Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #3201
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
That sounds like a wise option, arachnid. It seems we will have to expend our energy on him until he is dealt wtih permanently. You have my leave to web Nick Fury instead of your mission assignment.

I'm hoping I can do both the web and the mission. Mods?
Spider-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #3202
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
So wait, is Fury the Shadow King or just his minion? If he's the Shadow King, why aren't we killing him? I may have missed something so feel free to smack me in the back of the head (beware the flames) and the explain slowly.

I think he is just the host for the Shadow King who can then jump to another body if Nick is killed.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:33 PM   #3203
Punisher
High School JV

Lord Doom, I have about an hour left before I must depart. I may not return until either before or after the deadline.

Who would you prefer I attack?
Old 10-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #3204
Punisher
High School JV

Spiderman, you can only do one or the other. You did good.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:35 PM   #3205
Punisher
High School JV

Oh, I missed it was a night action. Spidey, feel free to join in.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #3206
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Ghost Rider, Fury is possessed by the Shadow King, as we believe Nightcrawler was formerly. If so it seems that killing Fury will have no effect other than pushign the King to possess someone else, thus the hesitation to kill him. I suggest we point our attacks elsewhere tonight until Doom solves this riddle.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #3207
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Punisher, for now I am attacking Scarlet Witch. Feel free to follow suit.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #3208
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

That makes sense Doom, appreciate the answer from both you and Spidey. It's been a busy day in Hell so I'm kind of off my game today, sorry.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #3209
Punisher
High School JV

ATTACK SCARLET WITCH
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #3210
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
I notice the Scarlet Witch did not take up my invitation to show her allegiance by committing to the Annihilus mission. I believe that Doom will target her tonight with his attack. Nick Fury will have to be dealt with otherwise.

Lord Doom, I wish to humbly remind you that Jewel checked on the Witch last night and though we do not know her allegiance for certain, we do know she used a tremendous amount of energy against Galactus.

As you are aware (Doom knows all!), I have had suspicions of the Witch for quite some time. However given this information and with the realization that we are going to have to start taking numbers into account soon maybe we should be thinking of another target for your wrath.

For instance, both Silver Samurai and Aardwolf have had reasons for suspicion over the past week, possibly someone along those lines might make a better target for us.

After all, either you or the prelates can order any of us to join the Annihilus attack.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #3211
Cable
Mascot

JOIN MISSION AGAINST THE ANNIHILATOR
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #3212
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Lord Doom, I wish to humbly remind you that Jewel checked on the Witch last night and though we do not know her allegiance for certain, we do know she used a tremendous amount of energy against Galactus.

I'm not pushing for an attack of Scarlet Witch but don't both teams (or all three, four, five, etc. depending on what we have!) have to defeat Galactus? I guess I'm saying that this isn't really a pass at all.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:43 PM   #3213
Punisher
High School JV

I agree with the Ghost.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #3214
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
I'm hoping I can do both the web and the mission. Mods?

Negative - the "web" is a special, so it cannot be done along with any other specials such as "Mission", "Galactus" or "Guard".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM   #3215
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
I'm not pushing for an attack of Scarlet Witch but don't both teams (or all three, four, five, etc. depending on what we have!) have to defeat Galactus? I guess I'm saying that this isn't really a pass at all.

You are correct and I am not saying that her alliegance is confirmed by her performance in the Galactus mission. I am suggesting that such a large expenditure of energy at least suggests that she could be working for the benefit of the village -- I am coming to believe that the rebels are saving their energies when possible (given that such a large amount of rebel energy was used in the Egypt mission).

I suspect that if she was a rebel she would not have pumped that much energy into Galactus.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #3216
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Gah, I am extremely lagged. I saw maybe the first third of what's been posted since my last post, plus the last 5 posts (don't ask why just those). I see some accusations of me -- I can't go back and find the evidence right now as I'm so lagged, but maybe I can at home. Should anyone like to find it themselves, look at the day that Beast attacked me. I took a lot of damage that day, and I suspect Beast was behind most of it. I think someone else attacked me as well, and we can find out how much they put on me, and figure that Beast did the rest.

