Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL-X 2025 Offseason Thread

Congrats to the Champs! The New York Legends win their 6th franchise title!

Last edited by Alan T : 09-27-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

2024 Awards:

Hitter of the year:

CL - Hyun-koo Pak (St. Cloud)

RL - Jorge Chávez (Cleveland)

Pitcher of the Year:

CL - Mike Wheaton (Chicago)

RL - Razan Takeuchi (Las Vegas)

Rookier of the year:

CL - Jonas Atkinson (Stafford)

RL - Manny Alomar (New York)

Commissioner's Award:

CL - Mike Wheaton (Chicago)

RL - Ramiro Salas (Ann Arbor)

Best Fielders:

CL:
Pitcher: Oscar Belzile (Washington Freedom)
Catcher: Aaron Turner (Washington Freedom)
First Baseman: Gil Field (Washington Freedom)
Second Baseman: Juan Quiñones (Plantana Pirates)
Third Baseman: Juan Balderas (Stafford Terriers)
Shortstop: Kyle Allen (Washington Freedom)
Left Fielder: Gula Najub (Oshawa Mullets)
Center Fielder: Tony Romero (Oshawa Mullets)
Right Fielder: José Reyes (Oshawa Mullets)

RL:
Pitcher: Mario Germán (Las Vegas Wildcats)
Catcher: Nobuatsu Ine (Maricopa Rattlers)
First Baseman: Franklin Martin (Las Vegas Wildcats)
Second Baseman: Enrique Cardona (Spring Lions)
Third Baseman: Iván García (Spring Lions)
Shortstop: Alan Chapman (Las Vegas Wildcats)
Left Fielder: Jorge Chávez (Cleveland Naps)
Center Fielder: Feng-xiang Situ (Maricopa Rattlers)
Right Fielder: Tony Santiago (Maricopa Rattlers)

Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today's Stat of the day:

Most 200 Strikeout Seasons
(Top 25 Players)
PlayerSeasons
Mauro Morales18
Bobby Kuhn14
Lorne Campbell13
Iván Ordóñez12
José Ríos12
George Wilson12
Rob Wright10
Salvador Hernández9
Matt Gibbs8
Carlos Bardino7
Yann Bujold7
Matt Hicks7
Alfredo Saldaña7
Alfredo Tarungo7
Júlio Morán6
Bruno Plourde6
Pedro Sánchez6
Hirohisa Arai5
John Duncan5
Allen Hansen5
Ton Sakamoto5
Taylor White5
Edgardo Alonso4
Finley Clement4
José Codne4

Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok sim time, sorry for the late start. getting exports now

Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, November 13th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent 2B Kenny Gasper to a minor league contract.

Sunday, November 10th, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SS Ed Searle to a 3-year contract worth a total of $5,832,000.
Friday, November 8th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SS Cipriano López to a minor league contract.
Thursday, November 7th, 2024
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent MR Daniel Pennington to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,989,000.
Wednesday, November 6th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SP Kevin McCord to a minor league contract.
Tuesday, November 5th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent RF Kenzo Imai to a minor league contract.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR Carlos Ortíz to a minor league contract.
Sunday, November 3rd, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent 1B Jorge Vega to a minor league contract.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent LF Bill Patrick to a minor league contract.

Wednesday, October 30th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR Kenny Landry to a minor league contract.
Tuesday, October 29th, 2024
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SS Steve Cole to a minor league contract.
Sunday, October 27th, 2024
Stafford Terriers: Signed MR Martin Davis to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $4,666,200.
Stafford Terriers: Signed SP Dave O'Neal to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $8,912,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed SP Freddy Sánchez to a minor league contract extension.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed SP Juan Vera to a 6-year contract extension worth a total of $28,663,638.
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Orlando Tirado to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $5,175,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed SP Fernando Reyes to a minor league contract extension.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed MR Anthony Common to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed MR José Ruíz to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $2,070,000.
Maricopa Rattlers: Signed SP León Soriano to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $19,550,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed SP Jaime Chacón to a minor league contract extension.
Saturday, October 26th, 2024
St Louis Hops: Signed 3B Pepe Rivera to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $200,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed SP Keith Pepin to a minor league contract extension.
Thursday, October 24th, 2024
Stafford Terriers: Signed CL Nakazo Takeuchi to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $517,500.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed MR Colin Blais to a minor league contract extension.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed MR Diego López to a minor league contract extension.
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2024
Washington Freedom: Signed MR Diego Colón to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $150,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed LF Micheal Hobbs to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,021,200.
New York Legends: Signed 1B Bo Cheng to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,000,000.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Free Agency starts tomorrow morning.

