Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Offseason Thread!!! Player cuts!!! Files due Sunday, October 26!!

Final Top 25

1. Ohio State
2. Florida
3. Arkansas
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma State
6. USC
7. Georiga
8. Arizona State
9. Auburn
10. Miami
11. Oklahoma
12. New Mexico State
13. Wisconsin
14. Texas A&M
15. Florida State
16. Va. Tech
17. BYU
18. Mississippi State
19. Pitt
20. Utah
21. Boise State
22. Oregon
23. Colorado
24. Missouri
25. Oregon State

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Players Leaving

Colorado: TE Nate Solder (Transfer to Hawaii), WR Kendrick Celestine (Transfer to Air Force), LG Wes Palazzi (Transfer to Utah State)

Arkansas: LE Malcolm Sheppard (Pro draft), FS Rashaad Johnson (Pro draft), TE DJ Williams (Transfer to Tulane)

Kentucky: CB Trevard Lindley (Pro Draft)

Mississippi State: LOLB K.J Wright (Transfer to Middle Tennessee State)

NC State: Jamelle Eugene (Pro Draft), FS Justin Byers (Transfer to Ball State), SS John Ware (Transfer to Army)

North Carolina: RB Ryan Houston (Transfer to East Carolina), CB Johnny White (Transfer to Buffalo)

Oklahoma State: CB Perrish Cox (Pro Draft), CB Terrance Anderson (Pro Draft), CB Maurice Gray (Pro Draft) LG Andrew Lewis (Pro Draft), QB Zak Robinson (Pro Draft)

Pitt: CB Jovani Chappel (Pro Draft), WR Oderick Turner (Pro Draft), QB Kevan Smith (Transfer to Marshall)

Syracuse: No one leaving early or transfering

Texas A&M: MLB Anthony Lewis (Pro Draft)

USF: FS Nate Allen (Pro Draft)

Virginia: RB Mikell Simpson (Pro Draft)
Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 2!!! Players transfering in

Everyone check their teams and set ready to advance.

This step takes all of two seconds.

Files are due tonight (Sunday) by Midnight.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 10-19-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado gets two big transfers in, both from rival Big 12 schools!

RS Sophmore DE Bart Coslet (82) is transfering in from Mizzou
RS Sophmore DB Chykie Brown (81) is transfering in from Texas
Old 10-19-2008, 12:05 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

As far players leaving go, Logan paid dearly for his success, losing all his secondary basically. That is tough.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

I'm surprised I didn't lose more. I thought there was a good chance Smith and Coleman would leave but they'll be around for another season as will most of my offense.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I'm surprised I didn't lose more. I thought there was a good chance Smith and Coleman would leave but they'll be around for another season as will most of my offense.

Yeah I am pretty shocked about those two staying. Your offense will be gangbusters next season.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
As far players leaving go, Logan paid dearly for his success, losing all his secondary basically. That is tough.

You're telling me. My Heisman finalist QB too. I better see the fruits of this year in recruiting next season, because this is going to be a rebuilding project.

No players coming in, set to advance.

Last edited by Logan : 10-19-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You're telling me. My Heisman finalist QB too. I better see the fruits of this year in recruiting next season, because this is going to be a rebuilding project.

Well I figured Robinson would be gone. I was stunned though at all three DB's.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

beautiful, we welcome in a Freshman QB 78 overall from THE Ohio State University.

I don't like his speed though...hopefully he gets it up.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We need a couple of files then we can advance.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Recruiting Week 1!!! File due Tuesday, October 21st!!!

Let's get rollin boys!!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This week is huge for Colorado. The top guys I want are all getting in home visits. I hope we seal the deal and bring them in. It'd alleviate huge pains in my secondary.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
cmp
Pro Rookie

I have 4 guys who are soft commits and 8 total who I am #1 on. If I can land these guys I'll be in good shape.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #15
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I figure with Syracuse, I will just recruit them at the junior high level, that way they are tainted when they hit high school for the orange...

