Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 6!!! Files due Sunday, November 16th!!!

Week 6 Schedule

Colorado @ Baylor
#8 Ok. State @ #18 Texas A&M
USF vs Louisville
North Carolina @ #9 Va. Tech
Syracuse vs West Virginia
#24 Kentucky vs #19 Notre Dame
#20 Miss. State vs #15 Tennessee
#5 Pitt @ Rutgers
NC State vs Maryland
#4 Arkansas vs #25 Auburn

UVA has a bye

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado beats Baylor 42-13 in a rather boring game. Darrell Scott ran 18 times for 131 yards and 3 scores, and was out of the game at the half.

Coming off a slew of A+ visits, but no commits, we hope this is another showcase for our team to land some early season commits.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #3
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

We brought in a ton of recruits for the Tennessee game, which could have backfired. The 15'th ranked Volunteers pushed us around some as our defense continues to struggle. However, when we needed stops, we got them. The game was tied at 35-35 when I got sacked on back-to-back plays to my own 12. I had to punt, my first of the game, and they started at their 45. The QB floated a ball, picked it (the game's only turnover), and I started up again. A good dose of run-pass mix got us the td. They stalled out on their next drive as well, which led to yet another td (although I muffed the XP, idiot that I am!). We stopped them and put up a 48-35 victory in front of a crapload of prospects. Wesley Carroll was 25-28 for 241 and 3 tds. Ervin Heard ran for 4 tds and almost 200 yards.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #4
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My Hell run starts next, with games against two human controlled teams, Arkansas and Kentucky.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

#4 Arkansas wins a hard fought game with Auburn, 52-27. The game was only a ten point game until the 4th when we took control. Our ground game, which is normally our strength, struggled against the tough Auburn defense. Following up his 300 yard performance, De'Anthony Curtis ran for 127 yards, but it took him 31 carries to get those yards.

Ryan Mallet played well, completing 35 of 42 passes for 403 yards and 5 touchdowns. Rod Coleman caught 13 passes for 152 yards and 2 touchdowns while London Crawford had 12 receptions for 173 yards and 3 touchdowns.

On the defensive side of the ball Joe Adams picked off his 7th pass of the season and returned it for a touchdown. That is the 4th time he has returned an INT for a touchdown.

Next week we get Michael Smith back so hopefully our running game can get going again.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:11 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Logan:

I should be available to get our game in staring Friday night after about 8 pm and also anytime over the weekend. Just let me know what works for you.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Logan:

I should be available to get our game in staring Friday night after about 8 pm and also anytime over the weekend. Just let me know what works for you.

Knowing Logan it'll the day of the deadline per usual.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

Har har fucking har. Prick.

I should be good for anytime on Saturday after about 5, or anytime on Sunday. We'll be fine.

Wade, just to piggyback on what was talked about in the other thread...I think we all want this to be fun for everyone. It certainly isn't worth any aggravation at all if you're not having fun. While I think you'll improve now that you (hopefully) have your 360 in solid working order going forward, if you really don't think you'll ever enjoy yourself, just bow out. No one here will think less of you, I don't think any of us want anybody to feel like getting through this league is a job. In no way of course should this be viewed as me hoping you quit...I stand by what I said, as you play more, you'll be fine. But when it all comes down to it, if you're not having fun, there's really no pressure.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

A good recruiting battle is brewing for the #6 DT in the nation, Donald Scott. Pitt, NC State, and UNC are 1/2/3 on him, all with nearly identical interest levels. He's already visited NC State and Pitt, and visits UNC in week 10.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 AM   #10
Radii
Head Coach

We rip up Maryland 48-18 at home. They were 4-0 but not rated too much better than us, and at home I'd expect to win every time.

QB Glennon was 16-20 for 277 yards and a touchdown
HB Brandon Roberts picked up another 200 yard rushing day, 236 yards, 5 TDs.

Roberts broke the NC State single season Rushing TD record, getting his 19th TD in the 3rd quarter of his 5th college game. With 7 games to go in the regular season, Roberts is on pace to break Barry Sanders NCAA single season TD and yardage records. I have FSU and Clemson still on the schedule though, and both of them will slow him down quite a bit.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Roberts broke the NC State single season Rushing TD record, getting his 19th TD in the 3rd quarter of his 5th college game. With 7 games to go in the regular season, Roberts is on pace to break Barry Sanders NCAA single season TD and yardage records. I have FSU and Clemson still on the schedule though, and both of them will slow him down quite a bit.

Too bad he couldn't spell CAT if you gave him the C and the A!!!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 AM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

I was a pretty big dumby to not reschedule my week 2 game to week 4 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Ironhead, slight chance I'll be available for a game tonight around 7-730, and if not, really anytime after 11 tomorrow morning will work. I'll look for you both on here and XBL.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #14
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ironhead, slight chance I'll be available for a game tonight around 7-730, and if not, really anytime after 11 tomorrow morning will work. I'll look for you both on here and XBL.

I'll hop on tonight around that time. But same as you I could get it done anytime tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Been gone all weekend .. Besides Macro, who're we waiting on? Just Logn and Ironehead?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:36 PM   #16
Logan
Head Coach

Ironhead and I are finished. Oklahoma State held off a late Texas A&M rally to prevail (complete with an onside kick recovery, a score, and then a failed onside attempt). Believe the final score was 38-34. I ran the ball fairly effectively, and Ironhead was beating me with some big plays. That guy Hardy is a pain in the ass to stop. I felt my run D was pretty solid though.

I exited quickly and forgot to save this, but in my mind, the Toyota Turning Point came late in the 3rd, when the A&M QB scrambled on 3rd and long. He had a ton of daylight, but my CB Connor raced up and stuck him right at the first down marker and drove him backwards. It was probably the best open field tackle I've made. That forced a punt, and I converted a big 3rd and 21 play to Antrell Woods from deep in my own territory. I went on to score and took a 17 point lead which A&M ralled back from.

Great game as always Ironhead.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #17
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ironhead and I are finished. Oklahoma State held off a late Texas A&M rally to prevail (complete with an onside kick recovery, a score, and then a failed onside attempt). Believe the final score was 38-34. I ran the ball fairly effectively, and Ironhead was beating me with some big plays. That guy Hardy is a pain in the ass to stop. I felt my run D was pretty solid though.

I exited quickly and forgot to save this, but in my mind, the Toyota Turning Point came late in the 3rd, when the A&M QB scrambled on 3rd and long. He had a ton of daylight, but my CB Connor raced up and stuck him right at the first down marker and drove him backwards. It was probably the best open field tackle I've made. That forced a punt, and I converted a big 3rd and 21 play to Antrell Woods from deep in my own territory. I went on to score and took a 17 point lead which A&M ralled back from.

Great game as always Ironhead.

Was a good one as always. Unfortunately this probably puts me out of National and Conference title contention. I could see you maybe, *maybe*, losing one conference game to the computer. No way you lose two though.

I felt that the game changing play came in the 3rd when we were still notched up 21-21. I tried to get way too cute and tried that WR pass which was picked. That gave you a ton of momentum and made it really tough to catch up.

Look forward to next seasons game. At least I am kicking your ass in recruiting.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Forgot about that play, you're definitely right. I remember thinking "dude's got some balls" as I picked it off.