Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-24-2021, 05:44 PM   #3851
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Beau died in May 2015. Biden admits that he was no where near the right mind space to run in 2016 as a result.

Yeah, I don't blame him. And that general election would have been real tough on him considering the type of attacks that Trump would use. I still think it'll be looked back on as one of the pivotal moments in the history of this country.

Lauren Boebert also looks a lot like Lacey Chabert.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 06:54 AM   #3852
Edward64
Head Coach

Was wondering what's next for BBB. Senate gyrations start next week.

Here are the hurdles for Biden’s Build Back Better plan when the Senate returns - MarketWatch
Quote:
Senators return to Washington on Monday, and with them will come fierce debate over President Joe Biden’s sprawling social-spending and climate bill passed by the House earlier this month.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, a New York Democrat, has said he’d like his chamber to pass the so-called Build Back Better plan before Christmas, but several key provisions in the roughly $2 trillion measure need to be hashed out after passing the House of Representatives on Nov. 19, and Senate action could reportedly slip into the new year.

Attention will turn once again to Democratic Sens. Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona, two moderate members of Biden’s party who have aired concerns about the size and contents of the plan. But other lawmakers such as Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont independent who usually votes with Democrats, will also be critical to watch on issues including the state and local tax deduction, or SALT.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:48 PM   #3853
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Matthew McConaughey is not running for governor of Texas. That train derailed before it got going.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #3854
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Yeah, I don't blame him. And that general election would have been real tough on him considering the type of attacks that Trump would use. I still think it'll be looked back on as one of the pivotal moments in the history of this country.

Lauren Boebert also looks a lot like Lacey Chabert.

I really hope she gets replaced by Mila Kunis
Old 11-30-2021, 02:24 PM   #3855
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/polit...nia/index.html
Noted quack Dr. Oz is joining the clown car for US Senate in Pennsylvania

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #3856
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/polit...nia/index.html
Noted quack Dr. Oz is joining the clown car for US Senate in Pennsylvania

SI

Heh, just noted this in the Trump thread.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #3857
Swaggs
Coordinator

It doesn't sound like he grew up there (not sure?), but I think it could be amusing that Dr. Oz was born in Cleveland. I feel like that, alone, will be enough to sink him in Western PA.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #3858
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Apparently Oz went to college in Pennsylvania
Old 11-30-2021, 03:48 PM   #3859
BYU 14
Coordinator

Well hell, I had a layover in Denver once, maybe a Colorado house bid against crazy Boebert is in my future?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:52 PM   #3860
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

He lives in New Jersey, works in NYC but apparently voted by absentee from his in-laws' house in Philadelphia.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...s-say/3063223/

Hoping Fetterman wins the Democratic primary there, he'll win easily I think.

Last edited by Ryche : 11-30-2021 at 03:53 PM.
Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #3861
GrantDawg

Mark Meadows has turned over files and paperwork and will testify before the January 6th panel. Wonder if that revelation that he used his personal email to harass the Georgua SOS has him spooked?

Old 11-30-2021, 06:57 PM   #3862
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Mark Meadows has turned over files and paperwork and will testify before the January 6th panel. Wonder if that revelation that he used his personal email to harass the Georgua SOS has him spooked?

Or that that same SOS testified for over 4 hours to the Committee today?
Old 12-01-2021, 05:51 AM   #3863
Edward64
Head Coach

Not going to fault Chris for wanting to help his brother. But he prob should have taken a leave of absence and explained to his viewers upfront "love my brother, going to help him where I can, but don't want any misunderstanding with conflict of interest".
Old 12-01-2021, 09:06 AM   #3864
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not going to fault Chris for wanting to help his brother. But he prob should have taken a leave of absence and explained to his viewers upfront "love my brother, going to help him where I can, but don't want any misunderstanding with conflict of interest".

Yeah that would have been the responsible journalist thing to do, and probably a conversation CNN should have had with him all this started. He could have come back to CNN after it was all over, now I'm not sure they will take him back
Old 12-01-2021, 11:31 AM   #3865
GrantDawg

After oral arguements on the Mississippi law today, we can say good by to Roe.