I will look at it tomorrow and do the recruiting, I have to hit the sack right now...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Players Leaving
Virginia: RB Mikell Simpson (Pro Draft)

OMG did that backfire on me.

Peerman was the "best" RB I had. But as a senior I decided to look to the future. I slotted Sophomore Simpson as my #1 RB so that he could get some development.

And he leaves.

Ugh.

This puts a HUGE dent in my offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

We got one transfer - a QB from GA Tech. He doesn't really fit my style of QB, so I'm not sure what his prospects are on this team. He looks like a pretty solid pocket passer, just not my bag.

I'm anxious to look at what I have tonight in recruiting and hopefully move up the board with some guys.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-20-2008, 10:40 AM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

I took care of everything for week 1. Unfortunately I'm pretty much done for a bit as I'm out of town, then moving, and then it might take a couple days to get internet hooked up. I switched it so my assistants will help with recruiting, so hopefully they don't screw up too much over the time I miss. Anyway, just wanted to make sure you're not waiting for me. I'll let you know when I'm up and running again, hopefully no more than a week from today.

Last edited by Logan : 10-20-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Waitin' on 5 then we can advance!

Karl, Gram, Wade, Radii and Macro.

I know Wade and Macro are doing theirs today. I am sure the others will be done soon too so we can keep rollin'.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

I cannot begin to explain how bitter I am right now.

My 360 (yes, the new one they sent me a week ago) appears to be toast.

Even with the HDD and Wireless Adapter unplugged I power it up and the green light turns on, it makes noise, and that's it. It started with me loading into the game and d/ling the league file, then it hung. Had to trun it off (3rd time this has happened in the last week). I turn it on, nothing. I unplug the HDD and take the game out - it loads to the 360 interface and hangs. Then I get the current behavior - just nothing on screen.

I am so bitter.

Detox - if someone else doesn't finish tonight I'd like to try in the morning or something to see if I can at least re-order my recruits or something. I know the CPU is bad at recruiting so I don't know how much I can do to help myself, but I'm at my wits end right now. I really want to do this league - it's something I've wanted to happen for years and I'm getting screwed because of this piece of shit hardware.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 PM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Waitin' on 5 then we can advance!

Karl, Gram, Wade, Radii and Macro.

I know Wade and Macro are doing theirs today. I am sure the others will be done soon too so we can keep rollin'.

Mine is done.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

I vote to give wade more time.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We'll wait until tomorrow, the regular deadline.

Wade, just let me know whenever you check to see.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

Thanks for the consideration guys.

I just tried again and it again let me get to the "Loading Dynasty" part but crapped out there. On next bootup it froze in the XBOX menus again.

*sigh*

Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Recruiting Week 2

Week 2 files are due Thursday, October 23. Should be a big batch of commits for some when you check today or tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #26
Radii
Head Coach

NC State loses out on a few recruits(including 3 to human run teams), but pulls in a few as well:

2* P Ben Richard - #12 P - nothing special but I've had so much trouble recruiting in the kicking game in single player that I'll take anything I can get.

3* OLB Josh Medley (JUCO) - #26 OLB

3* WR Justin Smith - #42 WR

3* FS Marvin Justice - #19 FS

3* MLB Joe Howe - #27 MLB

We've got 13 kids in our class now, and currently have the #6 recruiting class in the nation. We're pretty much done with recruiting at this point, there isn't a lot left out there for us.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #27
Radii
Head Coach

Looking at the other human run teams, and looking at prestige changes, NC State and North Carolina both remain 3* prestige teams(thank god for that, us remaining 3* but UNC jumping to 4* would have killed me in recruiting), but I see that a number of you guys who had top 20 finishes have 4* prestige programs now, and a couple of you even made the leap to 5* schools, I just hope I don't have to recruit against you guys much in the coming years, NC State is definitely going to be a slower progression to the top than that.