Since I was a little late this morning, I'll give some extra time tomorrow for exports. Exports due by 9am ET and I'll run the sim then.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
cmldude
Mascot

Wow how did Razan Takeuchi win the pitcher of the year award? Good for him
NL Champs-1921,1922,1923,1924,1925,1926,1927,1929,1931,1936
World Champs-1922,1924,1925,1929,1931

FOOLX--Las Vegas Wildcats since 2010
Playoff Apperences-11
Classic Champs-2054,2067
cmldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Huerta Enters FOOLX Hall of Fame

Friday, November 15th, 2024: Thousands of fans braved the scorching sun to watch and cheer as baseball's latest legend, Luis Huerta, was inducted into the FOOL-X Hall of Fame today. With his 580 home runs, 3244 hits and lifetime .320 batting average, everyone knew the gifted right fielder belonged with the immortals of the game. Still, Huerta remained humble.

"I'm a very lucky person to be born with the skill to play baseball and through baseball I built a name for myself," said Huerta. Now finally his career as a baseball player is complete, "This seals it," he said. "To get the recognition that every ballplayer seeks -- this is completion for me."

In his epic career he played in 2811 games and finished with 1866 RBIs and 2288 runs scored.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #9
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Estrada Joins HOF Immortals
Friday, November 15th, 2024: The hallowed halls of baseball have been enlarged. Today a great pitcher was added to its list of legends as perennial all-star Ignacio Estrada was inducted into the FOOL-X Hall of Fame.

He was famous for his quirky motion. Estrada baffled hitters with a rocking, twisting windup and an assortment of release points that ranged from over the top to nearly underhand.
Many batters said, "He threw everything at me but the ball."

Estrada posted a lifetime 278-186 record with a 3.92 ERA and whiffed 3337 batters in 4089 innings.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Running a little behind on a conference call for work right now. Will start up the sim as soon as this call is done. I'm actually presenting information from my other desktop in a live meeting, so not something I can do while running the sim I fear.

Shouldn't take too long I hope!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Running a little behind on a conference call for work right now. Will start up the sim as soon as this call is done. I'm actually presenting information from my other desktop in a live meeting, so not something I can do while running the sim I fear.

Shouldn't take too long I hope!

Present Information Well!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ready to roll, getting exports now

Old 09-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, December 19th, 2024
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Edgar Leyva to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,695,000.
Monday, December 16th, 2024
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent 3B Alfonso Ramírez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $5,599,000.
Saturday, December 14th, 2024
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Stanley Carter to a 2-year contract worth a total of $5,120,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Nelson Muller to a 7-year contract worth a total of $87,000,000.
Thursday, December 12th, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Doug Padgett to a 3-year contract worth a total of $4,386,000.
Monday, December 9th, 2024
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent CF Anastasio Coronado to a 2-year contract worth a total of $21,018,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent 1B Pedro Ríos to a minor league contract.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent MR Robert Rousseau to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,123,000.
Saturday, December 7th, 2024
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent MR Tsutomu Hasegawa to a 3-year contract worth a total of $10,166,000.
Friday, December 6th, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent CL Juan Reynoso to a 1-year contract worth a total of $266,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent SS Kyle Johnson to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,220,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent 2B Bruce Lacoste to a minor league contract.
Thursday, December 5th, 2024
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent SP Steven van Lochem to a 3-year contract worth a total of $35,127,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF Xavier Matos to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,084,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent RF Bartolo Reyes to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,186,000.
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Vincente Padilla to a 1-year contract worth a total of $422,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent 3B John McLean to a 6-year contract worth a total of $8,700,000.
Monday, December 2nd, 2024
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Xiao-shuang Hann to a 1-year contract worth a total of $915,000.
St Louis Hops: Signed free agent SS Man-u Cho to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,576,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Greg Rodgers to a 2-year contract worth a total of $4,246,000.
Chicago Southpaws: Signed free agent 2B Jesús Salas to a 3-year contract worth a total of $16,500,000.
Sunday, December 1st, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Enrico Gómez to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,560,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SP Mike Díaz to a minor league contract.

Saturday, November 30th, 2024
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Javier Ávila to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,918,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent CL Demetrio Maral to a minor league contract.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent SP Tom Vincent to a minor league contract.
Friday, November 29th, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent C Ben Armstrong to a 2-year contract worth a total of $2,244,000.
Thursday, November 28th, 2024
Spring Lions: Signed free agent SS Clint Lewis to a 3-year contract worth a total of $15,942,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Paul Riggs to a 2-year contract worth a total of $481,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent SS Jorge Martínez to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,196,000.
Sunday, November 24th, 2024
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent MR Miguel Piña to a 4-year contract worth a total of $9,380,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent SP Hikaru Kokawa to a minor league contract.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent SP Manny Gómez to a minor league contract.
Wednesday, November 20th, 2024
New York Legends: Signed 3B Jason Brownlee to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $6,000,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Diego Rodríguez to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed 2B Jesús Ortíz to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Juan Moreno to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed C Donald Dixon to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Dominique Sauvé to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 1B Francisco Sánchez to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed MR Tyson Hines to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 1B Ed Major to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Lúcio Mireles to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed C Augusto Mercado to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed SP John Smith to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed SP Brian Roy to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Miguel Rivera to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Alfonso Santiago to a minor league contract extension.
Tuesday, November 19th, 2024
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Yoshitsune Suzuki to a minor league contract extension.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SP Albert Gallegos to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, November 18th, 2024
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 2B Manuel Morín to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed MR Francisco Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
Portland Axemen: Signed C Jody Bishop to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP José López to a minor league contract extension.
Sunday, November 17th, 2024
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Martin Turner to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Jorge Hernández to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Claude Henry to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed 3B Charles Barnes to a minor league contract extension.
Saturday, November 16th, 2024
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed SP Armando Osorio to a minor league contract extension.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed MR Yuki Murata to a minor league contract extension.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Offseason retirement:

Spoiler

Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #15
spot
High School JV

Odd. Estrada's news story and player card have different stats.

FOOL: Chico Rebels
2060-Present

PCBL Philadelphia Ambassadors
1993-Present
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Odd. Estrada's news story and player card have different stats.

I think the Hall of Fame Cards must pull All Stats (including minor leagues) which would be wrong behavior probably.

Maybe it is the template I'm using for them though and not the actual game that is broken here though.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 AM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. Spring Training and the Amateur Draft runs tomorrow morning.

Likely will be a little late again tomorrow morning. I have an appointment in the morning that will delay me.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #18
spot
High School JV

I can't figure this game out.

I offered Jesus Salas 2 years at 17.5mil total yet he signs for Chicago for 3 years 16.5mil total.

Grrr...

FOOL: Chico Rebels
2060-Present

PCBL Philadelphia Ambassadors
1993-Present
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I can't figure this game out.

I offered Jesus Salas 2 years at 17.5mil total yet he signs for Chicago for 3 years 16.5mil total.

Grrr...

Yeah, even though personalities are turned off in this league, I think there is still something underneath the hood that makes decisions like this at times. Completely seperate from the personality engine, there must be something that helps players prefer certain scenerios: (less years, more years, etc). We know for a fact once you get to spring training they will almost always (not always though) choose the deal for the least amount of years for instance.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #20
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Quote:
Yeah, even though personalities are turned off in this league

Out of curiousity, why are the personality ratings turned off? I thought all this time they were on lol
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSMOOTH View Post
Out of curiousity, why are the personality ratings turned off? I thought all this time they were on lol

One of those things that have always been off even though I'm not sure if I remember all of the reasons for it. Keep in mind the original fool started on OOTP8, and personalities kind of sucked in those older versions. If I was to make a guess, the reason we probably always left it off was things exactly like what Spot posted above. Not wanting to have unexplainable things occur just at the whim of the random dice of a personality system.

I'm assuming since overwhelmingly the league has always voted to keep the randomness out of things such as talent deviation and development in the past, that this type of thing would fall into the same boat. Since unfortunately the personality system in OOTP doesn't seem to add immersion like it does in FM, but instead just adds additional frustration due to bad rolls of the dice.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Interesting. I've never played with them turned off, I actually sort of prefer them on for the added strategy.

Good to know they are off though, would explain some of the disappointments with some of my prospects/players.

Quote:
One of those things that have always been off even though I'm not sure if I remember all of the reasons for it. Keep in mind the original fool started on OOTP8, and personalities kind of sucked in those older versions. If I was to make a guess, the reason we probably always left it off was things exactly like what Spot posted above. Not wanting to have unexplainable things occur just at the whim of the random dice of a personality system.

I'm assuming since overwhelmingly the league has always voted to keep the randomness out of things such as talent deviation and development in the past, that this type of thing would fall into the same boat. Since unfortunately the personality system in OOTP doesn't seem to add immersion like it does in FM, but instead just adds additional frustration due to bad rolls of the dice.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #23
mattcubs
Mascot

This is so close to realism it is kinda creepy....

2009 the New York Yankees win the World Series months later owner George Steinbrenner dies leaving ownership to son Hank.

2024 the New York Legends win the championship months later owner Otto Chambers dies leaving control of the franchise to son Otto Jr.

Fool/ootp never ceases to amaze me...

Montreal Greys(FOOL 21??)
mattcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 PM   #24
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Not to mention, the Yankees lost 100+ games 5 straight seasons a few years prior to winning a Championship, just like the Legends. Oh wait, I just went back over the Yankees history, guess that didn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcubs View Post
This is so close to realism it is kinda creepy....

2009 the New York Yankees win the World Series months later owner George Steinbrenner dies leaving ownership to son Hank.

2024 the New York Legends win the championship months later owner Otto Chambers dies leaving control of the franchise to son Otto Jr.

Fool/ootp never ceases to amaze me...
Old 09-29-2010, 06:58 AM   #25
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

No pitching in this years Am.Draft...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-29-2010 at 07:12 AM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #26
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
No pitching in this years Am.Draft...

