Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 2!!! Uploads due Monday, November 3rd!!!

Week 2 schedule

#21 Colorado vs North Carolina
#11 Oklahoma State vs USF
#23 Texas A&M vs #16 LSU
Syracuse at Iowa
Kentucky at Temple
Miss. State at UL Monroe
#19 Pitt vs UCF
Virginia vs UTEP
NC State vs Arkansas State
#14 Arkansas at Ball State

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Wade -

I am scrolling through the commits .. a 3* OT commited to UVA. I'll let you know if I spot any others.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

That's pretty good news actually - our OT situation is BAD.

I'm hoping they ship this thing soon, but I don't see making Monday the 3rd. This is part of why I didn't like shortening the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 10-29-2008 at 06:26 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 07:59 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Logan...when can you do battle? I'm available Thursday after 8 pm EST, late friday night, or all of saturday, and most likely all of sunday.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

I might be able to do tomorrow night around 9 (might go to the Ranger game) but if not I'm around all day Saturday too so we should be a go.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas starts off with a tune-up game before we battle Texas A&M and there wasn't much we could do wrong today beating Ball State 94-10.

Ryan Mallet barely had to throw the ball, going 9-10 for 120 yards and 4 touchdowns. Rod Coleman caught 4 of those for 66 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Michael Smith ran the ball 21 times for 307 yards and 3 touchdowns. His backup De'Anthony Curtis had 18 carries for 110 yards and 2 touchdowns.

On the defensive side of the ball we had 7 interceptions. Joe Adams picked off 3 and returned 2 for touchdowns and the third to 1 yard line. And Michael Reese picked up a touchdown on a 98 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.

Next up is a very tough game against Texas A&M.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:36 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado starts off the year on the right foot with a 38-24 win over North Carolina in Boulder. Darrell Scott continued where he left off last year with around 230 yards and 3 TD. Cody Hawkins didn't do much throwing but did hit a 70 yard pass to WR Christensen, and our SS Mahake had a 101 yard INT near the end of the year to give us our scores.

It was 28-10 at the half but NC battled back with huge chunks of yard through the air. If it weren't for a few errant passes by NC this was a different game.

Now the Buffs look forward to interstate rivals Colorado State, before traveling to USF.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Here was the stark contrast today:

Hawkins (CU) - 5 for 6, 88 yards, 1 TD
Sexton (NC) - 33 for 49, 370 yards, 2 TD - 4 INT

Scott (CU) - 23 for 227, 3 TD
Womble (NC) - 7 for 35

Very drastic gameplans today.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:50 PM   #9
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Colorado starts off the year on the right foot with a 38-24 win over North Carolina in Boulder. Darrell Scott continued where he left off last year with around 230 yards and 3 TD. Cody Hawkins didn't do much throwing but did hit a 70 yard pass to WR Christensen, and our SS Mahake had a 101 yard INT near the end of the year to give us our scores.

It was 28-10 at the half but NC battled back with huge chunks of yard through the air. If it weren't for a few errant passes by NC this was a different game.

Now the Buffs look forward to interstate rivals Colorado State, before traveling to USF.

Actually it was 35-10 at half I threw a pick 6 in the red zone to end the 1st half!

I just didn't have the stick skills defensively to stop you and your running game. Good luck to everyone playing him this year, his RB is a beast!

Good luck the rest of the season!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

In a game that came right down to the end Texas A&M eeks out a 34-27 win at home over LSU.

We went into the 4th quarter with a 24-13 lead but LSU scored two touchdowns on long screen plays. Down 27-24 we had to punt the ball back to LSU with 2:11 left and only 2 timeouts. We stopped Keiland Williams on 1st down and then tallied our lone sack of the game on 2nd down. In 3rd and long deep in their own territory LSU decided to throw for the first down and we picked it off and returned it within the 5 yard line. Two running plays later junior QB Jerrod Johnson punched the ball over the goalline to give us a 31-27 lead. LSU would manage two more possessions in the time remaining but QB Andrew Hatch just wilted under pressure, throwing two more interceptions.

Junior QB Jerrod Johnson had a great day and finished 16 of 21 for 209 yards, 2 Ds and no turnovers. He also added 35 yards and a touchdown on the ground on 7 carries.

LSU's tough run defense kept Mike Goodson in check most of the game. He had a couple of nice runs and finished with 19 carries for 78 yards and 1 TD.

True freshman wideout and 5 star prospect Mike Hardy was excellent in his debut, finishing with 5 catches for 114 yards and 1 TD.

