Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #1901
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I REALLY want to how it is so easy to get tactical gear like this, I mean seriously.

When I take my guns to the range to shoot do I need a bullet proof tac vest to protect me from the targets attacking me.....no.

I don't hunt, but if I did would I need a tac vest to fend off killer squirrels......no

If, god forbid someone broke into my house in the middle of the night, would I first run to my closet to grab a tac vest, fill it up with extra mags, slip on my night vision goggles, then grab my gun? No, I would grab my fucking gun, tell my wife to get into the closet and call 911, while I waited from cover, hoping I would not need to take another humans life.

So someone please help me, how the hell does the second amendment cover the right to buy full military gear, including bullet proof vests, silencers and all the other bullshit these sociopaths always seem to have?

And oh yeah, this was on twitter and not only remained active, but was never caught so authorities could be notified, but Elon Musk wants to allow more of this shit sop more unhinged people can share these unhinged conspiracies?

I have guns but no tactical, plated vests. But from what I've read, it's pretty easy to get one if you want to pay the $.

I have no use for one, vast majority of gun owners don't. My use case is a zombie apocalypse and vests won't help

Re: silencers/suppressors, I'm okay with them. They aren't really silent like in the movies and yeah, I would like to shoot without my bulky hearing protection.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 09:33 PM   #1902
BYU 14
Coordinator

I for sure get how easy it is to get them, but again, I don't see why. Do we really want a civilian population equipped like our police forces? It's my same argument against high capacity mags. My 9mm holds 15+1 and my .380 6+1. If I can't neutralize a threat with that I probably shouldn't be a gun owner.

Large swaths of our society are not equipped for self defense, they are equipped for war.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-14-2022 at 09:33 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:39 PM   #1903
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

10 dead in Buffalo supermarket attack police call hate crime

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...urce-rcna28883

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-14-2022 at 10:43 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:03 AM   #1904
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Large swaths of our society are not equipped for self defense, they are equipped for war.

The difference in the two is largely the size/scope of the threat.

And being underequipped isn't a classic recipe for survival.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:07 AM   #1905
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Security guard hit the guy but he had on bullet proof vest. What a freaking asshole. Go volunteer in Ukraine and at least do some good playing live Call of Duty.

That part is insane. Need to update the mantra to a good guy with a gun with armor piercing bullets I guess.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 12:11 AM   #1906
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Sorry, I don't follow any Nazi's. Have they started blaming BLM yet? Or are they claiming the whole thing is a false flag?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Seems like tye talking point is that it was a false flag. Even some state Senators mentioning it. Mostly just Alex Jones stuff at this point.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #1907
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Two dead and three hurt at a mass shooting in Houston, and now reports of multiple people shot at a Southern California church. America.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 04:56 PM   #1908
RainMaker
General Manager

Is the church stuff new? Like I can't remember ever hearing about church shootings back in the day. It was even sacred ground for gangs.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:02 PM   #1909
QuikSand
lolzcat

I know it feels like a busy time, burying all these gun victims from multiple shootings, but it will pass, it always does. We'll get back to worrying mostly about the Kardashians and who's The Masked Singer and so forth in short order. Thoughts and prayers, nothing we could possibly do, blame mental illness, all that jazz. Hands washed.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #1910
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
I know it feels like a busy time, burying all these gun victims from multiple shootings, but it will pass, it always does. We'll get back to worrying mostly about the Kardashians and who's The Masked Singer and so forth in short order. Thoughts and prayers, nothing we could possibly do, blame mental illness, all that jazz. Hands washed.

Come on

We're past most of that and we've moved on to worrying about how much Disney is brainwashing our children and gas prices.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:18 PM   #1911
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is the church stuff new? Like I can't remember ever hearing about church shootings back in the day. It was even sacred ground for gangs.

Depends. Is it a black church?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:40 PM   #1912
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

Good point. There was one in Texas a few years back I remember too.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:50 PM   #1913
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

I think I read the congregation is mostly Taiwanese.

ETA: And the shooter was a Asian man in his 60s.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 05-15-2022 at 08:53 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #1914
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Good point. There was one in Texas a few years back I remember too.

Well, and Charleston.

Edit: Jewish temples would also count as "replacement theory" targets, too, and those have been shot up a fair bit the past decade. Our temple now has double the usual number of guards that we did in the past for services. Not something I remember happening at my church when I was growing up as a white protestant.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 05-16-2022 at 07:14 AM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:06 PM   #1915
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think I read the congregation is mostly Taiwanese.

ETA: And the shooter was a Asian man in his 60s.

Reports are it is an American of Chinese descent who had a strong anti-Taiwanese bias from his time over there.
Old 05-24-2022, 03:34 PM   #1916
miami_fan
Coordinator

To bring us back to the original title of this thread.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/24/us/uv...ing/index.html

Quote:
Robb Elementary teaches 2nd through 4th grades and had 535 students in the 2020-21 school year,

I have never seen a school grade grouping like this.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #1917
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If only those second graders had been carrying this could have all been prevented...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #1918
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If only those second graders had been carrying this could have all been prevented...

Just jumped to 16 killed...

great country we got here.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:53 PM   #1919
RainMaker
General Manager

Good lord
Old 05-24-2022, 03:54 PM   #1920
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This country is so addicted to not annoying conservatives that we now regularly slaughter school children rather than ask them to sacrifice anything.

And the conservatives in my orbit are still--by far--the angriest people I know.

I don't get it. Where does the anger come from? What more can we do to show you that you've won? What worlds are left to conquer?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:54 PM   #1921
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-24-2022, 03:54 PM   #1922
HerRealName
College Prospect

Time to start researching immigration to Australia again. This is awful and the Gov's office makes it sound like it is even worse than the posted article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I have never seen a school grade grouping like this.

It's not unusual for rural school districts to have odd school groupings. I went to 1 school from K-3, a different one 4-5, a different one 6-8, and then a different one for high school.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 03:56 PM   #1923
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

18 year old high school student. Kills his grandmother, then goes to the local elementary school to kill 14 kids and a teacher. When will this stop?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:02 PM   #1924
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
18 year old high school student. Kills his grandmother, then goes to the local elementary school to kill 14 kids and a teacher. When will this stop?

It won't. The blood of some innocent children is a willingly paid price for rednecks to keep their toys.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:05 PM   #1925
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It won't. The blood of some innocent children is a willingly paid price for rednecks to keep their toys.

Yup. Several people have indicated that they enjoy hunting. I think that ends the conversation.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 05-24-2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:09 PM   #1926
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Yup. Several people have indicated that they enjoy hunting. I think that ends the conversation.

The problem is there is zero gray area with these people. almost all the pro gun control people I know are fine with hunting rifles, hand guns for home defense, etc....but want a ban on assault style weapons. Whenever this conversation comes up the right immediately shuts is down and starts deflecting with definitions, etc....like a former poster here used to do.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:11 PM   #1927
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

It won't. This country is what it is.
Old 05-24-2022, 04:13 PM   #1928
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Don't worry guys, they'll be another school/church/office/etc shooting to make you forget about this one...

it just shows you America is back from COVID. WHOOOOOO
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-24-2022, 04:15 PM   #1929
QuikSand
lolzcat

It’s so sad
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 04:24 PM   #1930
MIJB#19
Coordinator

I just got shivers over my back as if it was the first time I heard of such a tragedy. Poor kids and families.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:01 PM   #1931
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't know how you break the news to parents that their 8 year old was slaughtered.

Old 05-24-2022, 05:05 PM   #1932
BYU 14
Coordinator

I own guns, so I am not anti-gun, but I am anti-stupidity by our leaders, who use fear tactics (all guns are evil and need to go away, or any type of change gun law is evil and will result in you losing your guns)

So what the hell is wrong with

1-Universal gun license, like you have a drivers license, you know because everyone that opposes new gun laws says shit like, cars are dangerous, lets ban them. Well yeah, they are dangerous, that's why you have a license and lose your right to drive if you lose your license. So universal gun license, connected to a criminal and behavioral health database. You are flagged on either one, you lose your guns. You get caught with an unregistered gun, you lose you guns and go to jail, 5 years minimum. Every gun you buy is recorded on your license, which you have to renew every 10 years by taking a gun safety course.

2-Stiff penalties/agendum's for gun crime. Use a gun in a crime, nobody is killed/injured, automatic 5 year addendum to the sentence, must serve all 5. Bodily injury occurs from the gun or somethings else, add 10. Someone is killed, automatic 50 year addendum, all these must be served consecutively, so if you get life, it's life plus 50, no reduction to the addendum. Possession of unlicensed 5 years, must serve all 5.

3-All gun sales must be recorded on an individuals license. If that does not happen, seller gets 5 years too and loses their guns.

4-Don't let the public buy body armor, who the fuck needs body armor to hunt or target shoot?

5-Limits on magazine capacity, you can't defend your house with 15 rounds, you probably need more range time.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #1933
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I own guns, so I am not anti-gun, but I am anti-stupidity by our leaders, who use fear tactics (all guns are evil and need to go away, or any type of change gun law is evil and will result in you losing your guns)

So what the hell is wrong with

1-Universal gun license, like you have a drivers license, you know because everyone that opposes new gun laws says shit like, cars are dangerous, lets ban them. Well yeah, they are dangerous, that's why you have a license and lose your right to drive if you lose your license. So universal gun license, connected to a criminal and behavioral health database. You are flagged on either one, you lose your guns. You get caught with an unregistered gun, you lose you guns and go to jail, 5 years minimum. Every gun you buy is recorded on your license, which you have to renew every 10 years by taking a gun safety course.

2-Stiff penalties/agendum's for gun crime. Use a gun in a crime, nobody is killed/injured, automatic 5 year addendum to the sentence, must serve all 5. Bodily injury occurs from the gun or somethings else, add 10. Someone is killed, automatic 50 year addendum, all these must be served consecutively, so if you get life, it's life plus 50, no reduction to the addendum. Possession of unlicensed 5 years, must serve all 5.

3-All gun sales must be recorded on an individuals license. If that does not happen, seller gets 5 years too and loses their guns.

4-Don't let the public buy body armor, who the fuck needs body armor to hunt or target shoot?

5-Limits on magazine capacity, you can't defend your house with 15 rounds, you probably need more range time.

I think you could get the majority of Democrats to agree to these in part of in full.

Republicans? Not so much.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 05:10 PM   #1934
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'd add manufacturer liability to the list. Give the gun makers/marketers an incentive to keep their guns from being used in slaughters and watch the market work.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #1935
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think you could get the majority of Democrats to agree to these in part of in full.

Republicans? Not so much.

You would think this presents a happy medium, nobody loses their AR-15, the party of law and order gets tougher prison sentences, and room can be made for these people by decriminalizing cannabis nationally, letting low level dealers/users out and expunging their records.

There is something both sides can sell, if they didn't insist on such an all or nothing game.

i also though about manufacturer liability, but that would be a death knell for sure, but yes I support it.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:22 PM   #1936
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
i also though about manufacturer liability, but that would be a death knell for sure, but yes I support it.

It would if nothing changed. The theory is that the gun makers would have an incentive to change things.

Personally, I have no problem with guns. I have a problem with slaughtering kids. If we can get everyone on board with solutions that let us keep one without the other, then that's great IMO.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:36 PM   #1937
BYU 14
Coordinator

True, and the gun lobby will fight like hell regardless, but if anything is going to cost them they will really up the intensity of resistance. Maybe start small and bring something like that later.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:41 PM   #1938
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The only gun control that could pass would have to be supported by the NRA. As long as they own at least 41 Senators, then nothing's going to change.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:05 PM   #1939
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I am strong proponent of gun control. Very strong, but in addition, we really need to do something to figure out the underlying sickness that is afflicting men, typically younger, in this country that’s causing them to carry out these horrific acts.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:11 PM   #1940
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
... but in addition, we really need to do something to figure out the underlying sickness that is afflicting men, typically younger, in this country that’s causing them to carry out these horrific acts.

Plus one here.

What causes someone to be so angry that they need to go out and kill children, especially when they know that the likely outcome for themselves is death or life in jail.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 05-24-2022 at 06:22 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #1941
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Plus one here.

What causes someone to be so angry that they need to go out and kill children, especially when they know that the likely outcome for themselves is death or life in jail.

Because they can....
Old 05-24-2022, 06:27 PM   #1942
RainMaker
General Manager

There's nothing you can really do. It's a dying empire that has a sickness that can't be fixed by some mild gun control measures. Mass slaughter of children in schools is as much a part of our culture as cars, burgers, and football.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:28 PM   #1943
thesloppy
Pro Starter

MAYBE several mass shootings in legislatures rather than schools seems like the only possible way to get any change in this country, and even then it would depend entirely on the partisan scorecard.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:42 PM   #1944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
MAYBE several mass shootings in legislatures rather than schools seems like the only possible way to get any change in this country, and even then it would depend entirely on the partisan scorecard.

We literally had insurrectionists wanting to hang the VP and his own President and party whitewashed it...
Old 05-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #1945
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We should have a federal holiday for victims of school shootings. Just call it “Inaction Day” or something to that effect.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 08:58 PM   #1946
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-24-2022, 09:21 PM   #1947
Atocep
Coordinator

It's already being spun as strictly a mental health issue and anyone bringing up gun control in the aftermath of a mass shooting is a narcissist and damaging the healing process.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:27 PM   #1948
JPhillips
General Manager

Good lord. Herschel Walker starts his campaign by suggesting the massacre was faked.

And not a single GOPer will say a damned thing.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:41 PM   #1949
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It's already being spun as strictly a mental health issue and anyone bringing up gun control in the aftermath of a mass shooting is a narcissist and damaging the healing process.

Is this not a mental health issue?
Old 05-24-2022, 09:53 PM   #1950
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Is this not a mental health issue?

Quote:
strictly a mental health issue

Mental health is a part of a number of issues that lead to mass shootings. As a country we don't have a monopoly on mental health issues but we do have one on mass shootings.