Well, none to speak of with respect to starters at least.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok sim time. getting exports now. Sorry for the delay, I'm back from the doctor's office

Old 09-29-2010, 08:08 AM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Round 1
Round 1, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: CF Brian Smart
Round 1, Pick 2 - Cleveland Naps: RF Pedro Medina
Round 1, Pick 3 - St Louis Hops: C Matt Hall
Round 1, Pick 4 - Havana Banana Sluggers: SS Simon LaRocque
Round 1, Pick 5 - Spring Lions: 1B Guo Ruan
Round 1, Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: C Roberto Bravo
Round 1, Pick 7 - Waikiki Beach Boys: LF Rubén Arce
Round 1, Pick 8 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR John Martin
Round 1, Pick 9 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Jorge Hernández
Round 1, Pick 10 - Chicago Southpaws: LF Louis-Gabriel Boyer
Round 1, Pick 11 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Ángel Hernández
Round 1, Pick 12 - Waikiki Beach Boys: 1B Robinson Quintero
Round 1, Pick 13 - Maricopa Rattlers: SP Masaharu Yamamoto
Round 1, Pick 14 - Washington Freedom: C Tomiji Murakami
Round 1, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: SS Tyan-yu Zhang
Round 1, Pick 16 - Washington Freedom: RF Qing-nian Wa
Supplemental Round 1
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: 2B José Torres
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 2 - Waikiki Beach Boys: CF Michel Bérard
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 3 - St Cloud Raindrops: 3B Fabien Grenier
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 4 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Tomás González
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 5 - Stafford Terriers: RF Gilberto Quiñones
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 6 - Chicago Southpaws: SP Wicaksono Layar
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 7 - Maricopa Rattlers: C Iain Reus
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 8 - Washington Freedom: SP Perry Pace
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 9 - Cleveland Naps: CL Calvin Connor
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 10 - Maricopa Rattlers: RF Liam Fishburn
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 11 - Maricopa Rattlers: 1B Julien Lessard
Round 1 (Supplemental Round), Pick 12 - Chicago Southpaws: CL Luis Contreras
Round 2
Round 2, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: LF Anthony Anderson
Round 2, Pick 2 - Cleveland Naps: CL Lúcio Mojera
Round 2, Pick 3 - St Louis Hops: LF Adro Alexandre
Round 2, Pick 4 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Zeth Bilias
Round 2, Pick 5 - Stafford Terriers: CL Cho-rin Im
Round 2, Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: 3B Ignacio Montoya
Round 2, Pick 7 - Waikiki Beach Boys: SS José Luyo
Round 2, Pick 8 - Plantana Pirates: SS Santiago Ortíz
Round 2, Pick 9 - Oshawa Mullets: 1B Víctor Soriano
Round 2, Pick 10 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Brian Jones
Round 2, Pick 11 - Stafford Terriers: MR Jeff Wright
Round 2, Pick 12 - Chicago Southpaws: RF José Gutiérrez
Round 2, Pick 13 - Maricopa Rattlers: 2B Ray Tate
Round 2, Pick 14 - New York Legends: MR Iván Gonzáles
Round 2, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: CL Aurelio Aguilera
Round 2, Pick 16 - Washington Freedom: C Kevin Griffin
Round 3
Round 3, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: RF Juan Bravo
Round 3, Pick 2 - Cleveland Naps: C Armando Ruíz
Round 3, Pick 3 - St Louis Hops: MR David Castillo
Round 3, Pick 4 - Havana Banana Sluggers: CL Vincent Gibson
Round 3, Pick 5 - Spring Lions: C Chris Hunt
Round 3, Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: 3B Miguel Ojeda
Round 3, Pick 7 - Waikiki Beach Boys: MR Germán Durán
Round 3, Pick 8 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: 2B Jasper Carlisle
Round 3, Pick 9 - Oshawa Mullets: RF Manuel Cruz
Round 3, Pick 10 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Norm Steward
Round 3, Pick 11 - Stafford Terriers: LF Arturo Beltrán
Round 3, Pick 12 - Chicago Southpaws: CF John Cox
Round 3, Pick 13 - Maricopa Rattlers: MR Jason Bullock
Round 3, Pick 14 - New York Legends: MR Joe Martin
Round 3, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: C Juan Ortega
Round 3, Pick 16 - Washington Freedom: 3B Jeremy Dobson
Round 4
Round 4, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: SS Zhao-ying Xin
Round 4, Pick 2 - Cleveland Naps: 3B Lou Smith
Round 4, Pick 3 - St Louis Hops: MR Guy Brewer
Round 4, Pick 4 - Havana Banana Sluggers: SP Bill O'Cullenan
Round 4, Pick 5 - Spring Lions: CF Conan Howell
Round 4, Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: MR Giambattista Lucciardi
Round 4, Pick 7 - Waikiki Beach Boys: MR You-de You
Round 4, Pick 8 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: MR Bill Harper
Round 4, Pick 9 - Oshawa Mullets: 2B Paco Mercado
Round 4, Pick 10 - St Cloud Raindrops: SP Ryan Noseworthy
Round 4, Pick 11 - Stafford Terriers: LF José Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 12 - Chicago Southpaws: MR Raúl Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 13 - Maricopa Rattlers: MR Rob Brown
Round 4, Pick 14 - New York Legends: 2B Armando Alicea
Round 4, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: LF Cristo Rodríguez
Round 4, Pick 16 - Washington Freedom: C Manuel Chacón
Round 5
Round 5, Pick 1 - Plantana Pirates: MR Patrick Knight
Round 5, Pick 2 - Cleveland Naps: MR Michael O'Herlihy
Round 5, Pick 3 - St Louis Hops: 1B Manny Pérez
Round 5, Pick 4 - Havana Banana Sluggers: 2B Juan Campos
Round 5, Pick 5 - Spring Lions: SP Raúl Alfonso
Round 5, Pick 6 - Las Vegas Wildcats: 1B Inigo Corvite
Round 5, Pick 7 - Waikiki Beach Boys: 3B Arthur Morgan
Round 5, Pick 8 - Ann Arbor Wolverines: C Jeremiah James
Round 5, Pick 9 - Oshawa Mullets: 1B Nick Payne
Round 5, Pick 10 - St Cloud Raindrops: MR Daniel Cechmanek
Round 5, Pick 11 - Stafford Terriers: C Koyo Taniguchi
Round 5, Pick 12 - Chicago Southpaws: 2B John Jenkins
Round 5, Pick 13 - Maricopa Rattlers: 2B Matt Aaron
Round 5, Pick 14 - New York Legends: MR Víctor Manzanar
Round 5, Pick 15 - Portland Axemen: SP Jesse Hudson
Round 5, Pick 16 - Washington Freedom: SP Tomás Reyes

