Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #451
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
What's Zinto's usual online schedule, hoops?

Spotty during the day, more around later evening hours, from what I've discerned in this game and others.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #452
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gonna prolly ship you over his way later today, then.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #453
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Save your raven, too. I'm waiting on a maester report, and if it's favorable...Shit. It May Be Going Down.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #454
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sounds good. Ravens remain in their cages for now.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #455
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Didn't expect Julio to flee.

Karstark! You're up!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #456
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hunting?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #457
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Damn skippy. Why the hell not. I sent you some troops, and sent the order in.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #458
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Interesting.

Seems Stannis would prefer to lead the next fight against Renly, rather than have me do it.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #459
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, does he have reason to believe that there is an advantage to him leading rather than you? Not sure what information you might have shared with him ...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #460
MrBug708
Head Coach

Is he going to highgarden?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #461
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Not that he shared. I basically let him know that, to my knowledge, the Greyjoys won't be helping Renly, and Renly was hit hard by the war - be a good time to attack.

Then I laid out another idea of me striking an inland province instead, and forcing him to either retreat to the coast (where Stannis could help with his fleet), or stand and fight solo.

He seems to favor the former right now. I'm assuming he'll attack a coastal province and force Renly onto land.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #462
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'd imagine he's hitting Storm's End directly, though I don't know. I'd do it if I was in his place, though. Go for the jugular and force him to fight or flee his best province.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #463
hoopsguy
General Manager

I assume that we/Stannis have good intel on Renly's forces at this point?

We still working with assumption that Joffrey will aid in the defense?

How comfortable are you that Greyjoy's won't aid Renly? I suspect this gets very interesting if we have 3 kings versus 2, particularly on ground chosen by the 3 king force.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #464
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

1 - I'll be letting him know once I get the report how he looks.

2 - Yes. Though, I'm still going to emissary you later in the day to Zinto and see what's up there.

3 - With Theon fleeing, less comfortable than I was yesterday. BUT, if he passed on everything to Balon, he should know it'd be beyond dumb for him to help out Renly.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #465
hoopsguy
General Manager

When pursuing the conversation with Joffrey, what are we going to be offering him? I have to believe he knows his options for being the winner of the game of thrones are remote at this time, so what is his inducement to side with us? I think we have to assume that Stannis and Renly will be providing him some motivation to take a course of action as well.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #466
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well...

Unless bannermen have some special condition of "your secondary goal is to have a shit-ton of lands and money in addition to winning", he sure as hell doesn't need extra lands and titles. What's the point?

At the end of the day, I can make the case I'm in the strongest position - and thusly offer the best chance of actually winning. Is there really anything beyond that that makes a damn bit of difference?
Old 06-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #467
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Though it's fairly obvious that whoever Joff falls to, everyone will immediately be gunning for them. The question really is...would we have enough cash and men to take them all on.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #468
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

To which I answer...3 vs 1? Maybe, maybe not. I'm moderately certain me and Joff have the highest amount of troops, though so it's not entirely out of the question.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #469
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so do we put some level of implied threat out there that if he sides with Renly in this battle that it may be harder for him to choose his landing place at House Stark?

I'm not sure we can make that threat, as we want to end up with him or Renly at some point in the near future. Ideally him, if he doesn't sacrifice his troops saving Renly.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #470
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just trying to walk through what kind of coercion we feel like we can apply to Joffrey ... honestly not sure we have much that is unique to offer. He is going to pick who he thinks yields the best chance at bannerman victory, and I suspect that is what I'll stress in the conversation.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #471
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let me know when you want me to depart/return from Kings Landing. Ditto on raven choice if that is to happen after I leave for Kings Landing since I will not be able to monitor these communications during that window of time.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #472
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, that's really the only appealing thing we can offer - blunt honesty (which hey, it's worked well for me thus far!). If other people offer anything beyond Best Chance of Winning, they're full of shit.

The raven idea I had may not apply - I was gonna have you send a message to Renly's bannerman Not Name Brienne, and hint he should just flee now, if he wants to live (seeing as a whole world of pain was headed their way). If Stannis leads the charge, won't bother. If, however, I DO strike first while you're away, go ahead and send that message. May convince him to flee while he can.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #473
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And really, I was just waiting until I saw Zinto tooling around.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #474
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'll send that raven if it is you initiating. Possibly a one word message.

RUN!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #475
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. We outnumber him, but not by as much as I'd expected.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #476
hoopsguy
General Manager

Why did you expect to have a massive edge on Renly? They had 25K more men last time the two armies collided. You made up, assuming good info from Littlefinger, somewhere between 5-10K due to differential in deaths, and I'm bringing a host of men.

Does the info on Renly's force give you insight into the size of Joffrey's army that you did not previously possess?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #477
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, in the event that I'm going to be departing soon and our communications will be limited - anything in particular you would like me to do with cash on hand? I'm perfectly fine being left to my own devices, but figured it was good protocol to ask on my first day as part of House Stark.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #478
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No, I just realized why I was surprised - last time I 'scanned' him, he had Loras still with him. The difference in troops was now Loras's troops are directly his.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #479
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. I would say dedicate 5k to mercs for tomorrow, to bolster our forces in the event of war. Aside from that, no.

Though we could off someone...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #480
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Anyway. Head on over, hoops. I see a Zinto on.

