Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #201
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Oh, and I've fixed the names.

update player set player_name=TRIM(player_name)

then

update player set player_name = replace(player_name,' ',' ');
Old 01-04-2014, 07:58 AM   #202
Ben E Lou

(the second one has three spaces in the first quote)
Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #203
WheelsVT
High School JV

Nicely done Ben, that's almost exactly what I just emailed you.
The only thing now is to have the priority list import ignore DOBs like the updated version has. I emailed you the php file to replace and it should be good to go.
WheelsVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #204
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Am I correct that I'd have to re-enter all of the draft picks if I re-imported?

Yes, but I don't think a re-import is necessary now with the steps above.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #205
chinaski
College Prospect

Any chance on getting bar ratings for dispersal drafts? Sorry if its been covered, I cant find it.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #206
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Any chance on getting bar ratings for dispersal drafts? Sorry if its been covered, I cant find it.

Yes, bars are displayed for players when doing an allocation or dispersal draft - the 53 round draft of existing players to start a league. The commish just needs to sim past the draft and export to get the ratings file to use for the draft.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #207
Ben E Lou

I think he means the individual skill bars like screen passing, etc., which cannot be displayed.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM   #208
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
I think he means the individual skill bars like screen passing, etc., which cannot be displayed.

Yeah what Ben said. What prevents them from being displayed?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #209
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:

Not for a rookie draft but they should be displayed for the allocation draft, if they aren't then it's because Conscriptor can't find an attribute that should be there in the player_to_attribute table. It works with the latest, but perhaps the first working version used for WOOF didn't have it right yet?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #210
wade moore
lolzcat

"Zero out priority of players with same position when selecting a player:" appears to not be working.

In the WOOF draft for round two I loaded up a handful of CBs.

It took a CB in round 2.

I didn't go back to Conscriptor. In round 3, it took a CB.

I logged into Conscriptor, it still had a CB active in my priority list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #211
Ben E Lou

It can display the bars even though we don't have current ratings? (Remember, we only have future potential.)
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #212
WheelsVT
High School JV

With rookie drafts the bars are team specific. And ratings aren't exported by FOF7 directly. I'm going to look into allowing GMs to import their own view of rookie bars from an Extractor run that is visible only to themselves during a rookie draft.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #213
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
It can display the bars even though we don't have current ratings? (Remember, we only have future potential.)

Yes. You'll just see one bar not both orange and blue bars.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #214
WheelsVT
High School JV

Here's an example... (of player card from an allocation draft. Regular draft will not have these ratings bars)

Last edited by WheelsVT : 01-04-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #215
chinaski
College Prospect

sweet!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #216
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
"Zero out priority of players with same position when selecting a player:" appears to not be working.

In the WOOF draft for round two I loaded up a handful of CBs.

It took a CB in round 2.

I didn't go back to Conscriptor. In round 3, it took a CB.

I logged into Conscriptor, it still had a CB active in my priority list.

Sorry Wade. I'm seeing the same thing on my test site. Troubleshooting now.

Edit: Found it. My logic was reversed on testing for a staff draft for that line. Ben, change line 83 in functions.inc.php from
"if ($staff)" to "if (!$staff)". Main link updated with the patched file.

Last edited by WheelsVT : 01-04-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #217
Ben E Lou

A team ran out of time and got skipped. Draft setting is for BPA/Scout pick.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:14 PM   #218
Ben E Lou

Force Pick not working either. It re-skips the pick.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #219
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
Updated to 2.3

Fixed bug found in my testing where if draft set to make pick on expiration and player queue and/or BPA auto-pick is turned on for that team and list empty and time expires or forced then the pick is skipped instead of a player picked by force.

Removed requirement of matching DOB on priority list import since rookies do not have DOB exported currently in FOF7.

Yes, I saw that the force pick could fail and have fixed it already I believe (see above).

If you aren't running the latest then the workaround is to unskip the pick, and try the "force pick" button or if that doesn't work make the pick yourself.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #220
WheelsVT
High School JV

Another alternate to get force_pick to work is to replace team.inc.php with the one from the latest version.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #221
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Another alternate to get force_pick to work is to replace team.inc.php with the one from the latest version.
OK. I will try this.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:57 AM   #222
chinaski
College Prospect

In the latest version were using over at WOOF, the SMS alert isnt working for me. My options are set correctly, but ive never received a text for any of my picks. Using Verizon.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #223
TRO
College Prospect

FWIW, SMS is working for me on AT&T.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:10 PM   #224
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
In the latest version were using over at WOOF, the SMS alert isnt working for me. My options are set correctly, but ive never received a text for any of my picks. Using Verizon.