Old 09-29-2010, 08:10 AM   #29
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, March 13th, 2025
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed SP Pedro Ortíz to a 7-year contract extension worth a total of $61,180,000.
Portland Axemen: Signed 2B Alberto Rodríguez to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $8,500,000.
Spring Lions: Signed DH Roberto Cardona to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $2,200,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed SS Curt Hunt to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $1,896,000.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2025
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed CL Charlie Lewis to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $29,900,000.
Tuesday, March 11th, 2025
New York Legends: Signed SP Donald James to a minor league contract extension.
Monday, March 10th, 2025
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Randy Scott to a 1-year contract worth a total of $826,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent CL José Garza to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,791,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent 3B Brian Hicks to a 1-year contract worth a total of $3,248,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent SP Jorge Jiménez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,505,000.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent SP Joe Phillips to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,617,000.
Plantana Pirates: Signed free agent MR Nelle Mansvelt to a 1-year contract worth a total of $421,000.
Sunday, March 9th, 2025
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent LF Mike Frazer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,600,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent MR Stephen Simmons to a 1-year contract worth a total of $905,000.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent SP Mike Wheaton to a 1-year contract worth a total of $12,118,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent MR Teruo Nakagawa to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,298,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent SP Eddie Moore to a 1-year contract worth a total of $957,000.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent MR Claudio DiCaprio to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,143,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent MR Carl Young to a 1-year contract worth a total of $858,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent MR Bob Wells to a 1-year contract worth a total of $516,000.
Stafford Terriers: Signed free agent 2B William Taylor to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,859,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent SP John Martin to a 3-year contract worth a total of $15,855,000.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent RF Martin Pfeffer to a 1-year contract worth a total of $963,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Benoît Bélanger to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,724,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent SP Rudy Dunne to a minor league contract.
St Cloud Raindrops: Signed free agent SP Francisco Gutiérrez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,181,000.
Washington Freedom: Signed free agent SP Oscar Belzile to a 1-year contract worth a total of $4,500,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent C Henry Bancroft to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,541,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent C Pedro Gonzáles to a minor league contract.
Cleveland Naps: Signed free agent CF José Chávez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $869,000.
Oshawa Mullets: Signed free agent CF Carlos Pérez to a 5-year contract worth a total of $41,375,000.
Havana Banana Sluggers: Signed free agent SP Ricardo Castro to a 4-year contract worth a total of $34,000,000.
Las Vegas Wildcats: Signed free agent SS Richard van Kleef to a minor league contract.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed free agent RF José Mendoza to a minor league contract.

New York Legends: Signed free agent MR Joe Webb to a 1-year contract worth a total of $2,000,000.
Spring Lions: Signed free agent C Bob Joly to a 2-year contract worth a total of $24,844,000.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent LF Fernando Reyna to a minor league contract.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent MR Jeff Ransdell to a minor league contract.
Ann Arbor Wolverines: Signed 3B Cristián Escobedo to a minor league contract extension.
Waikiki Beach Boys: Signed free agent C Jorge Rodríguez to a minor league contract.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Continental League