LSU was a very tough test right out of the gate but we had the 12th Man on our side. It gets much more difficult as we travel to Fayetteville to play cmp and his Razorbacks next week.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Actually it was 35-10 at half I threw a pick 6 in the red zone to end the 1st half!

I just didn't have the stick skills defensively to stop you and your running game. Good luck to everyone playing him this year, his RB is a beast!

Good luck the rest of the season!

Yeah Scott is pretty elusive ha. Good game though. You had two bad throws I picked off but the other two were iffy. The TD especially.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

NC State gets a second recruiting committment this week, landing JUCO 3* WR Lee Parks, the 66th rated WR. Not nearly as interesting as the HB we pulled last week, Parks has B+ speed and awareness, but his pass catching and overall ratings are all in the C range. We need WR depth so we're glad to have him for a couple years.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

I started my game vs 67 rated Arkansas State planning to let my starters play 1 half and then sub them out. But then freshman HB Brandon Roberts, making his first start, set the school record for rushing yards in the first half(with around 260), and had 4 TDs. So I decided to leave him in long enough to set the school record for TD's, which is 5, meaning he'd need 2 more. By the time he got those he was in the 350 yard range, so I decided to leave him in until he broke the all time NCAA rushing record, which he did on a 92 yard TD run. That run broke the all time single game record(held by Ladanian Tomlinson before I think), and it put Roberts at 490 yards, so I decided to leave him in long enough to get 500 yards. On the first play of the 4th quarter he ran for ~16 yards, and I finally decided to stop tempting the football gods and pulled my starters.

Brandon Roberts' first college game: 31 carries, 506 yards, 8 TDs, in 3 quarters+1 play.

99 speed is fun vs inferior competition, we'll have to wait to see how it works vs good teams though.

Oh yeah, we won 77-10.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 AM   #14
Logan
Head Coach

Hmm...maybe your new HB commit will reopen his recruitment when he sees what he has to go up against.

Ironhead, looking at guys who have you listed as their first choice, you could have a ridiculous class on your hands.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #15
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I started my game vs 67 rated Arkansas State planning to let my starters play 1 half and then sub them out. But then freshman HB Brandon Roberts, making his first start, set the school record for rushing yards in the first half(with around 260), and had 4 TDs. So I decided to leave him in long enough to set the school record for TD's, which is 5, meaning he'd need 2 more. By the time he got those he was in the 350 yard range, so I decided to leave him in until he broke the all time NCAA rushing record, which he did on a 92 yard TD run. That run broke the all time single game record(held by Ladanian Tomlinson before I think), and it put Roberts at 490 yards, so I decided to leave him in long enough to get 500 yards. On the first play of the 4th quarter he ran for ~16 yards, and I finally decided to stop tempting the football gods and pulled my starters.

Brandon Roberts' first college game: 31 carries, 506 yards, 8 TDs, in 3 quarters+1 play.

99 speed is fun vs inferior competition, we'll have to wait to see how it works vs good teams though.

Oh yeah, we won 77-10.

WOW - Nice start for your Frosh's career!!!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hmm...maybe your new HB commit will reopen his recruitment when he sees what he has to go up against.

Ironhead, looking at guys who have you listed as their first choice, you could have a ridiculous class on your hands.

Only because I didn't offer any of 'em yet. I wanna give some competitive balance.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:52 AM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Karl you wanna peg down a time for tomorrow?
Old 11-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Just to give an update, Karl and I tried 3 or 4 times to get our game in yesterday, but we were hit by really bad lag that at times had our guys completely unresponsive. Weird thing is we both were able to go on and play lag-free games against random opponents (as kind of a test to see if it was one of us with a bad connection).

We'll give it another shot tonight, hopefully with better results.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I was gone all weekend. How many are we waiting on?
Old 11-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #20
Logan
Head Coach

I'm too physically drained to provide many details, so I'll just give a quick synopsis.

Karl jumped out to a 24-14 halftime lead on me. My offense wasn't clicking and his could do very little wrong, carving me up with the run and the pass. Same score later in the 3rd and he's driving again, he sends Grothe up the middle on a QB draw. With an extreme amount of luck on my side, I get him to cough it up with a monster hit and we recover.

It seemed like that was the spark my offense needed, as we mounted a fairly quick scoring drive after that on 4 or 5 passes covering about 85 yards. Later in the 4th and now down 3, I once again couldn't stop the Grothe machine, and USF was driving. With possession around the 20, Grothe threw the ball up near the goalline...and my boy Thompson was there to pick it off and bring it back about 30 yards.