Old 12-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #3866
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Mark Meadows has turned over files and paperwork and will testify before the January 6th panel.

He might just take the 5th before the panel.

But this strikes me as a semi-significant development.

Meadows is a smart guy, and he's going to have a sense of what's going on, and if he has decided that jumping off the Trump Train is in his best interest, that might mean that there's some sense that the Trump inner circle is in some danger.

As long as there is a sense that Trump will survive unscathed and punish his enemies and reward his friends, there is no reason to be anything other than Steve Bannon defiant.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:31 PM   #3867
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I think Roberts wants to uphold the limits without completely overruling Roe. But there might be 5 votes for overruling even without him.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #3868
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I think Roberts wants to uphold the limits without completely overruling Roe. But there might be 5 votes for overruling even without him.

Roberts wants to keep slowly killing it and he has to convince Justice "I like beer" to go along with him

SI

Old 12-01-2021, 08:49 PM   #3869
JPhillips
General Manager

Charlie Baker dropped the 2022 MA Gov race today, largely, it seems, because the state GOP is more supportive of Trump's candidate in the primary.

Baker won MA by 33 pts and coincidentally Trump lost MA by 33 pts.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #3870
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Charlie Baker dropped the 2022 MA Gov race today, largely, it seems, because the state GOP is more supportive of Trump's candidate in the primary.

Baker won MA by 33 pts and coincidentally Trump lost MA by 33 pts.

10 years ago, Baker seems like the type of guy who could have strong national aspirations. Now, he's getting pushed aside as a RINO.

SI

Old 12-01-2021, 09:30 PM   #3871
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
A tennis player speaking out against rape against a top official, and then "detained" is infuriating.

If this isn't resolved soon, the West should publicly explore not participating in the Winter Olympics.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/tenni...hnk/index.html

WTA is doing the right thing. I know some officials met with her in a conference call (supervised I'm sure) and supposedly she said she was good. Would like the video or meeting recording to be released and let's see. And after that, have her do another meeting but this time in person in neutral country.

Unfortunately, don't think WTA has enough heft. There needs to be other sports organizations doing the same thing.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/tenni...ntl/index.html
Quote:
The Women's Tennis Association (WTA) chairman and CEO Steve Simon has announced an immediate suspension of all WTA tournaments in China, including Hong Kong.

In a statement released Wednesday, Simon said the decision was based on the lack of transparency by Chinese officials following tennis player Peng Shuai's allegation of sexual assault against a top Chinese government official.
"In good conscience, I don't see how I can ask our athletes to compete there when Peng Shuai is not allowed to communicate freely and has seemingly been pressured to contradict her allegation of sexual assault," Simon said.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:58 AM   #3872
Edward64
Head Coach

Shouldn't the accountable person for the dysfunction is Harris' chief of staff Tina Flournoy and not a communications director or chief spokesperson. Maybe that's what Flournoy is doing right now to get better alignment.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/01/polit...ris/index.html
Quote:
Symone Sanders, Vice President Kamala Harris' chief spokesperson and senior adviser, is leaving the Biden administration at the end of the year, according to a source familiar with the decision.

"Symone has served honorably for three years," the source told CNN. "The President and vice president are grateful for Symone's service and advocacy for this White House. She is a valued member, a team player, and she will be missed. We are grateful to have her working through the end of the year."

Her expected exit marks the second departure among Harris' top communication staff in recent weeks. Last month, a White House official told CNN that the vice president's communications director, Ashley Etienne, was leaving to pursue "other opportunities."

News of each departure followed a myriad of reports, including by CNN, of staff infighting and dysfunction. Still, the source dismissed that Sanders' exit has to do with reports of dysfunction, calling it the right time for her to go.
Harris has known for some time about Sanders' upcoming departure, according to a second source familiar.

Last edited by Edward64 : 12-02-2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:34 PM   #3873
cuervo72
Head Coach

Looks like they are going to go full-throttle with the anti-abortion ads here (well, probably NoVa) if recent local commercials are any indication.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #3874
RainMaker
General Manager

It's weird because overturning Roe would probably help Democrats come election time. Abortion felt like a carrot Republicans loved to hold in front of their voters but never actually wanted to eliminate it (Obamacare is similar in that respect).

