Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2021, 08:48 PM   #1501
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Colts looking good on Thursday night, even if it is against the Jets.
Old 11-04-2021, 09:52 PM   #1502
Danny
Head Coach

You mean Derek?
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:21 AM   #1503
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You mean Derek?

Yes I did. The post has been corrected.

Thanks.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:08 AM   #1504
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Colts looking good on Thursday night, even if it is against the Jets.

I understand Carson Wentz's career less than I understand pretty much anything in football.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:31 AM   #1505
Swaggs
Coordinator

It sounds like OBJ will be released and hit free agency. What are the odds that he ends up on the Bucs and turns back into 2016 OBJ?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #1506
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
It sounds like OBJ will be released and hit free agency. What are the odds that he ends up on the Bucs and turns back into 2016 OBJ?

I'm going with 95%
Old 11-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #1507
miami_fan
Coordinator

I was thinking OBJ to the Rams while DeSean Jackson goes to the Bucs.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #1508
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dola,

I have no idea of the cap ramifications for either team.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #1509
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd say the Rams are a good choice for where he might land, but I have a tough time seeing him rejuvenate his career while living in Los Angeles. Then again, I wonder if he will ring chase or lifestyle chase.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #1510
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola - I just read that the Saints and Raiders were the teams showing interest in him at the deadline.

It sounds like he is guaranteed $8M for he rest of the season (as the pro-rated amount he has remaining on his contract for this year) if someone claims him.

I'd imagine he'll clear waivers, but it looks like there are about 12 teams that could probably afford him, per this site:2021 NFL Team Salary Cap Space Tracker | Spotrac
Old 11-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #1511
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Is there really going to be anywhere that OBJ is worth the hassle of dealing with him?

I have my doubts anybody should be that desperate.

edit: not saying they won't be, just saying they shouldn't be.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-05-2021 at 12:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:09 PM   #1512
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Is there really going to be anywhere that OBJ is worth the hassle of dealing with him?

I have my doubts anybody should be that desperate.

edit: not saying they won't be, just saying they shouldn't be.

I think the hope is that you can get half a season and a playoffs of "prove the haters wrong" effort out of him and then let him sign somewhere else this offseason.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #1513
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There are exceptions (Fitz, Megatron, Julio), but most big money WRs are crazy divas who rarely live up to their big $$ extensions.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:30 PM   #1514
molson
General Manager

Beckham must have the biggest diva WR disparity between fame/celebrity profile and actual production.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #1515
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Beckham must have the biggest diva WR disparity between fame/celebrity profile and actual production.

They should do a 30 for 30 on that one primetime catch he made against the Cowboys. There's an argument that his entire career/perception plays out differently without that one play.
Old 11-05-2021, 01:19 PM   #1516
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Is there some wrinkle to NFL rules/timing that explains/excuses the Browns for handling this issue literally hours after the trade deadline?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #1517
sabotai
General Manager

"I consulted my good friend Joe Rogan"

........LMAO, holy fucking shit, I can't believe he actually said that. It took all of Pat McAfee's self control to not burst out laughing at Aaron Rogers. That was an A+ train wreck of an interview.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:59 PM   #1518
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Old 11-05-2021, 02:10 PM   #1519
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Aaron Rodgers explains that after his own research and consulting Dr. Joe Rogan, he decide not to get vaccinated and MLK told him to not wear a mask. Or something close to that.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:08 PM   #1520
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

When I made the above post about him returning to his prime level, I have to admit I didn’t realize he hadn’t had a good season in like 5 years until I looked it up.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:05 PM   #1521
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Aaron Rodgers explains that after his own research and consulting Dr. Joe Rogan, he decide not to get vaccinated and MLK told him to not wear a mask. Or something close to that.

He also explained that he was a "critical thinker", and that he realizes he's "in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now."

And yes, he's on the ivermectin.

He pretty much hit all of the things.

Last edited by molson : 11-05-2021 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #1522
molson
General Manager

Also, I think we now can understand why the Packers didn't want him involved in personnel decisions. They knew he was like this all along. He submitted a 500-page report to the NFL about his vaccine alternative COVID theories, and he said they "thought he was a quack". Correctly. 500 pages. Of his research.

Last edited by molson : 11-05-2021 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #1523
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A lot of decisions make more sense now.

“Hey, let’s draft Jordan Love.”

“Why?”

“Because Aaron’s crazy and an asshole.”

“Yeah, that makes sense.”
Old 11-05-2021, 05:30 PM   #1524
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah, so he really is an asshole. Suspend him for the rest of the season.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #1525
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I enjoyed every moment of that interview. I especially enjoyed Aaron Rodgers incorrectly quoting a line from Dr. King's "Letter From A Birmingham Jail" while sitting at home relaxing. Perfect.
Old 11-05-2021, 07:10 PM   #1526
Atocep
Coordinator

There's been talk from former players and people around the Packers for years about what an asshole Rodgers is. He's just putting it on display for everyone now.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:17 PM   #1527
GrantDawg

People blamed Olivia Munn for his estrangement from his family. Not so much now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2021, 08:55 PM   #1528
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Rodgers' McAfee interview was so bad I hope it results in State Farm taking a long pause from using him in commercials. Holy crap. What a load of self-righteous, misinformed garbage. He sounded like a cross between Rand Paul and the dozens of people interviewed at Trump rallies. I can't believe no one stopped him from doing that interview - unless his goal is to sell insurance only to people who buy MyPillows.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #1529
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Rodgers' McAfee interview was so bad I hope it results in State Farm taking a long pause from using him in commercials. Holy crap. What a load of self-righteous, misinformed garbage. He sounded like a cross between Rand Paul and the dozens of people interviewed at Trump rallies. I can't believe no one stopped him from doing that interview - unless his goal is to sell insurance only to people who buy MyPillows.