TeamWLPctGBRFRAPRecPPctDiff
Washington Freedom159.625-12210214-10.5811
Plantana Pirates159.625-13010015-9.6170
Oshawa Mullets159.625-13710914-10.6031
St Cloud Raindrops1410.5831.01347817-7.728-3
Stafford Terriers1113.4584.010411011-13.4750
Chicago Southpaws1113.4584.09210910-14.4231
St Louis Hops816.3337.0931567-17.2811
Havana Banana Sluggers717.2928.01031518-16.333-1
Republic League
New York Legends186.750-1218016-8.6802
Waikiki Beach Boys1410.5834.01308816-8.670-2
Portland Axemen1410.5834.014313013-11.5431
Maricopa Rattlers1311.5425.010310512-12.4911
Ann Arbor Wolverines1212.5006.011312111-13.4691
Las Vegas Wildcats1014.4178.011912711-13.470-1
Spring Lions816.33310.010712810-14.419-2
Cleveland Naps717.29211.01051627-17.3120

Old 09-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #31
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up. The regular season runs tomorrow morning!

Coming up next, the preseason preview!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Preseason Player of the Year Pick
Manuel Zamora
First BasePlantana Pirates

Preseason Pitcher of the Year Pick
Edward Holt
PitcherSpring Lions

Preseason Rookie of the Year Pick
Jesús Guevara
OutfieldAnn Arbor Wolverines

Preseason Team Ratings

Continental League
Chicago Southpaws:
B
Havana Banana Sluggers:
C
Oshawa Mullets:
D
Plantana Pirates:
C
St Cloud Raindrops:
C
St Louis Hops:
D
Stafford Terriers:
B
Washington Freedom:
B
Republic League
Ann Arbor Wolverines:
B
Cleveland Naps:
C
Las Vegas Wildcats:
F
Maricopa Rattlers:
C
New York Legends:
A+
Portland Axemen:
A+
Spring Lions:
A
Waikiki Beach Boys:
C

Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

My first thought is... Holt is only 28? You mean he just now is entering his supposed prime?

He feels like he's been around forever already.

I'll be interested to see how his development curves off after age 31 though. In previous versions of OOTP, players that came in super early (like he did at age 19) tended to fade a little earlier. I'm curious how long he'll be a top pitcher in the league beyond 31/32 to see if ootp 11 is comparable.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Republic League leads the Continental League in all time titles 39 to 25, including 9 out of the last 11 championships!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #35
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

I hate when I don't sign the guys I need on the first day of FA. I was left scrounging around this year so we have another season of being low-average.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #36
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Ok sim time. getting exports now. Sorry for the delay, I'm back from the doctor's office

Are you healthy?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #37
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
The Republic League leads the Continental League in all time titles 39 to 25, including 9 out of the last 11 championships!

Nothing that the Raindrops do this year will help to change that. Sorry CL friends!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #38
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Are you healthy?

Just was getting blood taken. I have a checkup on Friday, so they need the blood before hand to test before my appointment.

I feel healthy, so I'm sure when I go in on Friday the doctor will say I have ebola or something.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #39
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

I feel healthy, so I'm sure when I go in on Friday the doctor will say I have ebola or something.

LOL, isn't that always how it goes? I'll hope not for ya!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #40
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't get the ratings sometimes, although I know there's a reason for everything in there.

For instance, if you check out Havana's ratings, the only one that makes sense is the OF ("C" although, IMO, it might be better than that).

At SP, I am a B. IMO, that part of the team was the reason we fell apart last season.We signed Castro, but we lost Jimenez. So that grade should be lower.

Everywhere else, it's all "F", if you can believe it.

In the pen, I don't have any truly dominant players, and I lost my closer. So I would have been surprised if I got a good grade out of middle relief and closer. That said, I have a lot of guys who it seems to me have performed pretty well, even if they're not dominant star relievers. I would think I would be in the D/C category.

And then there's C & the INF spots. Again, I am no great shakes here. There are no stars. The one guy I had who seemed to be close to a star was Ruiz, and I had to let him walk (and the bastard keeps turning down my offers to come back). 1B should definitely be an F, since the guys I have looked to play there aren't listed as 1B.

That said, I have a catcher with decent defensive ability and 8 CON/7 POW. I have a couple light POW/good CON hitters at 2B. I have low CON/high POW guys at 3B. And I have a SS who is fairly okay defensively and who is decent at the plate. None of these positions should be A, and I would be surprised at a B. But F?

Additional important factoid that may not be known: This same group of players, minus Ruiz, led the RL in runs scored last season and in several other offensive categories. I lost last year because of pitching, not hitting.

So, anyway, just curious about that. I admit it's no wonderful team, but I admit I was surprised at a string of "F"s from RP to SS.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, not saying the ratings are wrong--just curious about how they are determined with relation to my team. I am trying to attach what they mean and how it pertains to how my players at those spots are likely to perform.

It will be an interesting year in the CL, it seems. Not a single overall A rating in the league. Which just means that St. Cloud will win it all.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
LOL, isn't that always how it goes? I'll hope not for ya!