A long, tough drive followed, including a huge 3rd down conversion to new starting TE Cooper Bassett down to around the 15. Brandon Weeden added his 4th TD pass to Antrell Woods to give Ok State the lead!

But of course, once again I couldn't keep Karl's offense from moving downfield. A big (and suspicious) holding call forced him into a 2nd and 15 and then we stopped him two more times, including a sack on 3rd down as the clock ticked down. On 4th down, and with the snap barely off before the clock hit zero, a USF receiver went on a deep post corner, and Grothe delivered it. His WR went up for it around the 2, came down with it...only to be hit from behind by my safety...ball out, game over! I think my guy would've made the tackle if he held possession, but who knows...nevertheless, Oklahoma State pulls off all the second half scoring and wins 28-24 in a great way to start the season.

Awesome game Karl.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm too physically drained to provide many details, so I'll just give a quick synopsis.

Karl jumped out to a 24-14 halftime lead on me. My offense wasn't clicking and his could do very little wrong, carving me up with the run and the pass. Same score later in the 3rd and he's driving again, he sends Grothe up the middle on a QB draw. With an extreme amount of luck on my side, I get him to cough it up with a monster hit and we recover.

It seemed like that was the spark my offense needed, as we mounted a fairly quick scoring drive after that on 4 or 5 passes covering about 85 yards. Later in the 4th and now down 3, I once again couldn't stop the Grothe machine, and USF was driving. With possession around the 20, Grothe threw the ball up near the goalline...and my boy Thompson was there to pick it off and bring it back about 30 yards.

A long, tough drive followed, including a huge 3rd down conversion to new starting TE Cooper Bassett down to around the 15. Brandon Weeden added his 4th TD pass to Antrell Woods to give Ok State the lead!

But of course, once again I couldn't keep Karl's offense from moving downfield. A big (and suspicious) holding call forced him into a 2nd and 15 and then we stopped him two more times, including a sack on 3rd down as the clock ticked down. On 4th down, and with the snap barely off before the clock hit zero, a USF receiver went on a deep post corner, and Grothe delivered it. His WR went up for it around the 2, came down with it...only to be hit from behind by my safety...ball out, game over! I think my guy would've made the tackle if he held possession, but who knows...nevertheless, Oklahoma State pulls off all the second half scoring and wins 28-24 in a great way to start the season.

Awesome game Karl.

My, oh my. I'm very disappointed, but in no way ashamed. Our whole team played really, really well for most of the game, but Logan never gave up. The Grothe fumble really hurt. I was thinking 31-14, but instead it became 24-21 shortly thereafter. I may have gotten too cute, but I would run that same play in that same spot again without hesitation.

On Logan's game winning touchdown play (a third down and 3, which became 8 after a delay of game), he hit his receiver a few yards past the line of scrimmage, and then he shrugged off my CB to get into the end zone.

I still felt confident when I got the ball back with a shade under 2 minutes to play. Grothe was making the throws, and I was very close to what would have been an tremendous win to start the year. That holding call really hurt, but it happens. The sack was what really killed it. On the audible play following that, I thought when I released the ball that it might be a TD...but even when it got to Mitchell (my best WR, who had single coverage), I knew that even if he caught he would probably be tackled short.

It was the best, most fun, most intense game I've played on NCAA '09. Logan is a great player, and I expect to see him back in the title game this year.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 AM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

FYI: Microsoft received my XBox on Wednesday, but I've heard nothing since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 AM   #23
Logan
Head Coach

Oh man, I forgot about those delays. I don't know what happened on the second one (the first one I tried audibling/hot routing too much) but on that 3rd down play it really felt like I picked my play quickly, then all of a sudden I was flagged.

I'll agree with you in that it was the best game I've had on NCAA, and if memory serves me right, #2 on that list was a random Texas Tech-Clemson battle between me and you as well.

Thanks for the compliments, but I lost a lot of talent on D this year, in basically my entire secondary and my DTs. Good thing for me that other people weren't watching us play, because you carved me up so easily. Unless my boys grow up fast, it's going to be really tough to get through the Big XII gauntlet.

Best of luck the rest of the way, and how sweet was it to finally play lag-free?!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #24
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Syracuse loses to Iowa, 52 to whatever....we gave up a 98 yard TD reception. My CBs are to slow and weak...they were getting worked by WR's
Old 11-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And to week 3 we advance