Dispatch Lord Tywin to Camp Joffrey
Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #481
MrBug708
Head Coach

You control the vote today Robb

I went hunting after Theon, right?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #482
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep. We'll see how that turns out.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #483
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so I assume putting the vote on Stannis had to do with some level of negotiations with the Greyjoy group?

No reply on the raven I sent yesterday. If you have any particular direction for where I should send one today let me know in the next hour. Otherwise, I'll be out for a few hours leading up to deadline and will make some selfish, Tywin-first type decision on the raven before departing.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #484
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As I told Stannis -

1) It was partially due to talks with Greyjoys. I couldn't very well vote them twice while talking them out of helping Renly in this war.

2) Voting Greyjoys would have put us within a single vote of a tie. I don't want any damn part of that mess again.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #485
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm kind of zonked out right now - minor plague, and my head is kinda fuzzy. Your call today, I think.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #486
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That said...how'd things with Joff go?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #487
hoopsguy
General Manager

Talks with Joffrey went very well, assuming he actually does what was discussed.

I suggested that he would do well to conserve his men and ships, sit out the next war rather than side with Renly. I reminded him that he'll be a bigger catch for the next king if he has more assets.

He isn't in a hurry to bend the knee, going through same thought process I did in terms of fearing that the alliance he joins will be next one gang tackled. I reminded him that he won't be only king pondering bending the knee, so to carefully consider where he wants to land and not let Renly end up dictating that decision.

I've also got info on his current army size + ships + ballpark figure on troops he lost in last battle. Not sure if you want it publicly here or if you already have that info via maester report.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #488
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Him, I don't have a number on.

So is he gonna side with ANYONE in this battle, in theory?
Old 06-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #489
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, sitting on sidelines for the battle is what he indicated. I personally think that is the right strategy for him if he doesn't think that a Renly/Greyjoy alliance is going to emerge to threaten us + Stannis.

But he might just be telling me what he wants you to hear. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #490
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, per Littlefinger, on the day that I was captured neither Stannis nor Renly had discussions with either Joffrey or the Greyjoys.

Renly only spoke with Robb.
Stannis spoke with his Hand, as well as sending me a raven about potentially joining him. While ignoring a raven from Robb.

Curious - I expect they both sent emissaries to talk to the Greyjoys but I'm surprised that neither exchanged ravens with anyone from House Greyjoy or House Lannister.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #491
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. It looks like there's no more Us + Stannis, too. Us + Renly, however, might be on the books for a day or two.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #492
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Heh. It looks like there's no more Us + Stannis, too. Us + Renly, however, might be on the books for a day or two.

That is especially interesting in light of a reply I got from the Part I raven - that party was intrigued by the suggestion of stepping aside, but wanted some assurances from you that he would find himself protected from attacks from within as the game of thrones draws to a conclusion.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #493
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hard assurances, nobody can give. However, it's in my best interest to keep him safe and happy while the other two whittle each other down.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #494
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

How long I can pull this off is another question.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #495
hoopsguy
General Manager

1.) I wonder, if Stannis had a "do over" on Ser Gregor, if the Mountain would still be wandering the lands?
2.) Any insight into why he executed him? Looking to gain honor, perhaps? Some kind of rule about sacrifice for Melissandre to get a kill later?
3.) Feel like tipping your hand on how to proceed with Theon? I certainly can wait until after deadline, or whenever else, but my natural curiosity leads me to want to discuss it.
4.) Have there been discussions about how to proceed with the war? The Us + Renly seems to suggest there may have been ... but not sure just how fluid that might be as Stannis has returned his votes to Asha Greyjoy.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #496
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hard assurances, nobody can give. However, it's in my best interest to keep him safe and happy while the other two whittle each other down.

Well, depending on how you want to see it play out perhaps some kind of subtle nod in the main thread would get your the short-term result you seek.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #497
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh oh, I was actually thinking of someone else. You're referring to that little bonus raven I had you send yesterday. That, hell yes. It profits me nothing to behead potential allies.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #498
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
1.) I wonder, if Stannis had a "do over" on Ser Gregor, if the Mountain would still be wandering the lands?
2.) Any insight into why he executed him? Looking to gain honor, perhaps? Some kind of rule about sacrifice for Melissandre to get a kill later?
3.) Feel like tipping your hand on how to proceed with Theon? I certainly can wait until after deadline, or whenever else, but my natural curiosity leads me to want to discuss it.
4.) Have there been discussions about how to proceed with the war? The Us + Renly seems to suggest there may have been ... but not sure just how fluid that might be as Stannis has returned his votes to Asha Greyjoy.

1 - I can't see any profit in killing a bannerman, unless you know they're gonna screw you. Wars rip through bannermen, as do assassins.

2 - Honestly, no. I thought it was a mistake then, I still do. Perhaps there is a hidden mechanic, but my own is WAY less complex, so I doubt it.

3 - See my above thoughts. I see no reason not to keep him. Plus, I have a SLIGHT suspicion, based on comments, this is part of his utterly convoluted goals.

4 - Tough one, coming soon.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #499
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It sorta seems our best course of action is to sit this one out. We profit nothing here, and those two hurting each other certainly helps us. Balon has no reason to jump into this, nor does Joffrey.

Though, on the flipside, we COULD stand to deliver a crushing blow to one side or another...
Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #500
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My main concern is burning too many bridges too fast. But, being the 500 lbs gorilla in the room when no one trusts the other does have its advantages.