Maybe that doesn't matter as much now that so many states are setting up to more or less remove voters from deciding elections.

Although Democrats had the chance to prevent this back when Obama took office and failed to do so. It was something Obama talked about on the campaign trail and said it was a Day 1 thing. But he dropped it after being elected. So maybe voting Democrat wouldn't matter anyway.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #3875
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What exactly could've Obama done?
Old 12-02-2021, 08:46 PM   #3876
GrantDawg

Codified it.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:55 AM   #3877
RainMaker
General Manager

Obama Promised To Sign The Freedom Of Choice Act On Day One, Hasn't Touched The Issue Since
Old 12-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #3878
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Dems are always three moves too late.

"Now that the GOP has locked in gerrymandering and voter suppression and election administration, and majorities on the federal courts, we are going to seriously consider forming a committee to decide whether we should create a task force to resolve whether we should have a commission to make non-binding recommendations about whether we should have done anything about that before it was too late. But in the interest of fairness, we will only form the committee if a majority of Republicans say that they won't mind."

MEDIA: Dems pursue hardball tactics at risk of alienating moderate voters.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 12-03-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #3879
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: The only reason I have any hope that the 1/6 committee will say anything other than "Those terrorists were awesome, and it is out fault for not letting them kill us" is that they have a couple of Republicans on it.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #3880
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

double dola: And I'm out. Apparently, I am not in the right frame of mind to be anything other than a whiney bitch today :-)
Old 12-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #3881
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The Democratic Party’s Guide to Keeping Your Rights - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency

"Maybe there’s something wrong with your district? Have you tried turning your vote off and turning it back on again? See if that does anything."
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 12-03-2021 at 11:32 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #3882
GrantDawg

Albionmoonlight, we've all had those days. It is hard not to have those days constantly.

Old 12-03-2021, 03:32 PM   #3883
JPhillips
General Manager

The problem with the 1/6 committee is that they'll release a report, it will be thorough and devastating, and they'll expect it to make a difference.

But it won't. They need weeks, if not months, of public hearings, based on the Watergate model. They need to force this into the national conversation for a long time. For example, these witnesses claiming the fifth should have to do that on television to specific questions over and over. Make it clear what they are worried was criminal behavior.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:59 PM   #3884
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
But it won't. They need weeks, if not months, of public hearings, based on the Watergate model. They need to force this into the national conversation for a long time. For example, these witnesses claiming the fifth should have to do that on television to specific questions over and over. Make it clear what they are worried was criminal behavior.

I would like to see that too...tho I imagine that even if they could arrange that right-wing news would simply choose not to air any of it, which wasn't a consideration in the Watergate era.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 12-03-2021 at 05:12 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:47 PM   #3885
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The same court that is about to overturn Roe vs. Wade would easily overturn the Freedom of Choice Act.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #3886
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
They need weeks, if not months, of public hearings, based on the Watergate model. They need to force this into the national conversation for a long time. For example, these witnesses claiming the fifth should have to do that on television to specific questions over and over. Make it clear what they are worried was criminal behavior.

That doesn't do any good anymore. Think of how many people, after lots of congressional inquiry and discussion, still couldn't have given a rip about the Mueller report and investigation.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try, I'm just saying it requires an electorate that gives a darn. Most of the people who give a darn don't need convincing. The ones who could be convinced, will only be convinced by other issues (namely, those that immediately and concretely impact their bottom line).

In general, it mattered to John Q. Public that Nixon's administration and Nixon personally broke the law. It mattered more than partisan allegiances. That's why he was booted. By the 90s at the latest, we'd gotten to the point as a society where we no longer cared about that kind of thing as much. The situation hasn't improved since.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 12-03-2021 at 06:58 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:46 AM   #3887
Edward64
Head Coach

Don't think Ukraine or the West can do much to stop this militarily if Russia wanted to go forward with it. Assume there will be sanctions and many words, but that hasn't stopped Putin before.