Last edited by Radii : 10-21-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 AM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado has a nice haul commit over the week to them:

4* MLB Danny Clark (8/185)
A+ awarness at MLB, B- speed, C+ tackling. He would probably benefit from a red shirt and more then likely will, but the future is bright for this kid. I always worry about not having enough good MLB, well after today that is aleviated some.

4* MLB Nick Breedlove (9/189)
A+ awareness, B speed, B- tackling. He might atually be better then Danny Clark. We now feature a lot of young LB depth, so Breedlove will also more then likely see a redshirt. A position change also isn't out of the question for him. I can see him on the outside pretty easily.

4* WR Josh Christensen (29/220)
Christensen is a Juco WR with B+ speed, A+ awareness and A- acceleration. Could be a big play threat from time to time. Honestly, this season I suspect he'll be a fourth WR and we'll go from there. Still, he coud be a pleasant surprise, and it doesn't hurt to have that depth.

4* CB Mark Pollard (27/223)
A+ awareness, B+ speed, A- acceleration. Pollard was my top target because our secondary was so awful last year. We had no guys with good awareness, and we also had some slow DB's. Pollard will come in more then likely play right away. With two other DB's on our board, plus two FS's that we want, this could be a huge class for our secondary.

3* WR Ahmad Odom (72/468)
B+ speed, A+ awareness, B jumping. He has the makings of a solid outside WR, especially at 6'2 and 171 lbs. Our WR depth is decent now, but I like having a few kids ready and able just in case.

3* SS Javon Rackley (15/514)
A awareness, C+ Man coverage, B- Zone coverage, B speed. I liked Rackley aside from his star ratings. I find SS can be hard to get in 09 for some reason, so having this kid who can RS for me and then become a player in the rotation is a great safety net.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #29
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You guys are killing me! I totally need to buy a second X-Box that I can keep in the classroom for times like this! I can't wait to get home to see how I'm doing.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Looking at the other human run teams, and looking at prestige changes, NC State and North Carolina both remain 3* prestige teams(thank god for that, us remaining 3* but UNC jumping to 4* would have killed me in recruiting), but I see that a number of you guys who had top 20 finishes have 4* prestige programs now, and a couple of you even made the leap to 5* schools, I just hope I don't have to recruit against you guys much in the coming years, NC State is definitely going to be a slower progression to the top than that.

A lot of it is circumstance. Like with Colorado I fully expect to win the Big 12 North this year because Mizzou lost Chase Daniels, and the other teams do not scare me I'll be competing against, so it should at least give me a shot to compete for the Big 12 title.

Logan and Ironhead have it tougher as they have to battle one another and also OU and Texas just to get to the title game.

The guys in the Big East basically now have one another to battle. I suspect Macro needs time with the Cuse, but it'll be USF vs Pitt battling it out this season since WV loses Pat White.

The SEC and ACC I am not sure. A lot of teams there so anything could happen.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
You guys are killing me! I totally need to buy a second X-Box that I can keep in the classroom for times like this! I can't wait to get home to see how I'm doing.

I can give you info if you want it.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #32
Logan
Head Coach

Danny if you don't mind can you let me know what happened with Ok State? It's gonna be awhile before I can see for myself. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Danny if you don't mind can you let me know what happened with Ok State? It's gonna be awhile before I can see for myself. Thanks.

Yup.

OK State sits #23 right now as far as top classes go with 9 commits:

4* ATH M. Smith
4* WR C. Mays
4* QB J. Mobley
4* WR K. Carter
3* OG T. Thompson
3* WR J. Cuter
3* ATH B. Abrams
3* FS J. Porter
3* DE M. Pearson
Old 10-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #34
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

DeTox, very cool offer but I'll simply run home at 2:45 like a kid on Christmas morning and load it up.

I actually didn't check my prestige either in the beginning or since the season flipped so I'll have to see if we changed at all.

