Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

Alright Boyz, here we go! FM22 is Out!

Full game has been released.

I decided my first save will be an North American save starting with Orlando City. First save ever in the MLS.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:59 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Tell me how that goes. I have always had a hard time making MLS plays challenging.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 04:07 PM   #3
RainMaker
General Manager

Interested to hear thoughts as well. On the fence this year.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #4
SlyBelle1
High School Varsity

Was on fence myself, but since available with Gamepass instead of separate purchase, will at least give it a try.
SlyBelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And GamePass will be easier to mod this year apparently
Old 11-08-2021, 06:58 PM   #6
GrantDawg

Easier to mod would be nice.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #7
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Tell me how that goes. I have always had a hard time making MLS plays challenging.

Well just coming to gripes with trades and the Superdraft is already a challenge lol.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-08-2021, 09:38 PM   #8
Critch
lolzcat

Struggling to see anything that's changed. Normally it takes a while to get used to the new look, get used to the new match graphics. No problem at all this year, because its fairly unchanged.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 07:55 PM   #9
Critch
lolzcat

Looks like FM2022 is vanishing from Game Pass at the end of the month.

First impression is that it's much easier to win this year than it was in the last few years.

On the fence about whether I'll pay for it once its gone from Game Pass.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Incorrect.

FM2021 is.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47...-november-2021

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-18-2021 at 08:45 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 08:58 PM   #11
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Well that's good news. I guess I'll keep on shelling out my $10 per month.
Old 11-19-2021, 04:23 PM   #12
miami_fan
Coordinator

Calling all MLS experts.

In other sports sims, I would collect draft picks early in my save since I usually start with a terrible team and I want to build through the draft. Is this a common practice in the MLS? I see a couple of teams had multiple 1st rounders in last year's draft. I have no desire to collect 1st round picks and end up selecting from B Squad talent.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:09 PM   #13
GrantDawg

Building in the MLS is by free agency. Draft picks are rarely very good, or at least in previous versions I have played.

Old 11-19-2021, 05:32 PM   #14
fortheglory
Mascot

For some reason this thread just doesn’t generate the same interest and hype it used to…but really, FM 2002 is a marvel of accomplishment. I think it could be the very best game on the market…and that’s saying a lot!
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:39 PM   #15
fortheglory
Mascot

I’m beginning a save with the Philadelphia Union in the MLS myself…I’m really looking forward to reading lots of articles on tactics and training and really getting sucked in. This may be as perfect a sim as I have ever seen…I realize no game is really perfect, but man, this version is blowing me away…much smarter AI, very streamlined and just a really well done product. More developers out there should take a cue from SI.
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:39 PM   #16
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Don't make me upgrade again dammit.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #17
GrantDawg

It seemsxyo be a pretty solid version so far. I used the skin with the simulate match option for the first-time. I still don't know how I feel about that.

Old 11-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #18
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Are subs made when you use the simulate match skin? I haven't played for awhile and thought that was one of the downsides of that.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 04:47 PM   #19
GrantDawg

Yes. At least in the current version.

Old 12-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #20
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is there the equivalent of a U23 or U18 league for an MLS save? I just want to make sure I have not missed something. Also, how do those that have MLS saves go about developing the B and/or Academy teams? I prefer to keep my young players playing in house for a bit before I send them the best ones out on loan but I don't see a way to do that in the MLS.
Old 12-31-2021, 07:40 AM   #21
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am not a dynasty writing guy but I am enjoying the game and learning the MLS league rules the hard way.

At the beginning of the season, I lost Daryl Dike on waivers because I did not know that healthy non registered players are waived. Now I have four players that I can not register for the stretch run of my regular season because they are on the Disabled List and cannot be taken off the list due to the Roster Freeze Date. Yeah, I probably should probably have paid more attention to those emails.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:40 AM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

Tempted to buy for the first time since 18, but not sure if I'm ready yet to get out of this comfy, dated 16 chair.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:27 PM   #23
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

For anyone giving FM22 a go I highly recommend the Zealand skin here...

https://community.sigames.com/forums...v304-22122021/

Add in cutout faces, logos, kits, real name fix, background, and stadium pack and it is impressive. Very cool to go to the lowest default leagues and see what a local low level ground really looks like. Very cool.

I haven't played since FM14 and back in the day I would just guestimate at what leagues to load and play. IOW a very small world. This year I went to youtube and found setup suggestion videos and ended up with a large chunk of the world and ~40,000 players that still shows my computer running at 4 star performance. I've never been great at FM nor gotten deep into a game but with this setup I'm thinking I stick with this version for 2-3 yrs, or more, and let my game grow.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:53 PM   #24
kingfc22
Head Coach

FM22 is the first version to hook me in awhile. I’ve probably played it more than I did 16, 18, 20, and 21 combined.
Old 01-20-2022, 12:43 PM   #25
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am not a dynasty writing guy but I am enjoying the game and learning the MLS league rules the hard way.

At the beginning of the season, I lost Daryl Dike on waivers because I did not know that healthy non registered players are waived. Now I have four players that I can not register for the stretch run of my regular season because they are on the Disabled List and cannot be taken off the list due to the Roster Freeze Date. Yeah, I probably should probably have paid more attention to those emails.

Update: I won the MLS Cup and the Leagues Cup in my first season. I am getting ready to start my second season now. I am not really sure how I feel about the MLS so far.