You don't understand how true that is. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago about something I felt was no big deal and Monday and Tuesday of this week and I have had to have a ultrasound (below is a funny story about this), circulation test, and a MRI. All of this for a little pin hole in my foot. Today a home health care nurse will be visiting for this little pin whole.

Funny story time.....

My 2 year old (almost 3) asks lots of questions and is a bright little bugger as she asks these questions. My wives friend is pregnant and just had a ultrasound a week or 2 ago. My daughter of course has to go with us to my doctors appointment during the day so she heard the doctor say I needed a ultrasound. Well a few weeks ago when my wives friend had the ultrasound Zoey (my daughter) asked what that picture was and my wife explained to her that a ultrasound is for taking pictures of the babies. She was brief and not to detailed of course. Well I am getting the lift out for my wheelchair when out of the blue my almost 3 year old asks me will we get to see the baby when you get the pictures done. It was hilarious in the sense that she even remembered what a ultrasound was with the fact she thought daddy was having a baby. It will be a story we tell about Zoey the rest of our lives. Interesting funny moment.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 09-29-2010 at 10:05 AM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, not saying the ratings are wrong--just curious about how they are determined with relation to my team. I am trying to attach what they mean and how it pertains to how my players at those spots are likely to perform.

It will be an interesting year in the CL, it seems. Not a single overall A rating in the league. Which just means that St. Cloud will win it all.

If you have players playing out of position (ie a player listed as a second baseman who primarily plays 3B), it might confuse my ratings some. or if you have some strategy that might be unorthodox that I haven't figured out personally from watching yet , that might throw me off some too.

Edit: I also use some personal preferences in regards to the number of ideal starting pitchers or relief pitchers or such on a team too. So doing things slightly different might mess up my ratings some too.

Last edited by Alan T : 09-29-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
You don't understand how true that is. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago about something I felt was no big deal and Monday and Tuesday of this week and I have had to have a ultrasound (below is a funny story about this), circulation test, and a MRI. All of this for a little pin hole in my foot. Today a home health care nurse will be visiting for this little pin whole.

Funny story time.....

My 2 year old (almost 3) asks lots of questions and is a bright little bugger as she asks these questions. My wives friend is pregnant and just had a ultrasound a week or 2 ago. My daughter of course has to go with us to my doctors appointment during the day so she heard the doctor say I needed a ultrasound. Well a few weeks ago when my wives friend had the ultrasound Zoey (my daughter) asked what that picture was and my wife explained to her that a ultrasound is for taking pictures of the babies. She was brief and not to detailed of course. Well I am getting the lift out for my wheelchair when out of the blue my almost 3 year old asks me will we get to see the baby when you get the pictures done. It was hilarious in the sense that she even remembered what a ultrasound was with the fact she thought daddy was having a baby. It will be a story we tell about Zoey the rest of our lives. Interesting funny moment.

That was a good story

Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 AM   #45
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you have players playing out of position (ie a player listed as a second baseman who primarily plays 3B), it might confuse my ratings some. or if you have some strategy that might be unorthodox that I haven't figured out personally from watching yet , that might throw me off some too.

Edit: I also use some personal preferences in regards to the number of ideal starting pitchers or relief pitchers or such on a team too. So doing things slightly different might mess up my ratings some too.

Yeah, I figured there might be something lost in the translation. Like I said about 1B, my likely current 1B isn't even listed as a 1B right now (although I ams till hopeful of bringing in a natural 1B before the season tomorrow). But I expected an F from the 1B spot. My nominative 1B all suck right now. The other spots are all manned by players currently listed at that position.

I think you answered this before, but I believe your ratings are based on an absolute standard, and not relative, right? So the grades are based on a comparison with a set standard definition of quality, instead of in comparison to the other teams (for instance, all teams could have F in SP in a very weak pitching league on an absolute standard, but on a relative standard, the "best" weak pitching team might get an A, "grading on the curve").

It wouldn't surprise me if your system grades me down for Control issues. I have always struggled to develop Control, so as a result, I have long had a staff with a lot of high STF, high MVM, low CNT guys. I have found in FOOLX that such players are still very effective and often times stars. But if your system weighs CNT highly, it would rate my pen fairly low (I think maybe 2 guys might rate a '7' or higher in CNT this season).

In any case, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Thanks to constantly losing free agent wars and the obstinance of certain players that really just need to accept the deals they're offered, I still have a ton of cap room I can fill. Still not sure how I will be best served doing it.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #46
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, speaking of the differences between FOOLX and FOOL, has anyone noticed this phenomenon?

It seems to me, in FOOL, you can bring a guy up early (with much room to spare between his Currents and his Potentials) and his Potentials won't necessarily drop to match (at least not unless he is an older prospect, like 27). Instead, he will often continue to grow to reach his Potentials while playing his first few seasons in the bigs.

In FOOLX, it seems like the second you bring a guy up to the bigs, his ratings are largely locked in at that point. They may go up a point in that rookie year, and there are often annusal variations around a general mean throughout the player's career, but usually they stay roughly the same, and within a year or two after reaching the majors, that player's Potentials will have dropped to match the Currents.