A friend of mine is still a Rodgers defender. The guy's brother hates him, his family doesn't really talk to him, he has multiple former teammates that have described him as selfish and an asshole, people connected to the Packers front office have said he's strongly disliked in the organization, you have his handling of the last coaching change, his handling of the team drafting Jordan Love, how he acted this offseason, and now this interview.

Take any 1 or 2 of those things and you can explain them away. Taking in everything and looking at the big picture, he's a colossal douchebag.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #1530
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
There's been talk from former players and people around the Packers for years about what an asshole Rodgers is. He's just putting it on display for everyone now.

Yeah, I thought Aaron Rodgers being a dick was the worst kept secret in the league.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #1531
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
What a load of self-righteous, misinformed garbage. He sounded like a cross between Rand Paul and the dozens of people interviewed at Trump rallies.

"The right is gonna champion me and the left is gonna cancel me. I don't give a shit about either of them" he says while he, like a trained parrot, recites a bunch of far-right conspiracy theorist talking points.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #1532
GrantDawg

I would eat my hat if Rodgers knows all the ingredients of every drug, shot, or supplement he has been given in his football carrer. I guarantee he has had pain killers injected that have way more adverse affects than any of the vaccine options. He is just full of shit.

Old 11-05-2021, 10:16 PM   #1533
Ksyrup

He should just shut up and throw TDs. Oh wait, we agree with him, nevermind!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-05-2021, 10:26 PM   #1534
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Didn't see it mentioned unless I missed it; apparently per prosecutor Eric Bauman the airbag computers say Ruggs vehicle was traveling at 156 mph. It slowed down to 127 by impact.

That's ... moving along.

Edit: Nvm, just saw that Lathum posted the speed earlier.

I'll admit that when I saw the picture of him on the side of the road, balling like a little kid, while watching that poor lady in the car he had crushed die in a burning car my heart broke for the whole thing.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #1535
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I'll admit that when I saw the picture of him on the side of the road, balling like a little kid, while watching that poor lady in the car he had crushed die in a burning car my heart broke for the whole thing.

There's a video of him and his girlfriend screaming for help (for themselves) on the side of the road with the lady and dog burning to death in the car just ahead of them.
Old 11-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #1536
QuikSand
lolzcat

For those of us following teams whose regular seasons are reverting to 2022 tryouts...

Matt Araiza and the Best Punting Season in College Football History - The Ringer

Where do the Raiders pick in round one?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #1537
Ksyrup

I have been following that punter for several weeks. The video from yesterday's game begs the question though - why are you punting the ball 80 yards through the end zone instead of trying to use at least a bit of finesse/skill to pin them inside the 20?
Old 11-07-2021, 01:45 PM   #1538
AlexB
Pro Starter

If a rookie threw the INT that Tyrod Taylor threw just now, he'd be criticised for being naive. For a veteran QB that is unforgivable (but gratefully received as a Dolphins fan)

Last edited by AlexB : 11-07-2021 at 01:45 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #1539
AlexB
Pro Starter

Watching the Texans at Dolphins... these are two really poor teams (I know, statement of the bleeding obvious!)

Last edited by AlexB : 11-07-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #1540
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Apparently using the "Bengals for real" phrase is the equivalent of Cindarella's clock striking midnight, it's the cue for both to turn into pumpkins.
Old 11-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #1541
AlexB
Pro Starter

HTF are the Cowboys losing 30-0 at home?
Old 11-07-2021, 03:02 PM   #1542
GrantDawg

Cordarrelle Patterson is good at football.

Old 11-07-2021, 03:05 PM   #1543
AlexB
Pro Starter

He is this year, he was either misused or underperformed for the previous seven seasons
Old 11-07-2021, 03:07 PM   #1544
Ksyrup

Bills losing to the Jags the week after the Bengals lose to the Jets is a "hold my beer" moment if I've ever seen one.
Old 11-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #1545
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Gonna have to do something about these {cough} dominating defenses I guess

Winning QBs today in the NFL had the following stat lines

15/20 for 110 yards (team total: 245 yards offense)
15/26 for 118 yards (team total: 218 yards offense)
12/18 for 139 yards (team total: 273 yards offense)
Old 11-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #1546
GrantDawg

The sad thing is the Falcons, as bad as their defense is, is just a running game away from being a playoff team.

Old 11-07-2021, 05:19 PM   #1547
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The sad thing is the Bengals, as bad as their defense is, aren't going to be a playoff team.

Fixed.

Last edited by JPhillips : 11-07-2021 at 05:20 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 05:29 PM   #1548
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Gonna have to do something about these {cough} dominating defenses I guess

Winning QBs today in the NFL had the following stat lines

15/20 for 110 yards (team total: 245 yards offense)
15/26 for 118 yards (team total: 218 yards offense)
12/18 for 139 yards (team total: 273 yards offense)

So, what you're saying is the Bears have a shot tomorrow night?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:31 PM   #1549
Thomkal
Head Coach

Who needs Kyler Murray anyway?
Old 11-07-2021, 08:27 PM   #1550
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm disappointed nobody has made the obvious and overplayed joke about Bye being heavily favored over the Lions this week. I'll take one for the team.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote