale, Cornell
SR SG Ryan Wittman, Cornell 14.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg.
JR SF Tyler Bernardini, Penn 12.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 2.4 apg.
SO PF Ebi Largent, Dartmouth 12.1 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.5 bpg.
SR C Zach Woolridge, Princeton 8.3 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 1.1 bpg.

Freshman All-Ivy Team:

PG Brett Barlow, Harvard
SG Vladimir Mikalauskas, Brown 1.4 ppg.
SF Butch Rollins, Cornell 5.1 ppg, 4.0 rpg.
PF Nate Burks, Cornell - no stats, but the guy is a beast at 6'11 265.
C Quannas Davenport, Penn - 5.7 ppg, 4 rpg,

CRUD! I was just fired! I have to find a new job
Old 12-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Princeton hires an assistant from Tennessee.

No one wants to hire me this year! The Legacy is over as I get a message saying that I should restart and try to use what I learned to do better next time.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-01-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm sitting here 5 minutes later and I still can't believe I was fired. I'm wondering what readers think I should do?

Choices include restarting at Princeton and trying to do better, starting at a school in Louisiana. I don't recall if UNO is one of the teams that I can choose, but they have a tremendous player for a lower tier school. More likely I'd start at Nicholls State. Or, I might restart at a completely random school. The disadvantage of that is I'd have to look up the Geography if I believe they have actually modeled distance in miles from the hometown and being close to home is important.

Also, I have to decide whether to use these new draft classes or not and whether I should report on all of the history again or just try to quickly get to the 3rd year (while not getting fired this time.)
Old 12-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #92
Radii
Head Coach

uh, WOW.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
uh, WOW.

Yeah, I'm very disappointed. I had that 3 star center all locked up, I think. He was at 100% interest. I think he could have led us to a winning record his freshman year.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #94
gi
College Prospect

Restart as Princeton is my vote. Oh...and don't get fired the third year

Sorry about this too btw...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #95
Galaxy
Coordinator

Wow...............................

Personally, I start start with a new team from the beginning (and play). Just play until you catch up to the NBA series.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-01-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Pros and Cons of Princeton vs a LA team:

Princeton:

Pros: NJ is close enough to NY to aid in recruiting as NYC seems to be a good source for a lot of good players. Get a chance to set right what went wrong.

Cons: High expectations, apparently. Also, even though I was fired in this career, the recruiting might make it easier there.

LA School:

Pros: Likely lower expectations.

Cons: Harder to recruit. Less likely to have good local players, particularly if I'm at Nicholls State.

I'll decide later tonight.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #97
Galaxy
Coordinator

One thing I like about the idea of a LA school is that it's a low-end prestige conference, in comparsion to a mid-level prestige conference in the Ivy League. Not to mention the conference tournament as well.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-01-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #98
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Sounds like your best bet might be to start an open legacy with UNO if that is the team you are interested in starting with. In Open Legacy you have all the same features, including coaching carousel so you'd still be able to possibly get to USC.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Sounds like your best bet might be to start an open legacy with UNO if that is the team you are interested in starting with. In Open Legacy you have all the same features, including coaching carousel so you'd still be able to possibly get to USC.

I like the challenge of a closed legacy, so I'll probably stick with that. I don't remember if UNO is included or not, but I know at least 2 LA teams are available.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #100
Radii
Head Coach

I wonder, if one of yor main goals is to keep continuity between the college and pro game, if you shouldn't just turn firing off?