Try sending yourself a text by sending an email to [10 digit phone number]@vtext.com and see if you get it.

If you do not - then I need to update the SMS gateway to one that works, but I'm pretty sure I tested the Verizon one with some family members.

Most likely you will get the text which would indicate the reason it isn't working for the WOOF is the host server isn't reliably handling the way Conscriptor is set to send email. This happens often unfortunately and it's why there are a couple different admin options that Ben could try to find an email notification method that works with the server the draft is running on. If none of them test out reliably enough then its best to disable notification rather than have GMs relying on it and it not coming through.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #225
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Try sending yourself a text by sending an email to [10 digit phone number]@vtext.com and see if you get it.

If you do not - then I need to update the SMS gateway to one that works, but I'm pretty sure I tested the Verizon one with some family members.

Most likely you will get the text which would indicate the reason it isn't working for the WOOF is the host server isn't reliably handling the way Conscriptor is set to send email. This happens often unfortunately and it's why there are a couple different admin options that Ben could try to find an email notification method that works with the server the draft is running on. If none of them test out reliably enough then its best to disable notification rather than have GMs relying on it and it not coming through.

Ok, sent the email and the text came thru about 10 minutes later.

Last edited by chinaski : 01-06-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #226
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

So will the Draft app work with FOF7?
Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #227
sjshaw
lolzcat

Feature request if you get a chance: Be able to view "everybody but K/P" in the "All Players" view.
sjshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #228
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Feature request if you get a chance: Be able to view "everybody but K/P" in the "All Players" view.

+1,000,000
Old 01-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #229
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
So will the Draft app work with FOF7?

Yes. However, the staff draft has not been "league tested" yet.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:15 AM   #230
QuikSand
lolzcat

So... really love the draft tool, so glad you have taken up the task of keeping it fresh.

Minor request for the queue. When I use the handy "Quick Add" tool to place a new guy into my priority list, it churns that out and then sends me to the Selections page. That seems really odd - I *always* want to stay on the Priority page after I do that, and that seems like a smarter default to me.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #231
sjshaw
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
So... really love the draft tool, so glad you have taken up the task of keeping it fresh.

Minor request for the queue. When I use the handy "Quick Add" tool to place a new guy into my priority list, it churns that out and then sends me to the Selections page. That seems really odd - I *always* want to stay on the Priority page after I do that, and that seems like a smarter default to me.

Agreed on all counts!
Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #232
chinaski
College Prospect

So after a few times of being auto'd in the allocation draft over at WOOF, I would love to have the ability to control the parameters of the scout pick.. like being able to set the range of experience of potential draftees. So for an example, only draft 0-6 exp guys, highest potential etc.

Probably not worth your time Wheels, since this only applies to allocation drafts, but im sure most people would love to have this ability. Who wants a 16 year ILB in the 11th round?! GRRRR!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #233
TRO
College Prospect

While on the subject of feature requests, I think it would be nice to be able to set yourself on auto-pick for a set number of selections.

For instance, I may have 3 picks in the 3rd round and I'd like to set my draft list to take care of the first 2 picks but would like to come off of the auto-pick so I can re-evaluate before the next pick.

Thanks for all your work!

Last edited by TRO : 01-11-2014 at 04:51 PM.
TRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:15 PM   #234
w24olfpack
Mascot

Quote:

Wheels
Hit me up. We'll be ready to go as soon as TFL gets our files from Jim.
w24olfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #235
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshaw View Post
Should be an easy add that I'll put in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Also should be an easy fix.

Quote:
...ability to control the parameters of the scout pick.. like being able to set the range of experience of potential draftees. So for an example, only draft 0-6 exp guys, highest potential etc.

Probably not worth your time Wheels, since this only applies to allocation drafts, but im sure most people would love to have this ability. Who wants a 16 year ILB in the 11th round?! GRRRR!!!!
Yes, this would be a little more work to implement, and likely not worth it. Perhaps if I get bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
While on the subject of feature requests, I think it would be nice to be able to set yourself on auto-pick for a set number of selections.
For instance, I may have 3 picks in the 3rd round and I'd like to set my draft list to take care of the first 2 picks but would like to come off of the auto-pick so I can re-evaluate before the next pick.
I would like something like this feature too. Good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w24olfpack View Post
(RE Staff Draft testing) Wheels
Hit me up. We'll be ready to go as soon as TFL gets our files from Jim.
Ok. PM on its way.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 AM   #236
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:

More to the point - If someone out there has time, it'd be a big help if you could run a staff draft and compare what coaches the utility says are amenable and see if it matches in-game. I believe it's implemented correctly, but it needs confirmation testing.