SPECIAL ATTACK -- PROBABILITY MANIPULATION

Also, I don't see the need for people to actually attack me now. There is plenty of time after the mission to find out whether or not I helped.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #3217
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

As you are aware (Doom knows all!), I have had suspicions of the Witch for quite some time. However given this information and with the realization that we are going to have to start taking numbers into account soon maybe we should be thinking of another target for your wrath.

For instance, both Silver Samurai and Aardwolf have had reasons for suspicion over the past week, possibly someone along those lines might make a better target for us.

After all, either you or the prelates can order any of us to join the Annihilus attack.

SilverSurfer, refresh my memory.. was the Galactus mission that she spent so much energy on before or after your message to us all regarding Galactus being injured?

My issue here is that by itself, spending alot of energy on a Galactus mission does not really tell me much, and in fact if the rebels felt they were winning and we were going to focus enough on that rebel mission to try to win at the cost of ignoring Galactus, would a rebel play possibly be to beg off the rebel mission, and spend enough energy on the Galactus mission to appear like a hero (even though stopping Galactus helps both us and the Rebels) while actually trying to take care of both of their goals at the same time?

The end result of that day was, we lost to the Rebels and it seemed we lost to Galactus, but if I remember the timeline correctly, wasn't that the day that you reported Galactus to be more hurt than we thought?

I guess I wonder what the value of following the Scarlet Witch last night would have been considering after spending so much energy on Galactus, the next day she spent energy to protect Beast. As a rebel or loyalist, I doubt she would have had any energy to do much last night anyways. I assume if she is a rebel, following her with her not doing anything simply means she wasn't the one who made the kill.

I guess another question here is did the rebels feel confident enough in the late run on QuickSilver that Beast could have been saved long enough to do something else? I obviously was in the negative zone, but it was rumored to me (ooc: I was reading the thread anyways), that Beast claimed to have used the legacy virus, but I don't recall him ever actually using that action in the thread as a special action. Could they have been confident enough that he was going to at least live long enough to give that virus to someone else? Could it have done anything along the lines of a conversion, mind control, death, whatever that it was worth to try to do?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #3218
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

(hoops, what is the mission deadline today?)
Old 10-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #3219
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Mr. F, hopefully my aiding in the mission today will show that I do have some energy to use.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #3220
Spider-Man
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Negative - the "web" is a special, so it cannot be done along with any other specials such as "Mission", "Galactus" or "Guard".

Ok. I'll cancel web for now, but do it tonight instead.

Cancel Web.

Join Annihilator Mission
Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #3221
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Spider-Man, you will not be able to do both. You must do the mission OR spin your web.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #3222
Punisher
High School JV

Scarlet, I have to attack someone before the deadline, I may not have a chance to return in time.

Doom decrees I attack you, so I have.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #3223
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
SilverSurfer, refresh my memory.. was the Galactus mission that she spent so much energy on before or after your message to us all regarding Galactus being injured?

I believe my message came after that. I will verify this.

Quote:
My issue here is that by itself, spending alot of energy on a Galactus mission does not really tell me much, and in fact if the rebels felt they were winning and we were going to focus enough on that rebel mission to try to win at the cost of ignoring Galactus, would a rebel play possibly be to beg off the rebel mission, and spend enough energy on the Galactus mission to appear like a hero (even though stopping Galactus helps both us and the Rebels) while actually trying to take care of both of their goals at the same time?

I agree with this as far as not throwing a Galactus mission. My issue is simply that she spent 18 energy. She had no way of knowing I or anyone else had a power that would allow us to check on that. I suspect that say 10 energy would have come off as a solid effort in a mission. So why so much?

While indeed the rebels have as much motivation as us to defeat Galactus, when I try to put my mind on their side I believe I would contribute enough to be noticed, but save as much energy as possible into rebel mission success or other powers.

I'm as surprised as anyone else to be defending Scarlet Witch, and I really don't care that much one way or the other if she is the attack target. My point was really that I think we've got some better rebel candidates who are flying low, and we're getting to a point numbers-wise (about halfway through the game, right?) that we need to really feel pretty good about our lynch targets.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #3224
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
(hoops, what is the mission deadline today?)