As for the SEC, the West likely belongs to Arkansas forever although I'm hoping for some second place finishes. The East is tough but I think that Kentucky can make some waves there.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 AM   #35
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

OH, alright Danny-- Can you just let me know where Mississippi State is ranked in recruiting class and the overall number of recruits? I've gotta know!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #36
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
OH, alright Danny-- Can you just let me know where Mississippi State is ranked in recruiting class and the overall number of recruits? I've gotta know!

Haha.

#7 and 21 commits.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #37
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

WOW, must have had a good day! Thanks!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #38
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
I can give you info if you want it.

Yes please....for Syracuse....I am stuck at work until 6 pm.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #39
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Yes please....for Syracuse....I am stuck at work until 6 pm.

Syracuse sits at #36 with 12 commits

4* DE B. Siegel
3* OLB J. Pace
3* QB M. Pruitt
3* OG P. Barron
3* DE A. Tat
2* OT T. McKinney
2* OT T. Jenkins
2* SS B. Doby
2* HB J. Stegall
2* QB R. Wilson
2* DE A. Morris
2* DT M. Lucas
Old 10-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #40
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Syracuse sits at #36 with 12 commits

4* DE B. Siegel
3* OLB J. Pace
3* QB M. Pruitt
3* OG P. Barron
3* DE A. Tat
2* OT T. McKinney
2* OT T. Jenkins
2* SS B. Doby
2* HB J. Stegall
2* QB R. Wilson
2* DE A. Morris
2* DT M. Lucas

Very nice...better than I thought...
Old 10-21-2008, 12:31 PM   #41
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup.

OK State sits #23 right now as far as top classes go with 9 commits:

4* ATH M. Smith
4* WR C. Mays
4* QB J. Mobley
4* WR K. Carter
3* OG T. Thompson
3* WR J. Cuter
3* ATH B. Abrams
3* FS J. Porter
3* DE M. Pearson

Thanks, from what I remember those were pretty much all the 4* guys I had on my radar. With me out for at least a couple rounds, I'll need my assistants to continue the momentum in filling out the class.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM   #42
wade moore
lolzcat

Detox: Can you hook a poor, sad brotha up?

Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #43
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UVA sits 84th with 4 commits:

4* FS L. Mansfield
3* DE S. Rivas
2* OLB B. Johnson
2* QB J. Palmer

I've seen you in on some solid guys left that still haven't committed as well.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Mansfield is a new commit, he's nice to see.

We'll see - the CPU really does a mediocre job. For instance there is a 4* QB that I had out there, high on my list, I'm full bar along with two other schools (one is human i think) and all that time without my xbox the CPU didn't schedule a visit, even though that option was turned on.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #45
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BTW Done...
Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 PM   #46
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ironhead is finishing up, so all we need is Gram and we'll be advancin'.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:54 AM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Recruiting Week 3

Files will be due Thursday night at 8. I lost track of time tonight
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 AM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Four more commits for Colorado:

4* CB Daniel Alexander (22/181)
A+ awareness, A speed. A prototype DB. Only knack is very undersized. I expect along with Pollard that these two kids will be beasts in the Buffs secondary for years to coem.

3* QB Mark White (24/301)
B throw power, B- accurary, C+ awareness. Will probably not redshirt just so our earlier commit at QB can. Strictly depth. Hopefully he doesn't play.

3* DE Mike Williams (52/494)
B speed, B- pursuit. Can provide depth at DE. Could grow into a solid pass rusher. Right now he is a kid who projects into a solid player. Don't expect much until his senior year.

2* QB Jeff Sanders (67/995)
B - speed, A - awareness. He's a scrambling QB. A 4th or 5th option if he makes the team at all. Not much to say.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:51 AM   #49
wade moore
lolzcat

Any UVA updates?

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 07:01 AM   #50
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah if you don't mind posting Ok State updates too, that would be great.