U.S. intelligence finds Russia planning Ukraine offensive - POLITICO
Quote:
President Joe Biden has pledged to make it “very, very difficult” for Russia’s Vladimir Putin to take military action in Ukraine as U.S. intelligence officials determined that Russian planning is underway for a possible military offensive that could begin as soon as early 2022.

The new intelligence finding estimates that the Russians are planning to deploy an estimated 175,000 troops and almost half of them are already deployed along various points near Ukraine's border, according to a Biden administration official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the finding.
:
U.S. officials and former U.S. diplomats say while Putin clearly is laying the groundwork for a possible invasion, Ukraine’s military is better armed and prepared today than in past years, and the sanctions threatened by the West would do serious damage to Russia’s economy. It remains unclear if Putin intends to go through with what would be a risky offensive, they say.
Interesting note on SWIFT. No idea how significant it would be assuming countries like China will still continue to do business.
Quote:
He did not detail what sanctions were being weighed, but one potentially could be to cut off Russia from the SWIFT system of international payments. The European Union’s Parliament approved a nonbinding resolution in April to cut off Russia from SWIFT — the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications — if its troops entered Ukraine.

Such a move would go far toward blocking Russian businesses from the global financial system. Western allies reportedly considered such a step in 2014 and 2015, during earlier Russian-led escalations of tensions over Ukraine.

Then-Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said it would be tantamount to “a declaration of war.”
Old 12-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #3888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Handmaids tale shit....How did we get to this place?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #3889
GrantDawg

I don't know much about the newly elected Mayor of Atlanta Andre Dicksens, but the way he came from obscurity to win that election by landslide versus a well-known early favorite suggest he someone to keep an eye on. What I am reading it was mostly his charisma and relate-ability that put him over the top. He could be a real up-and-comer.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #3890
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Handmaids tale shit....How did we get to this place?

Nothing Madison Cawthorn does is a surprise at this point. He's as bad as MTG and Bobo except he's a white male which actually makes him far more dangerous within the GOP.

Last edited by Atocep : 12-04-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:27 PM   #3891
Edward64
Head Coach

Sounds like the right decision. My guess he'll wind up at MSNBC.

Quote:
CNN said Saturday that anchor Chris Cuomo has been "terminated" by the network, "effective immediately."

The announcement came after an outside law firm was retained to review information about exactly how Cuomo aided his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, when the then-governor was accused of sexual harassment.

CNN said in a statement: "Chris Cuomo was suspended earlier this week pending further evaluation of new information that came to light about his involvement with his brother's defense. We retained a respected law firm to conduct the review, and have terminated him, effective immediately."

"While in the process of that review, additional information has come to light," CNN's statement added. "Despite the termination, we will investigate as appropriate."
Old 12-04-2021, 05:37 PM   #3892
Atocep
Coordinator

Merry Christmas from House Representative Thomas Massie.

Serious question, do Republicans actually send out cards like this to family? Who the fuck sees this and goes, "This guy has always been pro 2nd amendment, voted that way, campaigns on it, but until I saw the Tremors: Christmas Special family cosplay I wasn't sold on the sincerity."

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #3893
BYU 14
Coordinator

Does anything scream I am a complete fucking douchebag more then that picture?

I own guns, but never felt the need to express it as some phallic symbol of my manhood.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #3894
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

I own guns, but never felt the need to express it as some phallic symbol of my manhood.

So the women in that picture just want penises?
Old 12-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #3895
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

They shut up and do as they are told.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:40 PM   #3896
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Or, they are actually as big a part, sometimes bigger, part of that culture than the men are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU14

Yes. A great many things do.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:15 PM   #3897
Edward64
Head Coach

He is pandering to his base and he (and family) seem to believe in 2A. Good trigger discipline.

The M60 (didn’t know you can buy one) and tommy gun are interesting.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #3898
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Definitely screams celebrating Jesus's birthday
Old 12-04-2021, 09:35 PM   #3899
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post

It’s like the truck nuts of family portraits.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:35 AM   #3900
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So the women in that picture just want penises?

I am sure you are able to cross reference what would replace a penis for the women.