You could do this from a single-player career even and just run it multiple times selecting different coaches. I just haven't had time to do this. I'd hate for a league draft to run and the import fail because a coach actually couldn't have been picked.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #237
Ben E Lou

The CCFL is live with the conversion. I'll be ending the 2037 season at some point in the next 24 hours, then beginning 2038 and setting up the staff draft very soon thereafter. It could be as soon as this evening.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 AM   #238
Ben E Lou

Dola--we have some openings if anyone wants to jump in on the first converted league to get movin'.

CCFL: Conversion To FOF7 Is Complete. Join To Play FOF7 MP Now! - Front Office Football Central
Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #239
Ben E Lou

Installing for CCFL staff draft tests now
Old 01-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #240
Ben E Lou

Oh..actually no...we need to do the stadium/retain staff stage first, because that is going to affect who is amenable.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #241
Ben E Lou

Important staff draft question: if I have a HC under contract and I sign someone else to be HC, my HC is released into the pool in the game. Does it work that way in Conscriptor?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #242
WheelsVT
High School JV

Quote:
Important staff draft question: if I have a HC under contract and I sign someone else to be HC, my HC is released into the pool in the game. Does it work that way in Conscriptor?

The way it's set to work in Conscriptor is a "fired" transaction is recorded in the transaction table, and he is marked as unemployed with 0 years on his contract.

So yes, he would (or should) show up in the pool of available coaches.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #243
WheelsVT
High School JV

Attention leagues converting from FOF2k7 to 7.0:
Ben and I found that converted league files differ from 7.0's format and so will 7.0a. So until 7.0a is actually released and I can code against it follow the instructions below prior to a draft import so that the files are recognized by the utility.

Replace the first line in your rookies file with
Quote:
Player_ID, Last_Name, First_Name, Position_Group, College, Height, Weight, Dash, Solecismic, Strength, Agility, Jump, Position_Specific, Developed, Grade

Or for a staff draft replace the first line in your staff file with
Quote:
Staff_ID, Last_Name, First_Name, Current_Team, Role, Primary_Group, Salary, Player_Development, Young_Player_Development, Motivation, Discipline, Play_Calling, Strength_Training, Conditioning, Intelligence, Scouting_Ability, Interviewing, Age, Retired, Years_on_Contract, Suitable_Head_Coach, Suitable_Offensive_Coordinator, Suitable_Defensive_Coordinator, Suitable_Assistant_Coach, Suitable_Strength_Coordinator
and replace the first line in your transactions file with
Quote:
Stage, Player_ID/Staff_ID/Round, Transaction, Team, Position_Group/Year, Money, Years/Original_Position/Destination_City, Original_Team/Destination_Position/Misc.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #244
WheelsVT
High School JV

I'm using the snow day today to run through some staff draft confirmation testing. The next update (2.4) will include any fixes, and will be posted shortly after FOF7.0a is released when I can match the headers to FOF's new format.
Old 01-21-2014, 03:50 PM   #245
WheelsVT
High School JV

I've run into enough issues today to say wait until I update following the pending FOF7 patch to run a staff draft.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 AM   #246
Ben E Lou

The draft csv is generating a blank file even though 224 players have been picked:
CCFL Front Office Football Conscriptor version 2.3.1
Old 01-26-2014, 04:38 AM   #247
Ben E Lou

Code:
select round((pick_id-16.5)/32)+1 AS draftround, mod(pick_id-1,32)+1 as draftpick, t.in_game_id as team, player_in_game_id as playerid FROM pick p JOIN team t on t.team_id=p.team_id JOIN player pl on pl.player_id=p.player_id WHERE pick_id>0 ORDER BY pick_id
Old 01-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #248
WheelsVT
High School JV

That doesn't look like code from analyzer.php at all though is similar to...
What happens when you run "select * from pick, team, player where
pick.team_id = team.team_id and player.player_id = pick.player_id order by pick_id"?
Do you get a joined list of players?
Old 01-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #249
Ben E Lou

That is not code from analyzer.php. That is the query you need to return the format that FOF needs for importing a draft class. I ran that query, exported the results as a CSV, and imported into FOF.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #250
WheelsVT
High School JV

I had the code right, just missed a $ in front of the "staff" flag variable on line 27 of analyzer.php. Update is coming soon.