4PM CST
Old 10-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #3225
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Punisher, Doom said you may 'feel free' to follow suit. Hardly a decree.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #3226
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Mr. Fantastic -- the mission where Scarlet Witch expended all her energy was Friday. That night was when I sensed the information about Galactus -- so it was afterwards.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #3227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Ok. I'll cancel web for now, but do it tonight instead.

Cancel Web.

Join Annihilator Mission

Special actions posted in the thread cannot be revoked. Web stays. Spider-Man is not participating in the Mission.

ooc - not trying to be a rules Nazi, but it is Day 6 and I think allowing this reversal would invite very fair criticism from others who may have wanted to switch their special actions, but were told no, from earlier in the game.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #3228
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Iron Fist, Kang, Nick Fury and Vision, I believe you have not joined a mission for the cause of Doom. Is one of these the one that caused the Hulk to attack your rightful monarch?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #3229
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

(ooc: did Vision volunteer for a mission last night I think?)
Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #3230
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Punisher, Doom said you may 'feel free' to follow suit. Hardly a decree.
Still, I have to attack someone.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #3231
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

ORDER Kang to guard Mr.Fantastic

That will take care of one of those four at least.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #3232
Punisher
High School JV

For your sake, Scarlet, I will attempt to return before the deadline, though no promises can be made.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #3233
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

So much for your signature line, Punisher.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #3234
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
(ooc: did Vision volunteer for a mission last night I think?)

Just went back to look. He made an attack and ordered a guard, but that was it. He said he should be back before the night time, but not sure if he meant prior to missions or not.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #3235
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Iron Fist, Kang, Nick Fury and Vision, I believe you have not joined a mission for the cause of Doom. Is one of these the one that caused the Hulk to attack your rightful monarch?

I was waiting on where you wanted me to go. Name it and I'm there.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #3236
Punisher
High School JV

Unfortunately for you, Scarlet, I have no reason to trust you.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #3237
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
ORDER Kang to guard Mr.Fantastic

That will take care of one of those four at least.

You got it Mr. F.

I think Doom had his eyes on sending me to a mission though. Additionally, I'd like a chance to go on an anti-rebel mission so as to prove to everyone who keeps picking on me for not going on one.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #3238
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

You have been assigned elsewhere, Kang.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #3239
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Looks like a pretty sparse mission at this point once again.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #3240
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Are you saying you distrust me? If that's the case, I understand -- you're starting to say something much different from the "Doom told me to" story you were pushing before. Although, I urge you to find out how much damage Beast did to me the other day. I could see Beast as a rebel putting a standard attack on another rebel, but I was hurt a LOT that day, and I don't think he would have dealt that much damage on another rebel.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #3241
Punisher
High School JV

Scarlet, the reason I'm attacking is that Doom says to. I don't have much time left. Take that for what it's worth. I don't really feel for you either way.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #3242
Punisher
High School JV

I'd like to sit back and get more information, but I may not have that time or opportunity.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM   #3243
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'll take it for exactly what it is -- a lie, since Doom never actualy *told* you to attack me. No point talking about it further, if you're going to insist on that lie. You've been pressed on it, and have made your bed. There's nothing more required of you.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #3244
Punisher
High School JV

Funny. Press your luck.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #3245
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Let the backtracking begin. If you're going to attack me, that's fine, I'm a big girl and can take it, but don't put the blame for it on someone else. They're your fists or whatever-you're-using, own up to them.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #3246
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

No thanks. I hate whammies.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #3247
Punisher
High School JV

Doom suggested it or however you want to put it. I take his suggestion as a command, which as a leader you want. It's unfortunate you're taking it to the level you are.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #3248
Aardwolf
n00b

Wow, that was a lot (and I just skimmed over it due to time limitations). I think we need to target telepaths at this point. I believe Scarlet Witch falls into that category. She is weak, it is almost time to feed.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #3249
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

You CONTINUE to blame Doom for your bad vote? I really don't understand. I guess I have nothing to fear, if voting for me is something people don't want to take credit for.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #3250
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Yes Aardwolf, we already understand that you are merely voting for me because I am weak. You've got a loyalist in your sights, eh?