It's frustrating a bit, because development in the minors in FOOLX can seem to have little impact at times, thanks in part to the "10" rating system as opposed to the "100" rating used in FOOL.

I thought it might be platform related, but I first noticed this trend in FOOLX when the league was using OOTPX, and now that FOOL is on OOTPX, it still doesn't seem to be falling into that pattern. But on OOTP11, FOOLX is still doing this. So I am not sure what to make of that.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #47
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Chief, I have had the thought that control won't develop to the point it needs to until the majors. I have better luck with control developing in the majors. I wonder if there is anything we can do to the development in FOOLX to advance it some? I think since most of us have been frustrated with this in FOOLX if its not a good time to make an adjustment here.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 AM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I figured there might be something lost in the translation. Like I said about 1B, my likely current 1B isn't even listed as a 1B right now (although I ams till hopeful of bringing in a natural 1B before the season tomorrow). But I expected an F from the 1B spot. My nominative 1B all suck right now. The other spots are all manned by players currently listed at that position.

I think you answered this before, but I believe your ratings are based on an absolute standard, and not relative, right? So the grades are based on a comparison with a set standard definition of quality, instead of in comparison to the other teams (for instance, all teams could have F in SP in a very weak pitching league on an absolute standard, but on a relative standard, the "best" weak pitching team might get an A, "grading on the curve").

It wouldn't surprise me if your system grades me down for Control issues. I have always struggled to develop Control, so as a result, I have long had a staff with a lot of high STF, high MVM, low CNT guys. I have found in FOOLX that such players are still very effective and often times stars. But if your system weighs CNT highly, it would rate my pen fairly low (I think maybe 2 guys might rate a '7' or higher in CNT this season).

In any case, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Thanks to constantly losing free agent wars and the obstinance of certain players that really just need to accept the deals they're offered, I still have a ton of cap room I can fill. Still not sure how I will be best served doing it.

yes, absolute standard. However if everyone ended up with F for pitchers, I might have to revisit my scale

For the most part I find that there is always some equal level of talent across the league as a whole. Just how it distributes itself changes all of the time. (distribution across both teams and positions).

Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #49
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Chief, I have had the thought that control won't develop to the point it needs to until the majors. I have better luck with control developing in the majors. I wonder if there is anything we can do to the development in FOOLX to advance it some? I think since most of us have been frustrated with this in FOOLX if its not a good time to make an adjustment here.

This was an intentional change in the development of players in OOTP (I think in ootp 11, maybe it was OOTPX, but I think it was 11 at least). They intentionally make it extremely rare for young players to have exceptional eye or control. The most common behavior is for a player to start with poor eye and poor control and develop that later than the other ratings. To the point where a player in their early 30s might still be developing their control to be a better control pitcher while their stuff starts to fade.

From what I can tell, that does seem to be happening as designed in our league as well. Whether you like the design or not, that seems to be how it works.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 AM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This was an intentional change in the development of players in OOTP (I think in ootp 11, maybe it was OOTPX, but I think it was 11 at least). They intentionally make it extremely rare for young players to have exceptional eye or control. The most common behavior is for a player to start with poor eye and poor control and develop that later than the other ratings. To the point where a player in their early 30s might still be developing their control to be a better control pitcher while their stuff starts to fade.

From what I can tell, that does seem to be happening as designed in our league as well. Whether you like the design or not, that seems to be how it works.

I'll admit it's anecdotal at best, but I haven't found it to be true that Control develops later or continues to develop in the majors, at least not beyond maybe one further point up. There are exceptions, of course, but they seem relatively rare to me.

For instance, I seem to end up with a lot of pitchers with Potentials (STF/MVM/CNT) similar to a 9/8/8 or a 8/9/7. They seem to stop really developing CNT in the minors around 3-5 (while the other ratings usually are getting within a point of their Potentials while in the minors). I find I end up having to bring these players up, because CNT does not continue to develop. I have repeatedly had guys who are essentially maxed out in STF & MVM by the time they are 21, let's say, and they are pitching well in AAA, but with CNT lagging. And then if I keep them in AAA hoping to see CNT, I just get a Scouting Profile that reads the same year after year (which is why I tend to no longer keep such players at AAA; what's the point?). Regardless, whether I bring them up at 21 or 25, their CNT is usually 2-3 points below their Potentials (at least; it's often more in very high CNT Potential guys). At best, such pitchers develop one more point in CNT, and in 2-3 years the Potentials have dropped to match the lower CNT. I have seen this pattern repeat itself endlessly in my team, through all sorts of different scenarios and developmental situations.

I have seen the late CNT/EYE development trend actually going back to at least OOTP9, but it seems to be of the variety where these ratings stay largely static (after being developed) until 34-35 years old or so, and then when a player is hitting that age where decline is going to set in, these ratings tend to improve slightly (while the others fall). I used to use a suddenly increasing EYE or CNT stat at 34-35 (after years of staying largely the same) as an indicator of imminent collpase of ratings due to age.