Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanksgiving starting early for me

Starting tomorrow, a lot of my family is coming into town for a week's stay for Thanksgiving. They have rented a beach house nearby for the week. A lot of them are the ones from all that drama on Facebook before the election-I've not seen almost all due to COVID. Its going to be hard dealing with all that though I hope we will be able to avoid rehashing all that and just enjoy the holiday. I won't be around here much (I may come back here overnight for my mental health), so just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving now in case I'm not here much this coming week. Hope you all have the best Thanksgiving ever!

Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hope everyone can set their differences aside and enjoy family time!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:07 AM   #3
Edward64
Head Coach

Assume this is our Thanksgiving thread this year ...

I'm thankful that my family and immediate family are all okay and healthy.

Thankful my son has found a job and is excited about starting the next phase of his life.

Thankful my sophomore daughter is genuinely interested in her major (unlike me back when).

Thankful Zillow says my house is worth a lot more than it did 1.5+ years ago.

Thankful for the FOFC community.

Thankful for Biden who has done better than I had hoped overall, less than a year into it - domestically, globally and marketwise (his big miss with me so far is Immigration reform, and inflation is still tbd).

Thankful that we have vaccines and forthcoming therapeutics (thanks Pfizer!) that will help the world. Hopeful the world will be in an acceptable new normal in 2022 (crap, its been about 2 years with this mess).

Thankful for the US, faults and all.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
miami_fan
Coordinator

Happy Thanksgiving FOFC!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:41 AM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Old 11-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #6
AlexB
Pro Starter

Happy thanksgiving to my American friends!
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll know more about my thankfulness level in about an hour.

Attempted my family dressing recipe for the first time in about 20 years (my only previous attempt, unsatisfactory). I'm the only person here that'll know if I got it right or not, but dammit, I'LL know.

edit to update: I'm happy to report that I got awfully darned close. And I'm pretty sure I know both things that should be adjusted to get it even closer next time.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-25-2021 at 01:35 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:36 PM   #8
PilotMan
Head Coach

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am working today, won't get home until tomorrow night, but I want to say that I am thankful for fofc, food, al the years we've shared and all the friends that have been made. Cheers!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #9
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Happy Thanksgiving. Spent time with my wife's family. Her mom is in a hospice facility, so everyone is taking turns going to spend time with her. Smoked a 26 pound turkey that everyone loved including hospice staff, and now I'm smoking a smaller one for our house.
I am very thankful for this nutty internet community that has been together for so long.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-25-2021 at 03:00 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:27 AM   #10
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Happy Thanksgiving. Spent time with my wife's family. Her mom is in a hospice facility, so everyone is taking turns going to spend time with her. Smoked a 26 pound turkey that everyone loved including hospice staff, and now I'm smoking a smaller one for our house.
I am very thankful for this nutty internet community that has been together for so long.

That is pretty cool.

Next year do the smoking at the hospice itself, bet they would be talking about it forever.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-26-2021 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #11
miami_fan
Coordinator

Thanksgiving was wonderful this year. I mean like 2019 wonderful. We had about 30 people over and the weather cooperated enough to be able to allow people to comfortably sit, eat and hang out outside if they wanted to. I decided to do a deep fried jerk turkey this year which turned out very well.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:26 PM   #12
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I avoided nearly all political talk, though COVID issues and mask mandates, especially when there was a report (from Fox I'm guessing) on something to do with the govt/health officials would not know (or know and not release) the effects the various vaccines were having on people for 50 years? I just nodded and tried to stay neutral on these areas and avoid watching the news/twitter for the week I wss away, so it was mostly an enjoyable T-Giving
Old 11-27-2021, 03:28 PM   #13
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I had a turkey sammich today. Now I am drinking hot apple cider as I watch three football games at the same time. I love Thanksgiving.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #14
Flasch186
Coordinator

We had a kid with a learning disability (20+ who mentally is about 11) have a seizure and hit his head on a wooden playset and the ambulance got called out. While they were there working on him and I watched from fairly close by we heard behind us from up at the house, "Does this have nuts in it?" and then a girl started wheezing and coughing grabbing her throat. The mom forgot her epipen so they called out a second ambulance while there and gave her a shot before sending her off to the hospital for overnight observation. I stayed home today while the wife and kids went back. I'm watching Ken Burns Baseball on MLB and enjoying the hell out of some CK3.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 05:50 PM   #15
Edward64
Head Coach

Happy Thanksgiving 2023 everyone!

I am grateful for family's health; stabilizing inflation, recovering markets & nice Zillow price; banner year in gaming (special shoutout to FOF9); and for the FOFC community.

FWIW. Interesting article (with pics!) on special recipes/meals per state. I'm not a big turkey or ham guy (I know, I'm cooking it wrong). Some really good stuff in some states. I give the biggest fail to Delaware though.

Top Thanksgiving recipes in every state | CNN

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-20-2023 at 05:50 PM.